Quote Originally Posted by Resiak1066 View Post
    Now, this doesnt excuse cases like yesterday, during Shinryu, the big arrows appear. We all stack on the person, and all of a sudden they take off running to a random corner and get vaporized. We should all know what the stack arrows mean by now. But for new mechanics, they could try doing what wow does often and use some trash to teach them. Or an early phase that teaches you the mechanic in a less deadly state, then ramp it up in a later phase. I think this would help some of the issues with people not knowing what to do in harder fights. Well, it would help a little.
    I've had these happen in Susano extreme groups... boggles my mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Ragnarocket View Post
    As much as I enjoy the Genji outfits I think I would have enjoyed a bit more differentiation than I think they currently have. I'm not actually a fan of the tank set...especially since I can't dye it.

I'll be using my Artifact Armor I think for the foreseeable future. I enjoy the white/blue/gold color scheme for my Paladin. The Genji armor is a dull grey/silver that I'm not sure I'll enjoy.
    I'm probably going back to the artifact hakama/sandals and one of the old Fire Festival yukatas for my Samurai. Go for that Seven Samurai/Kenshin/Champloo vibe and use the starting katana since it's just a plain, basic one.

I'd definitely like to see what the Genji tank set looks like when dyed. I do agree, though, the Genji armor feels a *little* lazy with Tanks, Melee, Ranged, casters, and healers sharing the same boots & gloves. But with tomestones in 2 weeks, maybe they weren't meant to be terribly diverse in design.

Still grumpy the casters get the best looking Samurai set and I'm still 100% convinced that Samurai/Dragoon got reversed, dag blast it!

15+ Year Old Account
    I did all 4 last night and they were pretty meh besides team rocket base in 3.

With SB i decided to start going into fights blind and learning them as I go. It's been fine so far. But I think I'm starting to understand why so many people struggle with this game. While a lot of mechanics are reused, some of the harder fights have mechanics that arn't all that intuitive. For instance, Lakshmi. You get the special ability that looks like it's only one use with a vague description on when to use. Now i knew it was apparent to use it when she was going to do her big attack early, but how are you supposed to know the bubbles recharge it for further uses. 99% of the time, something like those bubbles appear you get away. Not a huge deal, I knew what to do on the second attempt.

Now, this doesnt excuse cases like yesterday, during Shinryu, the big arrows appear. We all stack on the person, and all of a sudden they take off running to a random corner and get vaporized. We should all know what the stack arrows mean by now. But for new mechanics, they could try doing what wow does often and use some trash to teach them. Or an early phase that teaches you the mechanic in a less deadly state, then ramp it up in a later phase. I think this would help some of the issues with people not knowing what to do in harder fights. Well, it would help a little.
    I noticed the bubbles were identical to the button for Vril, so I wandered over into one of them and saw it made the button light back up.

That said, I do agree that it is far from the most evident mechanic as to what to do. Somewhat reminiscent of Forgall in Weeping City, where during the final phase, you actually want to stand in the "bad" in order to not be 1 shot by Megadeath. I even recall looking at the tooltip of the zombification status (from standing in 1 puddle) and no where do I recall it specifying that the debuff prevented getting wrecked by Megadeath.

The cutscene explaining that you would have an anti-gravity device for the second boss in Omega was a neat touch. It starts off easy enough, but then you reach the point I described yesterday where you have both high and low AoEs blanketing the entire arena...I spent the whole time looking around going "where the hell do I stand?", only to get petrified and whacked by it. Only at the end of the fight (as I panned my camera around while dead) did I see the upper one would disappear first.

Quote Originally Posted by Aruhen View Post
    I've had these happen in Susano extreme groups... boggles my mind.
    I've seen bad players here and there. But man, SB is bringing out the best. It's really amusing doing simple Lakshmi normal and seeing people trying to position the line mechanics. I had someone finally go off and tell them to pick a spot and stand still the other day. I couldnt help but sit there laughing.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kazela View Post
    I noticed the bubbles were identical to the button for Vril, so I wandered over into one of them and saw it made the button light back up.

That said, I do agree that it is far from the most evident mechanic as to what to do. Somewhat reminiscent of Forgall in Weeping City, where during the final phase, you actually want to stand in the "bad" in order to not be 1 shot by Megadeath. I even recall looking at the tooltip of the zombification status (from standing in 1 puddle) and no where do I recall it specifying that the debuff prevented getting wrecked by Megadeath.

The cutscene explaining that you would have an anti-gravity device for the second boss in Omega was a neat touch. It starts off easy enough, but then you reach the point I described yesterday where you have both high and low AoEs blanketing the entire arena...I spent the whole time looking around going "where the hell do I stand?", only to get petrified and whacked by it. Only at the end of the fight (as I panned my camera around while dead) did I see the upper one would disappear first.
    Thats when I can't really fault people for being "bad" initially. I don't really know how they expect you to know when a puddle is bad or good. Now If your on attempt 5 of a fight, and don't know to get in the water (looking at you again Shinryu), then yeah, your now just not paying attention.

10+ Year Old Account
    Thats when I can't really fault people for being "bad" initially. I don't really know how they expect you to know when a puddle is bad or good. Now If your on attempt 5 of a fight, and don't know to get in the water (looking at you again Shinryu), then yeah, your now just not paying attention.
    Some people are REALLY convinced those fights never vary. The Hellfire OR Judgement Bolt has screwed with many a group I've had. Too many people see "Oh the big cast is coming! Last time I got in water and it saved me!" and then they get mega-zapped. People are used to Trials being VERY exact and precise in terms of "this happens now" so those different abilities that require completely opposite actions to survive have been extremely effective at killing people I've noticed.

I've seen bad players here and there. But man, SB is bringing out the best. It's really amusing doing simple Lakshmi normal and seeing people trying to position the line mechanics. I had someone finally go off and tell them to pick a spot and stand still the other day. I couldnt help but sit there laughing
    That shit triggers me soo hard. Like holy fuck pick a good spot and STAY so the rest of the group can adjust to you instead of playing fucking ping pong or some shit. The worst is when they pick a good spot and then like 2-3 seconds after they for some reason decide to move to a different one that's several times worse.

/endrant

10+ Year Old Account
    That shit triggers me soo hard. Like holy fuck pick a good spot and STAY so the rest of the group can adjust to you instead of playing fucking ping pong or some shit. The worst is when they pick a good spot and then like 2-3 seconds after they for some reason decide to move to a different one that's several times worse.

/endrant
    As the tank in PF groups I've just decided to screw it and take the damage. Because invariably someone will move those lines right on top of me at the last second. The damage is fairly negligible anyways. The circle though...for some bloody reason someone ALWAYS decides to come running up to where I'm tanking to drop it. Why??

Geez...for all of you describing these hilariously bad Lakshmi normal failboats, were you running that during early access, or was it a little later?

I've only had to run it once, maybe twice, and 9 times out of 10 I would be one of the recipients of the cross formation AoE thing. I would already be a bit away from the boss on one end of the arena, so I would just back up a bit towards the edge, while the other person who got the marker would be on the opposite end of the arena, so we would form a pound sign (or hashtag for you youngins ) and there was no overlap nor skullfuckery of the group happening. No, I did not watch a video prior to the fight (I don't even know if there was one out by then...this was on Sunday or Monday following early access start). I did manage a spectacular fail, though, by moving too far over and then bumping one of my movement keys while turning to check something and bloop, off the ledge I went. This was with the boss at 8-10%, but still...that close to being done and I go and fuck things up. At least we didn't wipe at that point.

Must get crafters to 70 so I can focus on the EX version of the current primal fights...
    Last edited by Kazgrel; 2017-07-06 at 04:16 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Geez...for all of you describing these hilariously bad Lakshmi normal failboats, were you running that during early access, or was it a little later?

I've only had to run it once, maybe twice, and 9 times out of 10 I would be one of the recipients of the cross formation AoE thing. I would already be a bit away from the boss on one end of the arena, so I would just back up a bit towards the edge, while the other person who got the marker would be on the opposite end of the arena, so we would form a pound sign (or hashtag for you youngins ) and there was no overlap nor skullfuckery of the group happening. No, I did not watch a video prior to the fight (I don't even know if there was one out by then...this was on Sunday or Monday following early access start). I did manage a spectacular fail, though, by moving too far over and then bumping one of my movement keys while turning to check something and bloop, off the ledge I went. This was with the boss at 8-10%, but still...that close to being done and I go and fuck things up. At least we didn't wipe at that point.

Must get crafters to 70 so I can focus on the EX version of the current primal fights...
    That's what I had to eventually mark for people. 1 "corner" for whomever got the mark. Leave the middle open for people to run to stack for the other mechanic. People think the impact is going to happen immediately but it really has some leniency to it. You can run over the markers for a few seconds after they appear to get settled.

/endrant
    I THINK their trying to move around other people. The problem is, well you dont do that. The only people you need to adjust for are the other person with the lines, and the tanks. Everyone else needs to get out of your way, and if they eat a hit because they didnt move, thats on them, not you. People just get too spazzy and over think when they have a mechanic on them.

- - - Updated - - -

Sadly this was just the other day doing my trial roulette. The people getting marked with the cross would not stand still. At all. It was making me actually sit at my computer laughing because I just couldnt wrap my heads around these people fidgeting around so much.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sesshomaru View Post
    CS III has a cast of 7 CP per cast, though. Depending on the gear on people, it could be rather costly as in missing a proc due to shortness of CP.
    Although I do agree with you with it being better than CS II.

- - - Updated - - -

Yes, the only limiting thing was the requirement of having a battle class at 50(+).
    You are free to go as SAM to do whatever you'd like from here on, except some glamours/weapons ((Original) Rowena's Token weapons) which hasn't been added and never will.
    Still want at LEAST grand company weapons for them

That's what I had to eventually mark for people. 1 "corner" for whomever got the mark. Leave the middle open for people to run to stack for the other mechanic. People think the impact is going to happen immediately but it really has some leniency to it. You can run over the markers for a few seconds after they appear to get settled.
    Yup; that thing gives you a good...6-8 seconds, I think, to move around as needed. Or, in this game's case, run around like a catgirl or lizardfolk chasing it's own tail.

- - - Updated - - -

I THINK their trying to move around other people. The problem is, well you dont do that. The only people you need to adjust for are the other person with the lines, and the tanks. Everyone else needs to get out of your way, and if they eat a hit because they didnt move, thats on them, not you. People just get too spazzy and over think when they have a mechanic on them.

- - - Updated - - -

Sadly this was just the other day doing my trial roulette. The people getting marked with the cross would not stand still. At all. It was making me actually sit at my computer laughing because I just couldnt wrap my heads around these people fidgeting around so much.
    Well then. Figured maybe it was the whole "we're all first timers here" thing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Or, in this game's case, run around like a catgirl or lizardfolk chasing it's own tail.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g1zueewVmIo.

Quote Originally Posted by Anzaman View Post
    Shame it's Raen.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Shame it's Raen.
    Ain't nothing wrong with Raen! We're shmexy...and apparently sea lizardfolk.

Under Da Sea and all that jazz I suppose.

Ain't nothing wrong with Raen! We're shmexy...and apparently sea lizardfolk.

Under Da Sea and all that jazz I suppose.
    Xaela is Baela.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Xaela is Baela.
    I love those Lupin guys. The final one you fight before the final quests? He's Baewolf to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Faroth View Post
    Sad that video games are mainstream and yet the media still pushes the claim that they're responsible for all the violence they can....But yeah, that's about what figured was the reason.
    To be fair, I don't think I've seen that agenda pushed recently, they're much more focused on Racism and White Privilege these days.

Quote Originally Posted by Faroth View Post
    But I fully expected to come here and find Wreck saying they were broing, dull, and/or pointless fights with nothing surprising and nobody could conceivably die unless they actively tried. Same ol' same ol'.
    I'll elaborate just for you: One preface to keep in mind is that this is from the POV of a Tank.

1) 1.0 boss - I already didn't like it because aesthetically it looked like a dumber version of Shinryu. You had me come off this epic serpent dragon battle, and then immediately follow it up with another wyrm, who's considerably less interesting.

There nothing for a tank to do. I just sit there, pop a cooldown for tail lashes and that's it. The other stuff is just more specific location and specific timed telegraphs.

2) 2.0 boss - Cool idea and I quite liked the mechanics behind the scenes. But again, other than standing still, moving to middle, and clicking an extra action button there wasn't really anything in the fight that required me to put effort in. The safe spot is always the same place, always the same fashion, etc. It was more auto-pilot than engaging. There's very little impact for using your float device at bad timing or just spamming it on cooldown. I don't even think this boss did any damage to me as a tank. I tanked it in SO the entire time with no consequence.

3) 3.0 boss - Neat aesthetic. I thought the sand maze was fun, but a pretty pointless mechanic. You have more than enough time, there's little if any consequences for poor navigation, and no incentive/reward for optimal pathing. There's little danger or pressure forcing you to panic or make a mistake. I could literally call that mechanic "Driving Miss Daisy 2" and I would be doing the movie a disservice.

The role panels and frog piece was too obvious. It was too easy to execute and perform successfully and way too obvious how to do it. Like why would a boss knowingly give you the tool to beat it?

4) 4.0 boss - cool dude. Down to earth and made sense. I have very few issues with this guy other than the phase with the tentacles, zombification and safe zone, felt very scripted and pointless. I.e. go to x or die.

As far as dying goes, no I can totally see that. Wiping though? You'd need healers who are super new or ones who can't make the cut to actually wipe. This is substantiated by my experience, in which we literally blind steamrolled and 1 shot 1-3.0 and 3 shot 4.0 (would have been 2 if I could have stayed with old group). The pug group I had the third time for 4.0 we 1 shot it. The pug group for the second party had a single healer who was undergeared, but tried their hardest and still almost succeeded.

Quote Originally Posted by KrayZee View Post
    What is more fun about other bosses in this game?

More pizza slices? Less pies?
    T5 had the fire mechanic that I really liked. Gave you options on how to handle. I also liked twisters (post fix) and the periodic adds.

T6 had the periodic add spawns the random briar patch -> swallow mechanic (not counting cheese method, fuck that bug). It also had the Slug -> Honey mechanic that gave you options to handle the mechanic pending skill level.

To me those are fun mechanics. The patches add strategy and constant awareness (tank reposition, mDPS reposition, etc.) for several mechanics.

T7 is another good example between the add management, the position management and the party position. It all happens organically.

T9 had the meteor mechanic, which while a pain was fun to figure out and manage and had several solutions, and the subsequent phase with eating rocks and moving adds was fun too.

I liked A1S for the add -> puddle mechanic. That was fun.

A3S had the tethers, the add phase I quite liked, and the hand phase was neat too.

These are the types of mechanics I like. Not just telegraphs. Things that happen in the moment and can change, not a fixed position on the ground.

As much as I enjoy the Genji outfits I think I would have enjoyed a bit more differentiation than I think they currently have. I'm not actually a fan of the tank set...especially since I can't dye it.

I'll be using my Artifact Armor I think for the foreseeable future. I enjoy the white/blue/gold color scheme for my Paladin. The Genji armor is a dull grey/silver that I'm not sure I'll enjoy.
    The one thing I hate, in fact the ONLY thing I hate about the PLD artifact armor is that almost every freaking weapon clips through the damn cape. I mean hell the sword that comes with the set clips the worst.

Quote Originally Posted by Wrecktangle View Post
    The one thing I hate, in fact the ONLY thing I hate about the PLD artifact armor is that almost every freaking weapon clips through the damn cape. I mean hell the sword that comes with the set clips the worst.
    As a cat girl my choice was either to not show weapons or glamour to something else. I decided to just use the Ala Mhigo armour as at least that has an opening on the back for the tail. Sad because the AF 3.0 gear looks great.