Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    Probably because it was an unmitigated shitshow last year. I was one of apparent hundreds if not a thousand or two people that literally had a buffering symbol the whole time. Some people said it was overload, others said braodcasting to so many EU regions was causing some 'not available in your region horseshit' but it was paying a price of a retail game for a single minion and a yuna cosplay i never used. It wasn't Squares fault but the 3rd party service they used which is infamous for its bad quality and CS that basically said 'lol wrekt' when people asked for refunds.

Shame about the primals though, not like i wont buy the album versions. That Heavensward one was great.
    Yeah Primals is like their in house band kind of like ETC is to Blizzard. Both are quite good.

And yeah I remember the Cleeng stream last year. Holy hell....

Luckily it's going through Twitch this year. And I imagine their Youtube channel probably. Should be a lot better.

That "leak" were the new class will be an early unlock for pre orders sounds exciting. I hope its true for all the new classes and not just one. There's no more savage content coming before the next expansion so who cares about balance at this point. Maybe restrict end game content for them but it would have been cool to have the chance to level a Red Mage to 60 before 4.0 launched.

Quote Originally Posted by Aruhen View Post
    That "leak" were the new class will be an early unlock for pre orders sounds exciting. I hope its true for all the new classes and not just one. There's no more savage content coming before the next expansion so who cares about balance at this point. Maybe restrict end game content for them but it would have been cool to have the chance to level a Red Mage to 60 before 4.0 launched.
    Definite PS4 pre order if that's the case then.

Although how does it work with pre ordering on PS4? When do you get the key or does it just auto upgrade the account level ready for the date?

Can't remember what happened with Stormblood.

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Definite PS4 pre order if that's the case then.

Although how does it work with pre ordering on PS4? When do you get the key or does it just auto upgrade the account level ready for the date?

Can't remember what happened with Stormblood.
    You buy it and it treats it like a regular game preorder with the countdown in your library. I still have to use my ARR/HW disc to boot the game but it basically just functioned like buying dlc.

But boy that countdown is a tease on ps4. J-just 70+ days for my REmake 2 download ;_;

10+ Year Old Account
    FF14 > WoW. Not an opinion, that's facts.
    Where will the stream be held and at what time?

Quote Originally Posted by TriHard View Post
    Where will the stream be held and at what time?
    Starts Friday at 6:30 PM UK time.

It's on Twitch.

- - - Updated - - -

You buy it and it treats it like a regular game preorder with the countdown in your library. I still have to use my ARR/HW disc to boot the game but it basically just functioned like buying dlc.

But boy that countdown is a tease on ps4. J-just 70+ days for my REmake 2 download ;_;
    I don't use discs for games like these personally. I do have physical copies for the sake of collecting but my ARR and HW ones are PS3 haha!

So basically will I need to add any code to Mogstation with PS4?

Starts Friday at 6:30 PM UK time.

It's on Twitch.

- - - Updated - - -

I don't use discs for games like these personally. I do have physical copies for the sake of collecting but my ARR and HW ones are PS3 haha!

So basically will I need to add any code to Mogstation with PS4?
    No its added to the PSN licensce attatched to your square enix account. You buy it on PSN and the license for the ps4 version of the client is just updated on your SE account. I havent had to use the mogstation for anything in maybe a year or so.

-Also one interesting thing about the leak and BLU is the rumour of Ronso as a male only race equivalent to a Viera female only. Aside from Quina Quen Khimari Ronso is one of the most recognisable BLU in the franchise.

No its added to the PSN licensce attatched to your square enix account. You buy it on PSN and the license for the ps4 version of the client is just updated on your SE account. I havent had to use the mogstation for anything in maybe a year or so.
    Oooh I remember now. Stormblood auto did it as well.

Thanks Danny. <3

To be honest though by the time the expansion after the upcoming one comes out the next gen of systems will probably be out and FF14 will more than likely go on there.

Gonne be hell having to buy the entire game again. Imo if you own it on one system you should get it at a discounted rate on the other.

Welp Fanfest in 2 days.

Will admit I'm hyped for obvious expansion info but a bit disappointed that since the stream is free this year they won't be showing The Primals concert.

They haven't really given any reason to why either. Just that the stream is free and concerts won't be shown.
    Just to offer something special for attendees, really. At least there will be a version online via YouTube afterwards

Oooh I remember now. Stormblood auto did it as well.

Thanks Danny. <3

To be honest though by the time the expansion after the upcoming one comes out the next gen of systems will probably be out and FF14 will more than likely go on there.

Gonne be hell having to buy the entire game again. Imo if you own it on one system you should get it at a discounted rate on the other.
    Well last time they did end up giving it to a lot of people for free to get people to drop the PS3 snail edition. They 'might' do something similar if its making enough money on subs and mogstation bismarks, but then again Square is kind of in a bad place with their AAA's nowadays and might be riding on another release of XIV to bump up sales while the rest of the FF franchise is kind of a softly burning trash fire.

I feel like I remember a transfer from PS3 to PS4 that they offered at one point.

Quote Originally Posted by Faroth View Post
    Just to offer something special for attendees, really. At least there will be a version online via YouTube afterwards
    Attendees already get something special though.

Actually being there.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Faroth View Post
    I feel like I remember a transfer from PS3 to PS4 that they offered at one point.
    Yeah I forgot about it and bought the entire damn thing again for PS4.

I'm a halfwit.

Hopefully they do a "PS4 TO PS5" free transfer. Or better yet bring it Xbox already because I've been considering going Xbox next gen.

Attendees already get something special though.

Actually being there.

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah I forgot about it and bought the entire damn thing again for PS4.

I'm a halfwit.

Hopefully they do a "PS4 TO PS5" free transfer. Or better yet bring it Xbox already because I've been considering going Xbox next gen.
    Honestly i would not be surprised to see an xbone client revealed at fanfest. Theres not a legion of them but a significant number of people that played XI on their 360 and were gutted the sequel was, for consoles, a playstation exclusive release. With all the final fantasies from the playstation era coming to xbox and a big push for cross play this year i wouldn't be surprised to see those people who sunk so much time into XI finally getting the sequel they wanted half a decade late.

Then the xbone will have something other than Forza worth playing

Honestly i would not be surprised to see an xbone client revealed at fanfest. Theres not a legion of them but a significant number of people that played XI on their 360 and were gutted the sequel was, for consoles, a playstation exclusive release. With all the final fantasies from the playstation era coming to xbox and a big push for cross play this year i wouldn't be surprised to see those people who sunk so much time into XI finally getting the sequel they wanted half a decade late.

Then the xbone will have something other than Forza worth playing
    To be fair if the Xbox One client did happen how would cross play work?

Would Sony and MS finally set aside their differences to allow it?

If it was cross play with PC only how would they stop you from seeing a PS4 player in the world?

I'd bloody love an Xbox One client. More players and more people to play with is never a bad thing.

PS3 was dropped because it really was a limitation. Xbox One wouldn't be and it would be interesting seeing how a One X would run it if optimised well.

With Microsoft teasing Sony about crossplay lately, it would be interesting if Microsoft was still being the roadblock to FFXIV being on the system like they have been in the past. Definitely could see it coming to the console finally.

Sony hasn't been the roadblock on FFXIV. Microsoft wanted an XBox only server client the same as they had with FFXI and Yoshida has been adamant that it's everyone plays together or nothing. Sony has been weird about the whole crossplay with PC/Xbox is whatever for MMOs but other games we'll be prickly about.

Microsoft demanded enclosed environments just for their users in the past. Being so severely battered by this gen of the console wars made them change their tune because it was a strategy they could use against Sony. With Sony relenting on Fortnite and such, I'm assuming it would not be an issue for FFXIV now, so expect Yoshida to be eagerly pursuing it with Microsoft again.
    Last edited by Faroth; 2018-11-14 at 02:33 PM.

Probably just a gamertag on the inspect window and the same in every other regard same as psn users and pc ones.

- - - Updated - - -

https://theeorzeanfrontier.blogspot....blue-song.html My prediction for BLU if its happening, how do you reckon it would work in XIV? tank or another dps right after RDM?

Probably just a gamertag on the inspect window and the same in every other regard same as psn users and pc ones.

- - - Updated - - -

https://theeorzeanfrontier.blogspot....blue-song.html My prediction for BLU if its happening, how do you reckon it would work in XIV? tank or another dps right after RDM?
    i want a mage tank but i have a feeling its gonna be a dps.

Quote Originally Posted by threadz View Post
    i want a mage tank but i have a feeling its gonna be a dps.
    Yeah same. It would be cool to have a dude in that Xi style arabian nights looking relic armour tanking using magic and monster abilities but we all know dps are the majority subscribers in mmorpgs so get mild favouritism in class choices. Still it would be a bit off to do RDM as dps and the next year BLU as dps as well.

Maybe keep it melee would be something but we've had one new tank since launch and 4 dps.

Yeah same. It would be cool to have a dude in that Xi style arabian nights looking relic armour tanking using magic and monster abilities but we all know dps are the majority subscribers in mmorpgs so get mild favouritism in class choices. Still it would be a bit off to do RDM as dps and the next year BLU as dps as well.

Maybe keep it melee would be something but we've had one new tank since launch and 4 dps.
    If the leak is anything to go by, which has been pretty damned accurate up to this point, the new jobs for the next expansion are Blue Mage, Dancer and Gunblade. Maybe the roles aren't split. Stormblood released two DPS jobs. Maybe they'll start allowing jobs to be more than one role based on a stance or something and Blue Mage can be a tank or DPS depending on how it's spells are slotted (if it uses that mechanic) and maybe Dancer can be a DPS or Healer depending on which stance it's in or something....

Either way, I'm always just excited to see new stuff and will play Blue Mage and Dancer regardless of what roles they are, those were my main jobs in FFXI and I can't wait to be able to play them in FFXIV....if the leak is accurate, which as I said, has been extremely accurate up to this point so I'm more inclined to believe it than not.

Quote Originally Posted by Katchii View Post
    Either way, I'm always just excited to see new stuff and will play Blue Mage and Dancer regardless of what roles they are, those were my main jobs in FFXI and I can't wait to be able to play them in FFXIV....if the leak is accurate, which as I said, has been extremely accurate up to this point so I'm more inclined to believe it than not.
    Yeah see i mained NIN/RDM so i'm already happy