10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Manderville Gold Points.

It's basically the currency used for the Gold Saucer. You earn it from minigames, the GATES (fun little events that rotate), challenge log and the cacpots. You can go to the Gold Saucer at level 15 from the quest in Uldah called "It could happen to you".

You can basically buy all sorts with it like glamours, Triple Triad cards, Minions, Orchestrion Rolls and even the Garo crossover armor sets (these ones cannot be dyed though).

The Regalia will cost 200,000 MGP (datamined) and you'll have a good month to get it. Just doing the Challenge Log on top of a few other things per week will easily net you 200k.

Plus there is the Fashion Report which you get like 80k MGP I think if you score higher than 80.
    Thanks Eleccybubb. Now that i switched from Dragoon and boosted out of ARR i am actually having a lot more fun, just trying to actually get to level cap. I am mostly a solo player so my focus will be on cosmetics and the occasional dungeon and other things i can queue for. I will have to look into what the Gold Saucer is, i sure i just missed the Blue + Quest that opened it, as i have missed a ton of those. And ill google what the Fashion Report is.
    We live in an era of "me versus them", an era where something is done that you don't like means you are personally attacked. People whine too much.
    Let us play video games and be happy.

Quote Originally Posted by bloodwulf View Post
    Thanks Eleccybubb. Now that i switched from Dragoon and boosted out of ARR i am actually having a lot more fun, just trying to actually get to level cap. I am mostly a solo player so my focus will be on cosmetics and the occasional dungeon and other things i can queue for. I will have to look into what the Gold Saucer is, i sure i just missed the Blue + Quest that opened it, as i have missed a ton of those. And ill google what the Fashion Report is.
    Probably should have explained it.

Basically there's an NPC called Masked Rose who gives you hints about 4 or so items to wear. Like an example would be "truest of linens" would be one of the 350 True Linen pieces. You match the hints with the item and you get a score (with bonus points for dyes)

Sometimes it might cost you an arm and a leg to get these items with gil because when it's those items their price tends to rise.

Even without Fashion week between now and May you can easily get 200k MGP if you just farm 10k a day. Which is like 3 GATES or a single Mini Cacpot jackpot.

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Probably should have explained it.

Basically there's an NPC called Masked Rose who gives you hints about 4 or so items to wear. Like an example would be "truest of linens" would be one of the 350 True Linen pieces. You match the hints with the item and you get a score (with bonus points for dyes)

Sometimes it might cost you an arm and a leg to get these items with gil because when it's those items their price tends to rise.

Even without Fashion week between now and May you can easily get 200k MGP if you just farm 10k a day. Which is like 3 GATES or a single Mini Cacpot jackpot.
    Masked rose will give you MGP just for participating IIRC, regardless of score, I'll have to double check that though.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    Masked rose will give you MGP just for participating IIRC, regardless of score, I'll have to double check that though.
    You're correct. You get 10k for simply participating, and if you get 80pts or more you get 50k for a total of 60k. If you look at the ffxiv subreddit on fridays, there's usually a reddit post with the 100pt solution and easy 80pts in the comments or infographic if its a post by kaiyoko

5+ Year Old Account
    The official forum really has been awful lately. I'm tired of the manufactured outrage over Hrothgar and Viera.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Graeham II View Post
    The official forum really has been awful lately. I'm tired of the manufactured outrage over Hrothgar and Viera.
    glad I don't do official forums for any mmos i've ever played, stayed as far away from WoW forums as I could most of the time.

That's because im not there anymore to cut the riff raff down. I'm still salty about the perma lol.

10+ Year Old Account
    That bad, huh? I only sporadically take a peek in there, didn't think people get that riled up about such a triviality.
    Oh well, little internet boys are used to the fact that if they make enough of a racket they get their wants, don't expect it to stop till SE caves in.

10+ Year Old Account
    FF14 > WoW. Not an opinion, that's facts.
    Wait, is it really confirmed that we have to farm MgP for the mount?

Is it at least account-wide then or is it single-character only?

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't think so.

10+ Year Old Account
    I appreciate all the help you guys are giving me. It also is reflected in the community. I did Thok ast Thok or whatever yesterday, and was trying my hardest to avoid everything and keep up with my rotation/skill priority and i died to a mechanic that i missed, well i was immediately ressed and one of the healers actually took the time to type out what i did, and how to avoid it, without being condescending.

Also is Duty Finder limited to server? I have done 3 now since boosting to 60 and in each i have encountered people i see walking around. It is neat to see people in dungeons and in the world.
    We live in an era of "me versus them", an era where something is done that you don't like means you are personally attacked. People whine too much.

I appreciate all the help you guys are giving me. It also is reflected in the community. I did Thok ast Thok or whatever yesterday, and was trying my hardest to avoid everything and keep up with my rotation/skill priority and i died to a mechanic that i missed, well i was immediately ressed and one of the healers actually took the time to type out what i did, and how to avoid it, without being condescending.

Also is Duty Finder limited to server? I have done 3 now since boosting to 60 and in each i have encountered people i see walking around. It is neat to see people in dungeons and in the world.
    Duty Finder is connected to the entire Data Center for your server, as is the Party Finder tool. It's quite common to see people from your server as well, especially if you're on a high population server.

I've also always found the community in FFXIV to be overall more friendly than other MMO's, but you still do find your fair share of assholes, just like anywhere else online.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Katchii View Post
    Duty Finder is connected to the entire Data Center for your server, as is the Party Finder tool. It's quite common to see people from your server as well, especially if you're on a high population server.

I've also always found the community in FFXIV to be overall more friendly than other MMO's, but you still do find your fair share of assholes, just like anywhere else online.
    Well of course that is the case. Hell, i was doing the nidhogg dungeon, and the tank was not holding threat at all, and i started to get a bit frustrated. Then i stopped, and thought, dont be that guy, i dislike League cause i am that guy in LOL. I dont want to bring that toxicity with me. So i just shut up and helped the poor white mage as best i could. Hell i had to finish the last 10% of the first boss cause the tank let everyone die... Ended up netting me a couple commendations (whatever those are).

Quote Originally Posted by TriHard View Post
    Wait, is it really confirmed that we have to farm MgP for the mount?

Is it at least account-wide then or is it single-character only?
    Farming MGP is actually fairly quick from what I'm told. You can have enough for the car in a few weeks doing fashion report.

You just have to figure out how to maximize what you wear for max payout.

Not that there's easy ways to figure it out or anything. Nope, none at all.

- - - Updated - - -

Well of course that is the case. Hell, i was doing the nidhogg dungeon, and the tank was not holding threat at all, and i started to get a bit frustrated. Then i stopped, and thought, dont be that guy, i dislike League cause i am that guy in LOL. I dont want to bring that toxicity with me. So i just shut up and helped the poor white mage as best i could. Hell i had to finish the last 10% of the first boss cause the tank let everyone die... Ended up netting me a couple commendations (whatever those are).
    Commendations are basically players saying "you did a good job" at the end of a run. You get rewards at certain levels:

https://ffxiv.consolegameswiki.com/w...r_Commendation

Most people default to giving them to the tank or healer, so if a run goes very standard without a stand out, I sometimes try to mix them up and give them to a DPS I noticed doing really well on their rotations/mechanics or if I'm feeling like nobody stood out I'll reward them based on names or jobs (knowing some jobs just inherently get less commendations since they're not noticeable).

But in your situation, the healer and other DPS likely gave them to you for helping them out and finishing off that last boss.

They can only be handed out by random matches in Duty Finder too. So if a friend and I party up and join duty finder, we can only give commendations to the other two people, not each other. It's amusing when we have FC Fun Night and there are 7 of us and we do a trial. We'll sometimes get a new player and we chuckle on Discord that this new player is about to get 7 commendations poured on 'em.

You also get a reward from the challenge log for issuing a certain number of them per week (coincides with the roulette rewards from the challenge log as well).

Some of the complaints are silly yes but it's just as bad to tell anyone that it's wrong and 'manufactured' to be disappointed about anything with the new races.

Quote Originally Posted by leviathonlx View Post
    Some of the complaints are silly yes but it's just as bad to tell anyone that it's wrong and 'manufactured' to be disappointed about anything with the new races.
    I mean, they're getting mad over they're own hype for something. It'd be one thing if SE had said there would be male viera and then changed their mind, it's another for you to get hyped over male viera and then lash out when your wants aren't vindicated.

It's honestly silly to get mad over something that was never guaranteed.

You can be disappointed sure, but that shouldn't be the point you're causing ruckus.

10+ Year Old Account
    I mean, they're getting mad over they're own hype for something. It'd be one thing if SE had said there would be male viera and then changed their mind, it's another for you to get hyped over male viera and then lash out when your wants aren't vindicated.

It's honestly silly to get mad over something that was never guaranteed.

You can be disappointed sure, but that shouldn't be the point you're causing ruckus.
    I agree with this entirely. All of gaming is getting to this point were people make up their own hyped features, irregardless of whether or not the developer mentioned it. Then they get personally offended if their entire desire is not fulfilled. It appears SE is not immune to this at all. As a new player, i think both of the new races are cool looking, and if i had reason to make an alt id be interested in either.

I agree with this entirely. All of gaming is getting to this point were people make up their own hyped features, irregardless of whether or not the developer mentioned it. Then they get personally offended if their entire desire is not fulfilled. It appears SE is not immune to this at all. As a new player, i think both of the new races are cool looking, and if i had reason to make an alt id be interested in either.
    I'm changing to Hrothgar on my main :P going to be awesome.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by leviathonlx View Post
    Disappointment is fine. Accusing the development team of 'sexism', 'bigotry' and other similar terms is a major overreaction. Especially when there was never any guarantee that Viera/Hrothgar would be to their personal tastes to begin with. I'm looking forward to the expansion and it's disappointing that a very vocal minority has made it a point to drag others down with them because they didn't get what they wanted.

I'd have liked Viera men to be added to my personal tastes - something along the lines of blood elves from WoW, perhaps - but I'm not going to lose any sleep over their lack of inclusion. Honestly? The game would be better if those individuals left at this point. They don't appear to actually invest in the game much in the first place and seem to be very one note in regards to their desires.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm changing to Hrothgar on my main :P going to be awesome.
    I got a fantasia in my inventory that i have no idea where i got it. Saving it, i might change from Catgirl to moody Bunnygirl.