5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aruhen View Post
    I started with Titania since it drops the weapon which will help you more on Innocence.
    Noted. I'll give a try tomorrow, then!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Aliven View Post
    Sooo...

I returned, bought the Shadowbringers and get back to finishing HV storyline and oppening Stormblood exp.
    Huge props for deisgning the new Machinist, it is smooth and blast to play.

Saying that i dunno if i want to continue playing or coming back to wow...
    I really, really like lore and universe themes (thornberies, chocobo ect) of FF but, there is one huge, hairy BUT

I hate bloating of skill on classes. I thought it will be pruned. It kinda was, to be perfectly honest and it is more accessible than ever, but it is still to much. For example, my Samurai would neet 20 designated keys to use most of abilities on kinda low cd in rotation. Im not adding all the cd ones, because the number or keys would go up to like 30 or something. I dont simply see how i can play without investing into some logitech g600. I dont want to btw :P

This is my grip and it was not yet fixed. Sure, i can play casually and not bother but i dont like gimping myself. Especially that i love the little intricacies of classes, mechanics, rotations, Samurai used before for example really evoke that "thinking swordmaster" fantasy only using the rotation But alas, they keybinds are just nasty. I play on PC on keyborad and mouse.

Sure, maybe there are classes which use less buttons (Red Mage for example, also like him) but again, im shoehorned into playing something which may or may not be the best for my style just because of shortcomings within the system.

Sad part is that i dont see any way out of this problem.

Soooo while i adore the game, maybe it was not designated for me
    I'd say it honestly depends on what you want out of the game. Are you looking to get into high end content or just play casually? Some of the rotations look a lot more intimidating than they actually are but practice makes perfect and with time muscle memory tends to come into play. At the moment there's currently 17 combat jobs, so I'd like to think there's something to suit everybody at this point.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by scarecrowz View Post
    Anyone know if Australian servers are ever going to be considered?

My friends and I have just started new characters last night after 8.2 has underwhelmed us.

I'm finding it irritating that AoE still hits me 2 seconds after I move out of the circle. I can't maximize my DPS if I have to stop casts and move.
    It was mentioned in a recent interview as something that they're looking into, I believe. Whether something comes of it remains to be seen but I think there's a decent chance give the game's increasing population.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wrecktangle View Post
    I actually saw that post lol.
    Figures that you would read a Fred regarding healer DPS.

10+ Year Old Account
    For SCH there really needs to be more aetherflow dumps and let us cast it out of combat. Personally would like Energy Drain (even without MP drain) and Shadow Flare to be back. Shadow Flare's 5% slow, while little, is still a damage reduction to put in between bubbles. Sitting with charges of aetherflow and aetherflow being off CD and not having anything to use it to quickly dump and recharge it is very odd and eh... I understand wanting to curb SCH's DPS but they went pretty overkill with it as we literally only have 3 buttons. Currently best DPS is WHM > SCH > AST. AST just got the short end of the stick hard. Lower cast time doesn't mean much for AST if the CD is still 2.5s. Doesn't help too much on mobility if you still have to plant your foot, and SCH gets to move like a retard and cast for 200 potency vs 240 for AST's main filler.

Personal prefer for SCH is to put back Miasma, Energy Drain, and Shadowflare. Adjust damage of Miasma to 100+300 (100 + 30 over 30s) and bio lowered to 550 (55 over 30s). WHM 2 GCDs should achieve 1020 potency on first application of DoT as a comparison. Main reason for 950 as opposed to a higher number would be compensate for movement. Energy drain remove the MP regen. Shadowflare would probably be the same since it's only 250 potency total, 60s CD (granted looking at it on single target).

Healing is fine, I get to actually use more of my tool kit, by that I really just mean I use my bubble more often cause the thing now regens health along with damage reduction, 15s long and 30s CD so basically 50% uptime, which is really powerful. On a dungeon boss it's super common to just only rely on my pet, and bubble to heal everyone provided people don't sit in all the things of course.

Wall to wall trash pull with my friend as tank I don't really have any issues healing and I spam my AOE button more than I do healing still. I use adlo every once in a while to compensate for spikes but otherwise staggering bubble, pet regen+heal buff / damage reduction, excog(? eng), and along with fairy's channeling is usually enough as all I do is execute them off GCD. Seraphim is a decent oh shit button but I'm still busy pushing my AOE button.
    Wall to wall with a bad tank is a bit more annoying but not too bad honestly.

Healing wise, seems like SCH > WHM > AST in terms of pure throughput and versatility/mobility.
    Honestly speaking AST got screwed real hard as their card system just became... well, dumb, and the cooldown is way too long.
    Last edited by Remilia; 2019-07-10 at 07:29 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    Well obviously you can use it directly after a normal cast, that's not what "weaving" is though.
    EG: You can weave Tetragrammaton between 2 normal cast with only the minor animation delay.

With a lily it is cast -> instant -> GCD -> next cast.

- - - Updated - - -

So Fester spam would be pointless too.
    no like I know thats what weaving is, I'm saying being able to heal with a cure 2 and lily heal at the exact same time would be great, but you can't do that.

Quote Originally Posted by scarecrowz View Post
    Anyone know if Australian servers are ever going to be considered?

My friends and I have just started new characters last night after 8.2 has underwhelmed us.

I'm finding it irritating that AoE still hits me 2 seconds after I move out of the circle. I can't maximize my DPS if I have to stop casts and move.
    I've heard no talk of this at all, and the fact that we're classed as Europeans (IE: We're forced to pay in Euros, not Aussie Dollars..which really sucks ass, BTW) means it's (Probably) very unlikely.

The best it's to join a JP server(On Tonberry myself), but even then you'll still have lots of times of moving out of an AoE and dying anyway
    You must show no mercy, Nor have any belief whatsoever in how others judge you: For your greatness will silence them all!
    -Warrior Wisdom

Quote Originally Posted by Graeham II View Post

I'd say it honestly depends on what you want out of the game. Are you looking to get into high end content or just play casually? Some of the rotations look a lot more intimidating than they actually are but practice makes perfect and with time muscle memory tends to come into play. At the moment there's currently 17 combat jobs, so I'd like to think there's something to suit everybody at this point.

- - - Updated - - -
    Actually, my brain blerped and farted and come with a solution for 5 more keybinds for a total od 20 easy access one. Gonna test them on my samurai and see how it goes...

I mean yeah you'll get crap groups but I'd rather a crap group in Toto-rak than say Mt.Gulg. Especially when the difference in exp ain't that much.

Also lol I love dancers for all the wrong reasons. Nothing beats when you join an EX group and the dancer is the friend of another DPS. Then you go on to completely shit on that Dragoon.
    It was the SMN btw. You didn't guess, but I wanted to share.

Quote Originally Posted by Graeham II View Post
    Between Titania EX and Innocence EX which is best to start with?

As an aside, what's the mount drop this time around?
    Mount is a dragon, haven't seen one drop yet though. I did Titania cause weapon. Titania is less of a DPS check (it's a DPS check at sub 10% he goes into a fixed rotation before enrage so if you're struggling save LB3 for sub 10%).

Innocence is easier mechanics wise with only one really challenging part, and even then it's simple. It's a tighter DPS check though. With no deaths and average output you can eek out a win. Put grade 6 materia in your gear. You should have plenty of it and it has a 100% reclaim rate so no real excuse.

Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    Figures that you would read a Fred regarding healer DPS.
    Yeah I love Fred's.

I kid. I read a lot of posts lol. I just like to see what people are discussing. I just wish I could post back

my journey back to FF14 so far has been fun, went lancer this time (will go gunblade at 60) and just a made a new character since i never got past ARR anyways. level 37 currently just doing MSQ and some hunts/fates/DF so far. Currently it bets wow's rep grind for sure for me.
    Member: Dragon Flight Alpha Club, Member since 7/20/22

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dugna View Post
    no like I know thats what weaving is, I'm saying being able to heal with a cure 2 and lily heal at the exact same time would be great, but you can't do that.
    You can.
    I do it all the time.
    Just mash lily shortly before the cast of Cure II finishes.

- - - Updated - - -

I kid. I read a lot of posts lol. I just like to see what people are discussing. I just wish I could post back
    Us two posting in such a thread? Oh boy. Imagine that.

Helped 2 FC mates who've never done EX's get their Titania and Innocence clear, anyone else on Primal need em. Hit me up.
    I'm down. I'm on Dancer and will give you the buff =)

I wish I had a 15 min leveling dungeon. I just got out of a 45 minute stone vigil with 3 sprouts. I was healing. We wiped 4x. The tank was wearing level 1 accessories, gear about 10 levels too low and didn't use Grit until I asked him a third time, about 7 minutes in. I really should have kicked him, but you know I wanted to be nice, he was a sprout.
    Pretty typical experience for me in leveling dungeons. Not the majority of my runs, but this describes at least half of them. They're filled with sprouts and jerks who CBA to take it seriously and then shit on someone for their own failings.

Sprout or no, if I give advice and they proceed to ignore it and cause wipes, or even worse, back talk me for trying to help them. They're kicked ASAP. I'll help people who want to help themselves, if you're going to actively hinder my play time by being an asshole you can piss off.

Then I did one more back to back, got an 11 minute SV run, I barely did any DPS because the tank pulled insanely, but the DPS pulled their weigh so I didn't have too. One of my fav runs because healing was actually challenging. Didn't care that I avg'd like 30 DPS lol.
    This is the other half of my experience, where you get a group of veterans who know wtf they're doing and things just melt and go super smoothly.

Then I had a DD run where the SAM repeatedly spammed at me to stop DPSing and that my job is to heal. We wiped 2x. Once in transit to first boss because the tank was new and wouldn't tank near the crystals despite me explaining on 2 separate occasions. Then we wiped on the boss because he didn't tank the boss on the crystal and the MCH WHO IS RANGED wasn't standing on it despite me mentioning it yet a THIRD time. None of these wipes were healer oriented yet in pure classic nature the uneducated SAM is hounding me. I would have loved to have educated him, but I resorted to simply saying he's fine to every one of his responses.

PS. I out damaged him and healed that awful tank. At the end I had to say - GG TYFP - next time though SAM, less typing more buttons. It's embarrassing to get beat by an AST.
    This is usually tied to the same bad runs described above, though I see these very rarely.

I mean yeah you'll get crap groups but I'd rather a crap group in Toto-rak than say Mt.Gulg. Especially when the difference in exp ain't that much.

Also lol I love dancers for all the wrong reasons. Nothing beats when you join an EX group and the dancer is the friend of another DPS. Then you go on to completely shit on that Dragoon.
    Being a Dancer has really increased my desire to run ACT, I've been staying away from it for my sanity, but knowing who to give the buff to for the most benefit is difficult without it.

4 mans I usually just give it to the other DPS until they show they don't deserve it in which case I give it to the tank. In 8 mans I have no idea, so I typically do a cursory glance at which DPS has the highest HP and glance at gear as fast as I can and throw it on someone. I'll adjust as I see "performance" throughout, but most of the 8 man content I do is low level trials or normals that don't last that long or require pristine performance so I don't sweat it much. I mostly just make sure the person I give it to isn't dying/ dead...the benefit obviously doesn't help us if that's the case.

Quote Originally Posted by Aliven View Post
    Sooo...

I returned, bought the Shadowbringers and get back to finishing HV storyline and oppening Stormblood exp.
    Huge props for deisgning the new Machinist, it is smooth and blast to play.

Saying that i dunno if i want to continue playing or coming back to wow...
    I really, really like lore and universe themes (thornberies, chocobo ect) of FF but, there is one huge, hairy BUT

I hate bloating of skill on classes. I thought it will be pruned. It kinda was, to be perfectly honest and it is more accessible than ever, but it is still to much. For example, my Samurai would neet 20 designated keys to use most of abilities on kinda low cd in rotation. Im not adding all the cd ones, because the number or keys would go up to like 30 or something. I dont simply see how i can play without investing into some logitech g600. I dont want to btw :P

This is my grip and it was not yet fixed. Sure, i can play casually and not bother but i dont like gimping myself. Especially that i love the little intricacies of classes, mechanics, rotations, Samurai used before for example really evoke that "thinking swordmaster" fantasy only using the rotation But alas, they keybinds are just nasty. I play on PC on keyborad and mouse.

Sure, maybe there are classes which use less buttons (Red Mage for example, also like him) but again, im shoehorned into playing something which may or may not be the best for my style just because of shortcomings within the system.

Sad part is that i dont see any way out of this problem.

Soooo while i adore the game, maybe it was not designated for me
    I've heard people that have similar problems, there are a lot of buttons and I know I'd find it hard to play without my extra peripherals. People who don't want to spend the money on a MMO mouse usually say they switch to a PS4 controller and have no more issues, aside from the learning curve.

It was the SMN btw. You didn't guess, but I wanted to share.
    I would have guessed the Monk, lol.

Mount is a dragon, haven't seen one drop yet though. I did Titania cause weapon. Titania is less of a DPS check (it's a DPS check at sub 10% he goes into a fixed rotation before enrage so if you're struggling save LB3 for sub 10%).

Innocence is easier mechanics wise with only one really challenging part, and even then it's simple. It's a tighter DPS check though. With no deaths and average output you can eek out a win. Put grade 6 materia in your gear. You should have plenty of it and it has a 100% reclaim rate so no real excuse.
    Will probably first expansion I actively try to get the mounts, as I really like the dragon, and I'm betting the special mount for getting all of them will be pretty epic.

Yeah, I have tons of materia. Forgot about the 100% reclaim rate. How do you get them out of your gear?

Haven't had much play time the last few days so I just do my Expert roulette and do FATEs solo while in queue on one of my level 70 classes. Still trying to figure out which class is going to be my next to level. Likely going to be my AST. The tank I'm leveling is either going to be GNB or PLD, but I need to get my GNB to 70 before I jump into anything and I'm not really looking forward to leveling it because PotD and HoH are the most reliable and consistently available after roulettes and I'm so burned out on that crap.

Quote Originally Posted by Katchii View Post
    4 mans I usually just give it to the other DPS until they show they don't deserve it in which case I give it to the tank. In 8 mans I have no idea, so I typically do a cursory glance at which DPS has the highest HP and glance at gear as fast as I can and throw it on someone. I'll adjust as I see "performance" throughout, but most of the 8 man content I do is low level trials or normals that don't last that long or require pristine performance so I don't sweat it much. I mostly just make sure the person I give it to isn't dying/ dead...the benefit obviously doesn't help us if that's the case.
    Wouldn't the default be to give it to one of the melee dps? I think the specials affect other people near the partner as well, so you boost ranged/healers and your partner boosts the melee/tanks. I just started DNC though, and may not be recalling the tooltips correctly.

Quote Originally Posted by RohanV View Post
    Wouldn't the default be to give it to one of the melee dps? I think the specials affect other people near the partner as well, so you boost ranged/healers and your partner boosts the melee/tanks. I just started DNC though, and may not be recalling the tooltips correctly.
    The only thing that really matters on people being around them is the heal, and it's so pitiful it's not worth worrying about. Best off just finding the highest dps and keeping it on them.

Quote Originally Posted by RohanV View Post
    As a Dancer, when you perform the dance you only buff the damage of your partner. Your partner does not spread the damage buffs. The only thing your partner affects is the heal, which is pretty small, but can be just barely OK if you stack on them when you use it since it doubles up.

Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    The only thing that really matters on people being around them is the heal, and it's so pitiful it's not worth worrying about. Best off just finding the highest dps and keeping it on them.
    This. Which is my problem since I don't have or use ACT, so I'm stuck guessing who to put it on.

I successfully installed ACT a LONG time ago but almost instantly disabled it because it was hideous and took up too much screen real estate. I've tried setting it up a couple times lately and just simply CBA to spend the time necessary to make it work the way I want it to (or at all). I don't care THAT much about it as I am rarely in content where having the information would be anything but an FYI. If I ever make it into content where the buff matters THAT much, someone else in the group will for sure have it and I'll just ask them to tell me who should be buffed.

Being a Dancer has really increased my desire to run ACT, I've been staying away from it for my sanity, but knowing who to give the buff to for the most benefit is difficult without it.
    Situations like this are why I think there should be some form of DPS meter available for FF14. It's not just dancers who would benefit from it, Astrologians would too, so they know who to best play their cards on.

More commonly, healers in general would benefit from it too. If you've got to decide if you should save the Dragoon that's carrying your groups damage or the Black Mage who's dead weight you need the tools to know which one is doing the work. The same applies if you need to decide which DPS to res too - You can't make an informed decision without information to base it off.

@Remilia I've posted my thoughts on Scholar already over here. Like you, I'm really not impressed with it in the slightest. Not having offensive ways to spend Aetherflow really causes problems with the general flow of the Job.

The healing output is totally fine, more than fine most likely, but the job feels like a bit of a chore to play now. There are too many similar abilities and not enough unique or stand out ones amongst them.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cuafpr View Post
    my journey back to FF14 so far has been fun, went lancer this time (will go gunblade at 60) and just a made a new character since i never got past ARR anyways. level 37 currently just doing MSQ and some hunts/fates/DF so far. Currently it bets wow's rep grind for sure for me.
    Save the praise till you get past ARR content, even the players who love FF 14 agree that 2.1-2.5 is the make or break area.

I'm down. I'm on Dancer and will give you the buff =)

Yeah, I have tons of materia. Forgot about the 100% reclaim rate. How do you get them out of your gear?

I successfully installed ACT a LONG time ago but almost instantly disabled it because it was hideous and took up too much screen real estate. I've tried setting it up a couple times lately and just simply CBA to spend the time necessary to make it work the way I want it to (or at all).
    I got you. You can just right click on any gear that has materia in it and hit retrieve materia. I use the Kagerou overlay (seen in my screenshot before). I like it, simple and clean.

Quote Originally Posted by shadowmatrix View Post
    Save the praise till you get past ARR content, even the players who love FF 14 agree that 2.1-2.5 is the make or break area.
    interesting why is that? story goes south? I don't expect to love it all but i'm enjoying the slower paced combat (for now just got dragoon unlocked and a ton more skills in my future)
    Last edited by cuafpr; 2019-07-10 at 07:58 PM.
    Member: Dragon Flight Alpha Club, Member since 7/20/22

I'm so glad I saved all my cracked clusters at the end of SB. I think I have around 500 or so... I should sell some.

interesting why is that? story goes south? I don't expect to love it all but i'm enjoying the slower paced combat (for now just got dragoon unlocked and toon more kills in my future)
    The story itself is fine, it's the ridiculous busy work they make you do. There's TONS of literal "go over and talk to people now come back so I can tell you to go talk to other people" for a very long stretch.

If they could prune a lot of that and maintain the story beats there it would vastly improve the new player experience.

interesting why is that? story goes south? I don't expect to love it all but i'm enjoying the slower paced combat (for now just got dragoon unlocked and toon more kills in my future)
    It slows after climax and build foundations for things to come. Let me tell you, you gonna love ending of ARR and starting HV exp. One of the best if not the best transition.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament View Post
    The story itself is fine, it's the ridiculous busy work they make you do. There's TONS of literal "go over and talk to people now come back so I can tell you to go talk to other people" for a very long stretch.

If they could prune a lot of that and maintain the story beats there it would vastly improve the new player experience.
    To be honest if you dont skip the boxes you get pretty nice storyline and character building. Which lead to epic climax