10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    *chuckles*
    Guess again. this isn't WoW.
    Coil of Bahamut (ARR raids) will still wipe the floor with you if you dare to go in sync. Esp the later turns.
    Naturally, unsync they are ... well... lets just say you can ignore pretty much everything.

As for the primals: non extreme versions are about as difficult as dungeons. They're basically the same as non savage raids: spectator mode. Well almost but very close.
    Extreme primals are a wee bit more forgiving than savage raids but they contain key mechanics and tankbusters, both need to be observed ad properly handled.

Botom line: being able to play a tank and knowing your CDs only matters in
    - Ultimate raids
    - Savage raids
    - Extreme primals

In all other content, you using your CDs correctly is a boon to the healer, allowing her to do more DPS but it's not a requirement for clearing stuff. Merely holding aggro (a sneeze at the mob now and then is enough) is.
    Thanks again, are you calling me a WoW noob though!
    WoW wasn't my first mmo, AO was :P
    In all seriousness, i haven't found it that harder especially those things you can easily duty queue for what i think are on the same level of LFR.
    Obviously scaled content will be different, as for holding aggro it is rather easy if i don't forget to turn on my tank stance something that is a bit of annoying mechanic i am glad they removed in WoW a while ago.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Acidbaron View Post
    Thanks again, are you calling me a WoW noob though!
    WoW wasn't my first mmo, AO was :P
    In all seriousness, i haven't found it that harder especially those things you can easily duty queue for what i think are on the same level of LFR.
    Obviously scaled content will be different, as for holding aggro it is rather easy if i don't forget to turn on my tank stance something that is a bit of annoying mechanic i am glad they removed in WoW a while ago.
    Where did I call you a noob? I merely stated, that old raids here are not comparable to old raids of WoW.
    Many of them are not soloable even 30 levels after because of mechanical instagibs.

Duty finder is pretty much LFR level, aye.
    Yeah tank stance is annoying but necessary b/c it's what they use as aggro multiplicator. W/o it, offtanks could not DPS properly.
    I sometimes forget it myself, no biggie. Most mobs hit like wet noodles anyway.

10+ Year Old Account
    Where did I call you a noob? I merely stated, that old raids here are not comparable to old raids of WoW.
    Many of them are not soloable even 30 levels after because of mechanical instagibs.

Duty finder is pretty much LFR level, aye.
    Yeah tank stance is annoying but necessary b/c it's what they use as aggro multiplicator. W/o it, offtanks could not DPS properly.
    I sometimes forget it myself, no biggie. Most mobs hit like wet noodles anyway.
    Was merely joking about the noob part, Well most things to do scale and raids have been adjusted in WoW so they could be soloed that never happened here, probably also a difference in power increase over the years.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Acidbaron View Post
    raids have been adjusted in WoW so they could be soloed
    Yup, sadly, soloing stuff doesn't seem to be a priority for SE.

Power difference between expansions feels similar like it was in WoW. A raid 10 levels past is still dangerous, normal mechanics can be deadly, so soloability is limited.
    A raid 20 levels past is easily soloable if not for the "Hah! You are alone, so I black screen you to death" mechanics.

Edit 09.05.2020:

Wohoo, I finally managed to complete Eureka Pagos. Got the White Mage Amputee on a stick.
    Last edited by Granyala; 2020-05-09 at 11:23 AM.

So we got past the add phase at Shiva and the cutscene is an underage girl undressed. Classy, SE.
    They always told me I would miss my family... but I never miss from close range.

Quote Originally Posted by Justpassing View Post
    So we got past the add phase at Shiva and the cutscene is an underage girl undressed. Classy, SE.
    at least the music is god tier

Quote Originally Posted by Nasuuna View Post
    at least the music is god tier
    Well you've it put it as "at least" and not "also", so I like you. Really, whose idea was this? I feel like I'm on a list somewhere.
    They always told me I would miss my family... but I never miss from close range.

Well you've it put it as "at least" and not "also", so I like you. Really, whose idea was this? I feel like I'm on a list somewhere.
    half the fun of the fight is the jokes about it

10+ Year Old Account

Really, whose idea was this? I feel like I'm on a list somewhere.
    Seriously now? People are making a fuss about seeing a bit of leg and shoulder of an ANIMATED female character, heavily censored by an impenetrable spell glow, cuddling an ANIMATED dragon?
    Get a grip on reality, this is embarrassing.

Seriously now? People are making a fuss about seeing a bit of leg and shoulder of an ANIMATED female character, heavily censored by an impenetrable spell glow, cuddling an ANIMATED dragon?
    I dunno man, if you like irrelevantly and overly-sexualised underage girls more power to you - oh yeah, they are ANIMATED afterall aren't they! But yeah I'm not gonna argue, you do you.

Man if only Nyalotha didn't suck so much

10+ Year Old Account
    I dunno man, if you like irrelevantly and overly-sexualised underage girls more power to you - oh yeah, they are ANIMATED afterall aren't they!
    1.You do realize that her body did get transformed, yes? She no longer is a girl.

2.Also, keep in mind that this is not a real person in the game world. What you are seeing is a FALSE MEMORY created by Eden (clearly a pervy robot that is).
    So even in the game world: nothing happened to actual Ryne.

As for sexualizing female characters: I've seen other WoL do worse. It's an asian game directed at pubescent teenagers. Sexualization of female (and to a lesser degree male) characters is to be expected.
    Personally, I don't care either way. The Dragon cuddling would have been a lovely sight with or without clothing on Shiva's part. Because it's the dragon that's important here, not the girl. :P

I think she looks great

The one where she wears the dragon. That looks great. Not the one where she transitions into skin tight spandex. That looked tacky. Skintight spandex needs to die in a fire.

Man if only Nyalotha didn't suck so much
    To be honest, I thought Ny'alotha was alright. They've tried new things with some of the bosses, some of that has worked, some hasn't. It's certainly not the worst raid Blizzard have ever made, though it's not the best either. I suppose it would depend on the difficulty too though, Shad'har for instance is very basic on anything below Mythic.

N'zoth was a bit of a let down for a boss that's been hyped up over the whole expansion.

But being done with Ny'alotha has given me time to jump back into FF14. I figured I'd get my arse in gear and give raiding a go. Still working on getting the gear and such, but I've got lots more time than usual due to lockdown. I was just going to jump straight into it and see how it went, until I realised that I've not got any of them unlocked yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post
    Skintight spandex needs to die in a fire.
    Fixed that for you!

Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post
    I think she looks great

The one where she wears the dragon. That looks great. Not the one where she transitions into skin tight spandex. That looked tacky. Skintight spandex needs to die in a fire.
    If that happened half the Mi'qote in the game would be naked.

sooooo, I have g-shade and I use it to edit lighting, the censorship is literally just points of light.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by StrawberryZebra View Post

But being done with Ny'alotha has given me time to jump back into FF14. I figured I'd get my arse in gear and give raiding a go. Still working on getting the gear and such, but I've got lots more time than usual due to lockdown. I was just going to jump straight into it and see how it went, until I realised that I've not got any of them unlocked yet.
    I wish I could give raiding a go, but I just can't do it without weakauras. It's too useful and I hate staring at my icons and action bars all the time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nasuuna View Post
    sooooo, I have g-shade and I use it to edit lighting, the censorship is literally just points of light.
    I use re-shade too. Though mine makes lighting more intense.
    I bet even if you manage to eliminate the glow, the model would not be anatomically correct anyway. Nothing to see under there.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Advent View Post
    I wish I could give raiding a go, but I just can't do it without weakauras. It's too useful and I hate staring at my icons and action bars all the time.
    Yop, it's definitely a pain at times. Esp not having proper DoT timers. Ugh.

I use re-shade too. Though mine makes lighting more intense.
    I bet even if you manage to eliminate the glow, the model would not be anatomically correct anyway. Nothing to see under there.

- - - Updated - - -

Yop, it's definitely a pain at times. Esp not having proper DoT timers. Ugh.
    can confirm thats how it is

Quote Originally Posted by Advent View Post
    You can edit your UI positions to be similar to that of of weakauras

Epic!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Your kind will never change, and I will never stop fighting you.
    I dunno man, if you like irrelevantly and overly-sexualised underage girls more power to you
    Eh I don't care for it when context is appropriate. Having her get involved to such a degree in the summoning was stupid but everything that happened after it made sense, specially the form you are complaining about that is meant to embody the eternal bond between two lovers.

Now if that little girl is causing you feel some emotions besides the artistic representation the fight is aiming to achieve then... maybe you are the one with the problem.
    "I have the most loyal fanboys. Did you ever see that? Where I could stand by Thoradin's Wall and massacre my own people and I wouldn't lose any fanboys. It's like incredible." - Sylvanas Windrunner

"If you kill your enemies, they win." - Anduin Wrynn

10+ Year Old Account
    Not necessarily 14, but related nonetheless. Been trying out FF11 lately. Honestly it's an interesting game. Really brings me back to my days of playing RuneScape in 2003. The Dragoon questline was honestly like super epic at times and kinda sad at others. I was surprised at how much I enjoyed it. Also can we please have Wyvern pets for Dragoons in FFXIV?

I definitely don't think it would be for everyone who plays 14 since it is an old school MMO (I mean shit it predates even WoW), but I think there's a lot to like if you can get past the lack of direction and QoL features. The 18th anniversary is happening right now and the complete edition is like 10 bucks if anyone wants to try it out.
    Last edited by Poppincaps; 2020-05-18 at 04:57 PM.