Quote Originally Posted by Leyre View Post
    Question: Im playing the trial right now, compared to the trial version, what extra stuff do i get from buying the full game? i saw a mount that i fucking fell i love with and im wondering if it will be possible to get it as a trial https://finalfantasy.fandom.com/wiki...al_Fantasy_XIV
    No, you can't get that mount anymore. It was from a limited time event.

Quote Originally Posted by zorkuus View Post
    D:! fuck, guess im not buying anything then lulz

Quote Originally Posted by zorkuus View Post
    Actually, the event is coming back sometime before Endwalkers. September or so. https://twitter.com/FF_XIV_EN/status...53205150949381

Quote Originally Posted by Leyre View Post
    Question: Im playing the trial right now, compared to the trial version, what extra stuff do i get from buying the full game? i saw a mount that i fucking fell i love with and im wondering if it will be possible to get it as a trial https://finalfantasy.fandom.com/wiki...al_Fantasy_XIV
    I don't think you get any extra stuff, besides being able to use all social features without restrictions and having access to Stormblood and Shadowbringers. Unless you get he collectors editions, ofcourse.
    But the event for the mount will come back

Quote Originally Posted by RohanV View Post
    Actually, the event is coming back sometime before Endwalkers. September or so. https://twitter.com/FF_XIV_EN/status...53205150949381
    But does that guarantee that the rewards will be the same?

Quote Originally Posted by RampageBW1 View Post
    Why have the event if you're going to change the rewards?

15+ Year Old Account
    the only cross over event that had rewards change is Yo-kai, which was just adding weapons for sam/rdm/dnc/gnb and the extra mount for collecting everything. very unlikely that ff15's event will change.

Yes, as part of the Fan Fest this weekend they specifically talked about the car coming back as a reward.

The only reason I asked was because I noticed that some events change their rewards up? But I do guess it's pointless, since the pic of the event features the Regalia. So my bad. I guess my next question is, what did one have to do to get the mount the last time?

10+ Year Old Account
    The only reason I asked was because I noticed that some events change their rewards up? But I do guess it's pointless, since the pic of the event features the Regalia. So my bad. I guess my next question is, what did one have to do to get the mount the last time?
    Complete the quest chain associated with the event.

Quote Originally Posted by Monkeymootwo View Post
    You needed to earn MGP at the Gold Saucer. I don't remember how much it was though. I think you needed to do the questline as well but I'm not 100% on that.
    I think you needed 200k MGP, which you could farm in a few hours sitting at the gold saucer with FFXIV windowed, only alt+tabbing back in when a GATE happens every 20 minutes.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post
    I think you needed 200k MGP, which you could farm in a few hours sitting at the gold saucer with FFXIV windowed, only alt+tabbing back in when a GATE happens every 20 minutes.
    Or can just be lazy and do 4 weeks of fashion report, getting 80pts. Even less with make it rain, which will happen before the ffxv rerun

I started FFXIV the just before the FF15 event started, and missed out on the Car because I was a stupid sprout that didn't know anything. I've lamented it ever since. Was even more dismayed a year later when it didn't end up on the mogstation as everyone assured me it would. To hear that they're bringing it back made me SO HAPPY.

Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post
    200k in a few hours doing GATEs? Are you sure on the math on that? You're looking at a gate three times an hour. Sometimes they award 3k but 4k seems to be the most typical. You can get more at Yojimbo if you're really really REALLY good AND lucky, but those are outliers for sprouts. If we say 4k average three times an hour that's 12k an hour. Devided by 200k, that's more than just a few hours.

I say just do the fashion report. Put this on favorites https://twitter.com/KaiyokoStar
    60k for five-ten mins of effort most of the time. As the vent isn't until September, it is all but assured one will find four easy weeks of glamour requirements inbetween now and then.

Holiday events change their reward every year. Previous year's rewards often go to the cash shop, but sometimes can be bought for currency next time the holiday comes back.

Cross-over events generally stay the same if they come back.

Quote Originally Posted by Monkeymootwo View Post
    You needed to earn MGP at the Gold Saucer. I don't remember how much it was though. I think you needed to do the questline as well but I'm not 100% on that.
    Ugh, but there's enough time between now and then, so I shouldn't have problems coming up with the MGP. Especially if I spend some irregular tomestones on MGP vouchers during this moogle event.

I only say 'ugh' because, while the Gold Saucer can be fun, I just forget that it exists sometimes. lol

In short, just complete the quest chain associated with the event, which took less than an hour IIRC. It's not lengthy, and very straight forward.

Ugh, but there's enough time between now and then, so I shouldn't have problems coming up with the MGP. Especially if I spend some irregular tomestones on MGP vouchers during this moogle event.

I only say 'ugh' because, while the Gold Saucer can be fun, I just forget that it exists sometimes. lol
    Make sure you do mini cactpot every day. If you're lucky you can get 10k 3 times in a row.

Forgot about the MGP portion.

It doesn't take long, though. Challenge log can get you a LOT of MGP, as can the Cactpot and Mini-Cactpot, just for doing stuff in Gold Saucer that you're already going to be doing to earn MGP anyway. Coupled with the Fashion Report, you can earn 200k MGP with very minimal work in just a few days.

If you're going to farm it, then yeah it will take several hours, but doing it that way is completely unnecessary IMO.

Expert queue is going to be SUCH A DRAG for the next 6 months. 6 more months of just Matoya and Paglthan? And Pagl is NO Ghimlyt Dark. Square seriously needs to do what WoW does and re-tune older dungeons for current ilevel for there top roulette. Level 70-79 dungeons with a quick balancing pass for 510 item level would do much to keep Expert fresh.
    I haven't seen those Shadowbringer dungeons in forever... So much wasted development time to be reduced to one and done leveling experiences.