Quote Originally Posted by justandulas View Post
    It's vague tbh, and you could argue it either way. Especially since the comment in question is such a toxic comment, it legit could be either/or.

While i don't doubt it since blizz has a habit of this, this tweet could legit just be him calling @xylariavg an asshole for obvious reasons. Then again, maybe not since blizz has a habit of this and doesn't really like asmongold as much as they do someone like preach, or talieson.
    Knowing blizzards PR I highly doubt it. They are literally repeatedly shooting themselves on the foot with this.

Quote Originally Posted by justandulas View Post
    While i don't doubt it because the WoW employee's have made insulting and condescending remarks towards the community more times than i can remember, but is it possible he's calling that person an asshole for trying to run asmongold off like that? I could read that tweet both ways. Yea, he could be calling as an asshole but he could easily be calling @Xylariavg the asshole because that IS an asshole comment
    Is it really asshole behavior to tell people to make sure to report it when someone breaks the rules? Certainly they're prejudging him by saying "his kind of hatred and rudeness is not welcome" and it's a dick thing to say before actually seeing it in-game for themselves, but wanting to make sure someone gets reported when they break the rules instead of just letting it fly isn't really asshole behavior. Also for the blind: since that Xy person has their gender pronouns listed in their profile (she/her/they/them), one would think that Adam saying 'that guy' would definitely be referring to Asmon, instead of the person who has it spelled out that they're not 'that guy'...
    Last edited by Kittahsmash; 2021-07-04 at 02:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    That Asmongold thing was a shitshow for no reason of his doing.
    It was, partly. He could've just chosen not to stream it and play privately. He 100% knew what he was getting into. I mean, he does make money out of this...

Quote Originally Posted by Kittahsmash View Post
    Is it really asshole behavior to tell people to make sure to report it when someone breaks the rules? Certainly they're prejudging him by saying "his kind of hatred and rudeness is not welcome" and it's a dick thing to say before actually seeing it in-game for themselves, but wanting to make sure someone gets reported when they break the rules instead of just letting it fly isn't really asshole behavior. Also for the blind: since that Xy person has their gender pronouns listed in their profile (she/her/they/them), one would think that Adam saying 'that guy' would definitely be referring to Asmon, instead of the person who has it spelled out that they're not 'that guy'...
    a good catch, and one i didn't notice tbh. And yes, they are pre-judging him and harrassing him which is worse than anything he's doing or saying IMO. Let the man play, and if he breaks the rules in game that's fine but they are trying to hunt him and report him for nothing, or for chatter outside the game on stream that he isn't in charge of (the worst of his fans).

but yea, that is a good catch and def proves he's talking about Asmongold. Which i said i wouldn't doubt it because blizzard employee's have actively been attacking their fans online for years now.

Quote Originally Posted by Kittahsmash View Post
    It is asshole behavior because:

1.) They are assuming he will break the rules when literally he does not do that. They also use the word hatred which normally referrs to hateful acts like racism/sexist etc which he also does not do. There is an argument to be made for rudeness but honestly anyone who has watched videos of him as himself instead of his streamer persona knows that the face he puts on during stream is just an act and a tremendous overexaggeration of his actual character so he can be more entertaining. Its not everyones cup of tea and thats totally fine.

2.) Based on the above assumption, a person who I would expect to be all about acceptance and tolerance is literally gatekeeping and advocating to ostracize and police a streamer based on the mere ASSUMPTION that he will break the rules. The stream was fun and the only ones who were assholes were some of the players that were following him like monkeys and killing his quest mobs.

While the "asshole" tweet from Blizzard employee is bad -- Asmongold historically has had his own toxicity issues in the past. Lets not forget the "spit on store mounts", the Project 60 disrupting RP servers, the forum callouts on stream, etc. It makes sense why Blizzard might view him that way, but its kind of irresponsible to tweet that out.

Also people on Reddit comparing this to the Riot Sanjuro thing with Tyler1 are braindead. Calling someone an asshole isnt the same thing as "he [tyler1] looks like a damn humunculous" and "honestly.. its fine he'll die from a coke overdose or testicular cancer from all the steroids.. then we'll be gucci"

Quote Originally Posted by TidalConflux View Post
    While the "asshole" tweet from Blizzard employee is bad -- Asmongold historically has had his own toxicity issues in the past. Lets not forget the "spit on store mounts", the Project 60 disrupting RP servers, the forum callouts on stream, etc. It makes sense why Blizzard might view him that way, but its kind of irresponsible to tweet that out.

Also people on Reddit comparing this to the Riot Sanjuro thing with Tyler1 are braindead. Calling someone an asshole isnt the same thing as "he [tyler1] looks like a damn humunculous" and "honestly.. its fine he'll die from a coke overdose or testicular cancer from all the steroids.. then we'll be gucci"
    I agree. There is no comparisson to be made here. The tweet from blizzard is stupid PR but its not comparable

Quote Originally Posted by Wangming View Post
    Predictably his followers clogged Cactuar, keep obscuring his screen and killing mobs he tags. I know it is his fault, but i can't help feeling a bit sorry for him.
    Yeah I was really disappointed how the community acted here. It was incredibly hypocritical and disgusting of the community. And anyone who thinks it's Asmons community, not FF14, it was people with MSQ, raid, and even rarer mounts. Not people on new trial accounts.

Quote Originally Posted by Wrecktangle View Post
    Yeah I was really disappointed how the community acted here. It was incredibly hypocritical and disgusting of the community. And anyone who thinks it's Asmons community, not FF14, it was people with MSQ, raid, and even rarer mounts. Not people on new trial accounts.
    How do you know some of his fans don't play FF?

5+ Year Old Account
    Asmongold don't represent a company, matters far less his behavior, also its part of his character to be a rascal, don't make such a big deal out of it.

Asmon just said on twitch, seconds ago, "they are right, I am an asshole. I would be less of an asshole if they did their jobs"
    Last edited by Ihavewaffles; 2021-07-04 at 03:24 PM.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    It's both, an MMO streamer as big as Asmongold is inevitably going to have plenty of viewers who do in fact play FFXIV. I also don't doubt at least some of them were bad apples from the FFXIV community who think they're "keeping the toxic WoW players away".

Anyway it happens with any MMO he plays so it's kind of funny seeing people point at this and blame FFXIV specifically.

Quote Originally Posted by Cattleya View Post
    It's both, an MMO streamer as big as Asmongold is inevitably going to have plenty of viewers who do in fact play FFXIV. I also don't doubt at least some of them were bad apples from the FFXIV community who think they're "keeping the toxic WoW players away".

Anyway it happens with any MMO he plays so it's kind of funny seeing people point at this and blame FFXIV specifically.
    Its more the fact he was just playing ARR, questing in Limsma, doing the novice hall, playing the game and not being an asshole in any way. It was the twitter crowd treating XIV like part of their #foreverculturewar being the very thing they thought they were gatekeeping. Because its okay when they do it apparently. As someone who played XIV since the start it was embarrassing and those people should get lost, not somebody playing the game like a normal human being.

If the community is going to pick and choose who shouldn't be let in, that Xylaria person should be at the top of the list. I'm not a follower of Asmon by any stretch of the imagination, but her tweet does the community no favors. I'm guessing they got enough push back since their tweets are protected now.

Quote Originally Posted by wMw View Post
    WoW employee calling Asmongold an asshole for trying FF XIV

FF employee comes to stream and gift 200 subs in chat, his PC got laggy of all the notifications in chat.

Think about it
    I like the Reddit comment about her: "226k tweets JESUS"

Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    That's the thing, XIV people - like any MMO people I guess - can be enormous zealots. I think XIV may attract a few more of them than usual, though.

I saw a new player the other day complain that they felt like people were constantly trying to "covert" them and asking why couldn't they just let people enjoy games they wanted to enjoy without all the judgment.

It's really disappointing. There are elements of the community that can be extremely cultish at times.
    Its hypocritical as fuck. You cannot say "yo that poisonous, knee jerk toxicity that flies in WoW doesn't fly here" then react like a douchebag in nuclear meltdown because someone did leave that shit in WoW while playing XIV. He didn't behave any different in game than any of us who dropped WoW around Warlords for ARR did. All it did was highlight people i would not want in my FC and their names werent Asmongold.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Clozer View Post
    The definition of someone who needs to "Touch some grass"

someone had said the game is free to play, on steam it seems to not be the case? - - is it free to play only in old expansions and you can get to max level and when the new expansion comes out you have to buy the expansion and pay monthly to continue?

also somewhat overwhelmed with how much is going on with the map, does the game make it clear which quests are side quests vs which quests are main story?

also somewhat overwhelmed with the 3 rows of 10x abilities, are hot keys easy enough to set up, is the game intuitive/fluid enough that knowing what to press next is fairly obvious as your advancing towards max level?

thanks everyone
    "We will not compromise our standards to release a title before it is ready."
    WoW T.W.O ( The Wars Over )

5+ Year Old Account
    You think there is no overlap?

Let me enlighten you as a fat, glasses wearing person with a speach problem. Bullies can be completely reasonable when they are alone. When they don't have their fellow bullies and a receptive audience around. I can totally believe that a lot of them enjoy the game just scream weeb shit on twitch chat to get internet tough guy points, and devolve from reasonable people to baboons as soon as it is time to hang out with Asmon.

Saying: This was the FFXIV community is just as hypocritical, my dude. Especially cause this happens every time Asmon plays any MMO from WoW, to ESO, to FFXIV. And it somehow didn't happen to Pyromancer, Jesse, Taliesin, Evitel or Bellular. Makes you think, huh?

Personally I think the crowd was a mix of regular dumb Asmon fans, and FFXIV fans who think this is somehow making the game less toxic (jokes on them, Asmon had fun and he was less toxic than the so called defenders), with neither of these groups representing the whole. Anyone who says otherwise is just pushing an agenda.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gravity2015 View Post
    someone had said the game is free to play, on steam it seems to not be the case? - - is it free to play only in old expansions and you can get to max level and when the new expansion comes out you have to buy the expansion and pay monthly to continue?

also somewhat overwhelmed with how much is going on with the map, does the game make it clear which quests are side quests vs which quests are main story?

also somewhat overwhelmed with the 3 rows of 10x abilities, are hot keys easy enough to set up, is the game intuitive/fluid enough that knowing what to press next is fairly obvious as your advancing towards max level?

thanks everyone
    its free up till the end of the first expansion then you have to P2P.

Sig by Elyssia "When you do things right people won't be sure you've done anything at all"

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gravity2015 View Post

thanks everyone
    I don't want to just spew the meme, but the free trial includes the base game and the first expansion. What to pay attention for is that the game was relaunched, so 2.0 is the base game. Trial ends with 3.55

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Clozer View Post
    I missed that. Can you link it please?