Re: EW Trailer

Emet narrating, Amaurot, Convocation, WoL clutching the Azem crystal, Fandaniel wanting to bring back their world after all, and a group storming what looks like the Hydaelyn crystal. They're getting my hopes up with this trailer.
    "We must now recognize that the greatest threat of freedom for us all is if we go back to eating ourselves out from within." - John Anderson

Quote Originally Posted by Lane View Post
    Re: EW Trailer

Emet narrating, Amaurot, Convocation, WoL clutching the Azem crystal, Fandaniel wanting to bring back their world after all, and a group storming what looks like the Hydaelyn crystal. They're getting my hopes up with this trailer.
    I almost regret watching it, as I almost feel being spoilered by some of those scenes. I gotta check if the JP version has subtitles though, because I play with jp audio (I just love the overly dramatic delivery) and I simply don't recognize most of the VA in the english trailers.
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Aggressive View Post
    I agree. I am glad they pushed it back. Gives Blizzard time to think they are really doing something by releasing all that stale and old shit that they have planned to release.

- - - Updated - - -

I get it you are a WoW fanboy, but try not to ask that question again. Do your research, and use Google. I know you want to try and paint a pretty picture of Blizzard, which they would love since they are now a bunch of undercover ass grabbers, but it won't help at all.

Blizzard is the king of Delays. Through out WoW history they have delayed so much shit by weeks just to release it; Patches & Expansion releases. Sorry but they do delay things. It is their thing. Always has been.
    Except they don't, not releasing when you expect it to release isn't a delay. And I'm not a fanboy, to I'm not even subbed atm, we quit months ago because SL is trash

Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    Except they don't, not releasing when you expect it to release isn't a delay. And I'm not a fanboy, to I'm not even subbed atm, we quit months ago because SL is trash
    When they give it a date of release and then push it back for whatever reason, Then yes that is a delay. Sorry. I played wow for 17 years. Blizzard is ridiculously known for their delays. I, as well, left Boringlands about 6 months ago. I agree on the trash statement. Now Playing FF and loving every bit of it. Just watching from the sideline to see if Blizzard gets their shit together.
    Be careful who you chat it up with here on these forums. If you are NOT for WoW and about WoW, people will report whatever you say and get you banned

When they give it a date of release and then push it back for whatever reason, Then yes that is a delay. Sorry. I played wow for 17 years. Blizzard is ridiculously known for their delays. I, as well, left Boringlands about 6 months ago. I agree on the trash statement. Now Playing FF and loving every bit of it. Just watching from the sideline to see if Blizzard gets their shit together.
    Which they rarely do, they usually don't even give a launch date for a patch until the week before. You can even Google it, only thing mentioned is sl and tbc

? Blizzard is known for their delays??? actually confused... ff14 has had more delays in the last 2 years than wow has had in 17.

If the trailer is any indication, we finally know what Amarautines look like beneath the mask. =)

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu 2020 View Post
    That screenshot looks like it was taken on my 10 year old laptop at the lowest graphic settings. In fact I know it is. The draw distance is trash compared to mine, the resolution is garbage compared to mine, etc.

Perhaps stop playing on settings that are lower than the lowest settings? Or upgrade your PC?
    That screenshot is taken in maxed out 1080p. You're tripping and seething.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Xilurm View Post
    You do realize how stupid this sounds, right? I mean seriously, you have to.

Gaming is a hobby.

So you're saying you'd rather slave away for 8 hours a day, 5 days a week, than take some days off for your hobby that makes you happy?

No wonder people are ok with doing this for 40 years till they get to 60, then wait till they die from shitty old age disease lmao.
    I don't know how you got that from what I said. You need to improve your reading comprehension. It was just one line of text, it shouldn't cause you difficulty.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by NineSpine View Post
    The fact that you are trying to counter a point about animation by showing me a still frame demonstrates why you shouldn’t be taken seriously.
    The animation was your goalpost to move. I'm showing you how laughably bad characters look ingame

The only thing that I think WoW has over FFXIV in terms of character models is that it has a more interesting and broader range of playable races, each with their own unique starting areas and established lore. Of course, with Blizzard having since taken a huge dump on large aspects of that self-same lore...well, that erodes away much of the benefit in my opinion.

FFXIV could certainly do with more attention in regards to character customisation, but the current options aren't without redeeming qualities. They fit the style of the game world well enough. Gear - especially that added in recent expansions - is also much more detailed and not 'stuck onto' the character models.

My main complaint is that we're in need of more masculine/normal looking hairstyles designed with male characters in mind first and foremost.

Quote Originally Posted by starstationprofm View Post

I don't know how you got that from what I said. You need to improve your reading comprehension. It was just one line of text, it shouldn't cause you difficulty.
    I don't really give a fuck if that's what you meant or not. That's how you come across with your 20th century "cAnT bElIeVe YoU tOoK a DaY oFf FoR a ViDyA gAmE" mentality.

Quote Originally Posted by Graeham View Post
    The only thing that I think WoW has over FFXIV in terms of character models is that it has a more interesting and broader range of playable races, each with their own unique starting areas and established lore. Of course, with Blizzard having since taken a huge dump on large aspects of that self-same lore...well, that erodes away much of the benefit in my opinion.

FFXIV could certainly do with more attention in regards to character customisation, but the current options aren't without redeeming qualities. They fit the style of the game world well enough. Gear - especially that added in recent expansions - is also much more detailed and not 'stuck onto' the character models.

My main complaint is that we're in need of more masculine/normal looking hairstyles designed with male characters in mind first and foremost.
    They can give us fake big beards on females, but not real big beards at character creation

I don't really give a fuck i.
    Then why are you replying to me? Save us both the time and me the neurons.

Quote Originally Posted by Tenjen View Post
    He looks so defeated. Someone give that man a hug.

Yoshi P was sincerely regretful of having to announce the delay, it looks like whatever solution they had didnt pan out soon enough like they thought it would. Dude had tears man, he understood the plight players who had taken leave (such as myself) would be in and was sincerely disapointed it would come to this.

I recomend anything feeling miffed to watch the video of him apologizing for it. Dude did not take it well and definately did all he could to avoid it.

Quote Originally Posted by Thestrawman View Post
    They're reducing gil earned from crafting leves because of coffee biscuits. Lol.
    actually its because of the new stuff being brought in, they want people doing that rather than old stuff. Plus it IS imbalancing the economy.
    Last edited by Tenjen; 2021-11-06 at 04:06 PM.

Then why are you replying to me? Save us both the time and me the neurons.
    Because you're the one who demeaned someone for taking a vacation to play video games. Do you have short term memory loss or something?

Because you're the one who demeaned someone for taking a vacation to play video games. Do you have short term memory loss or something?
    I didn't demean you, I said you should stop doing it. Games get delayed all the time.

The animation was your goalpost to move. I'm showing you how laughably bad characters look ingame
    It's not a goalpost shift to consider animation in how a video game looks. What you want to do is hyper focus on the texture quality of faces, while I want to look at the games as a whole. That's the difference here.

When one person throws a fit when we move off their little pet issue, and the other person wants to consider many factors, it is really easy to tell which side is interested in an honest analysis.
    "stop puting you idiotic liberal words into my mouth"
    -ynnady

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Graeham View Post

This is what I was thinking. The only thing WoW really has over FF in terms of character customization is a multitude of races and sub races. Even though there maybe be a few more faces, I remember that the vast majority of people used maybe 2 of the faces as they were the only cute/pretty/handsome looking ones. Then there were the ugly, the wrinkled, the angry, the derpy, etc.

Other than that the extremely limited number of hair styles and hair colors meant it was pretty common to come across your doppleganger in game, since there was a high probability that anyone using your same hair color and style would also be using your face as well.

I mean ffs, WoW has like 6 skin color options per race. FF has an entire gradient scale that differs based on which sub race you are.

Also in regards to the news,

Lore conscious meme is top tier.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by NineSpine View Post
    It's not a goalpost shift to consider animation in how a video game looks. What you want to do is hyper focus on the texture quality of faces, while I want to look at the games as a whole. That's the difference here.

When one person throws a fit when we move off their little pet issue, and the other person wants to consider many factors, it is really easy to tell which side is interested in an honest analysis.
    Not to mention, look at the resolution and graphic settings on the "Example" as to why he thinks characters look like potatoes. I use two machines to play FFXIV. An old laptop from back when I was still in college that can barely run the game at 15 FPS on the lowest settings, and my tricked out monster gaming PC that runs it on high to ultra (no ultra shadows).

The screenshot VERY OBVIOUSLY is using a 720 or worse resolution (look at the pixels on those trees) and the worst graphic settings. Plus the draw distance is like 30 meters. Dude either has a potato PC or he cranked his graphic settings all the way down just to make a dishonest point.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

I didn't demean you, I said you should stop doing it. Games get delayed all the time.
    I mean, I've done it for over 15 years, recently has been the only issues.

It would just be nice to get a little over 2-3 weeks notice so most people can change their PTO

I agree. I am glad they pushed it back. Gives Blizzard time to think they are really doing something by releasing all that stale and old shit that they have planned to release.

- - - Updated - - -

I get it you are a WoW fanboy, but try not to ask that question again. Do your research, and use Google. I know you want to try and paint a pretty picture of Blizzard, which they would love since they are now a bunch of undercover ass grabbers, but it won't help at all.

Blizzard is the king of Delays. Through out WoW history they have delayed so much shit by weeks just to release it; Patches & Expansion releases. Sorry but they do delay things. It is their thing. Always has been.
    Thats cute, the goy thinks square shitnix isnt a bunch of rapists aswell.
    There are plenty of known cases of both male and female employees, being harassed in both western and JP square offices.

Also, i didnt understand what people mean by "ff14 players are zealots/cultists until i saw this ninespines guy. Big yikes, psychopath in the making.

Also loving all the gullible fuckheads here thinking those tears are real. The dude's main trick is to cry or have sob stories to excuse his incompetence. Yoshita, why does ShB have much less content than other expacs? "starts sobbing, and making excuses about how one guy on the sound team had cancer"

Yeah ok, that emotional manipulation doesnt work on me, but it probably does on the feebleminded FF14 playerbase.
    Last edited by Muskrat; 2021-11-06 at 05:44 PM.