Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    Man i am such an idiot. I never got BLU beyond 52 because farming fates in Sea of Clouds was taking so long only to on a whim waiting for friends try it and on a random mob get 68,000xp instead of like 300xp from a fate mob and remember fate xp gains are dogshit for blue mage.

So i got from 52-60 in about 40 minutes

Ten levels left to cap that tomorrow and i'm really running out of things to do. Its sightseeing and big fishing left at this point.
    I had a similar issue and put it off way too long. When I looked up a guide out of boredom that mentioned getting choco meteor after lvl 50 (instead of using the cactus needle spell) it became a blast again. I also figured out that getting the ram's voice isn't as much of a pain as I thought and that I can do it solo at lvl 50. Still missing all the carneval stuff though and some raid spells (only have Ifrit's ). In EW I really need to stick with it more, as it's great for farming old stuff (especially HW FATEs, sorry to all the sprouts ).
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Felis igneus View Post
    I had a similar issue and put it off way too long. When I looked up a guide out of boredom that mentioned getting choco meteor after lvl 50 (instead of using the cactus needle spell) it became a blast again. I also figured out that getting the ram's voice isn't as much of a pain as I thought and that I can do it solo at lvl 50. Still missing all the carneval stuff though and some raid spells (only have Ifrit's ). In EW I really need to stick with it more, as it's great for farming old stuff (especially HW FATEs, sorry to all the sprouts ).
    There's groups forming all the time for BLU spells to get the trial spells, specifically, but dungeon spells too. Especially now that it's set to where you automatically get the trial spell if you complete it with a synced party (not 100% if it has to be all BLU's though).

They fill up relatively quickly, usually.

I was dreading filling my spell book, with most of the level 60-70 trial spells missing, and then got them all in 1-2 days of just going through PF and joining groups.

Masked Carnival is a must though. It's actually really fun and you get a nice feeling of accomplishment when you complete it.

Quote Originally Posted by Katchii View Post
    There's groups forming all the time for BLU spells to get the trial spells, specifically, but dungeon spells too. Especially now that it's set to where you automatically get the trial spell if you complete it with a synced party (not 100% if it has to be all BLU's though).

They fill up relatively quickly, usually.

I was dreading filling my spell book, with most of the level 60-70 trial spells missing, and then got them all in 1-2 days of just going through PF and joining groups.

Masked Carnival is a must though. It's actually really fun and you get a nice feeling of accomplishment when you complete it.
    I pretty much dreaded the free form parties after I tried to do ramuh extreme early on and I never could get myself to bother with it afterwards (I was also busy with MSQ and many other things whenever I payed). Heck I only started doing actual raids and alliance raids for the first time because they forced me to do crystal tower and I wanted to see where Ryne's story ends in ShB.
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Lane View Post
    Can I buy moogle event items later as long as I have the currency? I see that the previous event's items appear to be available. I ask because I wanted the triple triad cards, but because I'm not far enough into SB the vendor won't display them to me. I've already bought everything else I wanted.
    if you check the previous moogle tabs you can see which items from the past 2 events are left over. its mainly just the token dump visual effect consumeable.

I pretty much dreaded the free form parties after I tried to do ramuh extreme early on and I never could get myself to bother with it afterwards (I was also busy with MSQ and many other things whenever I payed). Heck I only started doing actual raids and alliance raids for the first time because they forced me to do crystal tower and I wanted to see where Ryne's story ends in ShB.
    How early on? Like, when Ramuh Extreme was current?

High End content duty finder PUGs (for current high end duties) are always a bit sketchy, in my experience. But low level farm stuff, like doggos, birds and BLU spells are typically fine because you can cheese so many mechanics and just power through it and people are doing it for fun, not for progression. It's the progression parties that always get bent out of shape when something happens. But the other stuff, most people just roll with the punches and smile and carry on.

Quote Originally Posted by Tenjen View Post
    also during the amaroth doom scene the amoratians are no longer the non-descript entities Emet created.
    oh fuck we gonna get actual memories?

Quote Originally Posted by Dastreus View Post
    oh fuck we gonna get actual memories?
    It seems to be a flashback from Venat's perspective. Perhaps her memory of the Amaurotine's faces is clearer than Emet's was.

I can't imagine the WoL getting Azem's actual memories. Azem has been dead for thousands of years. Any "memories" that might be embedded into the orange soul crystal that Hythlodaeus gave the WoL are not Azem's memories, but stuff made up by Emet, much like how the soul crystals that the Sundered Ascians are given are not their actual memories, but what the Unsundered thought of them.

Just did the crossover with neir and wow I didn’t know it was three raids in total. It was so good, even better cause I played the neir game and coming back to the areas and music was so good!
    I died a lot in the raid though .. why I go as an expendable dps :/

Hololive streamers joining the game. Pekora started recently but is having issues with stream snipers, who will probably disapear quick. She was expecting them tho.

Hololive streamers joining the game. Pekora started recently but is having issues with stream snipers, who will probably disapear quick. She was expecting them tho.
    I had the stream in the background. Then i rewatched it... jingimy cricket. If anything, it was worse than asmongold's stream (perhaps because she went lala). And i know it was her fanbase really wanting to welcome her... but when she finally made it outside of limsa and needed to kill mobs, and her nousagis swarmed her with cars making it literally impossible to even target the mobs, i was genuinely heartbroken for her.

She cheered me up immediately though by telling everyone she was passing all their names to management and they're gonna get banned.

Thats my war criminal rabbit! I hope she comes back, i want to be there (since i play on jp servers) if/when she hits heavensward.

But to the point:

im so confused by the firmament. Ive done laps in this place on both my miner and botanist. I keep clearing grade 4 thingies (everything else is at 0%, its literally all i can gather), but when i return for inspection... its like i did nothing. What gives?
    Last edited by ippollite; 2021-11-13 at 12:14 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ippollite View Post
    I had the stream in the background. Then i rewatched it... jingimy cricket. If anything, it was worse than asmongold's stream (perhaps because she went lala). And i know it was her fanbase really wanting to welcome her... but when she finally made it outside of limsa and needed to kill mobs, and her nousagis swarmed her with cars making it literally impossible to even target the mobs, i was genuinely heartbroken for her.

She cheered me up immediately though by telling everyone she was passing all their names to management and they're gonna get banned.

Thats my war criminal rabbit! I hope she comes back, i want to be there (since i play on jp servers) if/when she hits heavensward.

But to the point:

im so confused by the firmament. Ive done laps in this place on both my miner and botanist. I keep clearing grade 4 thingies (everything else is at 0%, its literally all i can gather), but when i return for inspection... its like i did nothing. What gives?
    Ouch, dang, well I'm glad to know that SE will give the stream snipers a vacation. I hate it when people are discouraged from playing the game because they get stream sniped.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

Ah man, 4 castrum leaky lactaters to go and the concept of dying instances is grating to say the least. Unless you constantly monitor /sea you just find yourself in an instance where people still actually do CE, but without noticing half the people have dropped out and even after over 60 minutes no other castrum run has appeared.. And then you get a fresh instance and the waiting starts anew. Seriously why don't they just keep them roling..? I get killing of some instances after interest has waned (night), but every single one having an expiration date feels kinda dumb.

But to the point:

I didn't use the firmament for leveling much, but I think it's like collectables, so maybe you have to turn in what you gathered for experience. Also, make sure the collectability is high enough.

But to the point:

You also letting the NPC next to the Diadem guy inspect the materials? It's not automatically. That gives the crafting version of the the materials and skyscraper tickets.
    Otherwise you just have the grade 4 mats that can't be used for anything.
    Crafters gotta do collectables and turn them in next to the moogle lottery, that gives the XP for those, not crafting itself (i did that myself, went from like 20-29, friend told me to turn in and went to like 54 instantly)

15+ Year Old Account
    Ah man, 4 castrum leaky lactaters to go and the concept of dying instances is grating to say the least. Unless you constantly monitor /sea you just find yourself in an instance where people still actually do CE, but without noticing half the people have dropped out and even after over 60 minutes no other castrum run has appeared.. And then you get a fresh instance and the waiting starts anew. Seriously why don't they just keep them roling..? I get killing of some instances after interest has waned (night), but every single one having an expiration date feels kinda dumb.
    This feels like a relic from Eureka. During the first few days of Eureka people would join up and there'd be this one "full" instance that had a full 200 people (the instance cap) and if you were looking to grind out exp, you wanted to be in this instance for the huge FATE (NM) trains. But then there would be a second instance that had say 30 people, and nobody wanted to be in that instance, so what you would do is you'd keep queueing til you got into the "main" instance. People complained about it, wanted a queue system, or suggested other fixes.

The ultimate response to this was instance locking, in which instances would lock after a certain amount of time or once they hit 200 players. And then you couldn't get into that one and would have to populate the newer instance.

On the one hand I see it as being a dumb outdated system that just needs to be removed, but at the same time if there's ever more than 200 people doing either BSF or Zadnor, it could lead to the same situation as before.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

Same thing happened to Asmongold when he started to play. Some people are just mean when it comes to the streamers trying to play the game.
    Be careful who you chat it up with here on these forums. If you are NOT for WoW and about WoW, people will report whatever you say and get you banned

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu 2020 View Post
    This feels like a relic from Eureka. During the first few days of Eureka people would join up and there'd be this one "full" instance that had a full 200 people (the instance cap) and if you were looking to grind out exp, you wanted to be in this instance for the huge FATE (NM) trains. But then there would be a second instance that had say 30 people, and nobody wanted to be in that instance, so what you would do is you'd keep queueing til you got into the "main" instance. People complained about it, wanted a queue system, or suggested other fixes.

The ultimate response to this was instance locking, in which instances would lock after a certain amount of time or once they hit 200 players. And then you couldn't get into that one and would have to populate the newer instance.

On the one hand I see it as being a dumb outdated system that just needs to be removed, but at the same time if there's ever more than 200 people doing either BSF or Zadnor, it could lead to the same situation as before.
    The problem is kinda the way you queue and the communication. The instance is already dead but it suggests that you still have 2h left in it and the main feature won't spawn even after the 1h timer is over. Also the way youe queue and you have to hope to get into the right instance is still an issue with the current system, because obviously even with 72 people, there will be multiple instances and each has their own castrum lobbers ludite going. So you end up requeuing over and over again anyway just to check/change the instance. Also unless no one in the instance is below 130 min you can never be sure if you wait out in an instance for nothing.. it's really annoying. I already miss delubrum :P.
    Last edited by Cosmic Janitor; 2021-11-14 at 08:12 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    The problem is kinda the way you queue and the communication. The instance is already dead but it suggests that you still have 2h left in it and the main feature won't spawn even after the 1h timer is over. Also the way youe queue and you have to hope to get into the right instance is still an issue with the current system, because obviously even with 72 people, there will be multiple instances and each has their own castrum lobbers ludite going. So you end up requeuing over and over again anyway just to check/change the instance. Also unless no one in the instance is below 130 min you can never be sure if you wait out in an instance for nothing.. it's really annoying. I already miss delubrum :P.
    I feel like CLL and Dal should have both been handled like DR, an instanced raid you queue into outside of the battle zones.

Though on the one hand, when I get into a fresh BSF, I can often get 3 or 4 CLLs before I'm either out of time or the instance dies, which means I only have to use one bloodsucker that entire time. And if the groups aren't god awful at rescuing prisoners, I tend to get a lot more bloodsuckers by the end.

That said, tons of groups are super bad at rescuting prisoners. In the past, I've managed to get a group of 24 to split off into groups of 4 and we all saved each prisoner. But in the last few weeks, while the new players and slackers finish off their relics, people just aren't willing to do this or don't listen. The 3x8 man groups each claim one wing and we often end up only rescuing 3 or 4 prisoners, which makes you miss out on the better fragments. Why is it so hard for people to split their groups? And more importantly... since this applies to both Dalriada and CLL, WHY IS IT SO HARD FOR PEOPLE TO LISTEN TO CHAT?

I've had several Dalriada runs fail because random people will grab the bike to the top, all in separate groups, then wipe and fail the first boss segment. I'll set up instructions for which group is going up, and a bunch of people hop on the bikes anyway and fail us again and the run falls apart. It's so infuriatingly frustrating that some people just want to grab those bikes no matter what even if it fails the run. You'd figure people would want success, but apparently some just want to see the world burn.

Don't get me started on prisoners.. worst bunch are those that head straight E/W for no reason with a full group when they could easily do corners and then congregate in the middle.

Yeah, Castrum really sucks in that you pretty much have to join your datacenter's castrum farm discord and sign up for a group on the weekends to get it done, and it's a lengthy process where you might spend an hour or two waiting for the group to form, and then half an hour ingame just popping in and out of Bozja hopping everyone gets into the same instance, and then waiting for Castrum to spawn, and then the actual 30-45 minute long run of it. You have to set aside your whole afternoon to do it.