10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Felis igneus View Post
    I get that, but I find that an incredibly weak argument for having an ability on my bars. It's also not like you were fucked for the next 20 seconds if you let huton drop, unlike blackmage or pre-ShB dragoon. You lost one mudra instead of not being able to use your proper skills at all. /shrug
    Losing a ninjutsu use seems like a bigger deal in EW than it was in ShB when getting Forked/Fleeting Raiju out is tied to Raitons happening, I figure that’s why they made recovering from Huton expiring after a fight started easier.

So I've finally managed to beat the queue boss and log into the game.

Liking it so far, the finishing touches they put on the Warrior especially. Adding the self-healing to Raw Intuition, and unlinking it from the damage you deal, is a nice trade off. It makes it more consistent in use and you're going to get a similar amount of healing no matter the situation. Which is nice, one of my biggest pet peaves with Warrior was me lining up some chunky self healing only for a healer to get panicy and everything to go to waste. Now I can use it whenever and get solid use out of it almost unconditionally.

The removal of the Beast Gauge cost for Onslaught is nice as well. Its a great QoL improvement for pulling, you can quickly line up Overpower without needing to consider the cost. It was never a big deal before, but it's one less thing to have to consider when chain pulling. Mythril Tempest giving you the 10% damage buff is a nice change too.

I still feel like the biggest issue with Warrior is the people playing healers - Particularly the ones that get worried when you're at 90% HP. But it feels amazing when you get a healer that knows what Warriors do. But let's not start that conversation again.

On the other hand, not too impressed with the Scholar. It's basically more of the same, which is fine, but it's a job I would have prefered get a complete re-do. I've been saying this since Stormblood, but the Fairy Gauge in it's current form needs to go. It adds nothing but bloat to the job and the abilities that use it are more or less identical to skills the Scholar themselves have. They either need to go all the way with it and make it the Scholars primary resource, or they need to remove it alltogether. It's unsalvagable in it's current state.

Yeah WAR is so good, especially in dungeons. With proper CD rotation you feel unstoppable...but not necessarily invincible. Sometimes it feels like a fight for survival in-between Raw Intuitions during big pulls. It's just a good feeling imo.

10+ Year Old Account
    Having brought my WHM to Lv 90, I do have to say that I really dislike the disconnect between GCD length and cast time. It just feels so damn clunky and choppy now.

In theory you are supposed to weave stuff in but in reality the WHM just doesn't have that many oGCDs and most of them you do not use unconditionally whatever whenever.

Story was well done though, loved that part.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ippollite View Post
    Aww, my heart has been truly broken...
    I really thought for a tiny moment there they were going to let me use the dream team of sadu, magnai and cirina for the garlemald dungeon.
    Haha that would be hilarious. These two are constantly at each other's throats.

Wish we had such groups and that they would diss each other like the NPCs in Dragon Age.

Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    Having brought my WHM to Lv 90, I do have to say that I really dislike the disconnect between GCD length and cast time. It just feels so damn clunky and choppy now.

In theory you are supposed to weave stuff in but in reality the WHM just doesn't have that many oGCDs and most of them you do not use unconditionally whatever whenever.
    You do, you constantly weave now. Like half of our abilities are weaves.

Addendum for Ninja: I really like the 90 ability, feels very nice to have a gap-closer (as a sideeffect) that just requires a button press instead of targeting the floor. Though it loses points for not going full naruto chidori.

Onto the next class.. BLM. Man am I glad that I didn't lvl as BLM as my love-hate relationship with my original class continues. While it's nice that I don't have to babysit enochian anymore (or get double punished for dropping it), in practive enochian was just the icing on the cluncky rotation cake. In reality the constant stress of having to micromanage 15 second windows is still there and still makes the class as awful to play as ever; especially in content that you have haven't mentally compartmentalized into 15 second windows. For me that is true even more so in a world where everyone else gets more and more freedoms, while I'm constantly cutting my rotation short by half or have to start over again. The 2 charges of Tipple cast help if you only do stuff in short bursts like fates, but even in clown content like Zadnor CE's this quickly gets used up if your rng (or that of the people near you) sucks. (seriously stay the fuck away from me and my performance street art on the floor ><)

Also, because I did a lvling roulette, not having Umbral Soul for 20 lvls after getting Enochian still feels like ass in dungeons. :/
    Last edited by Cosmic Janitor; 2021-12-20 at 04:36 AM.
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by BiggestNoob View Post
    You do, you constantly weave now. Like half of our abilities are weaves.
    Well... I don't.
    And no: most of our skills are still GCD based.

Scholar's Expedient skill is such a great skill. FFXIV first true utility spell which you can make good use of in every single encounter FFXIV has to offer.

I also like how SAM got (even more) easy to play in EW. Everything lines up perfectly now. Too bad the burst window isn't 3 GCDs longer though

Quote Originally Posted by KrayZ33 View Post
    Scholar's Expedient skill is such a great skill. FFXIV first true utility spell which you can make good use of in every single encounter FFXIV has to offer.
    Used correctly, yes it can be a very big asset. Incorrectly it will quickly murder your entire team.

Quote Originally Posted by Thestrawman View Post
    Used correctly, yes it can be a very big asset. Incorrectly it will quickly murder your entire team.
    I've heard people saying that but I have no idea how that would be possible.
    You are just moving faster. People must have the reaction time of a Slowpoke if that kills them?

It's not like your character starts dashing around. It's just faster "skating"

Quote Originally Posted by KrayZ33 View Post
    I've heard people saying that but I have no idea how that would be possible.
    You are just moving faster. People must have the reaction time of a Slowpoke if that kills them?

It's not like your character starts dashing around. It's just faster "skating"
    Forced movement. If expedient is up when forced movement is happening you'll move that much farther, and usually that means moving into some form of death wall.

Quote Originally Posted by Delever View Post
    Christ man why this cynicism? I dont doubt that a lot of things, if not most are done for PR reasons but to be fair with them they ve been quite transparent on the server issue for a while now and I dont think its just an issue of being cheap fucks. If anything they re losing a months worth of subs by giving 21 free days (if not more in the future should this persist) plus halting online sales and advertisements for a bit.
    It genuinely just seems like they re trying to handle a difficult situation in a decent way until the hardware is there. I m not fanboy deffending them here but I just dont think they ve earned such a level of mistrust yet.
    Christ man why the bootlicking? They refused to buy servers for the EU region FOR THREE FUCKING YEARS. Fuck off with your 'they're not cheap fucks". At the very LEAST they had half a year to prepare for this. THey did nothing. And they're not going to do anything either. They will just wait this out until people drop the game again as they always do after the initial rush.

How do I get rid of the summoner balloon animal egis and get the actual primal models instead?
    "We must now recognize that the greatest threat of freedom for us all is if we go back to eating ourselves out from within." - John Anderson

Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    Well... I don't.
    And no: most of our skills are still GCD based.
    Total kit looks like roughly 39 actions. Of those 23 are GCD based and 15 are abilities. However if you account for duplicate abilities this removes 8 (Stone, Stone II, etc.) from the GCD based, quite literally making it 50/50, thus I am inclined to agree with @BiggestNoob.

So done with BLM, fate levling, while definitely slower, is still kinda good actually. At least until I have rank 3 in all zones.
    I like Paradox, sadly it's only available at lvl 90.. but it adresses one of my chief grievanes with the 2nd part of the astral phase and I just wish that it was available way earlier..
    Seriously, give me the mechanic without the massive dmg at lvl 56 and I'd be a happy camper.

Onto Summoner next. I guess it still shares the XP pool with Scholar? :P

Quote Originally Posted by Wrecktangle View Post
    Total kit looks like roughly 39 actions. Of those 23 are GCD based and 15 are abilities. However if you account for duplicate abilities this removes 8 (Stone, Stone II, etc.) from the GCD based, quite literally making it 50/50, thus I am inclined to agree with @BiggestNoob.
    Counting 2+ minute panic buttons into that is quite a bit disingenuous. He is right that for the overwhelming majority of your gameplay there is nothing to use these on and pressing stuff like lily just for shits and giggles isn't very productive either if they aren't needed right now.
    Last edited by Cosmic Janitor; 2021-12-20 at 02:41 PM.
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Lane View Post
    How do I get rid of the summoner balloon animal egis and get the actual primal models instead?
    Hit 90. Then your summons will upgrade.

Got my crafters all capped. Now the true suffering of the HQ gear market can begin.

-Also i saw endwalker described as "an analogy to not let yourself get drawn into doomposting on the twitter app" and right down to the blue bird that is way, way too real.

Quote Originally Posted by Lane View Post
    Be level 90.

Quote Originally Posted by Felis igneus View Post
    Onto Summoner next. I guess it still shares the XP pool with Scholar? :P.
    Yes, indeed! Level SMN to 90 and get a free 90 SCH with our new one time deal. Only $9.99 plus shipping. Some restrictions may apply.

Endwalker story is great, but 5.0 and 5.3 hit me harder for some reason. I understand why Gaius didn't go to Garlemald, but he could've assisted the contingent while wearing a mask or something. It's not like he didn't do the same in Praetorium. I hope we are getting more Gaius in the post 6.0 patches.
    The cinematic where you are on your room in Sharlyan and someone knocks at your door was awesome. I picked G'raha cause he's my favorite Scion, and when he showed up standing behind the door, didn't feel like it was an actual choice, felt just natural. But after seeing the Estinien one, felt somewhat scammed lol.
    Oh, and everything that involved Loporrits I instantly loved

Gameplaywise:
    GNB is so much fun. Playing another tank just feels wrong in comparison.
    RDM changes where you can string 3 meele combos and finishers one after another feels really good.
    DRG new animatios are neat. I thought I'd miss BoTD, but I was wrong lol.
    My SMN is at 84 and it already feels awesome.

Can't think on anything that I disliked from the expansion. Of course it's not perfect, but most of the issues I have with the game, aren't intrinsecally from EW