SQ made the Crystal Tower series mandatory going into ShB for obvious reasons. It must be completed by the tail end of the ARR patch quests or you can't progress now.

Quote Originally Posted by Dakhath View Post
    SQ made the Crystal Tower series mandatory going into ShB for obvious reasons. It must be completed by the tail end of the ARR patch quests or you can't progress now.
    Looking it up on Google, that seems to have changed in 5.3 - Long after Shadowbringers was released. It was when the MSQ was revamped, so it would be the ideal time to make it required content.

I distinctly remember having an "It's that guy from that place!" moment when G'raha showed up in the Crystal Tower storyline. I just assumed he spoke to me like he knew me because of the time line nonesense. Pretty much identical to how he had that fanboy moment when he met Estinien.

Quote Originally Posted by Katchii View Post
    He's shown or discussed multiple times in the story. For you to have even done Shadowbringers you had to do the Crystal Tower raid he was introduced.

Amon is a famous Allagan scholar/scientist who resurrected Xande, their Emperor. He is also a previous incarnation of Fandaniel/Hermes

I have no idea how you got to where you are in the story and have literally zero clue who he is.

Also, please remember, this is not the spoiler thread. You need to put spoiler tags on story spoilers.
    Haha, im sure you know exactly how i got so far and have zero clue who he is! also, sorry for spoilers, accidental over excitement. All fixed!
    Last edited by ippollite; 2022-01-30 at 12:12 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by StrawberryZebra View Post
    Looking it up on Google, that seems to have changed in 5.3 - Long after Shadowbringers was released. It was when the MSQ was revamped, so it would be the ideal time to make it required content.

I distinctly remember having an "It's that guy from that place!" moment when G'raha showed up in the Crystal Tower storyline. I just assumed he spoke to me like he knew me because of the time line nonesense. Pretty much identical to how he had that fanboy moment when he met Estinien.
    Its also because 5.3 MSQ requires CT unlocked

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't the Crystal Tower optional content? Aren't ALL 24 man raids optional unlocks?

I don't think I even completed the quest to unlock it until after Shadowbringers MSQ so I could use it to level up some of my other jobs.
    Not sure exactly when (before or at Shadowbringers launch), but the Crystal Tower raids were made mandatory in order to progress into Shadowbringers due to how closely the story relates.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post

And that doesn't include everything, such as the decreasing number of new sets (most of Endwalker's dungeon and crafted gear is recolors of old stuff), or the amount of recycled music (Varis didn't even get his theme. Seat of Sacrifice and Diamond Weapon did not get second theme phases. No new dungeon boss music for 5.4 and 5.5. Bozja... etc), and so on. There is a clear, steady decrease in the amount of content that releases over time.
    To me this list just screams selective cherry picking. There's so much other content that was added that doesn't fit into these categories of yours. Let's also not forget how long ShB and EW stories ended up being compared to HW and SB.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

Val's entire existence on this subforum is just shitting on the game. Virtually every single post they make here is to attack the game, attack people praising it, drastically overexaggerate any complaint they have about it, whine about their stupid and bad headcanon not coming true, and just lying about shit because they seem to have some chip on their shoulder.

I've never seen a person who apparently has played so much of a game hate so much of it. Just look at their post history and see how much of their life is wasted being mad at a game that they clearly don't like but insist on playing (or just lying about it --- I could easily see that at this point) and just want to shit on people enjoying.

Quote Originally Posted by Katchii View Post
    Not sure exactly when (before or at Shadowbringers launch), but the Crystal Tower raids were made mandatory in order to progress into Shadowbringers due to how closely the story relates.
    According to the wiki page it was with 5.3. I know for a fact I hadn't unlocked it before the end of Shadowbringers, it made for some very weird conversations with G'raha.

You're right that it's mandatory now but that wasn't always the case.

According to the wiki page it was with 5.3. I know for a fact I hadn't unlocked it before the end of Shadowbringers, it made for some very weird conversations with G'raha.

The point is, to have played endwalker you would need to have finished it.
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Roway49 View Post
    Val's entire existence on this subforum is just shitting on the game. Virtually every single post they make here is to attack the game, attack people praising it, drastically overexaggerate any complaint they have about it, whine about their stupid and bad headcanon not coming true, and just lying about shit because they seem to have some chip on their shoulder.

I've never seen a person who apparently has played so much of a game hate so much of it. Just look at their post history and see how much of their life is wasted being mad at a game that they clearly don't like but insist on playing (or just lying about it --- I could easily see that at this point) and just want to shit on people enjoying.
    Maybe some of you should stop taking everything said about the game personally, to the point that you'll make burner accounts just to bitch and moan that people attacked "your game".

- - - Updated - - -

It was kinda weird.

But either way, acting shocked and appalled that someone would forget a throwaway boss in a faceroll alliance raid that you did 300 MSQ hours or up to 9 calendar years ago - and who didn't even appear in the cutscenes - seems rather silly. It might be the stupidest lore nerd/fanboy thing to try to gatekeep about.
    Last edited by Ghost of Cow; 2022-01-30 at 09:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu 2020 View Post
    To me this list just screams selective cherry picking. There's so much other content that was added that doesn't fit into these categories of yours. Let's also not forget how long ShB and EW stories ended up being compared to HW and SB.
    It really depends on what you want out of it.

We've had a steady decrease in dungeons which I care about more than say... a longer story (specially EW, EW was longer thanks to a bunch of unneeded filler)

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post

We've had a steady decrease in dungeons which I care about more than say... a longer story (specially EW, EW was longer thanks to a bunch of unneeded filler)
    The dungeons are cool (the first time), but after that they're kind of.. eh.

They probably cut down on them because they take awhile to make and because of how FF14 works. There's so many dungeons that you run at current level or synced to just muddy the overall pool anyway. I like them the first time simply because the generally look cool and story elements that are almost always important are told there (which I like, because it's a hard time to know if you're in a filler trap at times during the MSQ).

The bosses from late SB onwards are always good in dungeons (mostly), but yeah, they probably take more time to make than they want, especially considering how little time you generally spend in them.

Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    The dungeons are cool (the first time), but after that they're kind of.. eh.

They probably cut down on them because they take awhile to make and because of how FF14 works. There's so many dungeons that you run at current level or synced to just muddy the overall pool anyway. I like them the first time simply because the generally look cool and story elements that are almost always important are told there (which I like, because it's a hard time to know if you're in a filler trap at times during the MSQ).

The bosses from late SB onwards are always good in dungeons (mostly), but yeah, they probably take more time to make than they want, especially considering how little time you generally spend in them.
    You spend a lot of time in max level dungeons doing Expert Roulette for tomestones, variety is a good thing.

It's hard to say.

I definitely "feel" like there's less to do, but it's also just possible that it's because I've done so many of the side things now over the years that there really IS less for me to do.

It's also just possible that not every player is interested in every type of content. So people might say, "But Bozja had quests and raids and relics and stuff!" other people might say, "Yeah, but that form of content is absolutely boring and insulting so I unsubbed during that time."

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost of Cow View Post
    It's hard to say.

I definitely "feel" like there's less to do, but it's also just possible that it's because I've done so many of the side things now over the years that there really IS less for me to do.

It's also just possible that not every player is interested in every type of content. So people might say, "But Bozja had quests and raids and relics and stuff!" other people might say, "Yeah, but that form of content is absolutely boring and insulting so I unsubbed during that time."
    I guess that's why I generally have stuck with wow throughout the years. They cater to the content I generally like to do, generally not letting other things get in the way.

Like this whole garden island thing for FF, like cool... but I really don't care, how bout an extra dungeon for roulette so it's not one dungeon plus the dungeons we've been doing for three months?

Quote Originally Posted by Faldric View Post
    I guess even SE didn't know what to do with him. They changed the whole "How souls work" just to give him some kind of motivation and make him a tragic character: it didn't work. That was pretty much the pattern of Endwalker: Logic and consistency be damned, we will make everything super sad and emotional.
    How? I felt like Endwalker was very consistent with what came before it.

Also I got chills when Fandaniel said he was Amon. Because I knew who Amon was.

I guess that's why I generally have stuck with wow throughout the years. They cater to the content I generally like to do, generally not letting other things get in the way.

Like this whole garden island thing for FF, like cool... but I really don't care, how bout an extra dungeon for roulette so it's not one dungeon plus the dungeons we've been doing for three months?
    Right, WoW - for better or worse - tends to be more focused on that part of the game.

XIV is all over the place sometimes. Although I also think that people cut XIV much more slack with regards to content. You'll hear people refer to things like Hildebrand quests or hunts as this great content but if Blizzard said "We added a few short joke questchains a couple expansions back" or "Hey, we made these mobs out in the open world you can kill for extra loot." people would lose their shit over the low bar there.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost of Cow View Post
    Maybe some of you should stop taking everything said about the game personally, to the point that you'll make burner accounts just to bitch and moan that people attacked "your game".
    Yeah its almost like people take offense when liars keep spreading bullshit. I do find it funny YOU are trying to call other people burner accounts though.

Wait... is this burnerception! Is this that pointing spiderman meme? Anyway, i agree, lets all try and play the ball and not the player. That all being said, lvl 89 spoilers, second trial... actually, probably not spoilers, well maybe one very minor one, you can do it as a trust . I was so anxious and avoided doing it for two days at the thought of constant wiping, turns out its not a big deal! I 'died' twice and have another few days of game time questing through the game before i once again freeze up in terror for the final battle. More ridiculous hot takes incoming

Also, apropos of nothing, but is Urianger okay? Since he met the bunnies, every random interaction he talks about them. Exactly what happened since we left him there? I think he might have Stockholm syndrome?
    Last edited by ippollite; 2022-01-31 at 09:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ippollite View Post
    Also, apropos of nothing, but is Urianger okay? Since he met the bunnies, every random interaction he talks about them. Exactly what happened since we left him there? I think he might have Stockholm syndrome?
    I mean...not to be rude but based on other posts you've made as you go through the MSQ...are you just not paying attention or something? Urianger's behavior is very clearly explained by his issues he's having post-first Trial when you get the voiced cutscene with him and he spills his guts to you. If you're at the 2nd trial, you will have seen that as well as ANOTHER Urianger cutscene by now that explains why he's been going through a rough time.

There's a reason he's obsessed with saving as many people as he possibly can, even if he does so through shady means, there's been a reason he's done it since ARR. He feels guilt and blames himself for Moenbryda's death (Even though he isn't at fault whatsoever) and copes with it by trying to save as many people as possible regardless of how he does it. There's a reason he brings her up almost any time he has a monologue revealing his actual agenda.
    Last edited by Roway49; 2022-01-31 at 10:20 AM.