Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    For example, if you didn't do the Omega raid, I think Alpha and his little Omega toy don't show up, and I think there's also some stuff with Bozja, but I'm not sure.

Going by what was said- I went through the MSQ pretty quickly while not focusing too much on the side-content for better or worse, but I did do Omega and those two showed up. Heard there were more characters, though.
    Alpha (which i just looked up), the chochobo in garlond ironworks clothes showed up for me, i had no clue who tf that was and looked super goofy when I saw it lol, i don't think those cutscenes are sensitive to previously completed questlines.

I'm pretty eager to see the 6.1 trailer when it releases...but since it's probably coming alongside the Live Letter on April 1st I'm going to be second guessing everything.

https://eu.finalfantasyxiv.com/endwalker/patch_6_1/

Saw this on the XIV twitter, didn't know the patch page was up yet. Interesting to see screenshots suggesting we are working with Estinien and Ysh'tola. Estinien only just joined up so him sticking around was a no brainer but i was honestly expecting Graha as the new catmage default.

But she is the postergirl in japan so her joining Urianger and Thancred on vacation was probably never going to happen.

But i do wonder what her role will be. Estinien and WoL are the two 'vanguard' members of the party that dive headfirst into trouble so them being tataru or kriles jobber out on some mission was almost certain at the start of a new adventure but what is yshtola up to? working with the Baldesion crowd now? or do we just happen to run into her looking into some mystery on her own time?
    Last edited by dope_danny; 2022-03-24 at 04:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    https://eu.finalfantasyxiv.com/endwalker/patch_6_1/

Saw this on the XIV twitter, didn't know the patch page was up yet. Interesting to see screenshots suggesting we are working with Estinien and Ysh'tola. Estinien only just joined up so him sticking around was a no brainer but i was honestly expecting Graha as the new catmage default.

But she is the postergirl in japan so her joining Urianger and Thancred on vacation was probably never going to happen.

But i do wonder what her role will be. Estinien and WoL are the two 'vanguard' members of the party that dive headfirst into trouble so them being tataru or kriles jobber out on some mission was almost certain at the start of a new adventure but what is yshtola up to? working with the Baldesion crowd now? or do we just happen to run into her looking into some mystery on her own time?
    I'm guessing Y'shtola stays in Sharlayan to do her academic work, that's what her passion is anyway. She only ever got involved in combat when it was directly related to her pursuit of knowledge or in uncovering some academic secret or something.

She's likely to be the "new" Matoya, our main point of contact for complicated, unexplainable and/or never before seen aether stuff. Since we're on "good" terms with Sharlayan now, it makes sense that we'd use them (and anyone stationed/working there) as an actual usable source of knowledge and expertise to tap into whenever our adventures need as opposed to what they were before which was basically a "lost" book we couldn't access and therefore had to find other means of getting the information.

When I learned that the Scions were being disbanded, I thought we were going to start assembling a brand new party.

Sees Estinien receiving orders from Vytra
    "Oh, maybe we stop by the adventurer's guild and pick up a new healer. Then we head to Thavnair, join with Estinien, and maybe a new original character who from Thavnair, and we go into the dungeon. And then maybe in the next patch we will pick up another original character and now have a new 4 man crew.[/list]
    Hears that Thancred's is coming back in 6.1
    "Oh... uh... maybe he'll only have a cameo?
    Y'shtola is coming back too
    "..."

Well. Maybe only this patch will be Scions heavy and it's just going to take a little longer for them to fade into the background while a new cast is brought in.

Hopefully.

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Wait... with the new residential district... does this mean no more power-leveling DOL/DOH?
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DeltrusDisc View Post
    Wait... with the new residential district... does this mean no more power-leveling DOL/DOH?
    No, the Firmament isn't going away. The Empyrean is already in-game and you're able to look at the plots, just can't buy yet.

As much as I like Estinien, I don't see why he has any reason to journey with us for anything that doesn't involve dragons. Aside from Thancred, the rest of the Scions are redundant in some way or another. They've even made Alisaie more like her brother. There's definitely no reason we should have more than one scholar on the team at a time, they all serve essentially the same purpose.

I'm mostly not looking forward to Krile, even less so if it's Krile + Thancred since I do not want to hear them trade stories about Minfilia. -_-
    "We must now recognize that the greatest threat of freedom for us all is if we go back to eating ourselves out from within." - John Anderson

Quote Originally Posted by Lane View Post
    As much as I like Estinien, I don't see why he has any reason to journey with us for anything that doesn't involve dragons. Aside from Thancred, the rest of the Scions are redundant in some way or another. They've even made Alisaie more like her brother. There's definitely no reason we should have more than one scholar on the team at a time, they all serve essentially the same purpose.

I'm mostly not looking forward to Krile, even less so if it's Krile + Thancred since I do not want to hear them trade stories about Minfilia. -_-
    At this point it seems super likely the longterm set up right now is for Meracydia. The southern continent where Bahamut and Tiamat founded an empire where dragons and hyurs lived together until the allagans opened a bunch of tears in reality to the 13th and flooded the place with voidsent and enslaved all the dragons with control collars.

But that information is pretty out of date at this point and the final patch of Shadowbringers seems to intimate the Meracydians were free again and we were dealing with ones tempered by the Telopheroi. With all the comments over the last two years about Meracydia and Vrytra commenting that not even the end of the world could get Azdaja to show up i wont be shocked if Estinien is sticking around to look up what happened to the last of the first brood.

I don't think anyone would be shocked to see he took over Meracydia in Tiamats absence.

Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post
    When I learned that the Scions were being disbanded, I thought we were going to start assembling a brand new party.

"Oh, maybe we stop by the adventurer's guild and pick up a new healer. Then we head to Thavnair, join with Estinien, and maybe a new original character who from Thavnair, and we go into the dungeon. And then maybe in the next patch we will pick up another original character and now have a new 4 man crew.[/list]
    "..."

Well. Maybe only this patch will be Scions heavy and it's just going to take a little longer for them to fade into the background while a new cast is brought in.

Hopefully.
    From the very first, it was obvious that the Scions were only disbanding in name.

"..."

Hopefully.
    Why? Maybe a set of characters might be added (like during Stormblood). But the cutscene basically tells you that the Scions as a faction "disband". The group itself is going to places and still have "fun".
    I doubt we will ever stop having contact with them.
    Last edited by KrayZ33; 2022-03-25 at 02:36 PM.

I think people were just assuming that the "disband" was a way for the story to bend away from the Scions (and Eorzea, perhaps) a bit and introduce a whole new "world", so to speak.

In reality, that was never really going to happen. But I think some people got their hopes up.

The epilogue literally says "we're going away, but not really /wink /wink"

Do WE get to hang out with Thancred and Urianger on vacation? Seriously, the the bants would be legendary.

Aside from Thancred, the rest of the Scions are redundant in some way or another.
    The problem is the Scions are very top-heavy on well educated, book smart mage type characters who think before they act and consider all the options. That doesn't leave much to distinguish them from their peers who also exist to explain the plot to the player. Thancred, and Estinien too, stand out simply by virtue of having a different background and skill set. As much as people give Lyse shit, she was at least a contrasting personality to all the eggheads she was surrounded by.

I agree that the Scions could do with a trim down to give other, new, characters a chance to shine. They don't need to be on the side lines forever, but I feel like we could do with a break from some of them in the short term. There's a clear opening for a ranged physical DPS on the Scions, and everyone seems to love a whimsical Bard character. That seems like an easy place to start imo.

Quote Originally Posted by StrawberryZebra View Post
    There's a clear opening for a ranged physical DPS on the Scions, and everyone seems to love a whimsical Bard character.
    Hythlodaeus.
    "We must now recognize that the greatest threat of freedom for us all is if we go back to eating ourselves out from within." - John Anderson

I'd like to see some less overly nice/polite characters as party members, along the lines of Fordola or FFXIV Ramza. Also some older folks like Gosetsu.

I'd like to see some less overly nice/polite characters as party members, along the lines of Fordola or FFXIV Ramza.
    Same. I want some spice in the party, not just in personality but background (and hair color :P) as well. The Scions are too homogeneous.

Hythlodaeus.
    I was thinking someone a bit more.... Permanent. And possiably sassy. Like Jaskier from the Witcher Netflix series. Or I-no from Guilty Gear. Or Jack Black from Real Life.

You know, someone with a bit of charisma who adds some levity and a different perspective to the cast.

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    At this point it seems super likely the longterm set up right now is for Meracydia. The southern continent where Bahamut and Tiamat founded an empire where dragons and hyurs lived together until the allagans opened a bunch of tears in reality to the 13th and flooded the place with voidsent and enslaved all the dragons with control collars.

But that information is pretty out of date at this point and the final patch of Shadowbringers seems to intimate the Meracydians were free again and we were dealing with ones tempered by the Telopheroi. With all the comments over the last two years about Meracydia and Vrytra commenting that not even the end of the world could get Azdaja to show up i wont be shocked if Estinien is sticking around to look up what happened to the last of the first brood.

I don't think anyone would be shocked to see he took over Meracydia in Tiamats absence.
    Who, in-game, are actual Meracydians?
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

Quote Originally Posted by DeltrusDisc View Post
    Who, in-game, are actual Meracydians?
    People from a continent that was scoured by Ancient Allag. IIRC the Warring Triad primal bosses were summoned by Meracydians and captured by Allag, stored in Azys Lla. Bahamut was killed by the Allagans and the dragons summoned a primal in his image, who was then again defeated and imprisoned by Allag. The only living Meracydian we have met is Tiamat, who was Bahamut's wife.