7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    I think they already mentioned that femHroth got pushed to 7.0 (though I hope we see a preview for them around 6.4-6.5)

Which, not to make excuses for them, but knowing that they're doing the graphical updates, it would make sense. If not, they're basically doing double work. Same goes for adding new customization. If they try to fit it in pre-graphical update, it'll just mean having to redo it in 7.0 or in a post-patch.
    It's completely understandable if they wait for 7.0 at this point.
    But I wish we at least had a preview to see how they would look

Also, more customization is good. Specially if we can finally separate horns from faces for Au Ra
    This world don't give us nothing. It be our lot to suffer... and our duty to fight back.

Bloodsail Admiral
    1+ Year Old Account

First time I even hear a whisper of potential new customizaiton. It was something I was disappointed about when they didn't mention it during the graphical update, so to hear him talk about it here is heartening.

I get that it's "no promises" territory, but it's better than radio silence.
    I assumed that increased personalization would be packaged with the engine revamp in 7.0.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gutler View Post
    I had a monk in expert roulette that decided the tank wasnt going fast enough so they decided to start rushing ahead and pull everything but the rest of the party just watched as they got murdered by the mobs but even after dying every pull they just kept doing it.
    Why was your tank pulling single groups in an expert dungeon?!
    Unless the tank or the healer was a sprout that was still insecure, there is no justification for that, since mobs hit like wet noodles.

When I tank, there is no need for any DPS to run ahead because there is nothing more to pull.

- - - Updated - - -

First time I even hear a whisper of potential new customizaiton. It was something I was disappointed about when they didn't mention it during the graphical update, so to hear him talk about it here is heartening.

What the heck is "Japanese sounding voices"?
    I surely hope they do NOT mean cliché super squeaky anime voices, I do not want more of that in the game.

Normal Japanese people do not talk like that and neither should our characters.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    Unless the tank or the healer was a sprout that was still insecure, there is no justification for that, since mobs hit like wet noodles.

When I tank, there is no need for any DPS to run ahead because there is nothing more to pull.
    Nope the monk ran off and started pulling stuff from the start of the dungeon.

Sig by Elyssia "When you do things right people won't be sure you've done anything at all"

10+ Year Old Account

Leveling WAR/PLD/DRK atm, 30-50 currently in 50-60. I gauge pulls based on how well the healer can heal and how fidgety the healer is. I've had way too many close calls in the past 2 days b/c the healer is too focused on damaging. And I used CDs as needed. If I have to use all my CDs on a 2 pack pull in level appropriate gear, then there is something wrong (I personally don't like pulling wall-to-wall. I will if the healer says they can handle it).

I think we just need to accept that some people like fast pulling, and some don't. And that's fine.
    Just try and come to a compromise and try no to be dicks about it.
    Last edited by Auxis; 2022-10-09 at 01:03 PM.
    By Blizzard Entertainment:
    Part of the reason is that Battlegrounds are like ducks.
    My Nintendo FC is 2208-5726-4303.

Quote Originally Posted by Auxis View Post
    I've had way too many close calls in the past 2 days b/c the healer is too focused on damaging. And I used CDs as needed. If I have to use all my CDs on a 2 pack pull in level appropriate gear, then there is something wrong (I personally don't like pulling wall-to-wall. I will if the healer says they can handle it).

I think we just need to accept that some people like fast pulling, and some don't. And that's fine.
    Just try and come to a compromise and try no to be dicks about it.
    Yeah, it sounds like your DPS aren't pulling their weight lol. Assuming you're not stacking your defensive CDs, and rather rotating them effectively, the mobs should be dead, especially if your healer is primarily DPSing.

That said, it's important to know that the only Hit Point that matters is that last one. If you're not dead it's not a close call, but rather a healer who is playing efficiently and well. It's important to trust them and not panic use CDs.

Yeah, if you're going through all your CDs and the pack still isn't dead, that's not a "close call" due to your healer slacking or something. That's DPS that just can't kill the mobs in time.

The thing about large pulls is that there's an expiration date on each one. You and your healer only have so much to give; if you're out of gas and still have most of the pull left to kill, then that's not on either of you.

Bloodsail Admiral
    1+ Year Old Account
    What the heck is "Japanese sounding voices"?
    I surely hope they do NOT mean cliché super squeaky anime voices, I do not want more of that in the game.

Normal Japanese people do not talk like that and neither should our characters.
    That is probably exactly what he means by that. Calling it "Japanese sounding voices" is overly precise - what he meant is "anime sounding voices." Think of all the stereotypical annoying anime voices, male or female, and you're probably in the ballpark. Like women using cutesy forms of speech and adding nya~ into every other line if they're a catgirl, etc.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gutler View Post
    Nope the monk ran off and started pulling stuff from the start of the dungeon.
    As a healer, I'd watch such an individual die with a sadistic smile. :<

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Auxis View Post
    Leveling WAR/PLD/DRK atm
    We're talking EXPERT dungeons. Due to the wonky scaling, leveling dungeons are an entirely different beast, heavily depending on gear.
    Sometimes, wall-to-wall pulls are ill advised in leveling content, aye.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Grinning Serpent View Post
    That is probably exactly what he means by that. Calling it "Japanese sounding voices" is overly precise - what he meant is "anime sounding voices." Think of all the stereotypical annoying anime voices, male or female, and you're probably in the ballpark. Like women using cutesy forms of speech and adding nya~ into every other line if they're a catgirl, etc.
    Thankfully, I now know how to mod the game.
    Shit like that will not fly here.

if any new tanks are reading this, here's a small PSA:

ARR dungeons are not made to be pulled wall-to-wall. as stated above, for wall-to-wall pulls you need tank and healer CDs and dps who can actually do decent AoE dps.
    all 3 of these are severely limited in leveling content.
    in addition to that, ARR dungeons often have more than 2 packs per WtW pull. some dungeons have no walls at all between bosses.

and to top it all off, many times they throw in nasty debuffs your heal is meant to esuna. guess what, no GCD free for esuna if your only effective healing option is hardcasting ST heals.

sure, some dungeons allow for wall-to-wall pulls, but not because they were designed to be done that way and more as a happy coincident.
    i am not sure about HW dunegons since it is rare that i get one in roulette, but once you are in SB all the way through ShB and EW, everything can be wall-to-wall pulled (though be aware of those bears in Holminster, they hurt T.T).
    The above mentioned remarks, ideas and notions are simply my thought on this topic. I do not wish to aggravate, denounce or criticize anyone who, for whatever reason, may disagree.

Wall to wall pulling Brayflox, Dzemael Darkhold, Stone Vigil, and Aurum Vale are the only exciting combat encounters in the game. Well, they were, until dungeon mobs stopped giving EXP. Felt good to be dancing on a knife's edge while seeing your EXP bar fill up multiple times.

10+ Year Old Account
    As a healer, I'd watch such an individual die with a sadistic smile. :<
    yeah, don't write that in chat - it's reportable and you account can get sanctioned if you let people die on purpose as healer (and say as much).

I think its petty, but i'm the healer who's pulling the second pack if the tank doesnt, so we maybe have a different perspective on things.

When is 6.2.5 supposed to come out? For some reason I thought it was this week.

Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    When is 6.2.5 supposed to come out? For some reason I thought it was this week.
    October 18th, so next Tuesday.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pannonian View Post
    yeah, don't write that in chat - it's reportable and you account can get sanctioned if you let people die on purpose as healer (and say as much).
    So is running ahead as a DPS, pulling like crazy and griefing the tank. I'd never say anything in chat though. I just let that moron die and be done with it. If anyone asks, I was "distracted". *innocent whistle*

Personally I've stopped with the "gogogo" mentality a long time ago. A handful of minutes in faster clear times is simply not worth stressing out an insecure tank.

10+ Year Old Account
    So is running ahead as a DPS, pulling like crazy and griefing the tank. I'd never say anything in chat though. I just let that moron die and be done with it. If anyone asks, I was "distracted". *innocent whistle*

Personally I've stopped with the "gogogo" mentality a long time ago. A handful of minutes in faster clear times is simply not worth stressing out an insecure tank.
    No, it is not - If you do it to annoy the tank? Yes, that's harrasment. A dps pulling just because he is faster? No way is that against the ToS. Protip: Its called a tank, not a pull.

Fine if that is your prerogative to not play "gogogo", but forcing slowpoke on other people who dont want to, is as wrong as forcing gogogo on tanks that don't want to.
    Last edited by Pannonian; 2022-10-13 at 08:21 AM.

This. I'm not quite sure where the rush-rush-rush mentality came from but it's grating.

10+ Year Old Account
    The question is: Why does one need a tank if there are no w2w pulls? I'm not talking about leveling and sprouts mind you. But in an Expert dungeon? There is no need for a tank. So why should the tank slow the rest of the group down if there is no need for a tank to exist in the first place?

Just now in my lunch break i did a quick expert - tank dc'd for first boss. We already had looted so no vote kick possible - after asking the healer we decided to just continue, single pulls (me rpr , and 2 people i have never seen before: smn and sch) - after no problems and also doing the second boss (tb hits like a wet noodle), we did the next 2 pulls w2w and while we had to use our abilities no one dropped every below 20%, endboss done - tank never returned. The only annoying things were no limit break and a lot of missed positionals.

Now i will admit you cannot do this with every random group you find, but keep in mind we did all double pulls, and we were missing a 4th player, so lacking dps on top of it (and healer having of course to heal more).

So... why would i let a tank dictate single pulls in expert? Again, i have a lot of patience for sprouts and wont enforce that on anyone - never did - will always ask - but i see no reason for tanks to dictate the pace or assuming some kind of leader role. If you play tank to get ego strokes it is the wrong decision.

15+ Year Old Account

Ah good, another cool feature that if not implemented, people will use it that proof that Yoshi P is a "liar". Even though he repeatedly says no promises.

But I'm always for more customization options.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

I think its petty, but i'm the healer who's pulling the second pack if the tank doesnt, so we maybe have a different perspective on things.
    If they say it like that, possibly but admitting you let someone die because they wanted to pull more than the tank was comfortable pulling isn't grounds for sanction.

This.

The last time I ran into this, it wasn't me as tank that couldn't handle it, it was the healer who I could quickly tell was struggling. Had some Drg who insisted on running ahead. I asked him to stop, he never said a word, kept doing it, so after the first boss, I let him have the pack.

The question is: Why does one need a tank if there are no w2w pulls? I'm not talking about leveling and sprouts mind you. But in an Expert dungeon? There is no need for a tank. So why should the tank slow the rest of the group down if there is no need for a tank to exist in the first place?

Just now in my lunch break i did a quick expert - tank dc'd for first boss. We already had looted so no vote kick possible - after asking the healer we decided to just continue, single pulls (me rpr , and 2 people i have never seen before: smn and sch) - after no problems and also doing the second boss (tb hits like a wet noodle), we did the next 2 pulls w2w and while we had to use our abilities no one dropped every below 20%, endboss done - tank never returned. The only annoying things were no limit break and a lot of missed positionals.

Now i will admit you cannot do this with every random group you find, but keep in mind we did all double pulls, and we were missing a 4th player, so lacking dps on top of it (and healer having of course to heal more).

So... why would i let a tank dictate single pulls in expert? Again, i have a lot of patience for sprouts and wont enforce that on anyone - never did - will always ask - but i see no reason for tanks to dictate the pace or assuming some kind of leader role. If you play tank to get ego strokes it is the wrong decision.
    Is that scenario the norm?

I let the tanks dictate the pace because it's the right thing to do. They're the ones who control the fight, everyone else just plays along. Most any dungeon in any big MMO, this is the case. It has been for years and for good reason... they are the key to the groups survival. There is no reason to play the "tough guy" card and say "I'm gonna do what I wanna do..." just to stick it to the man.
    Last edited by Necromantic; 2022-10-13 at 04:47 PM.
    Being assertive is NOT trolling. It's alarming how many people (including moderators) still have not got that memo.