Yepp, critic is bad.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lets Len Game View Post
    I got a Beta invite, but their website is to confusing to navigate. too many hoops to jump through just to get my account setup to download the Beta.... /pass
    The email gives you a link that goes straight to the page where you can download it. There are no confusing hoops to jump through.
    You should either try again or give your code to someone who might actually bring feedback to the game, no offense meant, but it just sucks to see keys going to waste when they can be used to improve a game.

Deleted
    Q: Do you plan on implementing great swords?
    A: Well, the development team was saying before that they'd have to do this at some point, and I'm thinking it will be when they add the appropriate class or job. It could be samurai, or perhaps dark knight, but only the battle team knows for sure. Still, it's definitely something we'd like to do.

Really hope they implement dark knight, samurai and ninja classes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FruitBat69 View Post
    Really hope they implement dark knight, samurai and ninja classes.
    If they add Greatswords and have them used by Samurai, which would be played as a 2h tanking class... ALLLL my money is belong to Squeenix...

Of course then what would the Job for Samurai be... Shogun ;p maybe Kensei?
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

Am I the only person who wants to play a White Mage? Everyone saying there is going to be a healer shortage.

Quote Originally Posted by Niku View Post
    Yepp, critic is bad.
    I'll for the moment asume that you mean "criticism is bad" as an attack on me. Cute, but no. criticism is fine, is encouraged even in my eyes. But when someone can't be bothered to take 30 seconds to make an account, and then click on a link in their e-mail to download the client, why should I expect that person to deliver good criticism on the game, and deliver good bug reports? I can't, people like that generally are way to lazy for such things. If mister "Lets Len Game" actually took the 5 seconds to explain what's wrong, or what doesn't work, we could help. If he starts "/pass" because he can't handle the system of making an account, there's nothing to do.

On topic:

FFXI same deal here for me:

PLD/WHM
    WHM/BLM

So.... WHM all the way lol

Quote Originally Posted by lanerios View Post
    Depends on which forum you mean Saxonn, the Beta forum is quite civil and quite a bit of normal discussions, way more civil than this thread.

But I guess, whining about it is as lot easier than to just act normally on such a forum <3 (this goes both for the whiners about games, and people complaining about the forums)
    No one is "whining" about it. Simply pointing out having a thread to discuss features in a game, that you're forbidden from discussing or even admitting you're in Beta. Serves little purpose expect to post mass speculation about how the game will turn out. Interesting enough, whining about people whining. Is actually whining in itself.

I'll for the moment asume that you mean "criticism is bad" as an attack on me. Cute, but no. criticism is fine, is encouraged even in my eyes. But when someone can't be bothered to take 30 seconds to make an account, and then click on a link in their e-mail to download the client, why should I expect that person to deliver good criticism on the game, and deliver good bug reports? I can't, people like that generally are way to lazy for such things. If mister "Lets Len Game" actually took the 5 seconds to explain what's wrong, or what doesn't work, we could help. If he starts "/pass" because he can't handle the system of making an account, there's nothing to do.

On topic:

PLD/WHM
    WHM/BLM

You do understand ..its a video game. Comparing lazy people to video games. Some would say people are lazy who play video games. Not me. It's not as if they're pumping iron to get muscle. All we're doing is sitting in a chair writing on a keyboard.
    Last edited by FusedMass; 2013-04-18 at 02:25 PM.

On topic:

PLD/WHM
    WHM/BLM

I thought his comment on "the website is confusing to navigate" was pretty accurate. Downloading the Beta isn't that hard though, you get a direct link in your email. I'm not ready to exclude someone from this games community so readily, and I don't think it's wise to pretend one knows so much about another humanbeing from 2 sentences of text.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigitybones View Post
    if you were a loyal customer you would've gotten invited as all other legacy members.
    Yeah wow... really?

I think giving it two months and a collectors edition means I'm a terrible person right?

Is your definition of loyal playing a game for over 3 months that was so bad at release and never really got that good that they decided to remake the whole thing, because I have another word for that, but it ain't loyal..

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chelly View Post
    Well this was fun. Made a Square Enix account and I need an authenticator to log in. The problem is, I need to log in to buy an authenticator.
    In other words - I'm locked and can't do shit. Too bad I already registered my key.
    Not sure how this happened but I find it pretty funny.

you dont need an authenticator...at least I never did

Quote Originally Posted by AcrobaticMegalodon View Post
    Awesome.
    Not really, tbh.

Oh, and you don't need an authenticator. Make sure you're using your nickname to log in, not your e-mail address.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by nocturnus View Post
    Not really, tbh.

Oh, and you don't need an authenticator. Make sure you're using your nickname to log in, not your e-mail address.
    Oh god, how bad/good is it?

Their site needs to be MUCH easier and more 'friendly' for launch. Not nearly as bad as the 'joys' of downloading TERA (good luck!), but still annoying.

toomanyrifts.blogspot.ca || A Gaming Blog

Quote Originally Posted by AcrobaticMegalodon View Post
    Oh god, how bad/good is it?
    He said, and I quote: "Why play ARR when you can play WoW, which does everything ARR does, 100 times better".

Yeah...
    Last edited by Remilia; 2013-04-19 at 09:22 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    He said, and I quote: "Why play ARR when you can play WoW, which does everything ARR does, 100 times better".

Yeah...
    Heh, that quote can basically be translated to: I should probably just play WoW because that is the formula I like and the only formula I like.
    Last edited by Remilia; 2013-04-19 at 09:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by philefluxx View Post
    Heh, that quote can basically be translated to: I should probably just play WoW because that is the formula I like and the only formula I like.
    No. It should be translated to: ARR uses the exact same formula WoW does, but fails at implementing it on many fronts.

10+ Year Old Account
    No. It should be translated to: ARR uses the exact same formula WoW does, but fails at implementing it on many fronts.
    Well unfortunately I cannot provide arguments as to why I beg to differ, so Ill just say that I disagree. And keep laughing to myself about your comment and your brothers sisters momma's baby's daddy's quote.

Quote Originally Posted by philefluxx View Post
    Well unfortunately I cannot provide arguments as to why I beg to differ, so Ill just say that I disagree. And keep laughing to myself about your comment and your brothers sisters momma's baby's daddy's quote.
    That one was pretty kewl wasn't it

Quote Originally Posted by Maelle View Post
    Yeah wow... really?

I think giving it two months and a collectors edition means I'm a terrible person right?

Is your definition of loyal playing a game for over 3 months that was so bad at release and never really got that good that they decided to remake the whole thing, because I have another word for that, but it ain't loyal..

way to paraphrase ppl there ... Legacy was a mean to reward loyalty if you had been loyal you would have legacy... anyone else can wait in line for an invite or wait for open beta.
    Last edited by Bigitybones; 2013-04-19 at 09:12 PM.

If that friend of a friends uncle's sister's cat actually played the game long enough to have a proper opinion, they'd know it does a lot of things different than WoW.

Class System
    Job System
    F.A.T.E System (which is more like GW2's Events)
    Player Housing

Just because you pick up a quest, kill 10 boars, and turn it in, it's not a 'WoW Clone.' Every MMO does this, no matter how much GW2 or SWtOR tries to mask it for the blindly stupid.

It has familiar aspects to other MMOs. WoW, Rift, GW2, EQ2, whatever. When did WoW ever not copy other games and do it worse? Hello, Temple of the Kotmogu!

toomanyrifts.blogspot.ca || A Gaming Blog