10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaelwryn View Post
    I would also like to point out that the bulk of the exp doesn't come from that first fate in DD's chain. If you truly aren't interested in farming that first one (or aren't in a group that managed to get there first to basically tag everything) you can go do the other fates that spawn (They don't stop when dd starts up!) and then come back for the real juicy bits of DD. You still farm exp/seals while not bothering to do the first DD's farm fest.
    ^ This as well.
    That phase three of DD usually gets about 30k xp for what is typically a 4-5 min fight (at most).

Dose anyone know how I can change the controlls from Keyboard/Mouse to a controller. My controller lets me move but nothing else and the botton layout stays the same.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Dose anyone know how I can change the controlls from Keyboard/Mouse to a controller. My controller lets me move but nothing else and the botton layout stays the same.
    Go to character configuration. You'll see a button on the left side of the menu that looks kind of like a light switch. Flip the switch from mouse to gamepad. Should do ya.

Quote Originally Posted by Kalyyn View Post
    Go to character configuration. You'll see a button on the left side of the menu that looks kind of like a light switch. Flip the switch from mouse to gamepad. Should do ya.
    Ok has anyone else been dealing with input lag and client crashing?????

Just started playing and there is major input lag and it has crashed 2 times in the past hour.

There is some sound lag as well.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.

Quote Originally Posted by Boreaz View Post
    Where are you fate hunting and what class are you playing?
    ceruleum. mnk.

i just moved to an overly less populated area (revenant's). though the xp isn't as good (when i actually get full credit...), at least i'm making 12k per fate, not fucking 7.
    Last edited by Ateista; 2013-10-08 at 09:45 PM.

I picked a archer as my class is it like at level 10 I can become a bard.

Also is there anyway I can find out server pop because I think I joined a server that is kinda dead at lease in the archer starting zone lol.

also has anyone had any input lag/sound lag or client crashs.

10+ Year Old Account
    I picked a archer as my class is it like at level 10 I can become a bard.

Also is there anyway I can find out server pop because I think I joined a server that is kinda dead at lease in the archer starting zone lol.

also has anyone had any input lag/sound lag or client crashs.
    Alot of people don't go griddania server depending..And no you go bard at level 30 provided you also have a level 15 Pugilist..You will then get a quest at level 30 after finishing your 30 Archer quest if both classes meet the level requirement(30 Archer 15 Pugilist)..All jobs require the main class at 30 and a second at 15...BUT your bard and archer share the same level so say your archer hits 40 so is your bard and if your bard levels to 40 so is your archer. Pugilist will remain the same.

And minimal but the crashes do happen.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ateista View Post
    ceruleum. mnk.

i just moved to an overly less populated area (revenant's). though the xp isn't as good (when i actually get full credit...), at least i'm making 12k per fate, not fucking 7.
    Not too sure what you and I are doing differently ( I'm lvling a drg so I don't have access to many AOE abilities as well ),but I'm getting 15k per fate in cereuleum and 30-35k in go, go, gorgimera & the last phase of DD (think they only pop once per hr). Are you joining fate groups and making sure to be there relatively quickly after they (fates) pop?
    Last edited by Boreaz; 2013-10-08 at 11:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sorrior View Post
    Alot of people don't go griddania server depending..And no you go bard at level 30 provided you also have a level 15 Pugilist..You will then get a quest at level 30 after finishing your 30 Archer quest if both classes meet the level requirement(30 Archer 15 Pugilist)..All jobs require the main class at 30 and a second at 15...BUT your bard and archer share the same level so say your archer hits 40 so is your bard and if your bard levels to 40 so is your archer. Pugilist will remain the same.

The server I picked is behemoth US/EU and it just seems to me the archer starting zone is kinda dead. Also the gil spamming is annoying as hell even more so since I can't seem to figure out how to block/ignore them lol.

10+ Year Old Account

And just to expand on this a bit, it's usually a pretty good idea to level up your second class (for you that would be pug) once you've reached that 30 mark with your first as you get a 50% bonus to XP if your class is below the level of your highest class for FATEs, Guildleves, and monster kills.

- - - Updated - - -

The server I picked is behemoth US/EU and it just seems to me the archer starting zone is kinda dead. Also the gil spamming is annoying as hell even more so since I can't seem to figure out how to block/ignore them lol.
    First, welcome to behemoth, you're clearly an individual with outstanding taste. ;3
    As to the rest, I haven't really noticed a lack in the amount of people leveling in the arch/whm/lnc starting area but it just might having something to do with this being the sort of unofficial oceanic server (at least this is what I've heard from a few different FC members and random people in fate groups) and yes, those gil sellers are a nuisance. For every one you BL, it seems like two more takes it's place. x_X
    Last edited by Boreaz; 2013-10-08 at 11:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Boreaz View Post
    First, welcome to behemoth, you're clearly an individual with outstanding taste. ;3
    As to the rest, I haven't really noticed a lack in the amount of people leveling in the arch/whm/lnc starting area but it just might having something to do with this being the sort of unofficial oceanic server (at least this is what I've heard from a few different FC members and random people in fate groups) and yes, those gil sellers are a nuisance. For every one you BL, it seems like two more takes it's place. x_X
    Thanks lol ill try playing some more after these dam windows updates LOL.

also I think I was having some graphic problems from using the new beta drivers so I went back to the AMD 13.9 Drivers.

10+ Year Old Account
    Thanks lol ill try playing some more after these dam windows updates LOL.

also I think I was having some graphic problems from using the new beta drivers so I went back to the AMD 13.9 Drivers.

Some people BTW just go into chat settings and turn off shout...Until we need it LOL.

Some people BTW just go into chat settings and turn off shout...Until we need it LOL.
    Ya I was trying to figure out how to do that LOL.

ill mess with it once I get back on just waiting for these windows updates to end.

Also has anyone had a problem where it takes a NPC a few sec's to load pop in so you can turn in quests and stuff like quest texting takes a min to show up and u can't move because of this.

Edit: Really getting tired of my client randomly crashing mite leave it alone until after tomorrows maintenance.
    Last edited by Jtbrig7390; 2013-10-09 at 12:44 AM.

Deleted
    People who fail at Garuda confuse me. It's the most scripted fight I've ever done in my MMO life, but people still keep and keep on failing at the same exact mechanics they failed a wipe before.

It's both confusing and frustrating, she does the same exact things the same exact way with hardly no randomness at all, but people still fail at them. They still get killed by Mysthral voice. They still get hit by green tornados, they still don't focus green first even though it's marked and people are telling them to do it.

Just.
    Last edited by mmoc9f36a84b59; 2013-10-09 at 02:13 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Infighter View Post
    People who fail at Garuda confuse me. It's the most scripted fight I've ever done in my MMO life, but people still keep and keep on failing at the same exact mechanics they failed a wipe before.

It's both confusing and frustrating, she does the same exact things the same exact way with hardly no randomness at all, but people still fail at them. They still get killed by Mysthral voice. They still get hit by green tornados, they still don't focus green first even though it's marked and people are telling them to do it.

Just.
    Same here it's just ridiculous. YOU KNOW WHATS GOING TO HAPPEN NEXT FOR CHRIST SAKES!

If you know exactly what's going to happen, there's zero reason for you to fail, ever. Yet my group wiped 15 times because someone couldn't get behind a pillar, or they get hit by the incredibly avoidable aoe.

Me as a tank, I find this fight to be one of the easiest. But the DPS can't down mobs, and the healer keeps running into aoe. Oh joy.

I learned the entire fight in 2 wipes. That's how scripted it is.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by wombinator04 View Post
    Same here it's just ridiculous. YOU KNOW WHATS GOING TO HAPPEN NEXT FOR CHRIST SAKES!
    Exactly.

Like, I would understand people dying at the voice if she went to random directions (except not really because it takes forever to cast, but whatever benefit of doubt) BUT SHE GOES TO THE SAME EXACT PLACES EVERY SINGLE FIGHT SHE NEVER CHANGES THEM. How does someone die to that, I don't know.

I swear I find Garuda easier than Ifrit.

Quote Originally Posted by puppypizza View Post
    Here's another example of someone that found "the most efficient way of doing things":

http://i.imgur.com/NtnXAew.jpg

If this individual made his methods public and it were adopted by a majority of people playing the game, would that then make it acceptable also?
    I find it funny that this person's character is the absolute default. Nameday: First day of the first month. Guardian: Halone. Starting class: Archer. Hyur Midlander male. I'm willing to bet my 750k gill that this character was created solely to test the response of SE to xp exploits

http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodest...acter/5175984/

Notice though, that they have the CE mount and pet... I am interested in how they achieved that level of powerleveling... Rather... i thought XP was calculated server side... it's bad enough that apperently location is calculated client side... =\
    Quote Originally Posted by Winstonwolfe View Post
    In other words, he's worried about how sharp your bayonet is when you are firing RPG's.

Quote Originally Posted by Sandwrong View Post
    I find it funny that this person's character is the absolute default. Nameday: First day of the first month. Guardian: Halone. Starting class: Archer. Hyur Midlander male. I'm willing to bet my 750k gill that this character was created solely to test the response of SE to xp exploits

http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodest...acter/5175984/

Notice though, that they have the CE mount and pet... I am interested in how they achieved that level of powerleveling... Rather... i thought XP was calculated server side... it's bad enough that apperently location is calculated client side... =\
    I saw the image of him leveling from 20 to 50. But how did he do that? 0.o

Quote Originally Posted by mrpoker View Post
    I saw the image of him leveling from 20 to 50. But how did he do that? 0.o
    Idk, but Googling his name results in some pages with broken english saying something about an EXP hack... *shrug* Nuf said
    Quote Originally Posted by Winstonwolfe View Post
    In other words, he's worried about how sharp your bayonet is when you are firing RPG's.

10+ Year Old Account
    Say i might be looking for a new FC and would not necessarily be averse to server transfr when they come...Anyone need a warrior? Level 50 currently trying to down Chimera(i know the fight but i keep having people die on me...)...

So yeah my FC is great but basically dying.