10+ Year Old Account
    So, they finally implemented personal housing and only added 2 more wards.

Haha....

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    So, they finally implemented personal housing and only added 2 more wards.

Haha....
    I'm glad I wasn't very interested in it to begin with. I still want my own garden, but 4 million for a garden? Pass. I'm more interested in a personal room thing like the FC room that won't expire if you are inactive and doesn't take up a physical spot.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arkenaw View Post
    I'm glad I wasn't very interested in it to begin with. I still want my own garden, but 4 million for a garden? Pass. I'm more interested in a personal room thing like the FC room that won't expire if you are inactive and doesn't take up a physical spot.
    It's kind of amusing how your FC holds your chocobo progress and all of your stuff hostage.

Wait. Does that mean HeatherRae is my landlord now?
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/PizzaSHARK
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.
    Quote Originally Posted by SUH View Post
    Crissi the goddess of MMO, if i may. ./bow

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm pretty angry with the relic Nexus, the wording is incredibly confusing, but it sounds like a lazy extension of novus, using alexandrite I've been saving for ninja, but we'll see.

Edit: Oh, nevermind, the bottom paragraph means you can change the stats by starting over with a new scroll. Was totally confused.
    Last edited by Arkenaw; 2014-09-16 at 09:04 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    What's it mean by using a scroll to change stats?
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PizzaSHARK View Post
    What's it mean by using a scroll to change stats?
    Relic Novus is made by using materia to add whatever stats you want. They're making it so you can redo that step if you don't like your stats.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arkenaw View Post
    Relic Novus is made by using materia to add whatever stats you want. They're making it so you can redo that step if you don't like your stats.
    Everything I've heard is just pump determination into every slot for every class because determination is some kind of god-stat.

10+ Year Old Account
    Everything I've heard is just pump determination into every slot for every class because determination is some kind of god-stat.
    Stats in this game are capped.
    So you cannot go all out on det.

Friend and I pooled gil and got a house with a nice view.

I doubt that I can use his choco stable / gardening functions though.
    Last edited by Granyala; 2014-09-16 at 01:51 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    By Lieutenant Colonel Whiskers McBallofur Maximilliamus the Third
    “Snow can only live in the winter. When it nears a fire, it dies. That is its life. It may yearn for summer, but… it can only desire it. In my hand, the snow becomes water, because this is not its world….”
    “The boundless Heavens and Earth are the final resting place of all living things. Life is like a journey, filled with various scenery, various paths.

10+ Year Old Account
    Stats in this game are capped.
    So you cannot go all out on det.

Friend and I pooled gil and got a house with a nice view.

I doubt that I can use his choco stable / gardening functions though.
    You can't unless he bough it as a guild and you are in his guild. If he bought it individually, you are locked out of those functions.
    Tiriél US-Stormrage

Signature by Shyama

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by HeatherRae View Post
    You can't unless he bough it as a guild and you are in his guild. If he bought it individually, you are locked out of those functions.
    Well I can use the Choco stable of my FC.
    So if the coloring/training food isn't soulbound he can grow it for me.

I'm disappointed that solo housing is so expensive. I was really looking forward to it but now it seems that I'll be unlikely to afford it for quite some time. I was hoping that FFXIV would take a similar approach to Wildstar in that solo housing would be unlocked for everybody fairly easily but elaborate decorations and stuff would be the real gil sinks. I'm sure the next patch will make up for it, though - I can't wait to level a ninja!

10+ Year Old Account
    I really don't get all the QQ about the prices. 3-5 Mils is no problem in this game.

Price ain't the limiting factor.
    Availability of land (sold out 4hrs after the patch dropped) is.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Caesius Baelthar View Post
    I'm disappointed that solo housing is so expensive. I was really looking forward to it but now it seems that I'll be unlikely to afford it for quite some time. I was hoping that FFXIV would take a similar approach to Wildstar in that solo housing would be unlocked for everybody fairly easily but elaborate decorations and stuff would be the real gil sinks. I'm sure the next patch will make up for it, though - I can't wait to level a ninja!
    What's the point of it? If you've got an FC, just use their housing. Or does solo housing provide benefits that FC housing doesn't?

I really don't get all the QQ about the prices. 3-5 Mils is no problem in this game.

Price ain't the limiting factor.
    Availability of land (sold out 4hrs after the patch dropped) is.
    Must be a server space issue. I'm not really sure why they're having those problems when they're clearly making significant revenue from FF14, though; maybe the shiny pixels for the fucking awful haircuts in FF15 are sucking up all the excess funds.

10+ Year Old Account
    Must be a server space issue. I'm not really sure why they're having those problems when they're clearly making significant revenue from FF14, though; maybe the shiny pixels for the fucking awful haircuts in FF15 are sucking up all the excess funds.
    Yeah it's rather sad.
    But I think they still have much to recover from the FF XI disaster.
    Any modern day server should easily handle 100-200 wards.

What's the point of it? If you've got an FC, just use their housing. Or does solo housing provide benefits that FC housing doesn't?
    I'm not currently in a Free Company and I don't really like the idea of having to be in one to access content that could be taken away from me if something goes wrong or I don't click with the guild as much as I'd like.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm not currently in a Free Company and I don't really like the idea of having to be in one to access content that could be taken away from me if something goes wrong or I don't click with the guild as much as I'd like.
    I agree that tying personal quarters to fleeting guilds is.... uncomfortable at best. Esp if you sink millions of gil into the decor (I read that you cannot retrieve everything you put up).

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, it's a weird decision.

- - - Updated - - -

Paladins are so boring, and seem pretty weak relative to what Warriors bring to the table. They have a stun that lasts forever and has no cooldown, but it's on the GCD, while the Warr's Brutal Swing isn't. Cover is really good, but has a tiny range and only affects physical damage. Their PvP skills are neat - 50% damage reduction on a target for several seconds at long range - but Warrs basically get Rallying Cry from WoW, which evens things out pretty considerably (since both abilities are basically "oh shit" buttons to save the healer.)

I guess time invested into GLD isn't wasted, since I need lvl 34 to unlock Awareness, anyhow, but it just seems like Pallies are so much weaker and boring than Warrs ever since Warrs got buffed back in 2.1. Pallies have a boring 1-2-3 combo and not much else, while Warrs have multiple combos and buffs to juggle and maintain, and do a crapton more damage to boot.

10+ Year Old Account
    Pallys get less damage than warriors while warriors are better at AE tanking.

10+ Year Old Account
    The differences don't seem enormous... warriors actually have a lot of pure damage reduction with Vengeance and Inner Beast providing flat damage reduction, and Storm's Path reducing damage dealt by the enemy. Seems like block is the primary advantage pallies get now.

Just feels like pallies should make better use of the CNJ subclass they're required to have. Warrs make decent use of Second Wind and Featherfoot as defensive cooldowns, and Haymaker's great if enemies are vulnerable to Slowed. Pallies just really get only Stoneskin, and even then only if they're in a position to have time to cast it (offtanking.) Cure is worthless because of low Mind, Protect is useless because a WHM in the group has a better version of it, and Raise... well, if a pally has time and mana to cast Raise, something's gone wrong.