10+ Year Old Account
    Pretty sure downloads start on the 17th, not sure how maintenance affects downloading but I don't think it does.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tazila View Post
    Pretty sure downloads start on the 17th, not sure how maintenance affects downloading but I don't think it does.
    I hope so, but is there a source for that? No patch has ever been available before its maintenance. (I didn't get into ARR until a few days after launch so not sure how that worked.)

Deleted
    I'm getting digital PS4 version from eu store, and they are putting it on sale on the 19, so no pre dowload or anything. That sucks but whatever at least I wont experience server crashes or other 0 hour atractions

10+ Year Old Account
    Well I guess I misread but I'm going to assume if PS3 can pre-download on the 17th then so can PC.

"PlayStation®3 / PlayStation®4 (PSN download version)
    After pre-ordering from PlayStation Store, you will be prompted to enable automatic downloads to have the game pre-loaded on your console starting June 17, 2015. The Heavensward software will be available for pre-load two days before Early Access begins and will automatically download to your PS3/PS4 if automatic downloads are enabled. (Click here to learn how to enable pre-loading on PS3/PS4.)"

For PC it says:

"Windows/Steam users

Users who have registered their early access codes and are currently playing FINAL FANTASY XIV: A Realm Reborn will have their game client updated automatically as we near early access and will not need to download a separate client. Users who do not have the FINAL FANTASY XIV: A Realm Reborn client can download it here."

And for physical PS3/PS4:

"PlayStation®3 / PlayStation®4 (physical package version)
    After registering the pre-order promotion code*, you will be prompted to download the client from PlayStation Store. * This is scheduled to be delivered before the start of early access.
    (http://sqex.to/ffxiv_client_en)"

All found here : http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodest...723b86c22fee5f

It's under "Regarding the Early Access game client"

I'm going to safely assume that all downloads will have ample time before early access since every one of them says it will be before early access. I'm assuming at the earliest everyone gets it on the 17th, the latest will be download on the 18th. I don't think they'll give a date for PC since they're expecting people to be logging in anyways.

I also vaguely remembering that there was a pre-download for launch as we all logged in the second we could. Played with about 9 other friends and we had everything prepped to go.
    Last edited by Tazila; 2015-06-10 at 05:13 PM.

They're doing an illustration countdown to General Release.

So, this is kind of a dangerous comment to say, but has anyone noticed that what Blizz is doing with flying is kind of what HW is going to be doing except to a complete extreme?

I mean, I know it's always been Blizzard's thing to take idea from other games and innovate them even more, but they haven't even waited for it to come out yet.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nara Numas View Post
    So, this is kind of a dangerous comment to say, but has anyone noticed that what Blizz is doing with flying is kind of what HW is going to be doing except to a complete extreme?

I mean, I know it's always been Blizzard's thing to take idea from other games and innovate them even more, but they haven't even waited for it to come out yet.
    Lots of people complaining about lack of flying in that game. Many players who want flying in their game and see it being one of the highlights in Heavensward are jumping ship and Blizzard don't like it I guess.

Looks like impulsive decision to cover sub loses I think.

So now that ive been playing for a month Ish im starting to notice things, I thought id bring up.

DPS skill disparity is huge. After tanking as many dungeons as I have (All I have left is stone vigil Hard, Tam tara Hard, Hatali High, and a ????? that I havent unlocked yet, I think its story as I just killed Ramhuh) I can geta feel for if DPS is strong or poor. I had a level 50 BLM tell me that BLM's have bad aoe which is fun. I cant identify visually if a persons gear is good or not, generally its a determine thing by whether or not I use shield oath or sword oath to hold threat and not die or take to much damage.

Tanks can be treated pretty poorly in this game, but my friend tells me that alot of tanks are elitst peeps who arent actually that good. So im assuming that my vision of tanks is clouded as Ive never played a non tank. I need to play another class and see how it is, though im dreading the hour plus dps que's

Dungeons in this game are much easier than wows, but way less forgiving. Its not usually gear that gets you so much as a person not dodging a mechanic. I litterally sigh now when I get Arum Vale for my low level, as its probably the worst dungeon in the game.

95% of the people im meeting in the hardmodes are a blessing. There willing to work with you, tell you mechanics ( all I need is a "Keep the boss centered and dodge zombies for Example) but I notice that every once in a while I get the guy who thinks hes gods given grace to the game. I wish I knew how to mute these players.

I found a good FC, with a incredible group of folks who while never having time to que with me for dungeons will answer questions and help me with crafting stuff for dailies and the like. I know all this stuff is pretty basic, but what im gonna do is wait for a little bit at max, and see how they act in the xpac. Ive leanred alot from them and im just assuming its dungeon burnout.

I'm not 50 yet, so I haven't unlocked the ability to use glamours yet, but I have a question if someone doesn't mind answering.

If you take an undyeable piece of gear and glamour it onto something else, can it then be dyed?

Quote Originally Posted by Sgtkreoss View Post
    Dungeons in this game are much easier than wows, but way less forgiving. Its not usually gear that gets you so much as a person not dodging a mechanic. I litterally sigh now when I get Arum Vale for my low level, as its probably the worst dungeon in the game.
    Aurum Vale is easy, wait for hard Sastasha and Ampdapor Keep, also last evening i got Titan on low lvl roulette with my lv35 monk and wiped hard several times before ragequitting...
    You think you do, but you don't ©
    Rogues are fine ©
    We're pretty happy with rogues ©
    Haste will fix it ©

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Forumchibi View Post
    I'm not 50 yet, so I haven't unlocked the ability to use glamours yet, but I have a question if someone doesn't mind answering.

If you take an undyeable piece of gear and glamour it onto something else, can it then be dyed?
    no /10chars

Quote Originally Posted by Time Sage View Post
    no /10chars
    I figured that'd be the case, darn... oh well. Thanks for the reply Most of the undyeable gear is pretty great as is anyway, so it's not a huge deal at least.

Quote Originally Posted by D3athsting View Post
    Aurum Vale is easy, wait for hard Sastasha and Ampdapor Keep, also last evening i got Titan on low lvl roulette with my lv35 monk and wiped hard several times before ragequitting...
    I found satsasha Hard to be very easy. The last boss was hard The first time cause absolutly no one would tell me what was going on. I dont know if ive done amphador keep yet, but No hardmode or anything was hard. I think I only wiped once on Kraken in satsasha hard, and once on cactaur boss in Quarn hard.

Quote Originally Posted by Nara Numas View Post
    We have our launch maintenance times now. Assuming nothing catastrophic happens that makes them extend it, it will be from 2AM PDT on the 18th to 2AM PDT on the 19th, so a full 24 hours before EA
    Quote Originally Posted by Ilir View Post
    Meh they better let us download the game early...
    ^ This. So much this. I do not want to d/l the game at the exact same time as 2 million other people, unless I have plenty of time

Quote Originally Posted by Tazila View Post
    I assumed so too, but I have no idea how you can download the game before they have it up on the servers. I'm now scared that when people translated "download the client early" they meant "the launcher". Getting scared.

Quote Originally Posted by Sgtkreoss View Post
    I know all this stuff is pretty basic, but what im gonna do is wait for a little bit at max, and see how they act in the xpac.
    See how they act a month AFTER the xpac. People in dungeons will be nicer, since everyone is learning... but people overall will be more toxic. If they feel like their class is under-performing, or they didn't get the feature they want. This forum, general chat, the official forums... they are going to be filled with "F this shit, I quit". You know... Like every expansion in any game ever.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aurimas View Post
    I assumed so too, but I have no idea how you can download the game before they have it up on the servers. I'm now scared that when people translated "download the client early" they meant "the launcher". Getting scared.

If your account is flagged for the early release the game itself should patch into the client. The client IS the launcher and the launcher is not changing. "game client updated automatically as we near early access and will not need to download a separate client." What should happen is when you go to log on, say on the 17th or the 18th, it should just sautomatically start downloading like it would a patch instead of going to the play button.

We were able to download the game before it was up on release.

Most games now allow for pre-loading for instant log in apon the "opening" at midnight/whatever time it's considered available. WoW does it as most of us have already downloaded patch 6.2 that doesn't come out til the 23rd. FF did it for release. The download server and the game servers are two seperate things, just because you've downloaded the game doesn't mean you can actually log on.
    Last edited by Tazila; 2015-06-11 at 06:02 PM.

Hello! Me and few friends have decided to pick up this game, and we're absolutely loving it. Only thing is, we've heard through the grapevine that our choice in server was not the best. We're looking for someplace with great raid progression, so I was wondering if anyone here had some suggestions? An NA server is what we're looking for.

Deleted
    Sounds like you want Gilgamesh :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deylana View Post
    Sounds like you want Gilgamesh :P
    If you can even get om..I have heard my server adamantoise is decent

Ooh, I hadn't thought of that. A server being overcrowded... Hrm. Maybe a decent server might be best.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Uncertain Tea View Post
    Ooh, I hadn't thought of that. A server being overcrowded... Hrm. Maybe a decent server might be best.
    Lol yeah gilgamesh is notorious for being locked