10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    Healer Life: Go to FATE. Heal someone. Get 50 adds on you. Spend entire fate kiting or dead because no one pays attention to adds once they're off of them. Listen to some jackass in shout ask, "Where are the heals?" or "rez plz" "rez plz" "rez plz" "rez plz" "rez plz"

Screw you guys. :P
    If you find a party it's a lot more fun.
    Tiriél US-Stormrage

Signature by Shyama

About the, "Leg Sweep: Use on cooldown, full stop" thing...do make sure that the target in question doesn't need to be stunned at some particular time or something before doing this.
    Yeah. It's usually useless during boss fights (so feel free to use it whenever it's available) but during trash pulls it's incredibly useful - especially if it's used to prevent a particular enemy from using their hardest hitting ability.

Stood in the Fire Lisa Frank Succubus's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Healer Life: Go to FATE. Heal someone. Get 50 adds on you. Spend entire fate kiting or dead because no one pays attention to adds once they're off of them. Listen to some jackass in shout ask, "Where are the heals?" or "rez plz" "rez plz" "rez plz" "rez plz" "rez plz"

Screw you guys. :P
    This is why I just tab target aero on everything and run around like a headless chicken until a new FATE pops up on the same map when l level my white mage. . I do like to help out random people but the exact same thing usually happens to me that you described if its one of those kill X monster FATEs where they respawn super fast and tend to mob you.

If I'm actually in a FATE group I do my best to actually be helpful though.
    Last edited by Lisa Frank Succubus; 2015-08-04 at 06:57 AM.

Deleted
    Woo finally those 990 esoterics for weapon today, yeah! Which is kinda useless anyway atm since I'm spending majority of time doing old content. My main goal atm is to get all jobs to 50 and don't go more than 5 levels ahead on one. It's pretty fun running dungeons on all those specs (yeah I'm doing this oldschool by dungeon grinding ).
    For the first time since I'm playing this game I tried pvp, lol better late than ever, nice esoterics bonus for frontlines roulette sold it to me + I want this gear for glamour. I must say I'm pretty happy with my GC, Flames won 7 out of 8 games I did so far, one win was especially priceless because it was amazing comeback from rock bottom.

Deleted
    I hit 60 on my Paladin a few days ago. Could have ripped my hair out over Dungeon farming though, Tank drops were extremely uncommon, with me only getting a Neck, a Ring and my Wrists while i grabbed Law gear. Then, of course, the items i bought started dropping as soon as i got them. Though not like immediately, in the rare occassion they dropped they would be something i didn't need. Right until the last boss that would give me law for my leggings. The Coffer before it dropped the leggings. Now i just need to replace my neckpiece for full ilvl 170+ gear.

Now i just need to level my other two tanks, atleast i don't have to grind the dungeons for their gear. I have both their 160 weapons in a retainer.

Quote Originally Posted by Szekely View Post
    I hit 60 on my Paladin a few days ago. Could have ripped my hair out over Dungeon farming though, Tank drops were extremely uncommon, with me only getting a Neck, a Ring and my Wrists while i grabbed Law gear. Then, of course, the items i bought started dropping as soon as i got them. Though not like immediately, in the rare occassion they dropped they would be something i didn't need. Right until the last boss that would give me law for my leggings. The Coffer before it dropped the leggings. Now i just need to replace my neckpiece for full ilvl 170+ gear.

Now i just need to level my other two tanks, atleast i don't have to grind the dungeons for their gear. I have both their 160 weapons in a retainer.
    I have the complete opposite atm I just started leveling a tank still a little lv 17 here :P but my retainers are already full with pieces of lv 50 to 60 tanking gear
    got quite a bit of Archer gear as well I had to drop the lancer/smn and nin gear for seals simply because my retainers could not handle it :P

I am not sure if your pally is your first character? for me my main is a white mage so while leveling and gearing my my healer I simply got and kept most of the extra gear during my daily roulette's its always nice to see most people don't even give a damn about the dungeon gear any way during roulette so free gear for me :P

If and when support for the PS3 is dropped then they'll be able to increase the size of the armoury chest to better accommodate players who invest in multiple classes for the same character. I can't wait until that happens - especially since as a role-player I have to juggle the addition of yet more gear being stowed away in my armoury chest.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    So I fired the game back up to give couch play a go...feels pretty good so far. Definitely a learning curve, but the most well planned and supported controller setup I've seen yet. Something about hearing that music fire up and seeing the world again...ahh, so relaxing.
    BAD WOLF

563.25 MB download from the hotfixes and infrastructure maintenance when usually it's not more than a few MB. Wonder what required a half-gig patch?

10+ Year Old Account
    Congregation of Our Knights Most Heavenly
    Quote Originally Posted by Aberrict View Post

How to Dragoon: A Visual Guide.
    Thanks so much for this. Have a question though, on the Life Surge icon it says "Use on cooldown, but only a space marked with a bold arrow". What bold arrow? ><

Heh. Just entered a PvP match and 6/8 players in my party - myself included - were tanks.

Went ahead and bought the base game yesterday for $20. I'm at level 22, but seems like every quest is in the level 15-17 area. I just did the Copperbell Mines dungeon/quest, and the quest after it is level 17 as well. Am I just overleveled or do I have to go out and travel to somewhere I have not yet visited to get quests of my level?

10+ Year Old Account
    Sounds like you got a bit over leveled, it can happen if you're doing EVERY quest and almost every FATE you run across. My friend who's new to the game had the same issue, I'd say around like level 25 he started to just focus on story quests and then do quests that were around the story quest but wouldn't go out of his way to do extra unless he hit a level block. Pretty sure he's pretty even in levels and quests now.

Quote Originally Posted by FobManX View Post
    Went ahead and bought the base game yesterday for $20. I'm at level 22, but seems like every quest is in the level 15-17 area. I just did the Copperbell Mines dungeon/quest, and the quest after it is level 17 as well. Am I just overleveled or do I have to go out and travel to somewhere I have not yet visited to get quests of my level?
    You probably want to just do the main sequence quest as they boosted the xp for this and it will get you to 50 pretty much on its own. Leave side quests for leveling other classes.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Early on, you easily outlevel things, especially since they buffed the story quest exp. If you stick to only main story quests, the quest levels will catch up to your character's level quickly. (Main story quests are the ones with a flame-y icon)

Okay thanks. Whats the main quest after the one where you travel to the other two cities? Or is there a site where I can look up the order of main quests?

Okay thanks. Whats the main quest after the one where you travel to the other two cities? Or is there a site where I can look up the order of main quests?
    MSQs icon looks different from regular quests. Like it's on fire. If you don't have one in your log:
    http://ffxiv.gamerescape.com/wiki/Ca...Scenario_Quest

Quote Originally Posted by Lathais View Post
    MSQs icon looks different from regular quests. Like it's on fire. If you don't have one in your log:
    http://ffxiv.gamerescape.com/wiki/Ca...Scenario_Quest
    Thanks man. Looking at that, looks like I'm on the right track, the dungeon quests were part of the MSQ(pretty cool actually that they integrate them into the story). I just happened to be overleveled because of all the side quests/fates I was also doing.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by arisoh View Post
    Thanks so much for this. Have a question though, on the Life Surge icon it says "Use on cooldown, but only a space marked with a bold arrow". What bold arrow? ><
    The bold arrows before fang & claw/wheeling thrust. So for opening rotation you use Life Surge before you use Full Thrust, but after that you'll end up using it before Fang & Claw or Wheeling thrust.

Quote Originally Posted by Scufflegrit View Post
    563.25 MB download from the hotfixes and infrastructure maintenance when usually it's not more than a few MB. Wonder what required a half-gig patch?
    Moonfire Faire holiday event prep. To soon for 3.1 stuff.