Poll: Left handed or right?

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Maruka View Post
    I forgot to mention shooting most guns as a leftie sucks. You can buy left handed guns but they tend to be a bit rare and expensive!!!
    Depends on what gun you want really: if you have a revolver, it's possible to use it.

10+ Year Old Account
    I forgot to mention shooting most guns as a leftie sucks. You can buy left handed guns but they tend to be a bit rare and expensive!!!
    Not really, there are quite a lot of ambidextrous and leftie guns out there. If you're looking for a leftie AR-15 Stag Arms, one of the best companies around, makes a left handed version of all their ARs, including the new Model 8 gas piston for only $1,100... and it comes with a lifetime warranty (compare that to the $2,000-$3,000 price tag for gas piston ARs from companies like S&W)

The H&K USP Pistols have ambidextrous mag releases stock.
    The FNP-45 Tac is fully ambidextrous, with mag release and slide release on both sides.

I'm ambidextrous to an extent (left for fine control right for strength). So I write with my left, throw things, golfswing etc with the right. There is some legitimacy to left handedness contributing to creative blah blah blah. Most of my art professors have noted that many of their male professional peers are lefties. Who knows. Righties will never experience the left hand covered in pencil graphite after those pesky high school essays

Most of the UK Royal Family are left handed.
    Most of the UK Royal Family are inbred.

Saying no more. :P

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Schattenlied View Post
    Why is there no Ambidextrous option? We do exist you know >.>
    So you can do everything with both hands? I don't believe that.

I'm mainly left-handed but do a lot of things with both hands and some 1-2 things only with my right hand.
    To continue the amidextrous thought...when I used to still play football (soccer for the strange people) I had no problems kicking/aiming with both feet while a lot of players can't do that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Born left handed, raised as a right handed.
    I write with my right hand, I use the scissors with my right hand (I want to buy a pair left hand scissors, but I am just too lazy to do such an act) and such.
    I generally use my leftern hand for.. Pretty much everything else. Yes, for like slicing bread or hammer (nail?) som planks.

But here comes the funny thing: My cousin (my father's brother's kid) is actually right handed, but he write with his left hand.

Pretty much, me and my cousin are more or less ambidextrious.

Deleted
    What kind of battle are we having? 'Cause if its a battle to see which of our two armies can best assault a castle, I know who won't be winning.
    (Fun fact, shadow fang keep seems to have been designed with the convenience of right handed attackers in mind. How thoughtful of blizz to make a structure designed to be attacked.)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dahmer View Post
    So you can do everything with both hands? I don't believe that.

I'm mainly left-handed but do a lot of things with both hands and some 1-2 things only with my right hand.
    To continue the amidextrous thought...when I used to still play football (soccer for the strange people) I had no problems kicking/aiming with both feet while a lot of players can't do that.
    The only thing I can't do right handed is write, only because I have not bothered to take the time to teach myself how... But I can shoot bow&arrow both left and right handed, I can shoot rifles and pistols with both, I can throw with both, I can even fight with a melee weapon both left and right handed very well.
    Last edited by Schattenlied; 2011-11-04 at 06:51 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Schattenlied View Post
    Not really, there are quite a lot of ambidextrous and leftie guns out there. If you're looking for a leftie AR-15 Stag Arms, one of the best companies around, makes a left handed version of all their ARs, including the new Model 8 gas piston for only $1,100... and it comes with a lifetime warranty (compare that to the $2,000-$3,000 price tag for gas piston ARs from companies like S&W)

The H&K USP Pistols have ambidextrous mag releases stock.
    The FNP-45 Tac is fully ambidextrous, with mag release and slide release on both sides.
    sorry let me be more specific. for the average canadian citizen that cant buy restricted fire arms in our country. i forgot some places you can go to the gas station and buy guns.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm left handed, and scissors are my mortal enemy.

One interesting fun fact about myself is, I use my mouse with my right hand. I CANT use a mouse with my left hand.

Quote Originally Posted by Xindi View Post
    What kind of battle are we having? 'Cause if its a battle to see which of our two armies can best assault a castle, I know who won't be winning.
    (Fun fact, shadow fang keep seems to have been designed with the convenience of right handed attackers in mind. How thoughtful of blizz to make a structure designed to be attacked.)
    Don't hate on the thread name ey made it more interesting. Also, I've heard that left handed use the left side of the brain better (like sewing sports social aspects.) and right handed use the right part of the brain better (mathmetics remembering stuff etc.)
    This can't really be proven can it?
    Of course it's not a fact

Deleted
    Right hand with the mouse. Rest is ALL left handed apart from writing. X_x

10+ Year Old Account
    sorry let me be more specific. for the average canadian citizen that cant buy restricted fire arms in our country. i forgot some places you can go to the gas station and buy guns.
    You must be sorely misinformed then, because nowhere in the US can you get a gun at a gas station, let alone in California where I live where firearms are not 'easy' to get and have to conform to stupid safety protocols... Anyways, the H&K handguns and the FNP .45 are not illegal in Canada, handguns just have to meet certain specifications. They are not chambered in calibers restricted in Canada(.25 and .32) and they have a barrel length of 4.41'in(112mm) and 4.5'in(114mm), which is within the legal limit (110mm length is minimum). They both also come with 10 round magazines where hi-cap mags are restricted, like in Canada.

The Stag AR-15 is 32.5-35.5 inches long (minimum rifle length in Canada is 26 inches), and magazines that carry only 5 or 10 rounds are easily available, putting it well within the legal limit as well. It is a restricted firearm, not prohibited... This means you just need to pass a restricted firearms safety test and apply for a Possession and Acquisition License. 28 days later you can have an AR-15.
    Last edited by Schattenlied; 2011-11-05 at 12:13 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Working on being ambidextrous...
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

Deleted
    well, im both =)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ihatepeople View Post
    i'm actually ambidextrous, but my actual natural dominant hand is my left hand. It was a little difficult growing up, having to use right handed scissors and such...but i still wouldn't change it, it's nice being a little different.
    My grandfather is kinda the same, since he's so old the left hand were considered "dirty" and by that he was forced to be right-handed... Kinda cool to be able to use both hands, but what is really cool is that he can write simultaneusly with boths hands... The cool part is that he can write different things with each hand, and it both texts look as good as the other (: I've got no idea how he does it, but I really envy him for it!

Quote Originally Posted by StenchSlash View Post
    I'm left handed, and scissors are my mortal enemy.

One interesting fun fact about myself is, I use my mouse with my right hand. I CANT use a mouse with my left hand.
    same here !!

i tryed mouse in the right hand imposibble for me ^^

Pandaren Monk
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gemini Sunrise View Post
    The human population, yes. We are talking about a SAMPLE of humans.
    It will never be accurate either way. In a question like this the minority will be more likely to take the poll. When you see this thread pop up as a left handed person you might think "oh well I'm a left handed person, I'm supposed to be quite rare, I should vote" and a right handed person is probably more likely to look past it. Anyway... the poll is missing an ambidextrous option. I'm right handed.

Left-handed. All I know is it's probably why my handwriting is atrocious-looking. And why a ton of lead/ink end up on the side of my hand.

(I also use a mouse with my right hand, not possible with my left. It's weird.)

Deleted
    Right, ive never met a left handed person that i know of. didnt know a single one in school or college. i cant do anything with my left hand at all apart from type, its just so useless.