Question Separate Class Power Bars (Need Help)

Hello,
    for some time I have been trying to separate the original Blizzard Class Power Bars (e.g. Warlock Shards) from the PlayerFrame to use them in conjunction with Shadowed Unit Frames.

I've already tried to get some help on the official forums but to no avail.

Since the bars are hidden when their parent is hidden (PlayerFrame), I have been trying to change the parent to something else before the PlayerFrame gets hidden.

If I change it to the SUF Player frame or a newly created frame I get an empty Bar texture and nothing else.
    If I change it to UIParent I get a correctly filled bar, but it doesn't update on changes.

Example Code:
    Code:
    WarlockPowerFrame:SetParent(UIParent);

The only addon I know has the original Frames is Perl Classic Unit Frames. So I have tried to look at it's code and it seems like it does also change the parent and attach it to it's own frame. But it's working there and I don't know why.

After trying to get this done for such a long time I have reached my limit and now I'm out of ideas on what to do.

Can anyone help me get this done?

It's more than likely due to Shadowed Unit Frames possibly hiding the class resource bars itself whereas Perl doesn't. You could sift through SUF code to look for where it interacts with class resources and then alter it to your needs.
    AddOns: Tim @ WoWInterface
    Battle Tag: Mysterio#11164
    Current PC Setup: PCPartPicker List

Thanks for the reply.

This is what I am trying right now. But even with SUF not hidding any blizzard frames anymore it won't work.
    I even deactivated SUF for a time and tried changing the parent of the resources without even hidding the PlayerFrame - but still the same behavior as described above.
    (either empty bar or not updating)

Maybe it has to do with the attributes of the object that is assigned as a parent. But copying Perls container didn't seem to change the situation either.