Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Skyrim - buy on Steam or a disk?

Says it in the title. Should i buy it on Steam or on a disk? Are there any major advantages or disadvantages to one or the other?
    "English doesn't so much borrow words from other languages as follows them into a dark alley, hits them over the head and goes through their pockets for loose vocabulary."

Price and if you want any of the physical items that come with purchasing the game. Regardless of which way you but the game it will still use Steam.

I'm getting it from ebgames because they have a nice embossed notebook with it and the cloth map.
    3DS Friend Code: 2165 - 5428 - 1895

get the one that sells at a cheaper price

Deleted
    Pirating bad!
    Last edited by conscript; 2011-11-07 at 04:13 PM.

Deleted
    Ill prob just buy on steam but i hate their "You cant unlock this game until its available to everyone in the world first" policy, i guess it also applys to when you put the CD code into steam.

Yeah but with the Skyrim launch it should be released on steam the moment it hits midnight for where you live, atleast it is with AU.

I have to get it in its physical form, mainly do to the fact that some games want to crash and not work with my drivers sometimes.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by undead9 View Post
    Yeah but with the Skyrim launch it should be released on steam the moment it hits midnight for where you live, atleast it is with AU.
    Nah they normally make you wait, or atleast till it hits US timezone e.g Mw3 been unlocked at 10am GMT for me.

No they said with Skyrim that it will come out midnight no matter where you are, the developers and steam said on their twitter account/forum

buy it on steam if u wanna be lazy otherwise buy the disk imo

i got it on steam btw

Deleted
    steam when its at least 50% off.

Deleted
    I guess Steam.
    Last edited by conscript; 2011-11-07 at 04:12 PM.

Or not, piracy is bad mmk.

Deleted
    < pirating is bad, don't promote it here >
    Last edited by llDemonll; 2011-11-07 at 04:13 PM.

I wouldn't go around saying that, don't want to get an infraction.

I found a store with a free update to special edition (not collector) with the map included, hence i got the disk preordered.
    If u cant find a decend deal, price or content wise, and have a decend internet connection go for steam all the way.
    Steam means the developers get more money out of it.
    (E) .· ` ' / ·. (F)
    Ur Tears Fuel Me.
    QQ More Please

10+ Year Old Account
    I personally am getting it on Disc, costs £34.99 on steam, whereas I can get it for £20.00 at GAME (Plus a 70p Bus journey) And I am pretty sure it is a steam game even when you purchase it on disc so you still play it through steam. So really the only advantage of steam is you will get it earlier, and a disc would be cheaper. They are the only 2 differences.

Steam and disk unlock at the same time, unless you don't go to the midnight launch ofc.

going to be buying it on retailers. since i live with 92others using same internet so better just buy installation dvd.