Page 51 of 89 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    So I got a new videocard yesterday. The emissive lighting setting is pretty cool.

There's tiers in gear now, rather than frame to frame. I must hear the "why can't I equip my T2 whatever" question twice a minute :P.
    ~ flarecde
    Reality is nothing; Perception is everything.

Deleted
    Seems like i've got some catching up to do on the game lol. Really getting curious about the crafting and stuff.. Engineer role seems nice aswell. Gonna watch some more vids :P How's the PvP? Since PvE lags a bit apparently right now

Quote Originally Posted by Mones View Post
    Seems like i've got some catching up to do on the game lol. Really getting curious about the crafting and stuff.. Engineer role seems nice aswell. Gonna watch some more vids :P How's the PvP? Since PvE lags a bit apparently right now
    I haven't tried the pvp since the patch.
    But the good news is that tigerclaw is no longer the ultimate pvp frame.
    So, that's a plus.
    (Warframe) - Dragon & Typhoon-
    (Neverwinter) - Trickster Rogue & Guardian Fighter -

Deleted
    The PvP and PvE sure looks like fun, though i doubt it's going to be a real e-sport comp as they claim on their website.

A natural extension of our combat system was to create an array of e-Sports PvP maps, where teams can compete on ladders and in our planned 2013 tournament schedule complete with a 1 million dollar prize pool.

The PvP and PvE sure looks like fun, though i doubt it's going to be a real e-sport comp as they claim on their website.
    You might end up surprised.
    They delinked PVP from PVE entirely. You can't use any crafted gear in pvp so it's all stock. They also delinked abilities in the pvp versions of your suits so they can nerf any ability they want without impacting the rest of the game.
    They have complete control over your characters power in PVP.

Deleted
    Ahh, wish they had done that in WoW too, LOL! The PvP damage/healing got ripped apart due to adding stronger and stronger mobs to keep you playing. That's actually really nice! I see you gave up on that game aswell, coincidence at the time when Firefall beta started?

Hopefully the dev won't abandon the community, and not ending up on the pile of Age of Conan, Aion, Warhammer Online, Tera, etc

Ahh, wish they had done that in WoW too, LOL! The PvP damage/healing got ripped apart due to adding stronger and stronger mobs to keep you playing. That's actually really nice! I see you gave up on that game aswell, coincidence at the time when Firefall beta started?

Hopefully the dev won't abandon the community, and not ending up on the pile of Age of Conan, Aion, Warhammer Online, Tera, etc
    Well, the difference between this dev team and, probably, any other dev team you have encountered is... They go out of their way to talk to you. Not 'their fans' but actually to YOU.

For example, every friday they take phone calls and questions from twitch chat on their podcast. Last friday I asked them about air sprint and they were like "yeah, it should be space bar and shift on the test server" and I misunderstood and thought they meant OUR beta test realm, not alpha (which is running side by side with beta). So I posted about it on the boards where we were having a discussion about it and I was like "turns out shift sparking air sprint is a bug" and within an hour he had come to clarify that the shift + space bar thing was on the OTHER test server.
    So that's TWO dev interactions in ONE day.

Also, they are doing a soft launch so they are going to be building their community slowly rather than a boom / bust and in doing so, they've really formed a pretty close bond to their players.
    For example, showing up on guild vents to ask for feedback, input, and ideas.

Also, we are in a beta during the like 3rd year of development. Most MMOs start their beta in the 4.5th. So, they will be shaping the game to fit us as it gets "completed" rather than presenting us with a product that's 99% complete and then finding out we don't like it and jumping ship and blaming it on EA. (although, I do blame EA as well as them)

Deleted
    I think that's a real improvement in the whole MMO section. I don't think there is any well played MMO that has sort of the same function as that. I'm really curious how its gonna work out If blizzard had implemented such a thing in WoW I would probably still enjoy playing my frost mage in PVP and fire in PVE instead of you being forced to play the 'best' spec.

Deleted
    That's the kind of passion a dev needs for their game. Now you mention it, i've heard about the game a couple of months/years back but never really got my attention back then. I suppose it wasn't hyped up enough for the major playerbase (including me) to get the attention.

A couple of days ago i came across this game again on this forum, while looking for a nice game to play. And this time it really caught my attention. This also creates a more steady community indeed, slowly expanding instead of telling the community after 4 years keeping it in the dark "So how do you guys like it?". Really hope this is going to be a game that keeps you playing for a long time, the hopping around in games gets me tired But hearing that you are already playing for 6+ months is nice to hear!

That's the kind of passion a dev needs for their game. Now you mention it, i've heard about the game a couple of months/years back but never really got my attention back then. I suppose it wasn't hyped up enough for the major playerbase (including me) to get the attention.

A couple of days ago i came across this game again on this forum, while looking for a nice game to play. And this time it really caught my attention. This also creates a more steady community indeed, slowly expanding instead of telling the community after 4 years keeping it in the dark "So how do you guys like it?". Really hope this is going to be a game that keeps you playing for a long time, the hopping around in games gets me tired But hearing that you are already playing for 6+ months is nice to hear!
    They got caught in some legal malarkey a while back, forget about what at this point, but they won the case and proceeded with their game.
    A lot of people lost interest when they were stuck in the courts which, while it does suck, killed the hype which might have been a very very good thing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Guys , just to clear something alot of you don't seem to know. You do NOT need someones E-Mail to send them an invite.
    Just leave the white box blank, hit generate invite or whatever, and then you'll be fowarded to your beta invite list, and a key will appear there for you to give someone. It doesn't spend an invite until someone actually uses said key, and you can revoke that generated key if the person you've given it to doesnt use it.
    While you do get to know the peoples e-mail they register once they put in their key, it saves you alot of trouble with "can't send my e-mail because i can't send PMs cause not enough posts" thing. Just PM however asks for one. =p

So i think i finally figured out wtf Smoke Screen does in the Nighthawk. It removes you from the Sin , so its sorta like a Vanish at long ranges (since enemies will still see you up close , making it useless). I suppose its so you can proc that passive which buffs your first shot when not on the Sin (when you engage). So this is sorta to keep that passive useful , after engaging a group of enemies.
    Kinda digging the Nighthawk , but will still buy the Raptor, then change Sin Scrambler for Decoy, the plating to the Accord Recon Regenerative one, and the secondary weapon to a Grenade Launcher and im set, Single target, AoE, Survivability (Decoy, Teleport Beacon, Accord Plating) and group utility, via Overcharge. Plus the Raptor frame has some sweet looks and the Nighthawk is meh.
    Last edited by Razael; 2013-04-03 at 01:02 AM.

I think we've found out why Oilspill's thumpers keep crashing!
    Brody is making people fill them past 100%

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by hk-51 View Post
    I think we've found out why Oilspill's thumpers keep crashing!
    Brody is making people fill them past 100%
    Brody is getting annoying at this point lol

Quote Originally Posted by Mirve View Post
    Brody is getting annoying at this point lol
    http://www.firefallthegame.com/commu....88400/page-11

probably the best thread ever.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirve View Post
    Guys , just to clear something alot of you don't seem to know. You do NOT need someones E-Mail to send them an invite.
    Just leave the white box blank, hit generate invite or whatever, and then you'll be fowarded to your beta invite list, and a key will appear there for you to give someone. It doesn't spend an invite until someone actually uses said key, and you can revoke that generated key if the person you've given it to doesnt use it.
    While you do get to know the peoples e-mail they register once they put in their key, it saves you alot of trouble with "can't send my e-mail because i can't send PMs cause not enough posts" thing. Just PM however asks for one. =p.
    Lol! Oh well, it isn't so bad talking here with you guys
    Btw, are there any different servers in this game? If so, what server do you recommend? PS. I'm in the EU, not sure if that matters

Lol! Oh well, it isn't so bad talking here with you guys
    Btw, are there any different servers in this game? If so, what server do you recommend? PS. I'm in the EU, not sure if that matters
    there arent different servers, it groups a certain amount of people into an open world 'server' at a time so as not to overload one of course, but sort of like CRZ in wow, as soon as you join a party with someone they're phased to the same server as you. I'm not sure if EU is separate from US or not though.

I'm not going to comment much about the game atm cuz i havent been playing lately (I wrote the beginning part of the OP (the SS with medli are me)) but I can confidently say that Firefall is the best-looking aesthetically of any massively multiplayer game available in north america at this time. God, it makes me sad that I still play world of warcraft whenever I think about firefall...

If anyone reading this thread hasn't tried it yet, do yourself a favor and buy into beta and spend a day exploring and shooting things.

Deleted
    Currently installing & updating the game, thanks Insanoflex!

Quote Originally Posted by dennisdkramer View Post
    I can confidently say that Firefall is the best-looking aesthetically of any massively multiplayer game available in north america at this time. God, it makes me sad that I still play world of warcraft whenever I think about firefall...
    What's keeping you from playing Firefall instead of WoW? I hope my PC can run the game, judging from the videos i've seen - the game looks really nice indeed. Still running it with an old 8800GTS card, We'll see how that's going to work out i guess.

Deleted
    i dont play on very high at all.. they have horrible floor textures but i rarely notice them.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I hope my PC can run the game
    I have a fairly decent setup, just got a new very nice graphics card, and I have to run on the lowest settings most of the time because of insanely low FPS. It doesn't seem to be optimized very well, but it has gotten better over the last couple of months. I can tell you from switching it up to the highest settings every now and then that overall the look doesn't change much other than better lighting and more smooth textures.

The game is just as enjoyable on low settings honestly.
    BAD WOLF

What's keeping you from playing Firefall instead of WoW? I hope my PC can run the game, judging from the videos i've seen - the game looks really nice indeed. Still running it with an old 8800GTS card, We'll see how that's going to work out i guess.
    The combat and payment model keep me away from games like WoW. I would only play a tab target mmo if it were F2P when I have other options like firefall, warframe, vindictus, tera, and gw2. None of which have subscriptions.