Page 52 of 89 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by hk-51 View Post
    The combat and payment model keep me away from games like WoW. I would only play a tab target mmo if it were F2P when I have other options like firefall, warframe, vindictus, tera, and gw2. None of which have subscriptions.
    Aww don't forget your good buddy LotRO. And Rift which pays for itself via RAF.
    BAD WOLF

Quote Originally Posted by Kittyvicious View Post
    Aww don't forget your good buddy LotRO. And Rift which pays for itself via RAF.

Well, those are tab target. But f2p so I play them!
    On my laptop I have aion, lotro, swtor, rift, poe, marvel, aoc, and league.

If WoW were f2p I would play it too.

(I will be adding NWO to my desktop soon. I divide them into action on pc and tab onto laptop)
    *oh, and EoN will go onto my laptop as soon as its out of development hell

point is, there's too many good games that don't require a subscription to justify me playing one.
    Last edited by Bardarian; 2013-04-03 at 05:26 PM.
    (Warframe) - Dragon & Typhoon-
    (Neverwinter) - Trickster Rogue & Guardian Fighter -

10+ Year Old Account
    Thank you for linking this ahah

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh my, there's one with the most interesting man in the world that says:

"I don't always send the thumper back at 100%, but when I do, I sent it back too early"

So true, so true.
    BAD WOLF

10+ Year Old Account
    The best one is
    "Lots of Devs here
    Not fixing the game"

Gonna make one myself.

There , page 12, post #232 =p
    Last edited by Razael; 2013-04-03 at 08:04 PM.

Patch Notes for 0.6.1597

Open World Changes
    Player-made LGV races are in! Deploy your starting line and create your own LGV races.
    Added two new free heads (male and female); also 3 new female heads and 2 new male heads for purchase at the New You.
    The Chosen Engineer weapon is capable of making sound once again.
    Fixed an issue where you would not get credit for participating in a Tornado event.
    Players will no longer spawn in as a ragdoll and then come to life.Fixed collision problems with Whiptail Threshers.
    Brody is no longer so disapproving when you send back a thumper at 100%.
    Turrets should now track and fire at enemies more consistently.
    Fixed issues where there would be no Arcporter Pylon available when exiting an ARES mission.
    Chosen WarFixed an issue that caused map markers for events not to show up after reclaiming POIs from Chosen until 10 minutes later
    Added another wave of drop pods when players attempt to take back a Chosen occupied POIRenamed Chosen Invaders to Chosen Strike Team to avoid confusion between Chosen attacks and the invasion events
    Incursions
    Made a fix for incursions so the amount of Chosen in the area before the shield disruptor spawns is 2 or less instead of exactly 0
    Upped the HP of the warbringer and shield generators
    Added a bonus reward (XP) for completing an incursion without losing a shield disruptorInvasion
    Made the pre-invasion VO play zone wide
    Fixed an issue that would cause the melding to permanently cover Thump Dump or Sunken Harbor instead of only 3 hours
    Renamed Siege of Thump Dump and Siege of Sunken Harbor to Invasion of Thump Dump and Invasion of Sunken Harbor for clarity
    Bug Fixes
    Using /stuck while on an LGV will dismount the character from the LGV before respawning.
    Fixed an issue where warpaint on the body suit would not appear on the advanced frames.
    Added audio effects for many objects that were missing in the last patch.
    Promoting a new squad leader should no longer disband the squad.
    Brassy and Fired Up female voices are no longer the same voice.
    Fixed issues with certain heads and facial hair options clipping.
    Adjusted the volume of various weapon and NPC sounds to help distinguish what is attacking you.
    You can now deploy turrets even while the Thumper is on cooldown.
    Players should no longer remain horizontal when crashing from a glider while in free cam mode.
    Removed tooltip references to Tech Trees.
    Crafting Changes
    Updated Nanoprint categories to help organize and simplify finding the Nanoprint you want.
    Battleframe-related components that require resources to craft now require half the amount of resources, and take half the time to complete.
    Added advanced refining recipes that support multiple inputs – players can refine multiple stacks of raw resources in the same job.
    Item stage/tier is now noted in the resulting item as well as the nanoprint.
    Assault Rifle II nanoprint now results in an Assault Rifle II item.
    Healing Accelerator I and Healing Charge Builder I should now have crafting times associated with their recipes.
    Regeneration Assembly I & II recipes should now output the appropriate component for the Accord Absorption Plating.
    Subcomponents that require Polymers or Carbon should now allow you to select the quality of those resources.
    Fixed a bug where selecting a resource for a component would not select the proper resource.
    Fixed a bug where selecting the third resource in a list would fail to select that resource.
    Healing Ball Charge Builder I and Healing Accelerator I now require appropriate number of resources and time to craft.
    Crystite and Red Bean totals now appear in the manufacturing station UI.
    Inventory items now show appropriate requirements in their tooltips.
    Passive modules will now be shown in player inventories.
    Stock gear will no longer display durability information on the tool-tips (starting gear ignores durability)
    Resource Collection Changes
    Tweaked the way raw resources are generated in the world – should result in fewer cases of horrible, horrible quality resources.
    Resource qualities will now update more frequently in the world.
    Added new scan report UI when using the scanhammer to detect resources.
    Surface deposit sin cards should no longer pop into view and then disappear when you get within range.
    Using a scan hammer to crack surface deposits will now result in a smaller resource reward than using sonic detonators.Squad Thumpers have been renamed to match personal thumper progression (Stock, Light, Medium, Heavy).
    The Accord now gives the full 100% bonus to all squad members for completing a personal thumper – it is no longer split.
    Thumper locations are reserved for the thumper’s owner for 30 seconds after thumper is sent back.
    All thumper health increased by approx. 25%.
    Thumper capacities adjusted to reward greater risks of moving up in weight class.
    Squad thumper capacities increased to encourage more squad thumping.
    New STOCK Squad Thumper introduced by The Accord Technologists. Perfect for that squad using new Battleframes!
    Fixed a bug where Thumper boss waves would respawn.
    Slightly decreased the health on crystals inside the Melding tornado portal.
    All the tiki thumpers are now correctly using the tiki thumper web icon.
    PvP Changes
    Small, Medium, and Large healing powerups increased to restore 1.5 times more health.
    Added the 2 teleporters back in to each spawn room in Sunken Harbor.
    Removed the penalty for carrying Double Damage - the player with it no longer takes bonus damage, only deals bonus damage.
    XP rewards for PvP should no longer be split among the team. XP rewards were meant to be for the individual.
    Fixed an issue with the challenge mode where a player would not receive an invite if they had any players on their ignore list.
    Spectator mode should now properly display the in-game clock, score, etc. when observing a match.
    When spectating via the challenge mode, the camera should now properly attach to a player at the start.
    Keybindings and mouse controls should now work properly in spectator mode.
    Clicking the exit button in spectator mode should now exit the match cleanly.
    Battleframe Changes
    Primary Weapons - Did a pass on all primary weapon ammunition and added some weight/size to projectiles.
    Raptor
    Reduced weapon damage by 20% (PvP only)SIN Scrambler - Reduced damage to half weapon damage.
    Overload - Reduced damage to half of weapon damage.
    Overload - Now arcfolds the appropriate weapon to the user on activation.
    Nighthawk
    Reduced primary weapon damage by 20% and reduced "Ambush" damage bonus by 5% (PvP only)
    Eruption Rounds - Now arcfolds the appropriate weapon to the user on activation.
    Recon
    Increased accuracy, clip size, and damage of the R36 (primary weapon) at all stages.
    SIN Scrambler - Can now be used with the R36 (accord recon primary)
    Bastion
    Sentinel Pod - Limited max hostile targets to 1.Deployables will now get the appropriate stats at all levels.
    Fixed a bug where Bastion was getting Starting Gear in PvP.
    Bastion Ultimate (Fortify) - Fixed a bug where the player was getting fully healed instead of the sentinel pod.
    Electron
    Tesla Alt Fire - Reduced the rate of energy drain to match new energy totals.
    Engineer
    Sticky Grenade Launcher - Added explosion audio when sticking grendes to an NPC or player.
    Anti Personnel Turret should no longer loop audio.
    Tigerclaw
    Buffed the damage of all ranks of Disruption.
    Starting was 212, now 350. PvP was 375, now 600.
    Increased the run speed bonus provided by Trailblaze to 120% at the starting value, up from 110%. Remains 130% in PvP
    Firecat
    Immolate damage significantly increased - 75 per tick base, up from 38. PvP damage buffed to 90 per tick. Immolate radius increased to 5m base, up from 3.4m. PvP range left alone (5m)
    Thermal Wave base damage increased from 212 to 350, and all crafting ranges increased accordingly. PvP damage is still 375.
    Assault
    Plasma Cannon - Increased speed of the projectile to better fit in between Thermal Cannon and Fusion Cannon.
    Recluse
    Creeping death - Fixed a bug where the radius was far larger than intended.
    Dragonfly
    BioRifle (Dragonfly primary) - Players should no longer warp around while firing.Fixed a bug where Dragonfly was getting Starting Gear in PvP.
    Rhino
    Sundering Wave now causes targets to take 15% more damage at base, up from 12%. All stages raised accordingly. PvP raised to 20% extra damage taken by affected targets.
    Heavy Laser MG base damage per round raised to 46, up from 38. All stages raised accordingly. PvP damage increased from 77 per round to 80.
    Dreadnaught
    Fixed the issue causing the Accord Dreadnaught's passive effects to become stuck on his body.
    Patch Notes for 0.6.1586r2

UI Changes
    Fixed issues with the crafting UI that required you to reload UI constantly.Fixed multiple UI crash issues with crafting UI.Implemented multiple server-side performance improvements to inventory and character services.
    Last edited by Bardarian; 2013-04-04 at 10:30 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh man, i was kinda liking the new brody. Oh well. Yay for tornado fixes.

---------- Post added 2013-04-04 at 11:54 PM ----------

Also managed today to farm enough XP to upgrade all White Squares on the Nighthawk. So i'm like one token away from the Raptor and they nerfed it. Bummer.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    I was having fun with the rag doll spawns...someone dies and re spawns in a tower and I'd get to kick them around for a bit before they came back to life.

Does anyone have the skinny on the durability thing R5 is planning to implement?

Quote Originally Posted by HBpapa View Post
    Does anyone have the skinny on the durability thing R5 is planning to implement?
    Not exactly. It's very much a work in progress... HOWEVER!
    I can give you a theory.
    There's durability and "repair pool". When you run out of durability, you can add more from your "repair pool". When your repair pool is dry, the item is dead. Forever.

Hopefully they add a "refill repair pool for X crystite" option. But they probably won't. It would go against their design goals.

Though it does raise the question, why not have 6000 durability instead of 1000 durability and 5000 repair pool?
    Last edited by Bardarian; 2013-04-05 at 11:31 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not exactly. It's very much a work in progress... HOWEVER!
    I can give you a theory.
    There's durability and "repair pool". When you run out of durability, you can add more from your "repair pool". When your repair pool is dry, the item is dead. Forever.

Hopefully they add a "refill repair pool for X crystite" option. But they probably won't. It would go against their design goals.

Though it does raise the question, why not have 6000 durability instead of 1000 durability and 5000 repair pool?
    Why even have a durability mechanic? Such a outdated feature. Death penalty is already big enough when you have to travel a kilometer just to reach your last point.

Quote Originally Posted by Mirve View Post
    Why even have a durability mechanic? Such a outdated feature. Death penalty is already big enough when you have to travel a kilometer just to reach your last point.
    It's so crafting has a purpose. Once you get BIS... It breaks. So you have to keep crafting.

That means the economy keeps going once they put in trading.
    (it's like the pve gear treadmill. Except for crafting)

durability isn't active yet and probably won't be until trading is implemented.
    Last edited by Bardarian; 2013-04-05 at 11:44 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I understand the desire to keep people playing your game, but the idea of breaking gear and requiring trade is a huge turnoff for me. I would probably be largely unmotivated to play if that's their intention going forward. If they are already going to have some form of progression via the suit leveling and crafting, they might as well go all in and add new zones with more difficult monsters and higher resources, which would solve the problem of motivating people to play and keeping crafting relevant.

On top of adding new suits, etc. This would be my preferred method for continuity.
    BAD WOLF

I understand the desire to keep people playing your game, but the idea of breaking gear and requiring trade is a huge turnoff for me. I would probably be largely unmotivated to play if that's their intention going forward. If they are already going to have some form of progression via the suit leveling and crafting, they might as well go all in and add new zones with more difficult monsters and higher resources, which would solve the problem of motivating people to play and keeping crafting relevant.

On top of adding new suits, etc. This would be my preferred method for continuity.
    Yeah. I am not a fan off making 600+ quality gear once every 3 weeks for 1 or 2 pieces and having to stock up like crazy on mats every few shifts so I can remain geared until the next time I see decent mats of that type.
    I am hoping they add a way to spend crystite to refill the repair pool or something.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah. I am not a fan off making 600+ quality gear once every 3 weeks for 1 or 2 pieces and having to stock up like crazy on mats every few shifts so I can remain geared until the next time I see decent mats of that type.
    I am hoping they add a way to spend crystite to refill the repair pool or something.
    It just feels like they can't commit to no progression or full progression, which doesn't seem like a really good stance to take to be honest. Having repeating progression sounds like torture to me. Next thing you know they'll have your suit breaking, so you lose all the xp and upgrades and have to start over. Yikes.

They seem to be pretty smart, but I wager their ideas do 180s everytime they get their surveys back. They seem to be doing a good job of rapidly responding to the feedback, but since this is still beta have the right and time to go live with whatever design works the best.

It's honestly the most open and rewarding game development I've seen.
    BAD WOLF

One thing I think is interesting is that gear "breaking" is very similar to a gear wipe of an expansion or a new BIS piece of gear coming out. Relative to the Ilvcap, the new top end, you've lost power.
    I don't know. They feel more different then they are. They are the same gear treadmill really... Maybe I am just not use to thinking about it this way.

I never liked having BIS gear. I always felt like more bored. I had "completed" that character... Until the next tier/season. So, I should LOVE this idea... Maybe it's because I can't always find the right materials. Whether or not I CAN remake my gear seems to be a sticking point for me. I can always go run X boss or gather Y material in a themepark MMO but in firefall I have to hope that the shift isn't like... Q^001.

10+ Year Old Account
    I love having BiS gear. I don't like having challenges that can't be beaten, if only temporarily. I definitely don't like my progress removed. That's what this crafting system would be for me. Negating all of my accomplishment. That's possibly one of my top 3 reasons that I wouldn't like a game. These things would include xp or item loss on death as well.

It's all a similar reasoning. People like to classify it as being hardcore, realistic, or not hand holding, but it's really just punishment. Mario and Metroid didn't delete your save game files when you died. You didn't die on Zelda and have to start back out with a deku stick and no weapons. Some people might enjoy this play, a la hardcore characters in ARPGs, but that is something you opt in to. Having that style of play forced in a game is not fun for most people.

But anyways, I can actually spend some time thumping tonight. Need to stockpile that uber metal.
    BAD WOLF

But anyways, I can actually spend some time thumping tonight. Need to stockpile that uber metal.
    Yeah. I've got like 5 suits with 550+ jets/boots now. lol. Love that shit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah. I've got like 5 suits with 550+ jets/boots now. lol. Love that shit.
    Not fair. I demand a thumping party now and that life lets me play longer tonight. It seems like the bio suit needs a lot of metal for upgrades, so I'm on it.
    BAD WOLF

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't like the notion of progress by gear. I like evolving my Battleframe the way it is. I'm even ok with putting gear in it , stronger than base gear, either via crafting , to get the exact stats you want for you. Or give some sort of currency from doing Chosen related events. I keep getting these accord merit shit messages on my screen after completing events. Why not offer the Stage II stuff for those merit tokens? to be an alternate to crafting. And have them cost enough to make it sort of like a goal you can set yourself to, and then after a few months, release Stage III stuff and the cycle repeats again? Everyone has acess this way to the best possible gear doing what they like, and then let skill set apart the best players from the good or average ones. Just my 2 cents. Gear breaking ? Thats so 2004. The game is set in the future.

Also unrelated. You'd think that manufacturers that build these amazing battleframes would be able to make them waterproof? Kinda BS when i'm thrown into a body of water because of the tornado. >.<
    Last edited by Razael; 2013-04-05 at 05:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mirve View Post
    Everyone has acess this way to the best possible gear doing what they like, and then let skill set apart the best players from the good or average ones.
    Every time someone brings up something like this, Red 5 says wait for trading. Personally I hate relying trade systems (they are a form of forced PVP in PVE), so I'm really not too happy with their current tack. Plus this durability nonsense... urgh. Still, they've certainly demonstrated they listen to the community, and they are quite willing to change a lot if needed, so we'll see!
    ~ flarecde
    Reality is nothing; Perception is everything.