Page 53 of 89 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirve View Post
    Also unrelated. You'd think that manufacturers that build these amazing battleframes would be able to make them waterproof? Kinda BS when i'm thrown into a body of water because of the tornado. >.<
    Well, the battleframes weren't designed for it. They were designed for a sport called gangholm or something. They were like remodeled for real combat.
    I think, right?
    (Warframe) - Dragon & Typhoon-
    (Neverwinter) - Trickster Rogue & Guardian Fighter -

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by hk-51 View Post
    Well, the battleframes weren't designed for it. They were designed for a sport called gangholm or something. They were like remodeled for real combat.
    I think, right?
    Something like that. I'd win that sport if i had a plastic water gun tho. Think on how ridiculous that sounds.

Quote Originally Posted by Mirve View Post
    Something like that. I'd win that sport if i had a plastic water gun tho. Think on how ridiculous that sounds.
    Yeah... But it would be like if there was an Apocalypse and we had to use sedans as assault vehicles to fight back aliens and we were like "god. Why isn't aren't the cars bullet proof?"

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah... But it would be like if there was an Apocalypse and we had to use sedans as assault vehicles to fight back aliens and we were like "god. Why isn't aren't the cars bullet proof?"
    But we've already made bulletproof cars in the present day and waterproof vehicles as well. I mean...it is really, really odd. Surprised not more people complain about that actually unless the only design intent is to keep people from hiding in lakes for PvP.
    BAD WOLF

Quote Originally Posted by Kittyvicious View Post
    But we've already made bulletproof cars in the present day and waterproof vehicles as well. I mean...it is really, really odd. Surprised not more people complain about that actually unless the only design intent is to keep people from hiding in lakes for PvP.
    Well, the goal is to make a barrier for player movement (according to red5). It's essentially an exhaustion zone. In earlier builds there was a ton of deadly water inland. EVERYWHERE. But now its all on the coast and marked with buoys .

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, the goal is to make a barrier for player movement (according to red5). It's essentially an exhaustion zone. In earlier builds there was a ton of deadly water inland. EVERYWHERE. But now its all on the coast and marked with buoys .
    Oh it's still everywhere, even inside of ARES missions. There are several places where you fall into water and then have stairs and platforms blocking every way out except a small hole. You die in like 2 seconds in water anyways, so it's not like you have a chance even if you could easily get out. I want to say, well it adds a hazard which is fun...but it's just not fun.

I'd rather be slowed with real world physics in water and be able to drown from the weight of my suit if my rockets aren't strong eough than to just electrocute myself in seconds.
    BAD WOLF

So two things.

First, the high altitude tornado cores are 7000 exp each. There tends to be about three of them. So... Wow.

Second, there is a sort of trade off system with gear till you get the final unlock. IE: A suit with white power unlocked gets +25% damage, if you add gear to it, you lose the +dmg increase in favor of better gear.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Oh it's still everywhere, even inside of ARES missions. There are several places where you fall into water and then have stairs and platforms blocking every way out except a small hole. You die in like 2 seconds in water anyways, so it's not like you have a chance even if you could easily get out. I want to say, well it adds a hazard which is fun...but it's just not fun.

I'd rather be slowed with real world physics in water and be able to drown from the weight of my suit if my rockets aren't strong eough than to just electrocute myself in seconds.
    Yeah, I did a ARES mission inside a lab and found out the hard way there was deadly water inside for no reason. Biggest issue I had is that it didn't even look like water because of the red interior lighting till I fell in. Ended up reporting that one.

http://www.firefallthegame.com/commu...-flight.92174/

Some really great pictures from the new zone. (We can't get there. It's behind the melding. World event will unlock it (aq gate event woop?)

This guy seems to have found a chosen temple perhaps?

10+ Year Old Account
    This guy seems to have found a chosen temple perhaps?
    Oooh sweet. Maybe it means thumping can actually be different. It kinda makes sense that thumping disturbs underground bugs and whatnot, but it would be cool to have some chosen dropping in to prevent you from harvesting their resources.

Even cooler if they added different types of resource gathering like siphoning them from a chosen base/temple whatnot. So instead of thumping the ground you just jack a thumper into a chosen structure and steal their stuff, having to fight them off in the process.
    BAD WOLF

10+ Year Old Account
    Oooh sweet. Maybe it means thumping can actually be different. It kinda makes sense that thumping disturbs underground bugs and whatnot, but it would be cool to have some chosen dropping in to prevent you from harvesting their resources.

Even cooler if they added different types of resource gathering like siphoning them from a chosen base/temple whatnot. So instead of thumping the ground you just jack a thumper into a chosen structure and steal their stuff, having to fight them off in the process.
    New zones would be cool enough for me, doesn't need to be all that complicated =p

---------- Post added 2013-04-10 at 10:54 PM ----------

The new website design looks sleek and pretty.

10+ Year Old Account
    So after buying the Raptor frame i must say it sucks ass. Teleport Beacon seems to fail half the time, Sin Scrambler is useless, you get agro back right instantly and the Power Field is decent at best. Overall i think i should go with Accord Recon (or at the very least, put all the Accord stuff on the Raptor), which seems far better than both the other options. Only saving grace of this frame seems to be the HKM and its looks. Should have listened to the forums instead of wanting good looking frames <.<
    Last edited by Razael; 2013-04-11 at 10:55 PM.

what can i buy with beta crystite?

Glad you asked. Beta crystite is going to be used to unlock a number of exclusive rewards. Things like:

1 hour +50% resource collection boosts
    exclusive warpaints
    permanent 5% resource collection boost
    permanent 10% resource collection boost (significantly more expensive and does not stack)
    t.e.x. Pet
    the “angel wing” glider pad, with new glider wing visuals.
    An exclusive lgv (yes, that's right!)
    more stuff (we have other ideas that we want to add, but we'd rather over than under deliver)
    omg we get a mount for being in beta. Ommmmgggg

10+ Year Old Account
    omg we get a mount for being in beta. Ommmmgggg
    If I don't have enough beta crystite I'm going to cry.
    BAD WOLF

If I don't have enough beta crystite I'm going to cry.
    Don't worry. They are adding a way to turn normal crystite into beta crystite.

http://www.firefallthegame.com/news/...ystite-and-you

Also, Firefall will have it's first MINIPET!!! WOOOOO
    Last edited by Bardarian; 2013-04-16 at 08:11 PM.

Deleted
    I love the PvP in firefall. I love fast paced FPS like quake and unreal tournament. I dont really like much the normal CoD & BF3 FPS kinda games. Firefall is so awsome, fast and you can fly! (somewhat)

The PvE is.. I dont know, weird? Now I havent played much at all but it seems you go around and thump = gather materials 24/7 and cant do anything else. Its in BETA so I guess more will come. Will there be some kind of story line quests at all? I heard there should be some big world boss which is cool but I have yet to see that.

The crafting system seems really bad, atleast the UI which I also heard is being worked on.

Well I dont play firefall for the PvE anyway. I play for the PvP so if they "fix" the PvE that would be awsome. Was exploring a bit yesterday and found a town or 2 which was pretty much empty of NPCs so I guess they have yet a lot of stuff to do but damn it seems promising.

Quote Originally Posted by Totikki View Post
    The PvE is.. I dont know, weird? Now I havent played much at all but it seems you go around and thump = gather materials 24/7 and cant do anything else. Its in BETA so I guess more will come. Will there be some kind of story line quests at all? I heard there should be some big world boss which is cool but I have yet to see that.
    In 0.5 there was a main story quest that was like 10 parts long. Was REALLY fun. It was only the intro part really. Ended with the LGV race and you meeting General Nostros or w/e.

Also, thumping is not the only thing. Be sure to do crashed LGV, crashed thumpers, defend the gangholm shipment, I don't know if bounty hunting is still in 0.6, but if you are bored with the dynamic world quests. Do some ares missions! They are the centurion helm icons. you can solo the 1-2 man ones pretty well. But around 3-4 gets... um... Well. Yeah. rough. A lot of them are timed so even if you could clear it out, you have to clear it out fast.

edit: also, invasions in SH.

Edit: Tacking this on here so people don't miss it.

http://www.firefallthegame.com/news/...ystite-and-you

Greetings, testers!

By now, you've all heard the mantra, probably multiple times: “Firefall is a true Beta,” “we make Firefall better by listening to the fanbase.” This new methodology for making a game is only possible because of you all – the testing you do and the feedback you provide is invaluable to the process. We simply couldn't improve the game in the way that we want without all of you in our fantastic community.

Throughout any iterative process, there are going to be times that old systems are tossed out to be replaced by the shiny and the new, but one thing we at Red 5 never want to do is to diminish the value of your time and energy, because we know it's being spent to make the game better (and hopefully have some fun along the way). When it's possible, we'll do a direct translation from the old system to a new system (like keeping your XP from the old progression system to the new), but sometimes (like with the recent change to resources) that type of translation simply isn't possible. When that's the case, we want to do something that shows that we really do value your time.

Thus... Beta Crystite.

So let’s answer a few of the more common questions you guys have asked about Beta Crystite.

What can I buy with Beta Crystite?

Glad you asked. Beta Crystite is going to be used to unlock a number of exclusive rewards. Things like:

1 hour +50% resource collection boosts
    Exclusive warpaints
    PERMANENT 5% resource collection boost
    PERMANENT 10% resource collection boost (significantly more expensive and does not stack)
    T.E.X. Pet
    The “Angel Wing” glider pad, with new glider wing visuals.
    An exclusive LGV (yes, that's right!)
    More stuff (we have other ideas that we want to add, but we'd rather over than under deliver)

The Beta Crystite LGV is just the first LGV that we want to deliver as a reward for player effort – the plans to build a craftable LGV continue, but we also thought it'd been too long that players had to buy a commander pack to have their own LGV. This LGV will have an exclusive warpaint that won't be seen again.
    To hold you over, here are some screenshots to give you a taste of these rewards

* LGV is missing it's paint job.

How do I get the rewards/Beta Crystite?

There will be a vendor that sells the Beta Crystite items (we'll announce who and where when we release the patch notes). We're hoping to get this vendor into the game ASAP, so it may not have all of the rewards when it first gets added to the Beta. We'd rather get the rewards rolling out than wait for the complete list to be ready to go.

Collecting Beta Crystite is a matter of processing your old resources at the manufacturing station. However, we also realize that someone might end up short for one the item they really want, so we'll also be adding a recipe that allows you convert current crystite into Beta Crystite.

Is there a time limit?

The vendor will sell the items until the beginning of Open Beta, so you'll have until then to buy any or all of these items.

I hope this blog answers the more pressing questions that you guys have had. Of course if there’s something that we missed, you can always drop by our forums and ask us – we check them almost daily, and answer what we can. Thanks for reading, and see you in-game!
    Last edited by Bardarian; 2013-04-16 at 08:29 PM.

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I have 5 spare beta keys
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    I have 5 spare beta keys
    Thank you very much

Deleted
    already got an lgv.. so more consumables for me