Page 66 of 89 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Frizzlewits View Post
    well after a year waiting to be able to try out this game, and....

i did not like it.
    the grafics are cool, and thats about it. i quit playing after 15 min.
    currently the game is being deleted from my pc
    There's no way you could do anything meaningful in 15 minutes.
    (Warframe) - Dragon & Typhoon-
    (Neverwinter) - Trickster Rogue & Guardian Fighter -

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Frizzlewits View Post
    i did not like it.
    Didn't like what? Did you even make it out of Copacabana in 15 minutes? You surely didn't see more than one piece of content. Basically you're telling me you don't like shooters or you played the game with the intention to hate it. Neither of which are really productive conversation.
    BAD WOLF

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bardarian View Post
    There's no way you could do anything meaningful in 15 minutes.
    Seriously. 15 minutes is just enough time for the confusion of a standard open beta to set in.

To any of you just starting out, if the servers are cooperating (they were hiccuping with the load a few minutes ago when I was on), give the game a real shot. Follow the initial quests if you like, but realize you'll have to do "other stuff" as well to progress that questline; it's a long-term goal, not a set of stepping stones.

1> Pick a battleframe to play with. They all work fine, and feel free to switch them up if you like. Be aware that they're all a little weak by default, but you can do a great deal just with stock gear (I have three Tier 2 battleframes unlocked and 2 of my arcfold keys, and I'm just now starting to use non-stock gear). In general;

Recon: Long-range. Accord Recon isn't a sniper; the R36 is an assault rifle. The Nighthawk and Raptor T2 frames that expand on it ARE snipers, though, so it's not out of reach. In general, dodge stuff, aim for the head, stay out of close range.

Assault: Mid-range mobile combatant. Your gun has some splash damage, so it's often better to aim at the enemy's feet, use your jumpjets and get some air. Keep moving; the fusion cannon is more like a rocket launcher than anything else; low shots per clip, projectile travel speed, splash damage.

Dreadnaught: Up-close heavy. Get in, spin up your gatling gun, mow things down. Don't try and fight from a distance; the spread and damage falloff makes it pointless.

Biotech: NOT a healer, though its abilities do heal. Generally, a mid-range mobile combatant as well, a bit closer than the Assault, but you don't want to get swarmed like the Dread.

Engineer; Turret-monkey. Defensive positions are ideal. If you're doing something more offensive, try and lure things back toward your turret. The Accord Engineer in particular needs to rely on shooting things as much as his turret does; if you want to be more turret-focused, you need the Bastion T2 frame. The sticky grenade launcher is solid, but can be tricky if soloing; remember that you have a secondary weapon.

2> Do stuff. Hit "M" to bring up your map. If you're starting out, you won't have many SIN towers activated. A good way to start is making the rounds to activate them. You're looking for SIN towers, not the watchtowers, and the main hubs (Copa, Thump Dump, Transhub, and Sunken Harbor) each have a tower too, 12 total. Each one exposes the map in its region, giving you better visibility on available events. There are no "zones", in the sense that you'll go somewhere too tough to handle, at least not this early, so don't worry about exploring.

As you're traveling, feel free to hit other things on the way. If you see someone thumping, help them out. If you see a crashed thumper or crashed LGV event, feel free to hit it; they're easy to solo by pretty much anyone. ARES missions can be a bit rough until you're more used to the game, but ARES 1 missions are soloable in stock gear; if you see anyone else hitting the mission (which is often), feel free to jump in and help out.

In all cases, you'll get shared rewards or assist rewards. Helping a thumper doesn't take away from his haul, and you get bonus rewards for helping. Helping on an ARES mission gets you mission credit. Joining a squad is useful for organized grouping, but isn't strictly necessary to participate in these group events; just showing up and helping out will usually get you credit (in some cases, you may get there too late to be any real help and not qualify, but in most case, even shooting one enemy is going to qualify you for rewards).

3> One thing to consider are daily achievements; these are often easy to accomplish (the notable exception being killing a rare spawn like the White Wargrim, whose spawning is erratic), and there's only three, and finishing all three gets you an item crate, with some crystite and resources and most importantly a nice piece of gear. You may need to progress your frame to make use of it, and the durability means it'll eventually break, but it's easy to get, most days, just by playing.

Once you've got the map opened up, you've definitely spent more than 15 minutes, and probably have a decent feel for the game. Feel free to swap battleframes as you go; there's no cost, though experience is tied to each frame rather than your character (so to progress a frame, you need to play that frame).

10+ Year Old Account
    Solo:
    Crashed thumper
    Broken LGV
    Holmegang tech assault
    Relay signal
    Personal thumper (stock, I, II, III)
    Solo ARES (Yellow, Orange)
    Defend / Take back watchtowers
    (There was also bounty hunting for a while)
    Chosen strike teams

Small group:
    Group ARES (Yellow, Orange)
    Squad thumpers (stock, I, II, III)
    Chosen incursions
    Black water anomaly (5 man instance)

Large group:
    Antarctica event (10)
    Diamondhead event (10)
    Sargosa sea event (10)
    Baneclaw raid boss (25)
    Chosen invasion of Thump dump or South harbor (40)
    (There were raid thumpers for a while called "elite" thumpers for 15 players, don't know when they'll be back)
    thanks for the list found an army to join and have been doing some stuff aaaaaand then chat goes down but still i have managed to do some ares missions on my own and get some upgrades going. i must say though its A LOT better than when i played it first time just takes a bit of getting up to date

Quote Originally Posted by gegalfo View Post
    thanks for the list found an army to join and have been doing some stuff aaaaaand then chat goes down but still i have managed to do some ares missions on my own and get some upgrades going. i must say though its A LOT better than when i played it first time just takes a bit of getting up to date
    No prob. You joined just as we had a major (MAJOR) patch and open beta struck. Sorry about the bugs (they will get sorted out soon).

I forgot to mention that there's some rare spawn bosses like the giant aranaha and crystal aranaha. Those are always fun surprises that pop up in random ARES missions

Deleted
    So the being thrown in at the deep end wasnt too nice.. but i kinda understand stuff now. SIN playing up though? Wont let me use my exp to unlock abilties.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparkeeee View Post
    So the being thrown in at the deep end wasnt too nice.. but i kinda understand stuff now. SIN playing up though? Wont let me use my exp to unlock abilties.
    it does eventually (for me)

Servers being crushed, luckily gameplay seems fine

10+ Year Old Account
    SIN playing up though? Wont let me use my exp to unlock abilties.
    That's going to be a common theme. It's really the one issue they haven't nailed down all during closed beta. SIN is constantly lagging and making you have heart attacks from 'deleting' all your stuff. Closing out of windows/relogs/waiting a long time usually fixes everything.
    BAD WOLF

Deleted
    This SIN is awful...

10+ Year Old Account
    This SIN is awful...
    That's what Jesus said too...
    BAD WOLF

Deleted
    Quest to purchase a secondary weapon and i cant as SIN error.

10+ Year Old Account
    Maybe you are spamming the 'E' key too much Sparkeeeeee?
    BAD WOLF

Yup. Come back in a few days after they have a hotfix for it. I've been playing almost nonstop since .7 and I can't really do much since chat, grouping, inventory, garage, and crafting are all down for me.

I nearly had a heart attack when all my recipes disappeared.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kittyvicious View Post
    SIN is constantly lagging and making you have heart attacks from 'deleting' all your stuff.
    I nearly had a heart attack when all my recipes disappeared.
    See, I said this would happen.
    BAD WOLF

10+ Year Old Account
    And bear in mind; this is a true beta. There's content not yet in the game, and plenty of bugs and such. Some companies use open betas as a semi-official "early release"; that's not the case with Red5, they're using the beta test to, well, beta test.

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    And bear in mind; this is a true beta. There's content not yet in the game, and plenty of bugs and such. Some companies use open betas as a semi-official "early release"; that's not the case with Red5, they're using the beta test to, well, beta test.
    Yup.

I would go so far as to say their closed beta is other companies alpha.
    Their open beta is about as far along as other companies F&F betas.

But will most people get that? Nah.

Deleted
    Considering i only found out about this game today, im quite enjoying. Not being able to use any in game menues is a pain though and hunders harder stuff when you cant heal etc...

Considering i only found out about this game today, im quite enjoying. Not being able to use any in game menues is a pain though and hunders harder stuff when you cant heal etc...
    Well, if you want to play a healer you can grab a dragonfly. I use healing wave and battle rez from the base accord mixed with healing pillar and healing dome with biorifle on my dragon and it's able to heal through just about anything. Some people prefer healing ball over battlerez though. I think those people are silly.

Deleted
    Well, if you want to play a healer you can grab a dragonfly. I use healing wave and battle rez from the base accord mixed with healing pillar and healing dome with biorifle on my dragon and it's able to heal through just about anything. Some people prefer healing ball over battlerez though. I think those people are silly.
    Ha dude...all that went way over my head I do enjoy healing (i like the pressure) just annoyed i couldnt upgrade at the garage to buy anything. Currently sat on 118k experience.

Ha dude...all that went way over my head I do enjoy healing (i like the pressure) just annoyed i couldnt upgrade at the garage to buy anything. Currently sat on 118k experience.
    They are working on it right now
    http://forums.firefallthegame.com/co...y-9th.1044441/

- - - Updated - - -

Live action trailer. Tied to the manga.

http://www.firefallthegame.com/manga/episode-one-trespasser