Page 67 of 89 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    So...uh...did they remove secondary weapons or something? I jumped back in today and yet again shit got massively changed and I'm confused to fuck...in addition to the SIN issues etc. -_-

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by edgecrusher View Post
    So...uh...did they remove secondary weapons or something? I jumped back in today and yet again shit got massively changed and I'm confused to fuck...in addition to the SIN issues etc. -_-
    They're not removed. If you just unlocked a new battleframe, though, every slot is locked, and requires XP to unlock. Not much, 2k-30k, depending on what slot. I think secondary weapons cost 7.5k. Until you unlock the slot, you don't get the benefits of the abilities/weapons, though you do get the stock primary and servos/plating/etc active despite being locked. You still need to unlock those slots to swap them out for better gear, though.

Yeah, figuring stuff out again now. They keep doing too many dramatic changes >.<

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by edgecrusher View Post
    Yeah, figuring stuff out again now. They keep doing too many dramatic changes >.<
    Just wait. They're overhauling the inventory system, like, entirely, and they don't really know what they want to do with it yet.

"Open beta" means "our servers can handle the load", not "this sucker's ready for launch" :P

This game lost a lot of its appeal to me once I realized it was just a worse global agenda.

Man I wish global agenda didnt die.

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    Just wait. They're overhauling the inventory system, like, entirely, and they don't really know what they want to do with it yet.

"Open beta" means "our servers can handle the load", not "this sucker's ready for launch" :P
    Oh, I know. It's just that I get stuck in this area where I play for a bit, drop the game for a few months then come back and they've overhauled significant portions of the game (dropping the linear questline in favor of dynamic events for example) or I run into a bug that prevents me from progressing at all.

It's just frustrating, but it's still beta and all.

Deleted
    Took me 2 days of playing but i finally got some abilities... and realised what the hell you do with the resources you get.... damn the crafting is indepth!

Can any1 tell me though what properties are better for gear for a healing class? I guess durability might be tank... or does it not really matter?

Thanks

10+ Year Old Account
    Any beta vets here who can tell me how balanced the PvP is at the moment? Someone who has played all the classes extensively and can give me an as objective as possible rundown of the situation?

Quote Originally Posted by Sparkeeee View Post
    Took me 2 days of playing but i finally got some abilities... and realised what the hell you do with the resources you get.... damn the crafting is indepth!

Can any1 tell me though what properties are better for gear for a healing class? I guess durability might be tank... or does it not really matter?

Thanks
    For healing and dps
    Power = primary
    CPU = secondary

Your gun's secondary is probably your best heal as a dragon. So as you increase power, you can use a better gun. Furthermore, excess power can be added to abilities and weapons, increasing their effectiveness. T1 = +5%, T2 = +10%... ect

Interesting fact, voucher items could as T2. So on top of being a little better than stock already, they can gain an additional 10%.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Murphlord View Post
    Any beta vets here who can tell me how balanced the PvP is at the moment? Someone who has played all the classes extensively and can give me an as objective as possible rundown of the situation?
    Depends on the map and the player.

I am not hardcore into pvp but I've watched a lot of the brontadon brawls and some of the new pro jetball matches. For a while there, electron was the thing to play (for many, it still is) but I've seen every class used to great effect. /shrug.
    (Warframe) - Dragon & Typhoon-
    (Neverwinter) - Trickster Rogue & Guardian Fighter -

Deleted
    How buggy is the game? When you die, are you still only blood and flesh running around after ressing?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tea View Post
    How buggy is the game? When you die, are you still only blood and flesh running around after ressing?
    Nope.... since open beta release day alot of the bugs seem to have been sorted.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Bardarian View Post
    For healing and dps
    Power = primary
    CPU = secondary

Your gun's secondary is probably your best heal as a dragon. So as you increase power, you can use a better gun. Furthermore, excess power can be added to abilities and weapons, increasing their effectiveness. T1 = +5%, T2 = +10%... ect

Interesting fact, voucher items could as T2. So on top of being a little better than stock already, they can gain an additional 10%.
    The way you talk about the extra classes in game you make it seem like the 5 or so original 1s like biochem aren't actually good in comparison...is this true?

The way you talk about the extra classes in game you make it seem like the 5 or so original 1s like biochem aren't actually good in comparison...is this true?
    Anything a base frame can do, an advanced frame can do... + 6 more ability and another primary weapon option.

The omni and astrek frames aren't "better" but because you can pull all the base abilities and weapon, you can customize your frame significantly better.

For example, healing:
    With accord frame: Healing wave, triage, chemical sprayer (ult), and the healing turret thing.
    With a dragonfly: healing wave, triage, chemical sprayer (ult), healing turret thing, PLUS healing ball, healing pillar, healing dome, and biorifle altfire

You just have more options for healing. Same could be said of recluse for poison damage.

However, in pvp, you can't do that all tweaking stuff so the frames are balanced in pvp.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tea View Post
    Um. No. That was a little under a year ago.
    and for like, 3 weeks tops.
    (Tea, instead of dropping in this thread every few pages to say how bad you think it might be, why not just try it? You info is extremely dated.)
    Last edited by Bardarian; 2013-07-11 at 01:08 PM.

Deleted
    Random ass question.... best place or way to get Hisser DNA? trying to upgrade my healing wave and its a component i need for the last part.

Random ass question.... best place or way to get Hisser DNA? trying to upgrade my healing wave and its a component i need for the last part.
    Western cerado plains or south east of thump dump.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bardarian View Post
    Western cerado plains or south east of thump dump.
    Thanks alot.

Do i just kill them and hope thy drop DNA?
    Last edited by mmocfcc53be431; 2013-07-11 at 02:27 PM.

Played 6hours already uninstalled, game looks good and plays slick, but as a PVE raider in MMOs there's really nothing todo, wander around the zone, there's 0 mobs unless you activate a thumper and still clueless what the MAIN pve objective is, discovered towers for exp but there's no PVE story or nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by Dorfadin View Post
    Played 6hours already uninstalled, game looks good and plays slick, but as a PVE raider in MMOs there's really nothing todo, wander around the zone, there's 0 mobs unless you activate a thumper and still clueless what the MAIN pve objective is, discovered towers for exp but there's no PVE story or nothing.
    That's incorrect.

There's a 25 man raid boss, 3 10 man raid events, and 1 5 man instance.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dorfadin View Post
    You mean, there's pretty much mobs every where and you don't know how to find them? Let's see...shoot open egg sacs, attack the random bugs always in the air, the random monsters in the wilderness, the thousands of mobs that like to hang out at events marked very clearly on the map...yeah...pretty sure there's a vast bit more than zero mobs around.

Additionally, this is an MMOFPS not an MMORPG. There is not going to be a huge narrative to hold your hand and tell you stories. That may not be your cup of tea. However, there is a story but it's not in your face and takes some thinking and active engagement to get to the bottom of. Via your in ear buddies talking to you about the land, the lore cubes you find all over the place, etc.

Do I wish it was more structured towards MMORPG? Yeah...that would be cool for a shooter to do. Re: objectives, they are what you make of them. Things are happening pretty organically in the world. It's up to you to decide how you want to play into that, how you want to progress your character, etc.
    BAD WOLF

10+ Year Old Account
    Might give this another spin eventually too busy playing SWTOR atm >.< , hopefully i come back in a month or so and the game has evolved further =)

Deleted
    The only real problems with the game so far is that not many people know what to do with resources or how to find quests. Maybe after the tutorial thump you do it could tell you to refine some minerals etc and to tell you why you do this. I think people expect the linear quest lines instead of the whole 'lets just go out and see what comes about'.

I think once a few bugs are sorted too this should make it easier like aero talking at appropriate times.

The way the game plays though, i feel its still has a long level grind, but instead of levels, its for resources. Which, i'm kind of enjoying at the minute. Raids, dungeons etc, i have no idea where these are or how they come about so, i've still got lots to discover.