Page 71 of 89 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Bardarian View Post
    Personal thumping while watching netflix on a bastion is another thing it's good for.
    You know what you just wrote right? It's like you're botting, but legal. Oh so much fun. Us (not US) humans so easily become conditioned without ever noticing.

Quote Originally Posted by Vespian View Post
    You know what you just wrote right? It's like you're botting, but legal. Oh so much fun. Us (not US) humans so easily become conditioned without ever noticing.
    :P I never said bastion afk thumping was fun. In fact, it's one of the reason I am not progressing beyond 7/7/7 bastion like the rest of the world.

(Well, I mean, eventually I will but it's behind most of the other frames in terms of priorities)
    Last edited by Bardarian; 2013-07-16 at 11:57 AM.
    (Warframe) - Dragon & Typhoon-
    (Neverwinter) - Trickster Rogue & Guardian Fighter -

:P I never said bastion afk thumping was fun. In fact, it's one of the reason I am not progressing beyond 7/7/7 bastion like the rest of the world.

(Well, I mean, eventually I will but it's behind most of the other frames in terms of priorities)
    What's the warframe you enjoy the most and why? (I spent €20 on a pack and still have 10 left)

What's the warframe you enjoy the most and why? (I spent €20 on a pack and still have 10 left)
    Would have to be dragonfly (with mammoth as a close second).

I run dragon as a healer: Healing wave, healing pillar, triage, healing dome, with a biorifle (rejuv alt fire). I use a grenade launcher as my secondary to make up for my primary's lack of AOE. I could use my healing abilities for AoE but I tend to play conservatively and focus on keeping everyone up. It's the sort of healing I have dreamed about since I first used a conal heal in Age of Conan. I have, a healing circle entered on me, a healing circle I can shoot somewhere else, a conal wave heal, a shotgun heal, and battle rez. Now, battlerez vs healing ball... My wife and I get into some what joking slightly heated debates about that.

Now, mammoth I run as a tank. By using the dread machine gun, I get an impenetrable shield as a secondary fire. I can turn it on, crouch, angle it up, and people can shoot over my shoulder without fear of getting hit by anything. Then I have shield wall, heavy armor, thunderdome (which is great for combat rezing) and tremors. A lot of people run mortar fire instead of tremors but I can use tremors while I have up my shield. Now, imminent threat vs resilient plating... I personally like resilient plating but I can see how 25% or so more damage for the squad would be amazing... But so is immortality (and I am the one taking elite siege breaker punches to the face). I guess it depends on how much health you have. If you are running more than 4000 hp, I would probably take imminent threat. But I don't usually throw on that sort of gear for dicking around in ARES.

You?

(oh, and my secondary as a mammoth is usually a burst rifle for pulling. (better range))
    Last edited by Bardarian; 2013-07-16 at 12:15 PM.

Would have to be dragonfly (with mammoth as a close second).

I run dragon as a healer: Healing wave, healing pillar, triage, healing dome, with a biorifle (rejuv alt fire). I use a grenade launcher as my secondary to make up for my primary's lack of AOE. I could use my healing abilities for AoE but I tend to play conservatively and focus on keeping everyone up. It's the sort of healing I have dreamed about since I first used a conal heal in Age of Conan. I have, a healing circle entered on me, a healing circle I can shoot somewhere else, a conal wave heal, a shotgun heal, and battle rez. Now, battlerez vs healing ball... My wife and I get into some what joking slightly heated debates about that.

Now, mammoth I run as a tank. By using the dread machine gun, I get an impenetrable shield as a secondary fire. I can turn it on, crouch, angle it up, and people can shoot over my shoulder without fear of getting hit by anything. Then I have shield wall, heavy armor, thunderdome (which is great for combat rezing) and tremors. A lot of people run mortar fire instead of tremors but I can use tremors while I have up my shield. Now, imminent threat vs resilient plating... I personally like resilient plating but I can see how 25% or so more damage for the squad would be amazing... But so is immortality (and I am the one taking elite siege breaker punches to the face). I guess it depends on how much health you have. If you are running more than 4000 hp, I would probably take imminent threat. But I don't usually throw on that sort of gear for dicking around in ARES.

You?

(oh, and my secondary as a mammoth is usually a burst rifle for pulling. (better range))
    I don't know yet. I remembered playing an engineer class over a year ago, before the new frames were out, so I spent my first 10 on Bastion (apparently people seem to think he's sort of OP? I found out once I got in game). I like him so far. I'm also interested in the Recluse and the Mammoth, possibly the Firebat. It's hard to make a decision. I'm very attached to style and I definitely don't like the looks on all frames.

Also, I noticed a frame with a tail in the thread, so I might just hold back on spending my next 10 until that releases. A scorpion type of frame (I used to have an action doll with a scorpion tail once), I might dig that.

I don't know yet. I remembered playing an engineer class over a year ago, before the new frames were out, so I spent my first 10 on Bastion (apparently people seem to think he's sort of OP? I found out once I got in game). I like him so far. I'm also interested in the Recluse and the Mammoth, possibly the Firebat. It's hard to make a decision. I'm very attached to style and I definitely don't like the looks on all frames.

Also, I noticed a frame with a tail in the thread, so I might just hold back on spending my next 10 until that releases. A scorpion type of frame (I used to have an action doll with a scorpion tail once), I might dig that.
    Higher ranks of miniturret gives you more turrets. Stack a sentinel pod on them and you have insane fire power.

Higher ranks of miniturret gives you more turrets. Stack a sentinel pod on them and you have insane fire power.
    Right, nice

Thanks for the details on both those frames though. I like your thought process.

Right, nice

Thanks for the details on both those frames though. I like your thought process.
    Thank you

Would you recommend doing Mini-turrets + Heavy Turret + Sentinel pod? Or rather go for more supportive/others?

Would you recommend doing Mini-turrets + Heavy Turret + Sentinel pod? Or rather go for more supportive/others?
    That's the typical build. It's very good.

If you want to go more support, Electron's ability kit and the base engineer results in some amazing buffs / support stuff.
    Electron
    Boomerang Shot - "Fires an electric shot which returns to the Electron, dealing damage to all enemies in its path."
    Bulwark - "The Electron shoots a ball of energy, which explodes on impact. Friendly nearby targets are Shielded, absorbing a medium amount of damage. This ability can be re-activated to detonate early."
    Overclocking Station - "Deploys a pad which attaches to a flat surface. Allies that walk over the pad gain increased movement speed and energy regeneration."

Electrical Storm - "Fires a projectile the detonates on impact, creating a slow moving and powerful electrical storm. The storm gains in size as it moves, dealing massive damage and Snaring nearby targets, reducing their movement speed. Can be activated again to detonate."

Engineer
    Heavy Turret - "Deploys an automated, self-upgrading turret."
    Deployable Shield - "Deploy a protective forcefield."
    Supply Station - "Quickly deploys a powerful supply station."

Anti-Personnel Turret - "Deploys a powerful mannable turret that can be used by friendlies."

^ some support abilities electron has access too
    Last edited by Bardarian; 2013-07-16 at 01:13 PM.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Get an Electron
    Get some friends
    Run turret, shield, deployable supplies, super turret.
    Enjoy.

Main weapon is a non zoomable sniper rifle, alt fire is a burst lightning ball. Grenade launcher for secondary weapon. I don't get to play enough right now, but Electron is awesome groups and solo with that setup.
    BAD WOLF

That's the typical build. It's very good.

If you want to go more support, Electron's ability kit and the base engineer results in some amazing buffs / support stuff.
    Electron
    Boomerang Shot - "Fires an electric shot which returns to the Electron, dealing damage to all enemies in its path."
    Bulwark - "The Electron shoots a ball of energy, which explodes on impact. Friendly nearby targets are Shielded, absorbing a medium amount of damage. This ability can be re-activated to detonate early."
    Overclocking Station - "Deploys a pad which attaches to a flat surface. Allies that walk over the pad gain increased movement speed and energy regeneration."

Electrical Storm - "Fires a projectile the detonates on impact, creating a slow moving and powerful electrical storm. The storm gains in size as it moves, dealing massive damage and Snaring nearby targets, reducing their movement speed. Can be activated again to detonate."

Engineer
    Heavy Turret - "Deploys an automated, self-upgrading turret."
    Deployable Shield - "Deploy a protective forcefield."
    Supply Station - "Quickly deploys a powerful supply station."

Anti-Personnel Turret - "Deploys a powerful mannable turret that can be used by friendlies."

^ some support abilities electron has access too
    Thanks mate I'll most likely pick up another "class" to keep it varied though. So I'll stick to my Bastion as the one engineer.

Quote Originally Posted by Kittyvicious View Post
    Get an Electron
    Get some friends
    Run turret, shield, deployable supplies, super turret.
    Enjoy.

Main weapon is a non zoomable sniper rifle, alt fire is a burst lightning ball. Grenade launcher for secondary weapon. I don't get to play enough right now, but Electron is awesome groups and solo with that setup.

Alrdy got the Bastion :P sorry :P
    Last edited by Vespian; 2013-07-16 at 01:34 PM.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Alrdy got the Bastion :P sorry :P
    Then you have failed us all!
    BAD WOLF

I have been playing Recluse and Dragonfly. Recluse for soloing and just plowing through mobs. Even with my stock gear (im having issues with the crafting system) I seem to do pretty well unless I get some super strong mobs on me. Dragonfly is great in ARES missions or group play, but I dont seem to get as much credit for the missions as I do in my Recluse. They need to look at how healing gives credit IMO.

Warrior - Twitch - Twitter Sig by: Isilrien

Great, zone is full messages, then it logs me out on 0.....

Definitely been having fun with open beta.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Thumping has become even more disappointing than it used to be. Back in early beta, a single thumper would spawn waves and waves of mobs. Right now, I'm waiting for the action and if anything spawns, 99% of the time my turret(s) take care of it immediately. And you might say, well, that's just low lvl, but that's exactly it, I'm comparing low level versus low level right now. And I too, absolutely hate that there's only a few people running around anywhere you go, unless you hit ARES missions or tornadoes. Thumpers don't attract more than 2 people at a time it seems. I used to get attacked every two feet, now I was wondering why the hell I could move from outpost to outpost without even being attacked once. Yes, not even once.

I've taken a long break from the game in hope to see it grow before I burned out and it has, in a few fields, but it seems to have become less fun in its main meat.
    Red5 screwed the pooch when they introduced the magical double resource bonus.

The introduction of that mechanic completely removed the risk/reward that was previously in the game and added to the fun of thumping. Before the resource bonus there was an actual incentive to go up a size or two because even if you didn't get the thumper to 100% capacity and had to send it up early you could still out-gather the smaller thumpers (i.e. getting a medium thumper to 20% would have more resources than a small thumper at 100%).

Now its a better investment of your time just to play it safe so you can get your double resource bonus. Getting a stock thumper to 100% is going to yield more resources than only being able to fill a medium thumper to 75%. I still don't understand the design choices that lead up to this change but I feel like it was one of the first big ones that made think 'WTF are they doing to the game?'

Btw, people who want to raid on friday nights but are having trouble finding a guild, here you go.

http://banebusters.com/page.php?7

Mission Statement – Bane Busters™ - A Firefall Community

The Baneclaw must die. More importantly, it must die with a well-coordinated attack. This attack must come swiftly and absolutely. The Baneclaw must die. Meaning: Our group values coordinated gameplay against Firefall’s dynamic and player-driven events. We’ll find the best way to make a kill and reproduce it with our community. This makes our members highly efficient at completing their objective with a high degree of success. When you have to grind for days to get the next M.A.N. , you’ll only trust your success to one group, Bane Busters™.
    Recruitment Standards – Bane Busters™ - A Firefall Community

Don’t be a troll. Don’t forget your common sense. If you agree to join an event, you agree to abide by the requests of your event’s planner. We have rules in place to make things go as smoothly as possible. As new events are published in Firefall’s live server, we’ll update our website with new standards for completing the event. Read on for Baneclaw instructions and requirements.
    What You Need To Know Before The Event

1. Dreadnaughts – YOU MUST HAVE: Shield Wall, Repulsor Blast, and Heavy Armor or Teleport Shot.

2. Don’t talk in zone chat or draw attention to yourself by deploying tiki torches, fireworks, flares, or thumpers.

3. Don’t use Line of Sight denying or attack blocking abilities like Poison Trail, Thunderdome, Gravity well, or Quick Deploy Shields.

4. Lower your graphics. This event is prone to crashing before, during, and after the event for lower end machines.

5. Don’t use your Elemental Ammo power-up until your event leader confirms that the M.A.N has been deployed successfully.

6. Dreadnaughts are the most preferred battleframe for the Baneclaw. Seconded by the Biotech (Dragonfly), and then the Recon (Raptor) and Engineer as support classes. Please DO NOT use the Assault frame.

7. Don’t chase the melding wall as it recedes. Its actual position is not always where you see it on your screen, and following after it can sometimes kill you.

8. Don’t park your vehicles on or near the melding anomaly. It can bug out the call-down area.

9. Define and avoid PoGs. PoGs are random players who have stumbled across the Baneclaw group. They may attract more players to the area, Troll the group, or even outright sabotage the Baneclaw fight. Avoiding PoGs is a high priority, as more players makes Baneclaw harder to fight.

10. You must have Printed stage ONE, Plating, Weapons, and abilities to attend this event.
    Baneclaw Boss Expectations

The Baneclaw is an event boss triggered by the use of a Melding Anomaly Neutralizer on a Melding Anomaly located inside the northern repulsor fields. To spawn the Baneclaw, the M.A.N. user will need to deploy their call-down half-way inside the anomaly’s animation.

Once the device has been deployed successfully, all members should deploy their elemental ammo power-up and Dreadnaughts deploy Shield Wall. The Baneclaw’s initial attack will be a “crater-like” maneuver that will deliver a 360 degree area knockback to all participants except those behind Shield Wall. Players who get knocked back regroup and form up at his head and shoot him in the face this will achieve maximum damage.

After the Baneclaw has taken a few volleys, it will glow a purpleish-blue which indicates it’s now invulnerable. Stop Shooting the Baneclaw and begin killing the Hellclaw mobs as they spawn. The faster Hellcaws are killed, the sooner the Baneclaw’s invulnerability will end. During the Baneclaw’s invulnerability period, it will spawn Hellclaws and begin a “crater-like” attack that will be marked by large concentric purple rings that will appear on the ground prior to its execution. As long as you can get out of the purple rings before the Baneclaw jumps, you’ll be OK. If you get hit, pop heavy armor or Sheild Wall run away from the damage zone. The Baneclaw will often use this crater ability two to three times before the Hellclaws are cleared and his invulnerability drops. This attack pattern will repeat and the Baneclaw’s crater spike rings will grow larger the longer the event lasts. Eventually, this ability will cover the entire engagement area and will kill everyone.

You have five minutes and fourty-five seconds to kill Baneclaw from the moment the Melding repulsor amplifier is started. Take any longer, and the melding wall comes back to wipe the entire group.
    Last edited by Bardarian; 2013-07-17 at 12:30 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I haven't played in a long ass time since I've been testing XIV pretty extensively for the past 3 months or so.

Anyways, did they end up keeping that janky repair system they implemented a while back? That was kind of why I stopped squeezing this game into my free time.
    Mountains rise in the distance stalwart as the stars, fading forever.
    Roads ever weaving, soul ever seeking the hunter's mark.

10+ Year Old Account
    I keep hearing biotechs are kinda OP. Supposedly their gun deals really good damage on top of their ability to heal. I think I'll try biotech in case it gets nerfed.