Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Sorrior View Post
    I was NOT saying it was good for the population i was saying that back then people thought differently and in a well more basic "if she bleeds she breeds" mentality.
    Really? Then what's this supposed to mean:
    Quote Originally Posted by Sorrior View Post
    Or i dunno people just didn't CARE since ya know it helped the population and keep the species alive. Could be that as well.

As for ignoring your other arguments others have dealt with them and also pretty sure i pointed out how to this day there are cultures that practice child marriage and just overlook the ensuing child rape.
    No, no one has argued why it is safe for a 10 year old to give birth. Which was my argument. As I just spent an entire post trying to point out to you. And now you think you've dismissed that argument by saying there's cultures practicing child marriage...? Anyway to entertain your sidetracking, I don't know much about Indian cultures, but in your other example of muslims, I'm pretty sure the average age historically has been significantly higher than 10. The example given of Muhammad is just an extreme (even if you believe it) and should not be taken as the norm. It's an example of a political marriage that the upper class are pressured to take. As is the case with Europe, normal people probably married much later.

People also actually matured then unlike today or so it seems. The hardships in life back then EASILY could have made even a 10 year old about as mature as a modern "adult" a term i use loosely since it seems a fair number if not most supposed "adults" of my generation are stuck in a mental pit of perpetual pubescence. So they woukd have been more mentally able.
    Completely besides the point. Whether they matured emotionally/mentally earlier or not is irrelevant to whether they can give birth safely.

RELATIVE a girls ability to concieve is most likely relative to the age she first entered puberty. For instance lets say we delay puberty in a girl till age 20 will that 20 year old be able to safely concieve with no physical changes. No i doubt it. So if a girl entered puberty at say age 6 then yeah a 10 year old could probably give safe birth.
    =/
    The safety factor is about giving birth, not conceiving. A girl entering puberty at age 6 is still not going to have a physical body capable of safely giving birth at 10. Puberty is related to the ability to conceive, not the physical preparedness to give birth.

But again why would ancient peoples think this way? She also COULD have survived without it odds were just super low.
    You're argument appears to be like this: women were property, therefore men tries to kill young girls as quickly as possible. That's just ridiculous. Why would ancient peoples think this way indeed? Clearly any rational person would want to use their properties in a way that gives maximum benefit. You conceded the odds of survival were "super low", so why would anyone risk almost certain death for a very slim chance at 1 baby, when they could get say 5 babies out of the same "property" by waiting a while?

Oh and i don't troll not on purpose anyway i truly believe semaphore is being naive about human history let alone the prevalence of those who would even rape a prepubescent. Though i also respect his/her intelligence for obvious reasons.
    You truly believe what you imagined I was saying instead of what I actually wrote, it seems. I have no illusions about the brutality of the human race. I just understand that this callousness is borne out of a desire for profit, and not for the sake of inflicting death and suffering for next to no reason. And yes, there are many child rapists. Doesn't mean people didn't care because it "helped the population" as you stated.

As for the relative bit i meant that the earlier one enters puberty the earlier it completes and thus the earlier a safe birth will occur.
    Why? Can you provide any evidence whatsoever to support this assertion? The 5 year old mother that came up a lot in this thread had puberty at 8 months old. It was still obviously not even remotely safe for her to give birth.
    Last edited by semaphore; 2011-11-14 at 10:59 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Semaphore you're an idiot. I have stated time and time again that i amviewing things from an older perspective HOWEVER you cannot do this it seems for you merely see what the modern world has taught you. For instance the VERY first bits you quoted i already covered. Yes the mother and child COULD DIE but back then it was more about perpetuating the family line than about the life and death of the mother and yes even child. Try thinking of it with THEIR knowledge. The idea of death during birth was accepted as a possible fact of life. Now again i am NOT saying this was normal merely that if it had happened back then it most likely wouldn't have seemed even half as abnormal socially speaking if at all.

Again i read more of you're post and i see current thoughts. No people did not try to kill but even a full grown woman could easily die then giving childbirth and by TODAYS standards that matter but do you think it did back then? I doubt even half as much as today. Life and death were viewed differently.

As for lina yes she had a small pelvis as i just double checked but who is to say she COULDN't have fiven birth. Now she may not jave lived nor the and ahh hell why am i even arguing this bit. In olden times women could die during birth it was accepted fact.

Concepts that you are touting the obes that toy seem to belueve all hunans have or all sane ones or i dunno ESPECIALLY concerning sex are quite recent. And again i am merely stating that in even todays worols there are communities where even 5 year olds are married off and consequently raped. Is this normal? No was it? No. BUT it IS done and it IS fairly common with even 8-13 year olds.

So yes IF in ancient medical times a 10 year old girl had been able to become pregnant and had been impregnated most people probably wouldn't have really cared.

Oh and i apologize for my insults at the start of my post. I would have edited it but on my phone which is being cantankerous and i had just gotten up and i have yet to eat so i was more easily influenced by my emotions and for that i apologize. I will most likely try yo avoid this thread in the future since we obviously cannot agree nor convince the other regardless of what we may say or show. But such is the way of the world is it not and how dull would it be if we all agreed.
    Again sorry and i did have fun and i do respect your intelligence and knowledge i just also feel that your posts had too many modern values in your posts. Or i guess you could say too much "heart" in them to agree with.

What the fuck. Age of consent at 12?! This is sick.