Poll: GOTY goes to...

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Donkeypuncher View Post
    Really didn't think that one out did ya? BOTH will have a sequel in 10years so neither of the two will be played lol.
    Really didn't think that one out did ya?

Oblivion came out in 2006 and even to this DAY (with Skyrim being out for a day) people are STILL making mods for it.

That's....6 YEARS (NEARLY SEVEN if you wanna count 2012 being a month away) it was kept alive by the modding community..think of what they can do with skyrim.

Quote Originally Posted by Malcor View Post

Oblivion came out in 2006 and even to this DAY (with Skyrim being out for a day) people are STILL making mods for it.

That's....6 YEARS (NEARLY SEVEN if you wanna count 2012 being a month away) it was kept alive by the modding community..think of what they can do with skyrim.
    A bunch of old multiplayer games are still being played. Like Civ 2. I don't think longevity is the sole judge of a game's quality. Certainly a big part of it's value, but not quality.

Quote Originally Posted by 4KhazModan View Post
    It's not just IGN, check meta critic, its getting as high as skyrim.
    As of this posting, Skyrim (360) has 66 reviews. Skyward Sword has 26. Wait until the game is released before comparing the two.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

10+ Year Old Account
    How come no Dark Soul Option???

Arkham Asylum won.

Arkham City is very similar.

It should win and be $20 and I will have saved lots of money when I actually buy it.

Quote Originally Posted by Caiada View Post
    A bunch of old multiplayer games are still being played. Like Civ 2. I don't think longevity is the sole judge of a game's quality. Certainly a big part of it's value, but not quality.
    I know that.

Any game that has a multiplayer community will play it..hell people still play Unreal Tournament 99.

I'm just saying the breadth of content that Skyrim has is good enough if your on the xbox it has alot of replayability. That INCREASES if your on the PC I must have clocked in more hours than I care to think into oblivion thanks to mods.

Although I have my GOTY reserves for Dark Souls, Uncharted 3, and Zelda, I'd have to say Batman: Arkham City would win between these two. As much as I enjoy the Elder Scrolls series, the Batman's "Arkham" series of games have been a fresh addition to the action game genre. I like Skyrim and its vast, open gaming experience, but Batman was ALOT of fun. That being said, neither can compete with Dark Souls, currently, and I don't see much beating Zelda.

And on the topic of Zelda, Zelda is indeed and RPG series. It was originally a classic RPG with the same dungeon-crawling and inventory/quest style many RPG's still use today. Over the years it has changed from the classic RPG to a more Action RPG style like that of Mass Effect and Knights of the Old Republic(both games state Ocarina of Time as a major influence of their game's style). Most think of RPG as the turn-based style of rpg that Final Fantasy and Chrono Trigger are famous for. The ability to buy/sell items, the deep story and character involvement and the use of doing quests/missions to not only propel the story forward, but also gain additional rewards are the main staples of the RPG genre. All of these elements have been appearent in almost every Zelda game. Therefore, it is indeed an RPG and it has without a doubt influenced a gigantic percentage of other games with its innovation and fun factor.

(X) None of the above, PACMAN!
    Krakshot - MM Hunter
    Humiliation - Prot/Holy Paladin
    Purification - Disc/Holy Priest

Originally posted by someone or the other :
    Don't try and make sense of a game that sends you dragons in the mail

Quote Originally Posted by Raizenyokai View Post
    Although I have my GOTY reserves for Dark Souls, Uncharted 3, and Zelda, I'd have to say Batman: Arkham City would win between these two. As much as I enjoy the Elder Scrolls series, the Batman's "Arkham" series of games have been a fresh addition to the action game genre. I like Skyrim and its vast, open gaming experience, but Batman was ALOT of fun. That being said, neither can compete with Dark Souls, currently, and I don't see much beating Zelda.

And on the topic of Zelda, Zelda is indeed and RPG series. It was originally a classic RPG with the same dungeon-crawling and inventory/quest style many RPG's still use today. Over the years it has changed from the classic RPG to a more Action RPG style like that of Mass Effect and Knights of the Old Republic(both games state Ocarina of Time as a major influence of their game's style). Most think of RPG as the turn-based style of rpg that Final Fantasy and Chrono Trigger are famous for. The ability to buy/sell items, the deep story and character involvement and the use of doing quests/missions to not only propel the story forward, but also gain additional rewards are the main staples of the RPG genre. All of these elements have been appearent in almost every Zelda game. Therefore, it is indeed an RPG and it has without a doubt influenced a gigantic percentage of other games with its innovation and fun factor.
    I wouldn't personally call it an RPG of any sort. You can hardly change your gear (aside from new items you get). There's no experience or levels. The story has always been light and the characters minor (if still memorable. Still love the battleship game guy in WW)

I mean, it's got RPG-ish parts and it's definitely influenced loads of games, but it's not an RPG.

arkham city is the same game you played before... still not that fun -_-

Ive been playing Skyrim for the last few days, and i will say this. OP talks about Arkham City having 100 hours of gameplay and thus comparable to Skyrim; Skyrim has 2-3 times that. The main quest line alone will take you 60-70 hours.

I'm a little iffy about Skyrim. The combat looks boring as hell, but the world looks like it'd be huge and immersive.

Personally I think Dark Souls was a lot of fun, and from the many videos I've watched, skyrim doesn't hold a tee to it. Though, Zelda sounds like it'll be better than both. Waiting till christmas day to play it
    Can't spell 'NICE BALANCE' without Ice Lance.

Quote Originally Posted by station View Post
    I'm a little iffy about Skyrim. The combat looks boring as hell, but the world looks like it'd be huge and immersive.

Personally I think Dark Souls was a lot of fun, and from the many videos I've watched, skyrim doesn't hold a tee to it. Though, Zelda sounds like it'll be better than both. Waiting till christmas day to play it
    You have the patience of a saint then. I'm trading in games (which I never do) just to get it on release day :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Skyward sword wins and it's not even out.

Quote Originally Posted by Malcor View Post

A little reading comprehension would tell you he means the majority of gamers, not the few die hard. There are tons of games that are still being played years longer then they should be. Heck I still know people that play the original Counter Strike and Star Craft.

The people still playing and modding Oblivion are a very minor percentage of gamers. Of course people are still going to make mods for it, they are the people that have put too much time into it and don't want to jump over yet.

On Topic - My vote will go to Batman out of these two. Skyrim is OK but is already starting to get boring after 15 or so hours. I have just started playing AC and I know I'm going to go for 100% completion, just like I did the first one. I can't say that for too many games.