Page 1 of 2
LastLast

"Arms and prot will get blood and thunder"

Move down 1 line

"Berserker Stance may become a +AE damage stance with no stance penalties and restrictions, allowing you to use Battle Stance for single targets."

Makes sense with the new talents. I just hope they keep Deep Wounds and make it a base ability for Arms / Fury, or even just class wide, since some prot specs do use it. Deep Wounds is one of the abilities that really makes a warrior to me and it would be pretty sad if they remove it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Deep Wounds removal is good for PVP though. More burst, less sustained that way. It looks like they are making our stances more like DKs presences. If only Battle were changed to 115% movement speed and a 1s GCD!
    "Gamer" is not a bad word. I identify as a gamer. When calling out those who persecute and harass, the word you're looking for is "asshole." @_DonAdams
    When you see someone in a thread making the same canned responses over and over, click their name, click view forum posts, and see if they are a troll. Then don't feed them.

Quote Originally Posted by Synche View Post
    Makes sense with the new talents. I just hope they keep Deep Wounds and make it a base ability for Arms / Fury, or even just class wide, since some prot specs do use it. Deep Wounds is one of the abilities that really makes a warrior to me and it would be pretty sad if they remove it.

But don't you see the disconnect of handing really 2 aoe abilities over to arms, 1 of which would be one of the best warrior aoe abilities, then saying fury is gonna be the aoe spec?
    Last edited by leafs43; 2011-11-11 at 05:57 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by leafs43 View Post
    But don't you see the disconnect of handing really 2 aoe abilities over to arms, 1 of which would be one of the best warrior aoe abilities, then saying fury is gonna be the aoe spec?
    You are not understanding what they are saying. Fury is not going to be tied into berserker stance, nor arms into battle stance. If your target is 1 mob, you use Battle, if its multiple you use Berserker. Blood and Thunder, is rend being applied by thunderclap, which is not really a fury thing. Fury will probably utilize Whirlwind and cleaves, while Arms and Prot would use Thunder clap and cleaves. Which is already true on live.
    "Gamer" is not a bad word. I identify as a gamer. When calling out those who persecute and harass, the word you're looking for is "asshole." @_DonAdams
    When you see someone in a thread making the same canned responses over and over, click their name, click view forum posts, and see if they are a troll. Then don't feed them.

Stances and specs will no longer be tied together.

I wonder if this will make rend part of furys rotation now seeing the removeal of stance requirements. I for one wold love that.

Sorry, but I think the direction they're moving with this game reminds me of what SOE did with SWG. To me it ruins everything this game used to even be about. It's becoming ENTIRELY unfamiliar.

Mechagnome
    15+ Year Old Account
    ZOMG guise I has no clue as to wuts goin on at blizzurd, I is fearful of changez.

It's coming and it won't nearly be as bad as you say it will be. In fact I think it brings warriors to a whole new level.
    Quote Originally Posted by Surreal
    grim toll is the worst trinket you could get for survival. Hands down Meteorite wheat stone is better than it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Now, if only they make it so protection warriors get the -6% critical regardless of stance, like all those years before 4.0.1.
    People take stupidity to a whole new level when they sit in front of a computer.

www.poepra2.com.br Um blog para quem prefere jogos multiplayer.

Quote Originally Posted by shadowkras View Post
    Now, if only they make it so protection warriors get the -6% critical regardless of stance, like all those years before 4.0.1.
    Would beg the question of what is the defensive stance's purpose. I've always quite liked the prot stance dependence for keeping my bars uncluttered.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    you're likely wrong, and we don't care anyway.
    Source

To make it clear: it would work like this (just an example):

-As Arms, if you are in zerker stance, your Blood and Thunder deals +X% of damage.
    -As Fury, you will have another AoE (Prob. Cleave and Whirlwind) to use while in Zerker Stance.

I loved the way you had to stance dance in Vanilla and BC. Not a case of nostalgia, but going battle to charge, rend, hamstring and then going zerker to deal the damage, going back to overpower and forth to whirlwind. That was cool for me =)

Actually, the new system seems nicer to me, finally reason to intelligently switch stances (Do i want the AoE boost of zerker or single-target of Battle?), it's a bit more involved than "Stick to the stance specific to your spec, write a stancedance-macro for the (very) occasional offspec skill"

That's what i gathered at least, being able to use any skill in any stance, but battle has a buff to single-target skills, zerker a buff to multi-target one, and Prot has the "Don't crit me, bro!"- bonus, might have misinterpreted it though...
    Last edited by mysticx; 2011-11-11 at 04:02 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Marcelopvf View Post

-As Arms, if you are in zerker stance, your Blood and Thunder deals +X% of damage.
    -As Fury, you will have another AoE (Prob. Cleave and Whirlwind) to use while in Zerker Stance.

I loved the way you had to stance dance in Vanilla and BC. Not a case of nostalgia, but going battle to charge, rend, hamstring and then going zerker to deal the damage, going back to overpower and forth to whirlwind. That was cool for me =)

i understand how you and others think stance dancing was cool/fun,but its outdated,clunky and slow.i hated having to switch to zerker stance to pummel.lag would cause players to miss it,having to spam the macro while other class just bang one tap and its over.shield wall in d-stance only was also dumb.atleast now we can over power and use hamstring with wall up.

what blizz needs to do is remove all stance requirements "like no hamstring in d -stance" allow everything to be use is any stance.and make stances more of a buff,like they are now. battle gives you this,zerker gives you that type of thing.stance dancing is not skill,its slow ass macroing.warriors are already hurting in pvp atm,stance dancing would make it worse.warriors would be at a huge disadvantage in pvp and could not compete with other classes like dk's that are fluid and much more smooth play.bringing back out dated mechanics for warriors from previous x-pacs into today's game would only hurt warriors.

Quote Originally Posted by meathead View Post
    i understand how you and others think stance dancing was cool/fun,but its outdated,clunky and slow.i hated having to switch to zerker stance to pummel.lag would cause players to miss it,having to spam the macro while other class just bang one tap and its over.shield wall in d-stance only was also dumb.atleast now we can over power and use hamstring with wall up.

what blizz needs to do is remove all stance requirements "like no hamstring in d -stance" allow everything to be use is any stance.and make stances more of a buff,like they are now. battle gives you this,zerker gives you that type of thing.stance dancing is not skill,its slow ass macroing.warriors are already hurting in pvp atm,stance dancing would make it worse.warriors would be at a huge disadvantage in pvp and could not compete with other classes like dk's that are fluid and much more smooth play.bringing back out dated mechanics for warriors from previous x-pacs into today's game would only hurt warriors.
    I agree with this guy, 100%.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by meathead View Post

Yes... "think stance dancing was cool/fun,but its outdated,clunky and slow" because god forbid they could ever improve the mechanic... right?

I am fine with stance dancing as long as they allow 100% of your rage to carry over all the time. Also, if they were to do something like that, they would almost have to put a stance requirement on every major ability. Otherwise you would just stay in arms stance and bladestorm or visa versa.

Quote Originally Posted by jmdwolfy161 View Post
    Sorry, but I think the direction they're moving with this game reminds me of what SOE did with SWG. To me it ruins everything this game used to even be about. It's becoming ENTIRELY unfamiliar.
    Agree with this completely. The dichotomy created in WotLK between arms and fury was perfect. They ruined it with Cataclysm and now they're just plain sacking it with Mists.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

Quote Originally Posted by VileGenesis View Post
    Yes... "think stance dancing was cool/fun,but its outdated,clunky and slow" because god forbid they could ever improve the mechanic... right?
    If you had read the rest of his post, you would see he did have a good idea for improving it. The concept of stance dancing is very cool, but in practice, is very poor.

Quote Originally Posted by Marcelopvf View Post

I can only talk for BC but you only used Battle stance for charge and the RARE overpower(usually vs rogues). Normally you didn't use rend since its damage was pathetic, hamstring was available in zerker stance along with whirlwind so you preferred to stay in zerker stance.
    Quote Originally Posted by kbarh View Post
    may i suggest you check out wowwiki or any similar site, it's Grom that orders the murder of Cairne