BoA with Eradication?

Earlier this week I was playing around with my warlocks reforging and it had me wonder. I'm sitting at around 35% haste raid buffed.
    During Eradicate I should have 55%+. I've read in a few blogs/threads, that BoA may overtake Doom with 50%+ haste. I've looked around briefly to see if there is any math to support.

Hypothetically, BoD takes it's last tick, Eradication is proc'ed you have over 50% haste. do you cast BoA or BoD at this point.

I'm looking for as close to cold hard facts as you can get. More than just a simple Yes/No.

Thank you!
    Last edited by Sabrius; 2011-11-14 at 06:13 AM. Reason: typo(probably still more)

Deleted
    Your initial BoD with procs up? Probably not. Any BoD without them, maybe if you wait until the next tick.

Quote Originally Posted by Dumbfoundead View Post
    Your initial BoD with procs up? Probably not. Any BoD without them, maybe if you wait until the next tick.
    this seems like sound logic to me. BoD with demon soul and trinkets will be better than BoA no matter your haste(within reason). but assuming you get eradication when your buffed BoD is running out it may be better to BoA. however if your BoA will only benefit from 3 seconds of eradication it probably wont be worth it. while i've not kept up 100% on warlock things, last i heard BoA didn't scale the best with haste.

however if in DS gear you are able to surpass 50% haste without eradication, then it may be worth it to drop BoD entirely.
    Quote Originally Posted by tkjnz
    If memory serves me right, a fox is a female wolf.

At work so hard to verify, but I think I use a number closer to 100% haste as the threshold for using agony over doom - ie, something like Essence of the Red, doom is inferior - but under personal haste scenarios, it is hard to reach that point. You might reach it via lust + erad, but you would only just hit the borderline scenario, not a clearcut A > B.

There is a thread somewhere on here about alysrazor haste maths which I think includes banes based off haste - it definitely covers fillers in the same scenario.
    Last edited by rijn dael; 2011-11-14 at 06:20 AM.

BoA's DPE is half that of BoD.. thus it's never worth it unless in a condition where you have 100% haste or more.

In another thread there was discussion over replacing Glyph of Unstable Affliction with Glyph of Bane of Agony.
    Also most buffs including Rune of Zeth would would apply to every second glyphed BoA.

In case your wondering why switch out these glyphs, even now without all BiS gear you can get 1.1-1.15 cast time on Unstable Affliction without the glyph. During buffs like eradication or trinkets the dps value of the UA glyph would = 0.

Eradication reduces casting time. It does not increase haste (and thus does not affect the tick frequency of dots) nor does it reduce the GCD. You need north of 50% haste (i don't know the exact number) for boa to replace bod. I'll run some quick sims to try and find it.

Quote Originally Posted by nerdzrool View Post
    Eradication reduces casting time. It does not increase haste (and thus does not affect the tick frequency of dots) nor does it reduce the GCD. You need north of 50% haste (i don't know the exact number) for boa to replace bod. I'll run some quick sims to try and find it.
    edit: -1 cookie for false information!
    Last edited by rijn dael; 2011-11-15 at 03:46 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by nerdzrool View Post
    Eradication reduces casting time. It does not increase haste (and thus does not affect the tick frequency of dots) nor does it reduce the GCD.
    Never trust a tooltip. Testing on a dummy, eradication Does increase the number of BoA ticks, and it reduces the GCD too, and haste % in char info.
    Last edited by impending doom; 2011-11-15 at 02:16 AM.