Page 5 of 41 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I have a dilemma.

Let me preface by saying that I've gotten my younger brother of 8 into the whole Zelda series. So far he's played and completed OoT, WW, TP, OoA, OoS, MC and Link's Awakening. He's only 8 so I'm really impressed with him. Anyway, his birthday just passed (three weeks before the game's launch) and all I got him was some shitty toy that he'll enjoy for a few hours. Now, I've pre-ordered this game through Amazon as soon as I discovered I could and I'm even getting CE (Gold WiiM+ controller with the CD) but it won't arrive at my door until the 29th.

Recently I have been getting myself back into the game series and I want badly to play Skyward Sword after having watched a few videos (including the small Demo by Jimmy Fallon). I really, really, really want to play this game as soon as I get it into my hands but my original intentions in getting it were to use it as a Christmas gift to my brother.

The only other thing that could keep me from wanting to play it until then is the possibility of 4.3 being released. Even then, I don't think I'll be strong enough to resist the urge to play.

What should I do? Give my brother an early Christmas present or wait until the actual day of Christmas to give it to him?

Quote Originally Posted by Somebody View Post
    I have a dilemma.

Let me preface by saying that I've gotten my younger brother of 8 into the whole Zelda series. So far he's played and completed OoT, WW, TP, OoA, OoS, MC and Link's Awakening. He's only 8 so I'm really impressed with him. Anyway, his birthday just passed (three weeks before the game's launch) and all I got him was some shitty toy that he'll enjoy for a few hours. Now, I've pre-ordered this game through Amazon as soon as I discovered I could and I'm even getting CE (Gold WiiM+ controller with the CD) but it won't arrive at my door until the 29th.

Recently I have been getting myself back into the game series and I want badly to play Skyward Sword after having watched a few videos (including the small Demo by Jimmy Fallon). I really, really, really want to play this game as soon as I get it into my hands but my original intentions in getting it were to use it as a Christmas gift to my brother.

The only other thing that could keep me from wanting to play it until then is the possibility of 4.3 being released. Even then, I don't think I'll be strong enough to resist the urge to play.

What should I do? Give my brother an early Christmas present or wait until the actual day of Christmas to give it to him?
    I would say wait until the actual day of Christmas, even if it's a bit harder on yourself. It's gonna make one heck of a memory for him.

15+ Year Old Account
    People in Denmark have received their orders today, and I am jalous. :S

Think I will buy a Wii and the game anyway then.

Famitsu's given the game 40/40, higher than TP, same as WW and OoT, and is their 16th perfect score. I didn't have much doubt about them loving it.

People call Nintendo fanboys bad, and I have nothing against TES, even planning to get Skyrim when I get a new computer, but the TES fanbois are outrageously obnoxious.

These last 3 days are gonna be brutal.

Quote Originally Posted by Digglett View Post
    People call Nintendo fanboys bad, and I have nothing against TES, even planning to get Skyrim when I get a new computer, but the TES fanbois are outrageously obnoxious.

These last 3 days are gonna be brutal.
    Yeah :/ Quite a few on this board seem to have some sort of personal vendetta against bright colors and motion controls. My ignore list has probably doubled in size to keep myself from getting into silly arguments.

Quote Originally Posted by Caiada View Post
    Yeah :/ Quite a few on this board seem to have some sort of personal vendetta against bright colors and motion controls. My ignore list has probably doubled in size to keep myself from getting into silly arguments.
    I'm shocked that thread is still open, it's an all out flamefest with no constructive posts, there's been one or two. It's funny anyone who defends Zelda is an automatic fanboy and tool, but if you insult it you're not a TES fanboy or anything, and apparently we're the bias ones for avatar/sig choice. LOL

Deleted
    Personally I cannot wait. Dusted off the Wii. Configured the sensor bar. Everything is set for some hot Zelda action tomorrow.

My only concern is some people had issues running certain games on the Wii apparently due to a subtle switch to dual layer DVDs. Super Smash Bros was one game that caused multiple issues. I am slightly concerned having had my Wii from launch it won't be happy with Zelda. I guess I get it tomorrow and if it don't work buy a new Wii on Saturday and trade the old one in.

Finally a game I can get my teeth into. It's been a considerable amount of time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Guess who is Ganondorf in the new game?
    For the Horde!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Skelington View Post
    Trying to wait patiently...
    SO IMPATIENT!
    Special edition and everything preordered!

Went back to play Minish Cap but beat it in a few hours... Nothing else to do!

Does Skelington have a ZU forum account?

In honor/preparation of the new console Zelda release, and to hopefully ease the painful wait, I made this thread, to gather all the Zelda fans.

I've been in love with the series since A Link to the Past way more than a decade ago now, and have played every iteration of the series since, though maybe not upon release. I bought a Gamecube solely to play Wind Waker, finally got into the OoT remake (had no N64) and Master Quest (brutal game), and got Twilight Princess for Christmas years ago.

Now, I'm finally able to get one of the games on release, and the anticipation is killing me! Every review I read makes it worse....

So, what are you guys doing while you wait for Skyward Sword? Anybody as excited as me? What are people looking forward to the most?

3 days left until it's released everywhere. (US gets it last :/)
    While waiting I went back and 100% the Zelda games that I own

Sucks having to wait till Sunday for the game
    Hard to keep my self from reading spoilers.

Quote Originally Posted by The Blackout View Post
    I know, I'm so scared I'm going to run into a spoiler. Only thing I've spoiled so far is the music, and the bat guy. :/

I know the feeling. I feel like every bit of information I almost read about the game's another spoiler though.

For anybody else interested, IGN just put a Q&A article last night on their opinions of the game and why they have them, spoiler-free, just in case you weren't hyped enough already.

I know the feeling. I feel like every bit of information I almost read about the game's another spoiler though.

For anybody else interested, IGN just put a Q&A article last night on their opinions of the game and why they have them, spoiler-free, just in case you weren't hyped enough already.
    Sweet maybe I will go read it later thanks

hmm this will be intresting this i 1 of few game i have done little to no reserch on

will be awsomne

I am so excited for this game! Been waiting for a 1:1 motion Zelda since they announced it.
    Rushed through the Skyrim main quest so I wouldnt be distracted when this came out tomorrow XD

Definitely going collector's edition.

Quote Originally Posted by cuervos View Post
    I am so excited for this game! Been waiting for a 1:1 motion Zelda since they announced it.
    Rushed through the Skyrim main quest so I wouldnt be distracted when this came out tomorrow XD

Definitely going collector's edition.
    I think this is the first game that came to everyone's mind when they heard the whole motion control thing. When Skyward Sword was first announced at E3, I think the game came with the Master Sword and Hylian shield that Miyamoto was holding. :<

Quote Originally Posted by DissPanda View Post
    SPOILER SUPER SPOILER DO NOT READ IF YOU DO NOT WANT TO SEE THE FULL GAME

So this guy has (To my knowledge) finished the first full Let's Play the Legend of Zelda Skyward Sword

It misses 2 parts because of recording issues, tho nothing of value seems to be lost.

If you like to be spoiled early, enjoy watching it like I have.

END SPOILER

---------- Post added 2011-11-16 at 05:28 PM ----------

Im going to spoil it for you: No kissing. Sadly..... Not even the slightest hug...

bah keep that spoiler away from me

ive been waiting for 7+ months for this and i dont wana spoil my wait i wont look
    Last edited by thunderdragon2; 2011-11-17 at 11:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Suff View Post
    Does Skelington have a ZU forum account?
    Only one way to find out! Or two. Or maybe three... Hmmmm.... Could be quite a few actually...

Ugh... Skelington knows the feeling. Why can't it come out friday so he can live off of it during the weekend?!

Quote Originally Posted by Digglett View Post
    I think this is the first game that came to everyone's mind when they heard the whole motion control thing. When Skyward Sword was first announced at E3, I think the game came with the Master Sword and Hylian shield that Miyamoto was holding. :<
    [IMG]http://telegames2600.files.wordpress.com/2011/09/miyamoto1.jpg?w=239&h=279[IMG]
    Skelington wishes it came with that. He would have so much fun with a master sword and hylian shield; wii-mote/nunchuck replacing or not.
    Last edited by Skelington; 2011-11-17 at 11:40 PM.