Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    awesome layout really good work

Deleted
    Looks like a solid guide. Btw, I thought I read somewhere that morchok's stomp does double damage to the 2 closest targets and while that is probably generally soaked by the tanks, a sub rogue was ideal to soak it together with the OT?

Quote Originally Posted by Ahdehl View Post
    Ultraxion should be combat only. You still cannot Backstab him. Without being able to Backstab, Muti/Sub fall FAR behind.
    I'm still hoping this won't go live. Considering he was able to be backstabbed in the very first tests we know Blizzard is playing at least with the thought of allowing that. Even though he wasn't able to be backstabbed for a long time now my hope dies last! If this will go live I'll update it.

Quote Originally Posted by jorbo View Post
    Looks like a solid guide. Btw, I thought I read somewhere that morchok's stomp does double damage to the 2 closest targets and while that is probably generally soaked by the tanks, a sub rogue was ideal to soak it together with the OT?
    On normal mode you'll have 2 tanks for one boss and you would lose DPS (unless your raid has very good positioning and is aware of how the stomp works) by soaking the stomp along with your tank. I'll get back to that in the heroic version though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Is the damage from Morchoks stomp physical btw? Was just wondering if a rogue (on HC) could take 2 stomps in a row up close to the boss (aka the 2nd person closest to the boss with the current tank) with glyph of cloak + feint if things go bad? Or even 3 when counting in cheat death?
    Last edited by Tekloth; 2011-11-22 at 05:22 AM.

Deleted
    Awesome guide.

I don't know if I should go for the ability tooltip or the dungeon journal (they don't agree), but either way: if you're struggling with Ultraxion, reforge everything from expertise to haste - courtesy of Unstable Monstrosity.

Also, I'm using http://bossblueprint.com/world-of-warcraft/app/ internally for my guild's progression, and as soon as the new radar views are available this could be a great thing to add to the guide (with rogue specific notes).
    Last edited by mmoc0b3cb0c063; 2011-11-22 at 02:00 PM.

Couple of things I noticed from my 10 man DS run last night on PTR:

You can backstab Burning Tendons on Spire of Deathwing, the add that must be killed when you pry up the plate. You can shadow step to it, will be behind it for a quick second, then you will be teleported back into the middle. However, you can ambush/bs it in the front. May be a better spec than combat since AoE the bloods needs careful consideration when the fight progresses due to AoE splash when they die, especially on heroic.

On Madness of Deathwing, you can backstab from the front on Mutated Corruptions as well as the arms/wings of deathwing, as well as his head when head in P2. However, you cannot shadowstep Mutated Corruptions, and I believe you can only shadowstep the arms and not the wings; SSing the wings drops you in the maelstorm.

Combat may be superior for this fight due to AR/KS being up when played well for every Mutated Corruption, and KS will be up when the dragons add the 100% damage to the arms/wings. However, blade flurry does not hit the blistering tentacles that spawn on the wings/arms (via EJ 4.3 mechanics thread, may still need another test). Killing spree cannot be used on the Elementium Meteor, even when it hits the ground and needs to be DPSd for KS will still port you to the wings/arms when used.

Then again, Subtlety will always have Shadow Dance available for Mutated Corruptions, and vanish every 2 mins will work on the wings/arms during the burn phase. You can also go into an enveloping shadow spec to help with meteors and other AoE damage throughout the fight. You can use shadow step to quickly switch to the meteor when it is slowed, however it does place you in the air for a second, so be prepared to adjust. However, you lack the AoE for Regenerative Bloods, but every spec may suffer the burst AoE necessary, with a quick blade flurry being the only exception.

Since you can backstab in the front on these two fights, I sure hope Blizzard puts this back for Ultraxion. Not only does this hurt rogues, but it makes feral druids obsolete for that encounter.

This is awesome, thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by Lacuna View Post
    Killing spree cannot be used on the Elementium Meteor, even when it hits the ground and needs to be DPSd for KS will still port you to the wings/arms when used.
    Incorrect. You can KS the Meteor when it hits and plugs into the ground.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lachtobi View Post
    Awesome guide.

I don't know if I should go for the ability tooltip or the dungeon journal (they don't agree), but either way: if you're struggling with Ultraxion, reforge everything from expertise to haste - courtesy of Unstable Monstrosity.
    Ultraxion can still dodge so you shouldnt reforge away your expertise at all, unless you wanna see them dodges flying.

The BiS lists should be done for now unless there will be major EP changes in the upcoming ShadowCraft update/due to gear. I also added normal mode lists (if you spot any errors there, post here please).

Quote Originally Posted by Tekloth View Post
    Is the damage from Morchoks stomp physical btw? Was just wondering if a rogue (on HC) could take 2 stomps in a row up close to the boss (aka the 2nd person closest to the boss with the current tank) with glyph of cloak + feint if things go bad? Or even 3 when counting in cheat death?
    It looked like it on the PTR, yes. However things would have to go really bad for you to soak stomps on both Morchok bosses on heroic and it'd likely result in a wipe either way. This is not something you should really be thinking about/considering.

Quote Originally Posted by Lacuna View Post
    Couple of things I noticed from my 10 man DS run last night on PTR:

[snip]
    I agree that Subtlety looks pretty strong for Spine of Deathwing (moreso on heroic) however I wouldn't really suggest it for Madness of Deathwing. The cleaving there really adds up. I'm also still hoping for Sub on Ultraxion. :/

Done with the legendary chain.

Can some one link or give me a rotation for sub i have the spec but i dont know the rotation

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Xtk View Post
    Can some one link or give me a rotation for sub i have the spec but i dont know the rotation
    ... There's a sticky in this very Rogue forum about Sub. And no I'm not gonna link it, I'm not your mom.

Deleted
    http://ptr.wowhead.com/compare?items...9.0.4100:77091

Item set for BiS Sub (Legendary stage isn't on Wowhead yet) and bare in mind this is agnostic of buffs and spec.

Still, this tier is alarmingly well itemised for Subtlety with tier helm, tier shoulders, bracers, off-set chest, ranged weapon, ring, cape and necklace not needing any reforging (has haste and crit already).

Quote Originally Posted by Xeast View Post
    http://ptr.wowhead.com/compare?items...9.0.4100:77091

Item set for BiS Sub (Legendary stage isn't on Wowhead yet) and bare in mind this is agnostic of buffs and spec.

Still, this tier is alarmingly well itemised for Subtlety with tier helm, tier shoulders, bracers, off-set chest, ranged weapon, ring, cape and necklace not needing any reforging (has haste and crit already).
    Neither the cloak, nor the chest in your link should be available in-game unless I'm absolutely wrong.

I just want to take some time and say thank you for this very fine guide! I was asked to reroll rogue for 4.3, and this seems to be really helpful!

Any news on the best in slot gear before heroic modes?

Right now I am BiS for 6/7H, and I'm wondering if it's worth picking up a lot of new normal mode Dragon Soul gear (is it better than heroic Firelands stuff?) or if some stuff can hold out til I can get the heroic versions of items.

tl;dr does the BiS list also apply if you're going from 391 to 397
    Last edited by jsz; 2011-11-29 at 06:37 PM.
    Jsz
    <Losers Club> US-Alliance

d u m b c a s u a l s l u t

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashvael View Post
    Neither the cloak, nor the chest in your link should be available in-game unless I'm absolutely wrong.
    No you're right unless they add something later, I was just going off Wowhead at the time.

I absolutely love the normal mode BiS lists thank you Always only seem to be able to find hc ones and my guild isn't likely to be in heroics immediately

Great stuff, thanks alot!