Thread: NCAA football

Quote Originally Posted by washacked View Post
    check out the new rankings

1 loss LSU ranked 6
    1 loss A&M squeaks by unranked Ole Miss and goes UP to #7
    2 loss UGA is still in the top 15
    uSC moves up

no bias at all. every single fucking SEC team is overrated. as long as they keep beating up on other overrated SEC teams the computers will love them though

- - - Updated - - -

who else would dominate if they got 2nd chances every year?

did the SEC somehow win the MNC back in 2004 when auburn went undefeated, beat the ACC champ but didn't get a title shot? nope, they were just like everyone else then.

then the multiple chances started happening and of course, they started winning. other than 2009 and 2010, the SEC simply benefited from an awful system
    hopefully they can't dodge the quality teams again this year. i wanna see bama run head first into FSU or clemson at some point.

You appear to be banned but the SEC is totally overrated, won last 6 championship games in a convincing fashion

Isn't there a playoff system coming next year, maybe some other teams might have a chance

Herald of the Titans Skarsguard's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Drikkink View Post
    Well, one of the Arizonas is usually playing well and so is one of the Cals. Oregon State is always around top 15 and Washington is starting to become a power.

How's Kentucky, Vandy and MSU and/or Ole Miss?
    Well Oregon State won what 3 games last year... yeah they have had some good seasons but look at the 80's to 2000 they avged 2 wins a season in a span of 20 years. Oregon state has been traditionally bad so has the Arizona's sure they have a few good seasons where they will upset a USC or Oregon. In the last 10 years Ole Miss has won 5 bowl games including 3 cotton bowls (which is considered to be the best non bcs bowl game) against Ok state and texas tech (worthy opponents). Yeah I can't really say much for Vandy its just Vandy same for Kentucky and Miz just came in last year so not much sample size to go on for them same with T A&M.

Quote Originally Posted by TheFNK View Post
    Again the year LSU beat them 4 teams had the inside track to that title game. ALL of them got beat by cupcakes. Who do you take? A team that lost to the top ranked Tigers or a team that lost to Nobody U?

As a Tiger fan I hate that we got beat by Bama in the title game. But I don't blame Bama. I blame all the schools that had a chance and choked. WIN YOUR GAMES!!!
    Truth to an extent, but if you don't play in your conference championship game, you have no right to play in the national championship game. Period. That is the first wave of a "playoff system", at least in my eyes.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.
    ==================================

10+ Year Old Account
    Here's something odd. September 10, 2016, Tennessee versus Virginia Tech....at Bristol Motor Speedway. I would not want to see that live. It's hard enough to see the action in a normal stadium.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skarsguard View Post
    Well Oregon State won what 3 games last year... yeah they have had some good seasons but look at the 80's to 2000 they avged 2 wins a season in a span of 20 years. Oregon state has been traditionally bad so has the Arizona's sure they have a few good seasons where they will upset a USC or Oregon. In the last 10 years Ole Miss has won 5 bowl games including 3 cotton bowls (which is considered to be the best non bcs bowl game) against Ok state and texas tech (worthy opponents). Yeah I can't really say much for Vandy its just Vandy same for Kentucky and Miz just came in last year so not much sample size to go on for them same with T A&M.
    I'm not sure what point you're trying to make here. OSU certainly has had some bad years, just like a lot of teams, but they did have a good run awhile ago. A lot of the Pac-12 teams are very competitive in their bowl games. Not to mention the dominance that Oregon, Stanford and USC have been in the past few years.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Looks like Louisville is having some troubles. Heh.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    Looks like Louisville is having some troubles. Heh.
    looks like Louisville has 20 seconds to get across the field
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    I'd never compare him to Hitler, Hitler was actually well educated, and by all accounts pretty intelligent.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tierbook View Post
    looks like Louisville has 20 seconds to get across the field
    Didn't happen. Overrated team taken out - news at 11.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hopefully that'll be the reality check the pollsters needed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sayl View Post
    after last week? i think they have their reality check already
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    I'd never compare him to Hitler, Hitler was actually well educated, and by all accounts pretty intelligent.

15+ Year Old Account
    coming from a michigan fan. hah!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tierbook View Post
    after last week? i think they have their reality check already
    But if the ballot wranglers were capable of realism, they'd have dropped UL out of the top ten previously. Apparently all they saw was a win, despite the Cardinals struggling at home against a mediocre team.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by marcelos11 View Post
    coming from a michigan fan. hah!
    A Michigan fan who's quite capable of demonstrating objectivity -- a concept you're entirely unfamiliar with.

It's okay, I know you'll vanish from this thread like a fart in the wind (again) as soon as State drops another game or two.

So there's Rutgers' window to get the BCS berth. They have to win out and either hope Louisville loses again or, by some miracle, pass them (and UCF) in BCS standings.

Louisville's "toughest" games left are Houston and Cinci.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Drikkink View Post
    Louisville's "toughest" games left are Houston and Cinci.
    And they both lost their original starting QBs last month.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wow, I turn the game on, and Missouri's already scored in 22 seconds. Sigh.....gonna be a long season, not that it hasn't been already.

I'm curious if Oregon State will get ranked again if they kick the crap out of Cal.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Badpaladin View Post
    I'm curious if Oregon State will get ranked again if they kick the crap out of Cal.
    Probably not, unless there's a widespread collapse at the bottom of the polls. It'd be short-lived anyway, looking at their schedule.

10+ Year Old Account
    Probably not, unless there's a widespread collapse at the bottom of the polls. It'd be short-lived anyway, looking at their schedule.
    Florida's about to lose, and Auburn is likely to lose later today. I'd say the bottom is about to fall out.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    Florida's about to lose, and Auburn is likely to lose later today. I'd say the bottom is about to fall out.
    But Oregon State is currently sitting at #32 and #30, respectively. I don't think there's enough room for them to climb out of that this week.

10+ Year Old Account
    But Oregon State is currently sitting at #32 and #30, respectively. I don't think there's enough room for them to climb out of that this week.
    Ah yeah. I never think about where someone is ranked outside the top 25. But they're 5-1, they should probably be ranked already.