Deleted

New profession perks?

Are there any profession changes for the perks of a profession?

On the live realms, professions give 80 (81 Jewelcrafting) bonusstats.

So a Chimera's Eye has 67 stats and epic Gems have 50 stats.
    You can equip 3 Chimera's Eye. That's only a (67-50) x 3 = 17 x 3 = 51 bonusstats.
    Blacksmiths get 2 extra Gem Slotsm. That's 2 x 50 = 100 bonusstats.
    All other Professions are unchanged = 80 bonusstats.

Did Blizz forget to change the profession perks to 100 stats?

Profession Bonus should be:
    Jewelcrafting: 100/3 + 50 = 34 + 50 = Chimera's Eye with 84 stats.
    Engineering: 600 Str/Agi/Int for 10 seconds. (1 minute cooldown).
    Blacksmith: 2 Bonus sockets = 100 stats
    Enchanting: 2 Rings each 50 Str/Agi/Int or 75 Stam
    Mining: 100 x 1,5 = 150 Stam
    Alchemy: 100 Str/Agi/Int bonus or 150 Stam to flasks
    Leatherworking: 100 + 50 = 150 Str/Agi/Int or 225 Stam
    Herbalism: 600 Haste for 20 seconds. (2 minutes colldown)
    Skinning: 100 crit rating
    Tailoring: not sure. more than now^^

BS gets a boost, umad non blacksmithers?
    Into MoP beta, working on new gold blog, watch this space!

Deleted
    i am not mad. i am a blacksmith!

but blizz forget the changes. in wotlk, they didn't forget the perk changes when epic gems came

10+ Year Old Account
    The reasoning is that it's not a bonus for BS until all sockets are filled with epic gems, including the extra sockets, and it's not a nerf to JC until all but the three JC gems are replaced with epic gems. If they buff all the profs other than BS, it will make BS significantly weaker because of the rate that we're supposed to be obtaining the epic gems. I think it's likely later on in the patch that they'll buff the other profs, but not until there are a significant amount of people using full epic gems.

Edit: The presumed reasoning. I'm pretty sure this is speculation that I read somewhere else and not an actual blizzard post.
    "Ret paladins have been in a beta stage for 8 years, one day we will be ready for launch." - anaxie

Deleted
    after thinking of your argument.
    blizz should make a restriction for BS, so they couldn't socket epic gems in bracers and gloves and JC should get better Chimera's Eye with 10 more Stats. (like it was for a short time on PTR)
    If this happens. all other professions will be fine

Deleted
    They did actually originally change the JC gems to +77 on the PTR - and then retracted that change, so clearly it was felt that tweaking the profession perks wasn't needed. As above, blizzard did actually state that it would be very hard to get fully equipped with epic gems, and the BS bonus requires you to be fully equipped. So yes, the BS bonus is slightly better - but not at the start, most likely towards the end of the patch, whereas the other profession bonuses can be taken advantage of right from ding. No other profession bonus potentially requires hundreds of hours of raiding to get the maximum benefit from (assuming that blizzard keeps to the model of the epic gems only drop from bosses, and does not open up the transmute/prospecting option).

So again as the poster above said, if they are going to tweak up the other perks, it'll be in a later minor patch.

Deleted
    if they make the perk changes with a later patch. all top guild players are going to be BS right now and have to drop JC. cause the top guild have access to unlimited numbers of epic gems, cause they have the money!