Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    So there I was, considering resubing to get this year's pet, I figured they can't possibly screw up like last year... then I see this. Guess who wont even buy MoP now? have fun with your pokemon, wow is dead.

well hmm they didn't really have to do something this lame, this is almost the same as them doing nothing for us, except they put as little effort as possible into it.If they didn't wanna give us anything then they should have just made a blue thread saying thank you and prob signatures of grateful developers.This poorly designed "in-game gift" just reflects badly on them.

Lame gift is lame, at the least you'd think they could've made it a perma tabard.

And in response to the ones calling us haters, screw all you blizz apologists out there, you're half the reason we get crap because you encourage them to think lame stuff or nothing is acceptable apparently instead of pushing for better.

fucking lol'd at you people complaining over a free tabard for a few days and an exp/rep bonus

It is pretty funny that at the time they need to reward their loyal the most (since people are leaving this game in huge waves) they provide the absolute worst thing they've ever given for an anniversary.

Deleted
    as i havent found any blue posts about it, im gonna have faith in blizzard and think this item just requires the achivement so you cant use it on a char without it, and not only during the anniversary

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mosley View Post
    These Blizzard fanboys calling people 'ungrateful' for expecting something more than just a tabard are pretty ridiculous. Blizzard is in fact obliged to give us things. We bought their game and we're paying for it monthly, not mentioning other services that bring them money. And we are the ones keeping WoW alive so yeah, it's Blizzard who should be grateful that there are people playing their game. Now don't tell me that Blizzard couldn't take some little more time and design something more interesting that a tabard, I'm not complaining that it's bad because honestly I don't care but I can imagine that it would make quite a few people surprised and/or happy if they would give out some little vanity item with some interesting cool on use effect or whatever, they have all the means to do it and it's not hard for company like Blizzard. By the way people will always find something to complain about, no matter what.
    So people that realise the value of gifts and actually are grateful when they receive one are called fanboys, just because you think your own opinion will look more important and cool then… wow, just wow.
    What has fanboyism got anything to do with being grateful when you get something?

So you say you are not complaining, and don’t care, but at the same time you think blizzard is obliged to give us something and that you expected something more. You just contradict yourself there, you know.

As for people not resubbing, or pre-ordering SWTOR just because this tabard I have one word: pathetic.
    Please go away, play other games and come to the realisation that these other games don’t give you anything for free either. And maybe you can then grow up and realise some of the values of life: be grateful for what you get, how small it may be.

It is a game and you are not forced to play it.

OT: as a pet collector, I would have loved it if they had added a anniversary pet, but now that is not the case, I am not ungrateful.
    Will I make much use of the anniversary gift? I don’t think I will, I rarely level alts, don’t do battle grounds much, and most factions are on exalted already.
    I might make some use of it to rep grind the steamwheedle cartel factions (which are not on exalted yet) but I don’t think it will be of huge importance.
    Will I wear a tabard if it would stay in game? I don’t think so, I normally don’t wear a tabard.
    But do I whine about its color, about the fact that is ‘a meager 7%’, or that ‘its effect only lasts for 2 weeks’ or that it doesn’t have my name on it? No, I take it and say thank you, just like any normal person with some knowledge in life would do, just like someone which is not a spoiled brat would do.

Sorry for the wall of text, but this whining is just annoying.

---------- Post added 2011-11-21 at 11:31 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Yseraboy View Post
    Strongly disagree.

Nothing would say "We're just phoning it in..." more than a re-skin of an existing pet.

Giving an annual pet was one of the biggest mistakes Blizz made, because it caused two problems:

1. A sense of entitlement, in which players expect a new, "better" pet each year.
    2. Since everyone gets the pet, no one uses it because it isn't "special" or "unique".

How many Baby Blizzard Bears or Mr Chilly pets do you see?

How many other dime-a-dozen pets do you see people using?

Other than the Onyxia whelpling - which blows a smoke-ring - I can't think of any Blizz-gave-one-to-everybody pets that I've seen people using after the event has passed.

Granted, some people do use the "collector's edition" and/or Blizzcon pets, but those aren't something everyone has, are they? And they are having the same problem of coming-up with a "killer" pet each year.
    While I agree on the things you pointed out, there are some things I’d like to add:

You don’t see that many vanity pets being used because most of the people that use them a lot are pet collectors, which often run around with the more rare pets they have, or, like me, with any other random pet.
    On the other hand you can say that 90% (give or take, just to say it is the majority) of the vanity pets are basically ‘give-to-everybody’ pets, since you can buy them for very little money, and everybody has got access to them. There are actually only a handful of pets you have to do some effort for. (and for most of those, even then, the effort is still small)

I have a macro that brings up a random one of my pets, so the chance that it is the baby blizzard bear (4th anniversary)or the penguin (battle.net) is not too high, but it doesn’t mean they are ugly.
    (and if they are, just don’t use them, simple as that)
    I do have the corehound pup(authenticator) and the onyxian whelpling (5th anniversary) on my bars separately though, just because they are very cute, and these 2 are more likely to be seen around my side, as these pets are more likely to be summoned.

---------- Post added 2011-11-21 at 11:46 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Tinykong View Post
    McDonalds serves you a dry, old cheeseburger that's been laying around for a week. McDonalds fan boy says "You're lucky they served you anything!"
    Can you give an even worse example?
    See it more like this:
    You are going to macdonalds for a meal, and they give your kid a toy to play with. What do you Say?

Hey I expected a playstation, because I come here to this restaurant for the last 7 years. This toy is useless, as it will last for only a few weeks… (which is true btw, those toys are mostly not that good of quality, but whatever)

Or 2.
    Here boy (or girl, whatever you child’s sex is), these nice people give you something to play with, what do you say to the nice mister? And then the toddler says ‘thank you,sir’.

I can assure you, since I have kids, I will definitely try to teach them the second answer.
    And so should every grown up do.

Kinda lame, really.

I'm not going to hate, whatever, they dont 'owe' us I guess. But it's a pretty lame 'gift'. Honestly it feels more like one of those 'nothing would've been better' scenarios.

---------- Post added 2011-11-21 at 12:04 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Lobstarrr View Post
    All haters, get the fuck off of these forums, it's getting really old now.
    I'm sorry not everyone's opinion mirrors yours', lord and master.

Wait wait wait......Haven´t I seen this tabard before?
    OOH YES http://www.wowhead.com/item=19160

Now I remember...Atleast the experience boost is nice, I guess.

I couldn't care less about the pet, I just wish this was a permanent BoA tabard instead.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by 00furious View Post
    If the worst issue you have in your life is that something you received for free, isn't amazing.. I wish I had your problems.
    ^this

and i actually like this gift. sure, a pet would have been cool too, but i like the utility of this one. who cares how it looks? it's the buff that matters

Deleted

To all the leet haters

MMoC started as a wow fanboy site, the forum was mostly speculations and questions and answers about WOW. The forum has morphed into troll country, where every rumor and every screeshot can be taken as the sure sign WOW is dying and blizzard is stealing ur money. I have stopped reading the forum, because of this.

If i want to read trolls, i want them to be adult and intelligent and thought provoking (4chan/reddit/digg/fark).

So maybe in a couple of years most of the trolls will have graduated to more mature forums where they will meet real opponents, then this forum will be worth reading again.

CYA.

WHAT ?! THIS is all we get ?! Temporary visual tabard................just gz blizz.

I'm just happy I got another FoS, stop complicating things

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dies Irae View Post
    Wheres my pet?!?! =(
    Yea i want a pet instead of this too!!!

MMoC started as a wow fanboy site, the forum was mostly speculations and questions and answers about WOW. The forum has morphed into troll country, where every rumor and every screeshot can be taken as the sure sign WOW is dying and blizzard is stealing ur money. I have stopped reading the forum, because of this.If i want to read trolls, i want them to be adult and intelligent and thought provoking (4chan/reddit/digg/fark).So maybe in a couple of years most of the trolls will have graduated to more mature forums where they will meet real opponents, then this forum will be worth reading again.CYA.
    Is it me... or did he just do EXACTLY what he described?

Quote Originally Posted by yvbn View Post
    Does it last forever, or for a limited duration
    Apparently, limited
    Camilla: You, sir, should unmask.
    Stranger: Indeed?
    Cassilda: Indeed, it's time. We have all laid aside disguise but you.
    Stranger: I wear no mask.
    Camilla: (Terrified, aside to Cassilda.) No mask? No mask!

Quote Originally Posted by Howlrunner View Post
    This is what I mean. I personally don't really give two hoots about the event, but its shocking to see a company like Blizzard that used to get so many things right, suddenly start to get it wrong.
    Over the past couple of years, they have misjudged the community immensely, and I don't mean just whiners and haters so to speak. Look at the Real ID forum debacle, and the massive outcry it caused. Now, lets look at the gamut of micro transactions that are now creeping in, along with a feeling of "Pay to Win" from some players. Years ago, we would have scoffed at them had anyone even suggested Blizzard would make a pet tradeable in game for money, yet it is now here. Whilst these things again don't bother me par se, they *DO* bother a lot of people, and Blizzard has seemed to not grasp the scale of the mess they have caused, and how deeply it is affecting the customer base they have.
    As someone else said, this is only a small thing, but it is just one of many MANY things that are slowly occurring that are angering players, and this for many, may just be the proverbial straw t hat makes them go "Know what? I have had enough, I quit".

I will be honest, I used to think the people saying Activision will ruin Blizzard were just tin foil hat wearing monkeys, but I am starting to get a small doubt they may actually be right...:S
    I find it laughable that anyone would get so worked up over this that it would be the tipping point to make them quit but maybe I'm just being insensitive. I guess I haven't played the game long enough (started about 3/4 of way into BC) or play for different reasons and therefore not percieving the other gross miss-steps they have made. I really appreciated things like the introduction of heirlooms, dual-talenting, lowering riding skill levels (questing in STV on foot was grueling lol), dungeon finder, to name a few.

But I definitely agree about the Pet Store thing. They prohibit gold buying and gold selling and stress such activities are against the TOS and those caught doing so may be suspended or banned. The message to me behind that policy is they don't want the game economy distorted by real-life money influence. Fair enough . . . I like to feel that I'm competing on a level playing field economically with other players. Real world money should have no bearing on the game economy. Then they instroduce tradeable/saleable pets not achieved in-game but bought with real life money. Quoting from the Blizz Pet Store FAQ: " . . . we're ok with it if some players choose to use the Guardian Cub as a safe and secure way to try to acquire a little extra in-game gold . . . " On the one had it's against TOS to buy game gold with real money, then they turn around and sell for real money an in-game item a player can sell for game gold. Can they really expect to continue a zero-tolerance policy against gold selling without being accused of hypocrisy?

If it was actually 7% buff FOREVER and an actual tabard, I would have resubscribed just for that.