Resolution Differences

Right now I am playing most games on high with 55+ fps (BF3) at 1440x900 on a 19" monitor.
    I am wanting to upgrade to a 23" monitor and play at 1920x1080 resolution but I am curious how much my fps would drop.
    Does anyone know on average about how much fps I would lose in a game like Battlefield 3?

gtx 460 768mb
    Phenom II x4 955
    4gb ram

Thanks.

The Lightbringer eternalwhitemoon's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I don't actually think the change would be noticeable at all.

Deleted
    In BF3 you will lose around 10% as it is a 768mb version resolution will gimp its performance a little more than it would have on a 1gb 460. It wouldnt put me off though as it will hardly be noticeable.

Cool, if that's the case then I can just turn a few things down to medium and hopefully not notice a drop in fps.

Bit under twice as many pixels means bit over half of the framerate. Would guess about 30-35fps. With GPU capped game such as BF3 it's pretty linear, in WoW slightly lower hit from bigger resolution.

Pixel shaders is the slow part of screen drawing, so the number of pixels will make big difference. Turning AA/AF down will help getting framerate back up.
    Last edited by vesseblah; 2011-11-24 at 09:18 PM.
    Never going to log into this garbage forum again as long as calling obvious troll obvious troll is the easiest way to get banned.
    Trolling should be.

It's a 60% increase in pixels that the GPU will have to push out each second.
    You will likely have to lower a fair few settings, I'm afraid.