Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Guy takes skyward sword way to seriously.

Maybe one day you will be as cool as this guy... but probably not.

!!!!!GOOD NEWS, EVERYBODY!!!!!

Deleted
    That guy is epic

And I thought I looked like a spaz doing Skyward Strikes.

Deleted
    Now thats how you play a game!

10+ Year Old Account
    swag-star.

Deleted
    I need to get that game.

That was actually really impressive.

Exercise? Hellz no, Imma just play some Skyward Sword! =)

Deleted
    Lol, I feel really bad when I lie in my bed and can barely roll bombs because im too lazy when this guy is doing MFing backflips and spinattacks

10+ Year Old Account
    This is exactly why I have come to the conclusion that even if Virtual Reality ever makes it to a playable form in my life time, that it will be wasted on me. No way am I going to exert myself like that to play a game. Lazy, minimal movement, button pressing, mouse wielding for the win.

I bet the people who live below him bang on their ceiling with a broom all the time.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post
    This is exactly why I have come to the conclusion that even if Virtual Reality ever makes it to a playable form in my life time, that it will be wasted on me. No way am I going to exert myself like that to play a game. Lazy, minimal movement, button pressing, mouse wielding for the win.
    Which is why I HATE the wii. I don't mind a few gimmicky moves, but having to wave my arms about constantly, flailing like a worgen mage - makes me annoyed.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    Which is why I HATE the wii. I don't mind a few gimmicky moves, but having to wave my arms about constantly, flailing like a worgen mage - makes me annoyed.
    Then you're playing it wrong, or the game's bad. After 10 hours of Skyward Sword (pretty much the paragon of Wii controls right now), my only symptom was some minor wrist pain and the desire to play more.

That is epic. That's totally how I play my video games. In no way do I sit on a coach and not move for hours on end. Zero chance.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Caiada View Post
    Then you're playing it wrong. After 10 hours of Skyward Sword, my only symptom was some minor wrist pain and the desire to play more.
    Well I haven't played Skyward yet (I guess that is wrong though hah) but obviously you've never played the Wii boxing or Smash Bros. Brawl.... But honestly, it's been so long since I've played my wii (honestly, I'm not sure where it even is... Probably in the basement soaking in cat urine... Hmm I should probably check that...), I just *remember* it was being annoying. Still, I'd prefer a controler option.

If I could do flips while I gamed, I would too.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by icedwarrior View Post
    That is epic. That's totally how I play my video games. In no way do I sit on a coach and not move for hours on end. Zero chance.
    You must have a fun time raiding then, standing bend-over for hours on end :P (.... That came out oh so wrong)

Hahahaha, epic. Been playing it a decent bit, need a bigger area to play it in though, got a weird angle going on with my sensor due to limited space.

Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post
    I would absolutely LOVE to be able to play in Virtual Reality. To be able to emerge into your game completely is just amazing.

Check this video, it comes very close to it.

Sadly, this takes up way too much space. We will probably end up with some headgear that connects our brainwaves to the game so we can execute things by thinking what we want to do.

Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    Well I haven't played Skyward yet (I guess that is wrong though hah) but obviously you've never played the Wii boxing or Smash Bros. Brawl.... But honestly, it's been so long since I've played my wii (honestly, I'm not sure where it even is... Probably in the basement soaking in cat urine... Hmm I should probably check that...), I just *remember* it was being annoying. Still, I'd prefer a controler option.
    I've seen people play Wii boxing and other Wiisports games. I'd agree with calling those gimmicks and not very fun. I haven't played any of the Wii 'minigame' collections, or Brawl, actually. Brawl's got a classic controller option though, I'm pretty sure, and I'd definitely play it that way instead of motion controls.

Motion controls are like 3D. In the right situations, they can provide an experience not possible with conventional mechanics, but, applied haphazardly, they are horrible. The first 4 or so years of the Wii's lifetime was defined by crappy third-party devs throwing them on to games haphazardly, just like the current trend with 3D in movies.