Poll: Your opinion on the Alliance retaking Stromgarde?

Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lon-ami View Post
    I know, that's why I complain. The figure of the High King makes no sense, less if we consider Stormwind is the only Alliance nation with a king right now.

Terenas II was the most powerful of the Alliance leaders, but not THE leader.
    No, he was the leader. It was called the Alliance of Lordaeron, afterall.

"The Alliance of Lordaeron was led by King Terenas Menethil II, who accepted ambassadors or the monarchs from all member nations and races to his capital. Rarely did the monarchs of the major realms come together." - Wowpedia

Both. He was powerful, and had more influence than the others, but he still had to convince the minor nations.
    Lordaeron was a powerful Kingdom, yet it was not as powerful as Quel'thalas or Gilneas. The Alliance rallied mainly around Lothar not Terenas II.

It's the perfect time. Stromgarde has been reclaimed since ages, and now, the Horde has something that compensates, so they don't get nothing while Alliance gets Stromgarde.
    Yeah Stromgarde should be rebuilt, since the Alliance needs a foothold on the northern part of the eastern kingdoms, otherwise the forsaken would pretty much dominate it.
    Last edited by Combatbutler; 2011-11-25 at 11:15 PM.

you guys do realize that Stromgarde only has 1200 people left....
    and i personally could wipe out what remains of its military
    I give bad feedback all the time, I just dont rage or give them shit. Paying for content does not gives you the license to be an asshole.

Deleted
    Sounds like an awesome idea. Maybe I should level an Ally toon just to be able to participate?

Quote Originally Posted by Frontenac View Post
    No, he was the leader. It was called the Alliance of Lordaeron, afterall.

"The Alliance of Lordaeron was led by King Terenas Menethil II, who accepted ambassadors or the monarchs from all member nations and races to his capital. Rarely did the monarchs of the major realms come together." - Wowpedia
    Lordaeron, aside from a kingdom's name, is the name of the subcontinent. It's only logic to call the Alliance like that.

Also, lead and being the leader are different things. He lead because he was the most powerful, but he wasn't the leader, and couldn't do what he wished without approbation.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Frontenac View Post
    So, since Humans are the most numerous race and the one that federated this Alliance, it's logical for Varian to be its leader.
    The Night Elves are the oldest race, they will be damned if they will be fully taking commands concerning their territory from a younger race which has at least caused half of the current problems.

Quote Originally Posted by dokhidamo View Post
    This is what I hope.

1. Alliance retakes all of Lordaeron and kills Sylvanas.
    2. Horde attacks Teldrassil and the Night Elves have to abandon it to prevent it from being burnt down.

3. Night Elves relocate to Lordaeron to work full-time on deplagueing.
    4. Forsaken move into the ruins of Theramore.

5. The exodar boat now goes direct to Stormwind.
    6. The Orb of Translocation goes to Orgrimmar.
    By which right should the Night Elves leave their lands to the Horde? It is ridiculous they are located in some shitty isolated corner anyway. If the Horde attacks Teldrassil, why would they not attack Azuremyst.

Deleted
    Systematically assassinating the remaining Val'kyr would do far more for the Alliance than retaking Stromgarde.

In fact, that's all they really have to do. The Forsaken is in a terrible demographic position. Take out their one stopgap in that department and the race will just wither in the face of attrition.

10+ Year Old Account
    Lordaeron, aside from a kingdom's name, is the name of the subcontinent. It's only logic to call the Alliance like that.

Also, lead and being the leader are different things. He lead because he was the most powerful, but he wasn't the leader, and couldn't do what he wished without approbation.
    The President of the United States cannot do all he wants without the approbation of the Congress either. He is still the leader. Same with Ban Ki Moon. He's the leader of the United Nations, but cannot do all he wants with it. Queen Elizabeth II is the leader of the Commonwealth, and again, the Commonwealth can't act without the approval of its constituents. Same with CEOs. It can go on and on. It all depends on the amount of power you give to the leader.

Terenas was the leader and "president" of the Alliance. You see that in the begining of WCIII when he presides a meeting of allied ambassadors.

I would love this idea. For some reason Stromgarde has always been my favorite Alliance city, even though it's been in ruins throughout all of WoW, and the questing area is the worst in the game outside of Silithus.

Has anyone posted this idea on the WoW forums?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shengar View Post
    The Night Elves are the oldest race, they will be damned if they will be fully taking commands concerning their territory from a younger race which has at least caused half of the current problems.
    Who said Varian will command the Night Elves directly?

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

By which right should the Night Elves leave their lands to the Horde? It is ridiculous they are located in some shitty isolated corner anyway. If the Horde attacks Teldrassil, why would they not attack Azuremyst.
    There is no reason for them not to attack Azuremyst. But Azuremyst and Silvermoon will never be updated past BC it seems. So blizz will lorelol their way to avoid touching Azuremyst.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Quote Originally Posted by UnknownSoldier View Post
    I would love this idea. For some reason Stromgarde has always been my favorite Alliance city, even though it's been in ruins throughout all of WoW, and the questing area is the worst in the game outside of Silithus.

Has anyone posted this idea on the WoW forums?
    If you have an US account, I would be pleased if you (or anyone else) posted it on there. Feel free to copy+paste the entire first post, and don't forget to include a link here for the poll. Give me the wow forums link, too, so I can put it at the first post .

Deleted
    Yes, make it part of the Stormwind empire so the need for a king is inert.

Ive always wanted Stormgarde and Stratholme

Awesome idea i have to admit, almost everyone would welcome it big time.

Deleted
    The trolls are way older, besides the Night elves caused the biggest problems, human bad deeds can't even compare.

Quote Originally Posted by Voyager View Post
    The trolls are way older, besides the Night elves caused the biggest problems, human bad deeds can't even compare.
    Well the elves caused shit in the past and now it is time for the younger races to make similar mistakes wrecking the planet. Humans and Orcs are on the best way to cause troubles, which could be compared to the sundering.

Quote Originally Posted by Combatbulter View Post
    Well the elves caused shit in the past and now it is time for the younger races to make similar mistakes wrecking the planet. Humans and Orcs are on the best way to cause troubles, which could be compared to the sundering.
    You mean like the one where the human leader gets corrupted by scourge and almost wipes all life on Azeroth? Yeah, I agree that horde has some catching up to do in that regards.

Quote Originally Posted by h4rr0d View Post
    You mean like the one where the human leader gets corrupted by scourge and almost wipes all life on Azeroth? Yeah, I agree that horde has some catching up to do in that regards.
    The Lich king was originally only Ner'zhul until Arthas hosted his spirit, so they are pretty even.

Deleted
    horrible idea, the alliance is supose to be defensive not offensive

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by h4rr0d View Post
    He wasn't leader of anything before he joined the Scourge.