Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Skandulous View Post
    boomkins have 2 dots only and in Full BIS t13 they get an extra tick so it pushes them higher then shadow but dont hold your breath till your boomking gets Full BIS t13 cause that wont be for a long time
    most of the fights are heavy on adds and boomkins are far better than SPs when adds are involved, boomkins still wont reach the 60% haste plataue unless they get the haste tnk and some reckless gemming and even then in BiS gear its a dps loss so we will still be in the 50% haste plataue, the more haste a boomkin gets the better they scale from it unlike a SP meaning DI is much better for boomkins and the raids dps.
    STAR-J4R9-YYK4 use this for 5000 credits in star citizen

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kenn9530 View Post
    most of the fights are heavy on adds and boomkins are far better than SPs when adds are involved, boomkins still wont reach the 60% haste plataue unless they get the haste tnk and some reckless gemming and even then in BiS gear its a dps loss so we will still be in the 50% haste plataue, the more haste a boomkin gets the better they scale from it unlike a SP meaning DI is much better for boomkins and the raids dps.
    Boomkins aren't better than shadow on multi-target, shadow scales better with DI on multiple targets than boomkins. On single targets boomkins may become better than shadow late this tier, marginally so.
    Shadow scales better than Boomkins with haste, and DI scales equally well with high haste for any class (multiplication is not class specific), however Boomkins proc higher values and therefore gain more - but they don't scale any better.
    DI is Not much better (its not even better, yet) for boomkins or raid dps - Shadow is still top for both - in BiS gear this tier, on single target fights, boomkins might be better.

Edit: Also to the person who pointed out boomkins have 2 dots - you're right I was thinking of sunfire but that's the same thing as moonfire.
    Last edited by Yvaelle; 2011-12-07 at 06:37 AM.
    Youtube ~ Yvaelle ~ Twitter

placing DI on a shadow priest will still grant the most raid dps, as uptime of the buff on the lock will be higher as shadow has more dots which actually grant a stack of the buff. (VT, DP, and SW:P), while a fire mage has less (LB and the dot from pyroblast, ignite cannot crit and does not grant a stack of DI to the warlock)

Signature by Kenz

Quote Originally Posted by SkillOverKill View Post
    Boomkins aren't better than shadow on multi-target, shadow scales better with DI on multiple targets than boomkins. On single targets boomkins may become better than shadow late this tier, marginally so.
    Shadow scales better than Boomkins with haste, and DI scales equally well with high haste for any class (multiplication is not class specific), however Boomkins proc higher values and therefore gain more - but they don't scale any better.
    DI is Not much better (its not even better, yet) for boomkins or raid dps - Shadow is still top for both - in BiS gear this tier, on single target fights, boomkins might be better.

Edit: Also to the person who pointed out boomkins have 2 dots - you're right I was thinking of sunfire but that's the same thing as moonfire.
    do you even know how boomkins work, due to the buff natures grace boomkins have a slightly higher multiplication facter than any other class thus gaining around 5% haste extra with DI therfor reaching the 50% haste plataue with 2639 haste so its pretty obvious boomkins scale with haste a little better than SPs.

I dont know where you are looking on aoe encounters but boomkins have far better aoe abilities when used correctly and can easily beat any SP in most encounters involving adds, just look at WoLs and you can clearly see boomkins ahead of even in t12.

Shadow isnt that good in dps anymore and even with boomkins slightly suffering in single target dps SPs and boomkins are pretty much in similar lines on single target dps.

Im not too fussed anyway really as i always get my DI and only the locks who sometimes get ahead of me.
    Last edited by kenn9530; 2011-12-07 at 06:28 PM.
    STAR-J4R9-YYK4 use this for 5000 credits in star citizen

Me and a boomkin whos raw ability i trust a great deal were going back on forth on madness the other night. Our gear is similar and both have legendary. I was outdpsing him alot for 90% of the attempts. Still alot of factors coming into play but i view him and I fairly evenly. Ive seen alot of back and forth math on it and the changes in place. Ultimately i love having dark intent :P.

Deleted
    We are still the best target for DI.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Artzie View Post
    We are still the best target for DI.
    I gave up trying to explain this to people who can't spell let alone add :/

But it's true!
    Youtube ~ Yvaelle ~ Twitter