Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Lillpapps View Post
    Yeah but then they need some cutscenes to show how each AC works so that people dont get to their NPC, picks an AC and goes out to quest and realise this is not for them and they have to level to 10 again. With a long cd this wouldnt happen.
    No, they don't. What they need to do is EXAMINE AND READ.

---------- Post added 2011-12-02 at 01:59 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Feanor306 View Post
    You mean 5 trees. Both advanced classes for each starter class have one identical talent tree. Therefore each class has a total of 5 trees, though each advanced class has 3.
    No, I mean 6, because those "shared" trees, I have said before, may look identical, but in each AC they play VERY differently. This is not up for debate. This is FACT.

Quote Originally Posted by Eurhetemec View Post
    The big problem, and the reason people are asking for respecs, is that the game doesn't TREAT your choice as a big deal. There's no ceremony, no big quest like getting your first Lightsaber, not even a real conversation! Just "Do u wanna be X or Y?!" from an NPC with brief and vague wordy explanations of each. If it's going to unchangeable, it should be a HUGE deal, bigger than your first Lightsaber, and so on.
    This is the main issue indeed. Instead of implementing so complex system for redos they need to flesh out this quest. Make it a bigger part of your class quest when you get to the fleet. Give you a quest that let's you test out your combat capabilities ie: heal some npcs as a sorce and shock shit, next quest tank some mobs and protect npcs then steath through some place or something.

Then people would understand the choice they are making.

I challenge you, Feanor306, go to TORhead right now:

I'll even hold your hand through it.

www.torhead.com > tools > skill calculator > Jedi Consular > Jedi Shadow > Balance [Read the skills] > Jedi Sage > Balance [Read the Skills]

Shared tree, different abilities, different design structure, different way it plays.

Deleted
    just givte people a chance to change the profession a few times before lvl 25 or such.

Quote Originally Posted by Styxz View Post
    This is the main issue indeed. Instead of implementing so complex system for redos they need to flesh out this quest. Make it a bigger part of your class quest when you get to the fleet. Give you a quest that let's you test out your combat capabilities ie: heal some npcs as a sorce and shock shit, next quest tank some mobs and protect npcs then steath through some place or something.

Then people would understand the choice they are making.
    These are the replies that make me facepalm. >.<

Quote Originally Posted by Dreavus View Post
    These are the replies that make me facepalm. >.<
    The palm your face till your nose bleeds and get some perspective on the issue.

Have you even played this game yet? You cannot hold up in this conversation unless you've played the same basic class to above level 20 with both ACs.

Its not like going from enhance to ele or resto to balance. There is ONE way to play a resto sham as it's a spec. These are not specs.

Deleted

www.torhead.com > tools > skill calculator > Jedi Consular > Jedi Shadow > Balance [Read the skills] > Jedi Sage > Balance [Read the Skills]

Shared tree, different abilities, different design structure, different way it plays.
    But, but, but it has the same name and therefore is the same......

Deleted

Yeah It may "look" the same and the tooltips are the same but playstyle is different? Sure, I bet the dark side has clouded my vision.

What's laughable is you continue to ignore my posts that refute any argument you have left to stand on. No it's okay, I'll wait. No really, I'll wait. Especially since you keep trying to rationalize WoW structure with SW:TOR's to justify your argument, which is not only fallacious but makes me die a little inside each time you do so.
    Just waiting for you to start crying.... Your comparing a rogue to a mage was why I used WOW for my comparison, or are you just randomly choosing mages and rogues from some other game that no one wants to compare too? Really, you cannot have it both ways.

Do you or do you not have a tab with your original abilities and do you or do you not actually employ some of those going forward after your choice of Advance Class?

---------- Post added 2011-12-02 at 09:13 AM ----------

So you lose all the abilities of the base class? :P
    iMac
    2012-03-05 : The day SWTOR jumped the shark
    Mages are basically "warlocks for girls" - Kerrath

Quote Originally Posted by Styxz View Post
    The palm your face till your nose bleeds and get some perspective on the issue.

Have you even played this game yet? You cannot hold up in this conversation unless you've played the same basic class to above level 20 with both ACs.

Its not like going from enhance to ele or resto to balance. There is ONE way to play a resto sham as it's a spec. These are not specs.
    Sith Warrior Juggernaut Vengeance Tree Spec to level 22 so far. I know what I'm talking about. I have perspective on the issue. I still think you're all a bunch of whiners that need to make up your minds about what class/ac you want to play, and not blame it on Bioware that you can't switch AC's because you didn't like the one you chose.

---------- Post added 2011-12-02 at 02:16 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by ZEROWASHU View Post
    Just waiting for you to start crying.... Your comparing a rogue to a mage was why I used WOW for my comparison, or are you just randomly choosing mages and rogues from some other game that no one wants to compare too? Really, you cannot have it both ways.

Do you or do you not have a tab with your original abilities and do you or do you not actually employ some of those going forward after your choice of Advance Class?

---------- Post added 2011-12-02 at 09:13 AM ----------

So you lose all the abilities of the base class? :P
    I didn't compare a rogue to a mage. L2R.

Rest is refuted by this fact.

Waiting for you to get better at this.

The majority of the official forum community don't want this feature. Caving into casual features is good for money though.

Quote Originally Posted by RevanSparda View Post
    Imagine in WOW that you could change from a Rogue to a Mage.

Is a bad idea.
    For classes like the Sith Warrior it would be a good idea, I mean your either a Warrior or your a Warrior.

Quote Originally Posted by SafariS View Post
    Seems like BW is seriously thinking about the possibility to switch AC

http://www.oldrepublic.net/247-advan...st-launch.html
    I would be OK with 2 and only 2 AC swaps.

You can use them anytime you want. If you waste them at early levels to bad. IF you wait till end game and see what both AC's look like and then decide thats also fine with me as it would make more sense.

However, since you're limited to 8 characters, most people will want to run one of every toon just to see the story. (at least I think most people would)

There is no use in taking up one of the 8 character slots with a duplicate toon and same story jsut to see the other AC. Make no sense to me in the games current design. The only way I could see not wanting at least 2 AC swaps is if more character slots were available.

Giving everyone 2 AC swaps allows you to see the other side of the classes. Give it a go and see if it's something you like better. IF not you have one more AC swap to get back to where you were.

After that. You're done. No more AC swapping. EVER.

Seems like a fair trade without hindering peoples ability to see every class the game offers.
    Last edited by quras; 2011-12-02 at 02:21 PM.

What this problem really needs is smarter players.

If someone is too dumb to be able to get their AC right with all the information that is available, thats not Bioware's problem.

Quote Originally Posted by quras View Post
    I would be OK with 2 and only 2 AC swaps.

Since you're limited to 8 characters, most people will want to run one of evey toon just to see the story. (at least I think most people would)

There is no use in taking up one of the 8 character slots with a duplicate toon and same story.

Giving everyone 2 AC swaps allows you to see the other side of the classes. Give it a go and see if it's something you like better. IF not you have one more AC swap to get back to where you were.

After that. You're done. No more AC swapping. EVER.

Seems like a fair trade without hindering peoples ability to see every class the game offers.
    With more information on the Legacy system revealed, even more people will want to reroll alts as well. You not only get "Legacy Powers" but you also get more character customization options. [This is confirmed in the build patch.]

---------- Post added 2011-12-02 at 02:20 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by iceberg265 View Post
    what this problem really needs is smarter players.

If someone is too dumb to be able to get their ac right with all the information that is available, thats not bioware's problem.
    this, a hundred times this, by george this man has got it. Why don't any of you?

Also, want to mention one more thing. This AC-restriction might pidgeon-hole people into choosing ACs with two roles rather than one, because they want to be useful for more than one thing. Obviously that doesn't go for everyone, but... It's just something to think about.

Though, if the game will release and we have to choose one AC forever, that's fine by me, really.

Quote Originally Posted by Feanor306 View Post
    You mean 5 trees. Both advanced classes for each starter class have one identical talent tree. Therefore each class has a total of 5 trees, though each advanced class has 3.

For example a Jedi Knight can be :
    Sentinel - (Watchman, Combat, Focus)
    Guardian - (Defense, Vigilance, Focus)

As you see, Focus tree exists for both advanced classes of Jedi Knight. Therefore a question arises. How is a Sentinel specced in Focus different than a Guardian specced in Focus? The difference I saw in beta was the weapons (sentinel uses 2 lightsabers, guardian uses 1) and the 10 off-tree points that you put in the other 2 trees of your Advanced Class.

Imagine having a fury warrior in wow with 2 weapons. Now imagine the same spec with same talents but 1 weapon. I sense a big disturbance in the force there
    I'm sorry, I wrote you a tutorial and everything. If you aren't able to comprehend, sounds like a personal problem.

My job is done. Or close enough.

---------- Post added 2011-12-02 at 02:23 PM ----------

[QUOTE=Swiftero;14467249]Also, want to mention one more thing. This AC-restriction might pidgeon-hole people into choosing ACs with two roles rather than one, because they want to be useful for more than one thing. Obviously that doesn't go for everyone, but... It's just something to think about.

Pigeonholing will on happen to hardcore min/maxers, in which case I say LOL can't have cake and eat it too.

Deleted
    Seriously ppl just STFU and stick to your failed wow game and stop moaning about a game that is NOT wow nor will it ever be like wow

you get a choice of 2 AC´s and the 1 you choose after you spent time actually COMPREHENDING them and not just clicking shit cause ur on the rush train to 50 isnt that hard to understand

ive played all available characters in Swtor since im a beta tester and i see no problem in giving you a choice to make at lvl 10 wich is ur choice for the remainder of the game..

its just kids and their inadaptability to accept that CHOICES does make a difference in your life ...

just re start ur wow subs if you cant handle making decisions in your life cause yes you will have to when you go outside wich you probably havent done for the last 5-7 years

its simple.. live with it or dont play it and dont give me that bullshit about "they will loose subs bla bla " in all honestly i dont think they give a rats as about spoilt brats that cant decide

SWtor will survive with or without you playing cause the fanbase is still much larger than wow ever has been ... 1977 first movie was released .. where was wow ?

qq babies is all i can say ,)

oh i forgot to say ... can you respec your wow warrior into a paladin/dk .. since the difference between a maraudor and juggernaut is that far between eachother... and for those that didnt know.. the juggernaut isnt a pure tank class it is also a dps class it has 1 tree specialized in dps only and 1 for tanking so quit ur bitching
    Last edited by mmoc1921c174b8; 2011-12-02 at 02:29 PM.

If it were up to me, I would allow a sum of credits (starting relatively small, growing to relatively massive at 24) to switch ACs, until level 25; at that point, you should have figured out which class you want to stick with.

I, too hope they don't. Please don't make it easy. Make us accountable for our choices. We know in advance what they are so choose wisely. And if they do make the fee prohibitive. I still remember it took all my gold to respec to a different specialty in that other game. I thought long and hard and it hurt.