Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Warlord Zon'ozz, how many stacks and bounces?

My guild is having issues at this boss at the moment, and I just wonder how many stacks and bounces we should take before entering phase two. We can't reach 10 stacks at the boss without the tank dropping. Do we suck or what?
    Vol'jin fanboy

Quote Originally Posted by Shawaam View Post
    My guild is having issues at this boss at the moment, and I just wonder how many stacks and bounces we should take before entering phase two. We can't reach 10 stacks at the boss without the tank dropping. Do we suck or what?
    10 stacks nets the achievement...so I would think that may be difficult for just starting out.
    We were experimenting with 5-7 last night and having decent success...minus some weird bugging in and around that island.

we did this achievement tonight just rotating cd's took us 2 attempts to get it killed, very very easy

Quote Originally Posted by Nelrock View Post
    10 stacks nets the achievement...so I would think that may be difficult for just starting out.
    We were experimenting with 5-7 last night and having decent success...minus some weird bugging in and around that island.
    I think you might be talking about something different. I assume the OP is talking about stacks of Focused Anger on the tank; the achievment is for bouncing the ball ten times, which is entirely seperate.

OP, you don't have to get up to ten stacks if it's too hard, go with 8 if you want. The more stacks you have, the more bounces of the ball you'll have, and therefor the more damage you'll do in phase two. However, shorting up phase one can still work; the fight will just last a little longer.

There isn't really a specific amount of stacks you should strive to hit. Once healers are stressed between the extra tank damage and are unable to top off raiders in between each bounce, that is your time to let it hit the boss. Our guild did 11 stacks because we outgear the fight by a good margin, but there's no reason to aim that high if it's causing problems. There's nothing wrong with breaking off at 5 or 7 stacks, do whatever will let you kill the boss. It's sort of like Staghelm was originally; taking more stacks of flame scythe would reduce the amount of frenzy stacks you gain over the fight, but it's not worthwhile to kill your raid from taking it too high, so use your own discretion.

tonight we were playing it safe and let the ball bounce 3 times, the initial spawn ranged runs to it, let it bounce off melee then melee gets out of the way when it hits ranged again and it comes back. This usually resulted in about 6-8 stacks on the tank and the healers weren't very stressed at this so we'll probably go an extra 2 bounces next week.

We played it by ear. I think the most bounces we did was about 9? Always aimed for at least 5. As has been said, just keep going till the healers say "Enough!". Remind people to save personal CDs for later bounces if you decide to push for a high number, but there's really no need.

Go with 5 stacks. That way if your melee derp it up your left at 7 stacks which is fairly survivable (just).

If your melee are pro, 7 stacks is pretty good.

10+ Year Old Account
    5-7 is what we would shoot for. The boss gains stacks even before the ball is out, so sometimes we'd only have 2 or 3 bounces before we'd let it hit him.
    Lained - 60 Shaman | Lainedtv - 60 Druid | Lainedz - 60 Paladin

10+ Year Old Account
    We wemt with 10 stack the first ball and the 8 each one got the ach and a clean kill

in 10 man, i was calling out when it hit the melee and made the stack 6 or 7, and letting it hit the ranged one last time and melee moving out of the way. it got a little close a few times for our tank, but it wasnt a huge deal. 10 doesnt seem TOO unreasonable, but some gear might help some on that, cause at that point the tank is taking double damage (or more?)

We tried a few different stack counts and the easiest was 7-5-5-3. Unless I'm wrong, the Focused Anger buff stacks faster as the fight goes on, and the damage increase debuff that Zon'ozz gets doesn't fall off, so there's no real reason to bounce it a ton of times if you're losing your tank to high stacks. We had that same issue, but found that we had little trouble in the beginning with our tank, so we let it bounce a few extra times in the beginning and just reduced it each time. 2 less is just the natural way it works.
    I can teach you how to play, but I can't fix stupid.

10+ Year Old Account
    Curious for 10mans is everybody 2 or 3 healing this one, my guild currently only has 2 healers (our third is away for a few weeks) and the rest of our raid has no healing specs. We currently have a priest and a shaman healer, we oneshot the first boss, but got to this guy and just wiped for the rest of the night.

We started out with 7 stacks then down to 5 then down to 3 and were are still having trouble with either the tank or sometimes the black aoe phase with a death or two. We were 3-4/7 heroic FL and most of us have a few bits of 391 but out best attempt in 2 hours on this guy was only 60%. Unfortunately I don't have logs but I will put them up for our next night and come back tomorrow.

tl;dr are most people 2 or 3 healing this guy.

We did 7 stacks and that seemed to work fine.

Well higher dps does nothing to make this fight any easier other than making it a little shorter, so if your having trouble there is no reason to stick with two healers.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shawaam View Post
    We downed it with 3 stacks per phase on 25 man.
    Power?!?! I'll show you POWER!!!

Deleted
    Can I get some feedback specifically from 25 man guilds on how many bounces you use? Maybe our tank was just having a bad day but pushing 7+ bounces just seems to result in the tank geting insta-killed from the bosses increased damage.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Did 4 first bosses on 25 man normal today. This boss was by far the hardest. The 3 others were a joke. We usully let the ball go through when the boss has 8-10 stacks of the buff. I don't know how many bounces is was. We used 3 healers in meele range. 3 at ranged. The 3 healers in meele range were 2 shamans and a paladin. Paladin focused on healing meeles. One shaman on the tank only and dropping healing rain in between. Other shaman was dispelling 24/7. The 3 healers outside was healing meele+ranged.

Took us around 5-6 trys to kill him. The healing is really insane on the boss and if it's your first times doing it i would recommend 7 healers.

We just bounced it back to him as soon as possible, the black phase is really easy to heal through and just makes the whole fight stupidly easy.
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowdream View Post
    We just bounced it back to him as soon as possible, the black phase is really easy to heal through and just makes the whole fight stupidly easy.
    ^ On normal mode, if you are going with 3 healers and 1 tank, the black phase is WAY more relaxed for healers. If you have good enough DPS to beat the berserk timer without the extra damage from additional bounces, this is really simple way how to defeat the encounter