So I had an idea

Filled my world with 20k TNT with MCedit, logged in, crashed, now I'm sad. The end.

Also, my avatar = irl face right now.

I'm hoping that you at least expected that result :P

TNT performance has really really really improved in the recent builds, there might be a day when you can do this without crashing. :3

You asploded the game!
    Dumbledore dies.

10+ Year Old Account
    Seems that now that someone made a video, everyone's gotta try it for themselves...

Do people even use TNT normally anymore? :-/
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/PizzaSHARK
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.
    Quote Originally Posted by SUH View Post
    Crissi the goddess of MMO, if i may. ./bow

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PizzaSHARK View Post
    Seems that now that someone made a video, everyone's gotta try it for themselves...

using tnt to blow things up isn't normal?
    MMO-Champ the place where calling out trolls get you into more trouble than trolling.

Actually, I was planning to use the hole it made for some stuff but.. I didn't get that far.

Deleted
    Try again only this time don't use 20k tnt?

10+ Year Old Account
    Try 19999 TNT this time

Deleted
    That 1 tnt block made you're server crash... I'm sure of it!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by slozon View Post
    using tnt to blow things up isn't normal?
    Making a brick of 20,000 TNT blocks isn't normal. It's doing something you saw some dude do on Youtube, who saw someone else do it, who then saw someone else do it, and eventually back to the very first person to do it.

Using a couple blocks of TNT to blast open a hillside is normal.
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.

Making a brick of 20,000 TNT blocks isn't normal. It's doing something you saw some dude do on Youtube, who saw someone else do it, who then saw someone else do it, and eventually back to the very first person to do it.

Using a couple blocks of TNT to blast open a hillside is normal.
    So, if I see some guy on Youtube, who eats a sandwich, it suddenly isn't normal to eat sandwiches anymore? The next time I eat a sandwich, I'm just copying some guy on Youtube?

@OP:
    Try with a bit less TNT... Maybe 10,000 blocks?
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    AHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA YOU'RE FUCKED. (Yes, it's my forums, I'm allowed to do that)

Nobody in their right mind actually uses TNT for construction. Ooh I blasted a 6x6 hole *slightly* faster than I could have dug it. Woop.

No, TNT is for fun and traps.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by wartywarlock View Post
    Nobody in their right mind actually uses TNT for construction. Ooh I blasted a 6x6 hole *slightly* faster than I could have dug it. Woop.

No, TNT is for fun and traps.
    I use TNT to blast open mines all the time. Makes branch mining much faster because you can create a core area to start branching from much faster than if you'd mined it by hand.

I also use TNT a lot while constructing artificial caves and when trying to remove undesired landmasses. Also, depending on how much TNT you use, it's MUCH faster. Try making a giant mountain float in mid-air by hand without using TNT. I dare you :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by The Madgod View Post
    I also use TNT a lot while constructing artificial caves and when trying to remove undesired landmasses. Also, depending on how much TNT you use, it's MUCH faster. Try making a giant mountain float in mid-air by hand without using TNT. I dare you :P
    TNT also makes caves and such look more... organic? It's hard to make a floating mountain look naturally created when doing it by hand, but TNT's somewhat random method of knocking holes in things (it's 6x6 but due to stone's 30 blast resistance, it won't always blast a perfect 6x6 cube) tends to result in a more natural appearance.

Exactly why it's useful for those applications instead of just making giant holes in the world! (which I have also done, hasn't everybody, at least once? :P )

Deleted
    haha xD those little TNT-bastard blocks :>