Page 1 of 13
... LastLast
    Deleted

Sooo... Game of the Year? xD

The beta weekend blew me away really. I am finding it hard to think of another game that really compares to it, this year, or in years past frankly. Ok so it isnt perfect, I think most people have some ideas to improve it, but show me something else with the same level of depth, content, fun or future promise.

Any thoughts?

p.s. please dont flame, be constructive or be silent

Herald of the Titans Sephiracle's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    MMO game of the year. Definitely not GotY, that's pretty much locked up by Witcher 2 or Skyrim.
    LoL: Kr1sys
    WoW:'06 - '11 '14-?' : Krisys - Blood/Frost DK | Sephiracle - Arms/Prot Warrior | Sephyx - Shadow/Disc Priest | Petergriffin - Huntard

that titles reserved for skyrim.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Himora View Post
    that titles reserved for skyrim.
    Definitely this. No game can stand before it.

There's so many games, some of which sell staggering numbers of copies, like console games.

But MMO of the year definitely, will there be enough time for 2011 to be a valid entry though? .. 2012 is very possible..

Other companies should just delay their games if they want game of the year in a year when a new Elder Scrolls comes out. Seriously, there is no way it isn't going to be GotY.

Also: Are MMOs in the running for game of the year? They are kind of like games of the many years...

Either Skyrim or Skyward Sword. The latter is yet to be determined

Deleted
    wow for me again :-)

Definity not, it's good but not enough, and if you are only talking about mmos, i think is skyrim.

for GotY i think it is Skyrim. i have played an awful lot of new releases this year but Skyrim is just completely in it's own league.
    it may also be minecraft though, as it was only officially released this year even though it has been in beta for a year or two.

SW:TOR might be MMO of the year I loved my beta exp too, but I don't see it getting Game of the Year when you have games like Skyrim, Witcher 2, Battlefield 3 and CoD MW3 all in the same year, hell even games like Deus Ex HR might rate higher due to the fact SW:TOR is releasing 11 days prior to the end of the year.

Lightning. It flashes bright, then... fades away. It can't protect. It only destroys

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sephiracle View Post
    MMO game of the year. Definitely not GotY, that's pretty much locked up by Witcher 2 or Skyrim.
    I couldnt get into the witcher 2 myself, but I havent really had enough time to give it a proper go. Haven't bought skyrim myself yet, although I will in the future I am sure, as I am a big fan of oblivion.

Having said that I have seen a huge disparity of opinions on skyrim (as I have with TOR too). Bad console porting, bugs, disappointing story etc etc. I couldnt comment myself, but is it really such a huge improvement on oblivion or morrowind, gameplay wise?

I am probably biased as I just prefer a multiplayer rpg experience to a single player one, and have waited so long for a decent MMO to play.

People should pretty much give up on the fact that anything but Skyrim will be GOTY. As mentioned before if any company wants their game to have a shot at GOTY they should just delay release if an Elder Scrolls game comes out the same year.
    Quote Originally Posted by Miralynn View Post
    'Hardcore' raiders remind me of my two-year-old. "Yes, I put it down and I'm not playing with it anymore, but YOU CAN'T TOUCH IT MINE MINE MINE MINE!"

Skyrim > SW:TOR > Skyward Sword >>>>>>>>>>>>>>> anything else.

Skyrim is the GotY, Assassin's Creed is the annual GotY (1 title / year, and they're always amazing)

SW:TOR is the MMOotY 2005-2011.

Deleted
    Skyward Sword says hi.

10+ Year Old Account
    Skyrim is a definite lock on GotY, but Witcher 2 should be a strong #2.

SWTOR will have to settle for MMO of the Year unless it gets rolled into next year's awards.

Herald of the Titans Sephiracle's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by harkonen View Post
    I couldnt get into the witcher 2 myself, but I havent really had enough time to give it a proper go. Haven't bought skyrim myself yet, although I will in the future I am sure, as I am a big fan of oblivion.
    GotY isn't necessarily dictated by how many people buy the game. Okami? Sold 600kish copies in 2006, given GotY, and in the Guinness book of world records as a result.
    Last edited by Sephiracle; 2011-12-01 at 04:36 PM.
    LoL: Kr1sys
    WoW:'06 - '11 '14-?' : Krisys - Blood/Frost DK | Sephiracle - Arms/Prot Warrior | Sephyx - Shadow/Disc Priest | Petergriffin - Huntard

10+ Year Old Account
    Snip because that isn't needed.
    Last edited by Trollsbane; 2011-12-01 at 05:36 PM.

MMOs never get GotY, and to everyone saying skyrim, it's a new game fresh in your mind so of course you're going to yell "GOTYAY" but 2011 was a long year with a lot of releases

No matter how much you like it or not, MW3 or BF3 will probably be GotY
    Unf - Night Watch - Pagle

Consider the ocean waves, and how the moon's force guides them this way and that across the earth's surface. Human life is an insane coincidence. We are an instance of the universe becoming conscious of itself, yes, old news but always worth review.