Page 1 of 18
... LastLast

Glad people are getting benned for expolit of LFR

I think it is great that people from vodka are getting banned because of the LFR expolit and hope dream paragon gets the same. They should have know better and will new world first. Let the honest people win.

10+ Year Old Account
    i try not to pass my days by trampling other people in the dirt with what i can see wrong with them.
    weeee!

giulds that are going for world first should have known better. I think it is funny as hell

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jarbulldog View Post
    I think it is great that people from vodka are getting banned
    any source?

I'm on alterac mountians server and someone talked to landsoul, and their main tank a warrior, can't remember his name but its something like grif or something. Some got a 10 day ban. On the vodka web site they are saying they were not expoliting, lol what a joke. why where they running the LFR 11 times in a row and you can see in the their news all the loot they got

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    No need to put salt within the wound OP

Deleted
    No-one got banned, neither vodka nor paragon.

10+ Year Old Account
    Now that put a smile on my face lol.

I hate dishonest people, whether it is random PUGer or worl'd top.

If one of my students brings unauthorized materials to an exam, and I notice and remove them before the student can make use of the advantage, I don't give them a zero. That would be obnoxious. I do watch them more closely in the future, of course, and make sure I don't allow any opportunities to cheat.

So why, exactly, are people out for blood here? Blizz should remove the gear--all of it, even, so they're a bit worse off than had they just done one run--and we can all move on with our lives. They haven't gained any advantage from it; if they had, some temp bans would make more sense. Seems to me that Blizz needs to stop going overboard when they made a mistake. Of course, a big part of the reason Blizz is out for blood is to satiate the masses' desire for "justice."

Edit
    Let's be very clear: if a student successfully makes use of unauthorized materials, I throw the book at them. But part of my job is to accept that they may be tempted, and ensure that I save them from themselves before book throwing becomes necessary. That's what happened here--Blizz caught it and can fix it before any advantage is actually gained.
    Last edited by Galashin; 2011-12-03 at 03:39 AM.

One thing I'm wondering about... surely these guilds already have full 391 loot from heroic Firelands, so why are they farming the LFR for worse gear?

Quote Originally Posted by Netherspark View Post
    One thing I'm wondering about... surely these guilds already have full 391 loot from heroic Firelands, so why are they farming the LFR for worse gear?
    Set bonuses, itemization, and extra sockets can make up the half-tier loss of stats. Not in every case, but in enough that it can be worth it. Oh, for the days when a higher ilvl wasn't assumed to automatically be an upgrade...

its only 7 ilevels...for most classes the tier 13 is better itemized, has better sockets and FAR superior set bonuses.

10+ Year Old Account
    Who ever did this should get banned, the assholes.

I do think Blizzard is in the fault here too. It's a bit derp that they let loot get passed on, then picked up.

Rule of Thumb: If the healer's HPS is higher than your DPS, you're doing it wrong.

10+ Year Old Account
    Some of the 382 is better than 391, even with the ilvl (but only minority though).

I guess it is also for the T13 set bonuses.

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    They are actually better due to the set bonus etc and such / Extra sockets. Anything that can give you the edge for world first is necessary even the slightest bit of a ''Boost''

Deleted
    tier bonus

Wait top guilds using questionable ethics to get to the top in the world? Surely this has not been a recurring theme alert the presses! Somebody call Clark Kent or Lois Lane I have a story to report, it's going to make me rich!

Clever use of mechanics, nothing to see here move along, program better.
    Trust your doubt. Always fight for your beliefs. That is the path beyond thought.

Quote Originally Posted by Mionelol View Post
    Those trolls thinking they're fun by claiming people are getting banned.

It's not even fun, guys.

bunch of attention whores
    Worst part is the trolls thinking that the exploiters ever had the notion they would keep the gear for any extended period of time. If I got banned on one account back when I was raiding I had a second account with geared toons to continue raiding if I screwed around on my main account. So I'd imagine any of these guys would be in the same boat.

then if any of those guilds get world first, no one should reconize it becausew they cheated