Page 12 of 59 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Tnep View Post
    Sorry that this was going to be the first content we'd be able to poopsock like the rest of the guilds. We've been pretty casual last few.

What I've said in this thread, are only my statements and has nothing to do with my guild. So be off.
    what do you think of those who switch server and got more loot that way

Sorry that this was going to be the first content we'd be able to poopsock like the rest of the guilds. We've been pretty casual last few.

What I've said in this thread, are only my statements and has nothing to do with my guild. So be off.
    What I was really shooting for was being able to say Exodus is a crappy little guild albeit usually being in the top10, lol.

I do think it's pretty dumb how many people think that guilds outside of the top3 guilds from each region are somehow "unworthy" of being world first status. People act as if the other guilds in the current US top10 are bad. Guilds like Exodus, Enigma, Vigil, Drow, or Midwinter have been around the block before. The only real race anyways is about who can be the biggest group of virgins for a few weeks by putting in all the time lol.

hahahaha NICE.. they deserve it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by phillipisawarlock View Post
    The reason it was never fixed in the PTR was because no one reported it. They thought that if no one knew that they could get away with it.
    And you wonder why people say exploiting isn't cheating...
    There are no bathrooms, only Zuul.

I hope Blizzard enjoys losing tons of subscriptions. This is going to kill the game because no one will follow all the crappy little guilds getting world first.
    Your in a top 20 guild, I got my money on you exploited, got banned and now are mad. Your own fault.

While what some guilds did obviously was not the right thing to do, this is an overreaction by blizzard (if it is indeed an 8 day ban).

People are acting like guilds like paragon are getting ilvl 9000 gear and that their exploits are going to completely trivialize all the content... keep in mind, while some of the set bonuses and trinkets might be good (and SLIGHT upgrades to what they have now), at the end of the day it is still ilvl 384 gear... and I love how the community absolutely destroys any guild who went out to get lots of 384s, but running 6+ main groups with 20+ alts and 3-5 main raiders to give all your main raiders the best shot at tons of 397s, not to mention having like 18+ legendary staves, is completely ok and doesn't trivialize heroic modes at all.

Also, as much as I would love to see a US guild "dethrone" the europeans, at the end of the day if this ban does go through and a US guild takes tons (if not all) world firsts, including deathwing, it will still seem like a false victory..... kind of like, let's say, beating the Miami Heat when Lebron, Wade, and Bosh are all suspended by the league because fans raged hard at them for "LAWL EXPLOITING RULES" (just an example.........). Sure, you won the game... but, did you really?

I bet the length of the suspensions is based off what day the guild started exploiting.
    For instance, Paragon said they waited Tuesday and Wednesday hoping that use of the exploit wouldn't take off, but when they saw all their competition using it, they felt they had no other choice and so started doing it on Thursday.

Maybe people that did it the first day or two (thus setting the trend) got harsher suspensions than those who waited and only followed suit.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lynandra View Post
    Well, no, not really. Nothing was HANDED to them. It was TAKEN. And actually it's pretty complicated : you had to set the loot to Master Loot, then Disconnect during the boss fight a few seconds before it dies, and then log back in, so you were manually put back into the master looter's list (it's more or less that). I don't really see how it could be blizzard accidentally handing out additional loot =P

A more accurate analogy than yours (which was more of an anal-logic) would be you putting your card in the ATM, enter your code, withdraw 70, immediately remove your card by using a screwdriver to trigger a bug, then put quickly the card back into said ATM and withdraw 30 more dollars. You have 100, but the last 30 are not billed from your account. That's not the bank handing you 30$ by mistake, well, at least in a logic/normal world.
    Actually it was about a simple as: Zone out, zone in. Loot is yours.

And honestly, the fact that something as simple as that can slip by Blizzards development team, just proves how little time they actually spend on making solid content.
    Last edited by mmoca1ca750223; 2011-12-06 at 06:46 AM.

I like how this thread has turned into nothing but idiots bickering about who has the better analogy.

Quote Originally Posted by Jasemas View Post
    I saw DREAM Paragon's website and they posted up an explanation for using the LFR Exploit.
    They basically said "that everyone else was using it, so we didn't want to be behind"
    Meh, I find it funny that one of the WoW's top raiding guild's feels that way.

The only good thing that will come out of this is that "we've seen the fall of the elite"
    as it gives a chance for other guilds like Blood Legion & Vodka a chance to get their names up there.

because blizzard hadnt said anything against this (more shit loots in the first id via strange ways) in the past years

Deserved. Should have been longer. Three weeks would have killed the final tier for them. There's no excuse for cheating, even if others are doing it. If you copy them then you simply have no integrity. Nice to see Blizz had some balls for once.

10+ Year Old Account
    In your fish aquarium eating your fish flakes. NOM NOM
    Quote Originally Posted by blgdinger View Post
    I like how this thread has turned into nothing but idiots bickering about who has the better analogy.
    Its so easy a cave man can do it~!
    Torchlight II Vanilla Player
    Looking for a vanilla only group?

http://forums.runicgames.com/viewtopic.php?f=35&t=40739

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mammoon View Post
    While what some guilds did obviously was not the right thing to do, this is an overreaction by blizzard (if it is indeed an 8 day ban).

People are acting like guilds like paragon are getting ilvl 9000 gear and that their exploits are going to completely trivialize all the content... keep in mind, while some of the set bonuses and trinkets might be good (and SLIGHT upgrades to what they have now), at the end of the day it is still ilvl 384 gear... and I love how the community absolutely destroys any guild who went out to get lots of 384s, but running 6+ main groups with 20+ alts and 3-5 main raiders to give all your main raiders the best shot at tons of 397s, not to mention having like 18+ legendary staves, is completely ok and doesn't trivialize heroic modes at all.

Also, as much as I would love to see a US guild "dethrone" the europeans, at the end of the day if this ban does go through and a US guild takes tons (if not all) world firsts, including deathwing, it will still seem like a false victory..... kind of like, let's say, beating the Miami Heat when Lebron, Wade, and Bosh are all suspended by the league because fans raged hard at them for "LAWL EXPLOITING RULES" (just an example.........). Sure, you won the game... but, did you really?
    It was false victory when that asian guild exploited the character transfer/racechange service to reset their lockout. A lot of people thought they deserved any world firsts they got.

These people are unscrupulous.
    There are no bathrooms, only Zuul.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mammoon View Post

If that's the case, then it still begs the question why the best guilds on the planet took the risk. It really keeps coming back to that:

"Ah, it's too much. The gear wasn't worth that much. LFR gear is junk."

"Then why bother?"

"It appears that the top guilds (including us) who have speculated they won't get banned for exploiting LFR have been proven wrong."

http://www.methodwow.com/board/conte...R-exploit-bans

Other words... "We know it was an exploit, but didn't think we would get banned." LOL

Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    If that's the case, then it still begs the question why the best guilds on the planet took the risk. It really keeps coming back to that:

"Ah, it's too much. The gear wasn't worth that much. LFR gear is junk."

"Then why bother?"

Pretty obvious that the set bonuses would make up for any stat drops.

10+ Year Old Account
    No sympathy here. As the OP stated, they should all be pretty ashamed of what they did anyway.

Certain people can blame Blizzard all they want. There was cheating, people got caught and now people are punished for it. This is how it works in every aspect of life, virtual or otherwise.

What I don't understand is; Did you all really think you wouldn't get caught? Blinded by purple and a chance at being e-Celebs.

Quote Originally Posted by zolphinus View Post
    But it's not like leaving a bank vault unlocked. It's like going to the bank and making a withdrawal and the bank gives you more money than they should have.
    Legally, part of the clause you have with your bank is that it's THEIR responsibility to catch the error within a certain time frame, or the money is yours.

That is a more accurate analogy in this case.
    Wrong, you're not allowed to keep the money if a bank has a clerical error.

Quote Originally Posted by bi0 View Post
    because blizzard hadnt said anything against this (more shit loots in the first id via strange ways) in the past years
    I don't really think a post from Blizzard is going to justify the exploit of the LFR. That's what Paragon have said, they are the sheep in this case. It's early days, just gotta wait for Blizzard's response to the 'bans'

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tempest21 View Post
    I actually got a 72 hour ban for this exploit myself apparently. No, I didn't do it on purpose nor at the time did I have any idea what I did was considered an exploit at all.

I cleared the instance with my priest and after the 4th boss the group left. I logged out still in the instance, then latter logged back into the priest to continue playing. When I logged back in, I noticed the boss was still there sparkling with loot on it. I checked it out and it was some piece of mail gear that obviously I couldn't use. I assumed that no one in the raid wanted it and since everyone passed it was up for free grabs so I casually picked it up to vendor for a few 15g or whatever.

I wasn't trying to abuse the system or purposefully exploit myself to having extra gear, but here I am with a stupid ban I feel I don't deserve.

Yeah like the other guy said, making some popcorn right now, this is just insanely hilarious.

I'm role-playing right now with the thought you u thinking "oh well, I'll just take the loot" and then later realizing that you can't log on, classic.