Poll: How do you feel about P.C.?

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I remember a few years back some nurserys here in England changed the way they sing 'Ba, ba Black sheep' and now they sing 'Ba, ba Rainbow sheep' due to political correctness... it was one of the biggest "Wtf?!" moments I've ever had, I think PC is getting out of hand in quite a few countries.
    For the Horde!

Blaming political correctness is a just a method people use to victimize themselves, trying to excuse the fact that, 90% of the time, people who come up with this excuse are ignorant douchebags who should learn how to behave and shut their mouths in the first place.

They are the ones getting easily upset by any little thing.

Oh, look, I called people douchebags. Am I an hypocrite? No. It's just that such people deserve to be treated that way. It's all about mutual respect. Can't handle it? Don't come back whining that "the US is too politically correct, boofuckinghoo"

Except when it comes to sexuality. General media in the US could be less of a prude when it comes to it.

Oh, btw OP:

http://www.cracked.com/blog/3-reason...akes-no-sense/

Quote Originally Posted by vaeevictiss View Post
    the one that pisses me off just from the sheer idiocy of it, is the hypen nationalities. you alyway hear the same shit...oh...im african american, hes african american, our president is african american.

really? i thought you have been trying to be equal? they are segregating themsleves! are u a US citizen? yes? then you are an american. black...american. chinese...american. arab...american. stop making this race thing worse than it is because u are the ones segregating urselves.
    I think the point where what someone chooses to identify themselves as pisses you off is the point where you're the one who is wrong and needs to chill the fuck out.

---------- Post added 2011-12-07 at 12:21 AM ----------

people do get offended to easily.
    Says the guy who just posted about how much hyphens and the word "holidays" pisses him off.

we are way too PC. "What if Catholics had done 9/11? Would we ban thier church from an area?" Well, the fact is, they didn't... maybe if they had commited tons of other terrorist acts like Muslims have, then we would ban a chruch somewhere. Fact: Not all terorists are Muslim, but most are. Most Mulims are normal people trying to live thier lives, BUT there are more Mulsims willing to kill themselves and any Christians/Jews/Western people in the process then there are non Muslims willing to do the same.

Please show me evidence that Christians, Jews, Buddists, etc cause as much terrorism as Muslims do? You can't. From the late 600's until about 1680, Muslims were the pretty much what they see American as now, people "invading" thier land and "forcing" thier view on others. Peaceful my ass. Go read 1453 and Empires of the Sea and tell me all about the peaceful Muslims afterward.

Here is another fact: As a % of thier population, there are more black criminals then there are white or asian criminals. If I state that 100% truth, a lot of people will go crazy and say "You racist mother****** stfu" but its true. Cops often stop a suspicious looking black guy because guess what? The majority of the time the people who commit crimes in the USA turn out to be black... I mean if you have a dog and a turtle as pets, roaming free, you put your hamburger down and turn your back a minute and its gone, who are you going to blame? Yeah, I wonder why they grab the "ghetto" looking black guy and not the well dressed asian or white guy who also walked by. People have gotten so insanely liberal and PC you can't state facts any longer without getting your head bitten off.

I know someone is going to say it... so I'll pre respond to it: No, I am not as concerned about all crimes you are going to spout off that mainly white people in high end compannies/banks do, I'll be more concerned about the guy sticking a gun or knife directly in my face, thanks.

Mod Warning: Watch the way you phrase your posts. Saying that most muslims are terrorists = not acceptable.
    Last edited by mmoc0fc091fcb6; 2011-12-07 at 08:55 PM.

Not all terorists are Muslim, but most are

ummmmm........

Quote Originally Posted by Knight Gil View Post
    Blaming political correctness is a just a method people use to victimize themselves, trying to excuse the fact that, 90% of the time, people who come up with this excuse are ignorant douchebags who should learn how to behave and shut their mouths in the first place.

They are the ones getting easily upset by any little thing.

Oh, look, I called people douchebags. Am I an hypocrite? No. It's just that such people deserve to be treated that way. It's all about mutual respect. Can't handle it? Don't come back whining that "the US is too politically correct, boofuckinghoo"

Except when it comes to sexuality. General media in the US could be less of a prude when it comes to it.

Oh, btw OP:

http://www.cracked.com/blog/3-reason...akes-no-sense/
    You can call people whatever you want, its how you react to insults. You're argument makes no sense.

oh and btw...

http://content.usatoday.com/communit...tional-issue/1

Quote Originally Posted by hksin11186 View Post
    I think the fact that you censored nigger, but not kike or fag, in your post lends some weight to the OP's general concept. (unless there's some built in chat filter I'm unaware of ... ?)

I get that it's hard to shake off decades of negative connotations, but in the grand scheme of things words only have the power people give them.
    Just wasn't sure how far the mods go in this type of stuff. Nothing intentional. Sorry for the misinterpretation.

Quote Originally Posted by Cruor View Post
    Fact: Not all terorists are Muslim, but most are....People have gotten so insanely liberal and PC you can't state facts any longer without getting your head bitten off.
    Something tells me when people "bite your head off" it isn't because they're being pc...could have something to do with your definition of "fact" though...

Quote Originally Posted by vaeevictiss View Post
    on the topic of christmas, that annoys me. i dont celebrate "the holidays" or hannukah...i celebrate christmas and will call it christmas. if you celebrate another event, good for you celebrate it, im not gonna bother you or say it offends me. in return, i would appreciate you shut the fuck up about how i celebrate my beliefs.

too many people are that nosey god damn neighbor and if there is a way to keep someone from doing something they will find it.

people do get offended to easily. this country was built on turn of the century good old fashioned new york city immigrant go fuck yourself additude...and we have completely lost that. we are now the united states of the offended.
    Usually iti's best just to say "Have a good holidays." If you know the other person is for sure Jewish or Muslim, it'd be pretty weird/awkard to say "Merry Christmas." A more appropriate response would be "Merry Hannukah" (to a Jew) and that person replies "Merry Christmas." Doesn't seem like a big deal to me.

When politicians don't want to hang up a Christmas tree because they dont' want to offend non-Christians who won't be offended anyways, that's a bit too extreme, and just plain silly. Hang your Christmas tree, enjoy your holiday, great for you, it's not offensive to follow the Consitutional rights of freedom of religion.

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Dome View Post
    Usually iti's best just to say "Have a good holidays." If you know the other person is for sure Jewish or Muslim, it'd be pretty weird/awkard to say "Merry Christmas." A more appropriate response would be "Merry Hannukah" (to a Jew) and that person replies "Merry Christmas." Doesn't seem like a big deal to me.
    No sane person in the right mind would say merry christmas if they knew that person was muslim/jew unless they did it intentionally to insult that person.

Quote Originally Posted by I No I FeaR I View Post
    To the Americans who were spoon fed Christian morals and taught that being Christian is the only right way, saying Merry Christmas isn't a big deal to them, because they don't realize that everyone ISN'T Christian and that they actually ARE pushing their religion on someone else...because incase you didn't realize, the word Christmas has the word "Christ" in it, which some people do not believe in/follow. "Happy Holidays" is a better general statement to say to people, no matter what their religion is.
    You are the perfect example of someone who takes political correctness to the extreme. You are getting all butt hurt because someone said "Merry Christmas" to you? Wow. You do realize that saying this is NOT forcing christian religion down your throat right? It's merely a polite saying and usually means that the person saying it hopes that you have a wonderful holiday season. The fact that you are getting all bent out of shape about it just proves how idiotic some people are nowadays (especially when it comes to being "politically correct"). I'm Christian and I've had Muslims bless me and wish me well....do I yell at them and say "I'M CHRISTIAN, I'M NOT MUSLIM!"? No...I say thank you and move on because it was just a polite saying where they were wishing me well.

You really need to grow up. I'm getting sick of people like you who think that every single word a Christian says and every single action that a Christian does, is in some way forcing Christianity down their throats. If atheists and people of other religions spent half the amount of time that they spend yelling at and bashing Christians, so much more stuff would get done.

And just for the record (and I know this is anecdotal evidence), I see more atheists trying to force their beliefs (or non-beliefs, however you want to look at it) down Christians' throats than vice versa. Hypocrites much? Yes.

Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    ummmmm........
    Not all terrorists are Muslim, but most Terrorists are Muslim. What do you not get? Heres an example: I'm sure 99+% of Muslims are not terrorists. However, there are more Musims who are terrorists then people of other religions who are. Nothing to ummmmm about, its true. Show me it isn't

You guys need to work on your reading a bit. "Not all terrorsits are Muslim but most are" refers to most terrorists being Muslim, not most Muslims being terrorist. Considering where I am however, I should have made it even more clear... my bad for expecting people to read correctly.
    Last edited by Cruor; 2011-12-07 at 12:49 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Son of Lothar View Post
    No sane person in the right mind would say merry christmas if they knew that person was muslim/jew unless they did it intentionally to insult that person.
    The person I was replying to didn't make it seem that way. I may have misinterpreted that person. /shrug

Not all terrorists are Muslim, but most Terrorists are Muslim. What do you not get? Heres an example: I'm sure 99+% of Muslims are not terrorists. However, there are more Musims who are terrorists then people of other religions who are. Nothing to ummmmm about, its true. Show me it isn't
    If terrorists make up less than 1% of the muslim population why even bother connecting the two?

Might as well say most terrorists are poor. or most terrorists are male. or non-white.

Its a complete nonfactor.

15+ Year Old Account
    If you go by how its portrayed in the media then yes its too pc.
    "Only Jack can zip up."
    The word you want to use is "have" not "of".
    You may have alot of stuff in your country, but we got Lolland.

You guys need to work on your reading a bit. "Not all terrorsits are Muslim but most are" refers to most terrorists being Muslim, not most Muslims being terrorist. Considering where I am however, I should have made it even more clear... my bad for expecting people to read correctly.
    That's not how it works. You have to show that it is true.

Also, maybe it is you who should work on the reading? He said "ummm", that's it. You made an assumption about what he meant.

To the people talking about how people saying "Merry Christmas" are pushing their religion, shut up with that. Nobody is pushing their religion, they're just saying "Happy Holidays" in a way that's familiar to them. They're not trying to make you Christian or anything like that. I'm an atheist and I still say "Merry Christmas" because that's just what I picked up while growing up. I don't give a fuck if you celebrate some other holiday, I'll say "Merry Christmas" to you and you can say "Merry <Whatever>" back to me.
    Last edited by v2prwsmb45yhuq3wj23vpjk; 2011-12-07 at 01:02 AM.

As an Australian who has worked for a number of US companies I can honestly say that most US employee's I deal with (not all) take things way too seriously. Alot of these guys seriously need to relax, have a laugh once in a while and stop taking life so seriously. This is the root cause of the political correctness, that and everyone believing they have a right to not be offended.

Another note we should listen to the intention of what people say not what they actually say. I don't perceive Merry Christmas as pushing religion, it's a public Holiday in many western countries and anyone living in a western country should embrace the tradition. Christmas is about spending time with family, the religeous significance is inconsequential and is largly ignored these days.
    Last edited by Rhyseh; 2011-12-07 at 12:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Dome View Post
    Anders Behring Breivik should definitely be locked up for what he did. And when you bomb a government building, and shoot about 100 kids, you're going to jail. This isn't the case I'm talking about.

Here is one example.
    Foreign rapists in Sweden
    Rape wave in Norway here and here - notice how they downplay it and accuse others, for absolutely no reason.

Please note - I am not followers of those websites or blogs, any other content on those blogs may or may not be something I support or advocate. My topic is merely in reference to this post.
    being able to read both languages most of what those are saying isnt really the full truth

here is an article from in which the police chief herself says she will doesnt if speaking about the rapists all being non westernes is potentially volatile...
    http://www.nrk.no/nyheter/norge/1.6944861

Political correctness, on every single level, is ridiculous. People that get offended when someone tells them "Merry Christmas" would truly be better off feeding worms. Political correctness distorts intent... I mean seriously, how many people wish someone else "Merry Christmas" with malicious intent? The notion is absurd.

Besides, who promised anyone the "right" to not be offended?

i would like to point out that i as a dane say Merry Christmas when i speak english even though my celebration is called Yule which is closer to the pagan tradition, hence why i have a goat made of straw standing in the hall of the apartment and put flags on my "christmas"-tree - it is simply a word for a celebration which can be completely secular and in many cases just tradition... I could say Merry Yule but noone would know what the hell i was celebrating outside scandinavia