10+ Year Old Account
    Ok, here's the article on that Spurs thing http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/86...-vs-miami-heat

Yeah, fuck Stern. Seriously. Fans wanna be pissed because they didn't get to see them in a game? Fine. But there's nothing wrong with resting your starters. Given that the average age of the Spurs is 75 anyway, it's not like they couldn't use it. Player safety and health I guess isn't a big deal to Stern. If this happens, he will come out as the bad guy even more than he already is.

I laughed pretty hard at Stern's impotent rage. The Spurs could give a fuck less if he fines them a million dollars. Also, the part where the Spurs were entirely competitive tonight undermines whatever point he might have had in the first place.

Mmmmm well guys I agree Popovich didn't have to play them at all, the only thing I see wrong is that they went home. It would have been respectful to at least show up to sit on the bench the same way injured players do. Sending home early is nice and all but it's not like they'd get super exhausted sitting down.

And Conscript I need to be Knicks stock owner so I can get rid of Amare and assemble a legit Big 3 of my own like everyone else has. I'm super jealous after hearing people call San Antonio's retirement home club members a "Big 3."

Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post
    Sending home early is nice and all but it's not like they'd get super exhausted sitting down.
    I've got to disagree. Just travelling in and of itself is pretty damned fatiguing, and when you've already been playing basketball just about every night, the extra flights can really grind on you. Besides, it's not like Stern would have been OK with it if that group had been at the game, sitting. If anything, it would have just been a more prominent scene, as the cameras would have panned them constantly.

You know Spectral I agree that the travelling is slightly fatiguing but they were going from Orlando to Miami, which I know is like a 3.5 hour drive so the plane ride must be short. (Although I know to take other things like delays into consideration.)

A good point the TNT crew brought up was that maybe Popavich should have let them rest and ignore the Orlando game to prepare for the Heat game, instead of taking the Heat game off. Although I don't really agree, I think it's better to let them go home the day before normal instead of just relaxing out of home and staying on the road.

Idk I really think the NBA schedule sort of sucks anyway and should be revised. (Not this season) but spaced out better.

---------- Post added 2012-11-30 at 02:38 PM ----------

Oh and lol at Pendulous quoting an article and your statement. I don't necessarily blame David Stern, he's not particularly critical of the part of players being tired/risking injury, it's just a let down to the fans who paid for tickets to not get to see the players they expected to see.

And I admit, that's a big deal. If the game I go to in December doesn't have Kevin Love in because they decide to rest him or some bullshit I'd be pretty mad I paid $86 for an up close ticket regardless of how the team does; I'm going to see Kevin Love, not the Timberwolves.

Not that I think ticket owners are entitled to see whatever they want, especially from a team on the road, if a player was injured then there'd be no helping not getting to see who you wanted too, but still a player optionally not even showing up to the game sucks.

10+ Year Old Account
    NBA ruled, 250k fine on the Spurs for doing nothing wrong.

Herald of the Titans Skarsguard's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    NBA ruled, 250k fine on the Spurs for doing nothing wrong.
    That is so retarded it's the NBA's fault for the schedule that the spurs had.

Lol.....that's so fucking stupid. It's actually really expensive too. Totally hate David Stern.

15+ Year Old Account
    One of the league pass commericals on the Brooklyn/Orlando game was a cool dribbling routine with Wade, Johnson, Howard, Westbrook, and Melo wearing their Christmas day uniforms. Holy FUCK those jerseys are all horrible. The Lakers one is white with white text just like the Heat's all white alternate. Terrible. The Brooklyn one is gray with lighter gray text so you can at least see the team name. The Heat is red lettering on a red jersey. Terrible. The Thunder is like powder blue with red lettering. Okay. The Knicks one though, wtf. It is like sherbert orange with very faintly outlined lettering in blue. Awful. Megafail NBA.

---------- Post added 2012-12-01 at 06:42 AM ----------

Kobe scores the 4th most points on the Lakers last night and they crush Denver behind Antawn Jamison?! Also love that Gasol is trying to tank his trade value. Last 5 games 6, 8, 10, 13, and 6 points.

Hehe Knicks beat Wizards and Nets beat Magic for both of them to get 10-4 records. Or 11-4? Some shit like that.

Nets are gonna get smacked by Miami again tonight lol...

And San Antonio vs. Memphis is only on league pass. Gay.

---------- Post added 2012-12-01 at 12:14 PM ----------

Oh btw guys I came to the realization that season tickets are fucking gay. I mean they are nice status and all to have permanent seats all season for your favorite team, but who the fuck is gonna go and catch 41 whole games, especially against the weaker teams? Maybe if I lived like 10 minute WALKING distance from the stadium lol but otherwise...no thanks.

I mean, unless you live in a big market area and you can sell your tickets online, but I swear I always see like 2000 tickets on stubhub that probably go unsold.

---------- Post added 2012-12-01 at 12:22 PM ----------

Lol make that like 5000 tickets to eh games, 2000 unsold are like to the good games.

I think people forget that sports are essentially all about entertainment. Thats the reason they exist. Popovic afterward said he planned long ago for these players to sit out the Miami game so why is it we only got word of this right beforehand? That couldve been one factor that pissed Stern off. The other is that the NBA doesnt offer refunds on tickets and this could start creating a demand for them which the NBA obviously doesnt want to do. If you buy tickets to a show and some of the actors arent there you have the option of refunding your ticket, sports doesnt allow it. I think people all understand and accept sitting players for injury, these are unforseen circumstances. But to rest your top four players at once because they might be a little tired is rediculous.

Quote Originally Posted by Jibjabb View Post
    I think people forget that sports are essentially all about entertainment. Thats the reason they exist. Popovic afterward said he planned long ago for these players to sit out the Miami game so why is it we only got word of this right beforehand? That couldve been one factor that pissed Stern off. The other is that the NBA doesnt offer refunds on tickets and this could start creating a demand for them which the NBA obviously doesnt want to do. If you buy tickets to a show and some of the actors arent there you have the option of refunding your ticket, sports doesnt allow it. I think people all understand and accept sitting players for injury, these are unforseen circumstances. But to rest your top four players at once because they might be a little tired is rediculous.
    Sports, for the consumer, is about entertainment. Sports, for the athletes (as well as those who are coaching, etc) are in it for championships. The three top stars of the team are over 30 years of age; Tim Duncan is 36, Ginobili 35 and Parker 30. It was their last game of their six-game road trip...sitting your aging stars is understandable. Obviously the consumers who bought the tickets will be a little pissed off, but it's not like the consumers were sent home without a game; in fact, they saw a close game in which the Heat almost lost. I don't see how this is an issue.

:O Spurs beat Memphis in OT. Greg Popvich is genius.

Nets got raped by Miami because in 2nd half they lost focus and turned the ball over 12 times and that let Miami get back into the swing of things. Wade was monstrous too lol.

Herald of the Titans Skarsguard's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    :O Spurs beat Memphis in OT. Greg Popvich is genius.

Nets got raped by Miami because in 2nd half they lost focus and turned the ball over 12 times and that let Miami get back into the swing of things. Wade was monstrous too lol.
    Coach Pop is the best coach maybe in all sports for sure the NBA and has been for awhile I know most people will say Phil Jackson but he was more of a Players coach and ego control coach Pop is the best half time adjusting coach and probably the best X's and O's coach out there.

10+ Year Old Account
    Same old Sheed, getting 2 tech's in less then a minute.
    It's coming in 1.2!!!

Quote Originally Posted by mirodin View Post
    Same old Sheed, getting 2 tech's in less then a minute.
    Lol......I like Rasheed too, he's so thug, perfect for NY. They gave him his 2nd tech for yelling his catch phrase "Ball don't lie."

15+ Year Old Account
    Lol......I like Rasheed too, he's so thug, perfect for NY. They gave him his 2nd tech for yelling his catch phrase "Ball don't lie."
    ROFL seriously? I love Sheed. I'm so happy that guy is back in the league if for no other reason than his stupid techs that the fans love and him whining about every foul and then yelling ball don't lie.

NY 8-0 home, 12-4 overall.

Technical foul hall of famer in NY:

---------- Post added 2012-12-02 at 04:06 PM ----------

Oh also I'm calling bullshit on those ESPN attendance rates. No way some of those teams are pulling those kinds of numbers.
    Last edited by Blueobelisk; 2012-12-02 at 08:52 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    NY 8-0 home, 12-4 overall.
    Oh also I'm calling bullshit on those ESPN attendance rates. No way some of those teams are pulling those kinds of numbers.
    Sheed rules. Ya those attendance numbers are largely inflated. They include every ticket sold or given away, not the number of people who actually attend the game iirc.

:O Ricky Rubio did full practice. Maybe if I'm lucky he'll be back for my game in 15 days and the Wolves will be retooled and super awesome!

---------- Post added 2012-12-02 at 06:59 PM ----------

........Raymond Felton bruised bone in his left hand during game that everyone saw but he kept playing.

I swear to god, the Knicks are the most injured team in the NBA:
    1. Amare is out till Christmas bad knees.
    2. Marcus Camby was out because of foot soreness.
    3. Raymond Felton bruised bone in hand.
    4. Jason Kidd back spasms.
    5. Iman Shumpert torn ACL.
    6. Pablo Prigioni had to get seated today because his nose was bleeding for some reason.

Then you got (7) Rasheed Wallace getting ejected for technicals. (8) Kurt Thomas is oldest man in NBA and obviously can't play mad minutes. (9) Tyson Chandler is injury prone center who has to have limited minutes. Then you got (10) Melo getting roughed up every night at power forward risking injury. (11) Ronnie Brewer dislocated his finger against Nets the other day.

That leaves:
    12. Chris Copeland
    13. Steve Novak
    14. James White
    15. J.R. Smith

Knicks are all banged up/risk of injury. It's cool, just 4 days till we play Miami again.