Quote Originally Posted by mirodin View Post
    Gonna steer off this trade talk for a moment. I'm watching a show called "The Lost Dunks", as in the dunks from the players that didn't win the Dunk contest. Anyway i still to this day can not understand how Andre Igudala lost it to Nate, who the f was voting.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GZpYa...eature=related Part 1 starts there very entertaining.

On the subject of dunks, the Gerald Green one the other day was far better then anything I have seen Blake Griffen do (Sorry, but his "Dunks" are half the time just thrown down from five feet away! /opinion) Yet got almost no talk from espn and all.

There were people saying that Griffen's dunk earlier was the greatest in game dunk of all time (Ludicrous in my opinion) but it was already eclipsed this year!

/salivate

Herald of the Titans Skarsguard's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Blake Griffen is a monster I mean dood is massive and when he dunks he does it with authority it's what makes his dunks look better then if a smaller guy did the same dunk.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Twiddly View Post
    On the subject of dunks, the Gerald Green one the other day was far better then anything I have seen Blake Griffen do (Sorry, but his "Dunks" are half the time just thrown down from five feet away! /opinion) Yet got almost no talk from espn and all.

There were people saying that Griffen's dunk earlier was the greatest in game dunk of all time (Ludicrous in my opinion) but it was already eclipsed this year!

/salivate
    That dunk is impressive, but greatest of all time is beyond absurd. That isn't even comparable to Vince Carter jumping over a seven footer or Michael Jordan's ridiculous dunk against the Knicks in traffic after a baseline spin to get room. A transition dunk like that is never as impressive as a dunk with actual defenders in your face. That is the classic Javale McGee brand dunk right there. Terrible team, losing the game, lets go for the highlight reel, high risk dunk rather than just putting the ball in! Great plan!

---------- Post added 2012-03-13 at 09:47 AM ----------

Rofl. Reportedly Golden State, Milwaukee, and Orlando are working on a three team trade right now. That trade would send Andrew Bogut to Golden State, Monta Ellis and Stephen Jackson to Orlando, and Hedo Turkoglu to Milwaukee. That deal by itself doesn't work as Orlando would need to carve out another $6 million and change in the deal which would mean sending Reddick or Glen Davis(or a combination of lower players) back to Milwaukee with Hedo. Probably Reddick as Monta and Jackson play guard as well. If that deal did happen, Golden State would have a center platoon of an injured Andrew Bogut, terrible Andreas Bierdens, and legendary Kwame Brown. Not sure if that is funnier or that Orlando thinks that Monta Ellis and Stephen Jackson are the players that would motivate Howard to stay in Orlando.

Houston is also trying to trade for Bogut offering Dalembert, Courtney Lee, and a pick.

---------- Post added 2012-03-13 at 09:53 AM ----------

Other fun Dwight Howard news, reportedly Howard has expanded his list of teams he would sign an extension with to include Miami and the Clippers. A Miami trade of Howard for say Bosh, Joel Anthony, and a pick would be insane. According to ESPN's trade machine, which estimate wins and losses added by a trade, that deal would add 8 wins to Miami over a season so they would essentially go undefeated lol.

10+ Year Old Account
    On espn radio they were talking about the Magic is giving Howard power to keep or fire the coach and/or the GM if he stays. I think that is nuts but it's not the first time a players as determined the fate of a coach before.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by skarsguard View Post
    On espn radio they were talking about the Magic is giving Howard power to keep or fire the coach and/or the GM if he stays. I think that is nuts but it's not the first time a players as determined the fate of a coach before.
    Rofl. You know why that is, right? Because Van Gundy and Smith want to trade him! They want this done with. They know Howard wants to leave so they want the organization to move him and get assets back while they can still get something for him. But no, upper management is stuck in the mud convinced they can keep him by adding pieces when everyone from the coach to the GM knows he has every intention of walking out that door in a few weeks and signing with the Nets who will have to get rid of exactly zero assets to get him at that point since Howard isn't going to do a sign and trade. Hilarious. This is a great situation where you get upper management and the owner that they know how to run the team on the floor more than the coach or the GM they hired to make these decisions. Al Davis and Jerry Jones had/have this exact same thing in the NFL. Davis spent the last two decades of his life making enemies and Jerry Jones has his team so thoroughly fucked by his terrible decision making that the Cowboys won't recover for awhile.

from what I hear the only real reason he is still on Orlando is because he doesnt want to sign with the Bulls. They said that if he would be willing to sign an extension in Chicago he wouldve been shipped out already for I believe it was Noah, Deng, Gibson and some picks (bulls would take back someone else to make salaries work i think it was Hedo). Chicago has gave Orlando the best offer. New Jerseys offer of Lopez isnt as nice and Dallas is just hoping to pick him up in Free Agency, I dont think they have a desire to trade.

And while I am a Bulls fan I am also a Mavs fan. Im practically drooling on myself right now thinking about him playing with Dirk Nowitkizi. Could be the best big man tandem of all time. And if Williams goes there too? Game over man. Game over.

15+ Year Old Account
    Reportedly the Bucks have sent Bogut and Jackson to Golden State for Monta Ellis, Ekpe Udoh, and Kwame Brown.

---------- Post added 2012-03-13 at 08:40 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Jibjabb View Post
    from what I hear the only real reason he is still on Orlando is because he doesnt want to sign with the Bulls. They said that if he would be willing to sign an extension in Chicago he wouldve been shipped out already for I believe it was Noah, Deng, Gibson and some picks (bulls would take back someone else to make salaries work i think it was Hedo). Chicago has gave Orlando the best offer. New Jerseys offer of Lopez isnt as nice and Dallas is just hoping to pick him up in Free Agency, I dont think they have a desire to trade.
    And while I am a Bulls fan I am also a Mavs fan. Im practically drooling on myself right now thinking about him playing with Dirk Nowitkizi. Could be the best big man tandem of all time. And if Williams goes there too? Game over man. Game over.
    If it wouldn't be as good as the David Robinson/Tim Duncan Spurs it would be real damn close. Real, real damn close. With Deron Williams too it would just be disgusting. Heat/Mavs finals for four or five years in a row lol.

The teams that cane give Orlando the best deal are Chicago and Miami. Its questionable whether Miami wants to do it and Howard doesn't want to go to Chicago to get mad Adidas money next year in a major market like LA or NY rather than in Chicago with Rose, also an Adidas athlete. Miami can give them Bosh, a legitimate NBA star. Chicago can give them several very good players and draft picks. The Clippers won't part with Blake Griffin. Monta Ellis, while not a super star, is on his way to Milwaukee. Brooks Lopez is fucking terrible. Seriously, why do people keep even throwing his name out like he should be attractive to any team. A 7 footer that averages 3 rebounds a game. Ya... The Knicks could give them Melo and Chandler which I don't think they would do. Dallas has no assets except Mark Cuban's money which he will love to throw his way this offseason. LA could give them Bynum, but Jim Buss is an idiot and likely won't move Bynum. Also, Jim Buss is a moron. There aren't a lot of really exciting trade options that are going to get them a good return. They are either going to have to take a smaller return, but still it will be SOME return, or they are going to get nothing for him.
    Last edited by conscript; 2012-03-14 at 12:48 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't understand why he wouldn't want to play for the bulls. I mean they have a top 2 you can argue top PG in the league in Rose. It's a big city so its not like he's going to be bored or anything the only thing I can think of he is doesn't care for D.Rose as a person and wants to play with his friends like Lebron and Wade did.

---------- Post added 2012-03-13 at 07:50 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by conscript View Post
    Reportedly the Bucks have sent Bogut and Jackson to Golden State for Monta Ellis, Ekpe Udoh, and Kwame Brown.

---------- Post added 2012-03-13 at 08:40 PM ----------

If it wouldn't be as good as the David Robinson/Tim Duncan Spurs it would be real damn close. Real, real damn close. With Deron Williams too it would just be disgusting. Heat/Mavs finals for four or five years in a row lol.
    I think why you would have to say twin towers would be better then Howard/Dirk is because Dirk doesn't have the "inside presence" that a normal big has.

15+ Year Old Account
    I don't understand why he wouldn't want to play for the bulls. I mean they have a top 2 you can argue top PG in the league in Rose. It's a big city so its not like he's going to be bored or anything the only thing I can think of he is doesn't care for D.Rose as a person and wants to play with his friends like Lebron and Wade did.
    It is 100% his shoe deal. The money he stands to make from Adidas and other endorsements as a solo act in Brooklyn must vastly outweigh what he can make as a co-star in Chicago. Who wouldn't want to play and live in Chicago? The team is phenomenal. Their team identity fits Howard like a glove. There can't be any motivation aside from sponsorship money for him going to a terrible Brooklyn Nets team over the Bulls considering both teams would pay him the exact same amount of money.

10+ Year Old Account
    It is 100% his shoe deal. The money he stands to make from Adidas and other endorsements as a solo act in Brooklyn must vastly outweigh what he can make as a co-star in Chicago. Who wouldn't want to play and live in Chicago? The team is phenomenal. Their team identity fits Howard like a glove. There can't be any motivation aside from sponsorship money for him going to a terrible Brooklyn Nets team over the Bulls considering both teams would pay him the exact same amount of money.
    If he went to the Nets don't you think D.Williams would still be there. I mean D.Rose and D.Williams isn't far off I would take Rose over Williams but I wouldn't bitch if I got Williams either. I'm talking about the part where you said he would be a solo act.

15+ Year Old Account
    If he went to the Nets don't you think D.Williams would still be there. I mean D.Rose and D.Williams isn't far off I would take Rose over Williams but I wouldn't bitch if I got Williams either. I'm talking about the part where you said he would be a solo act.
    I don't know. I think Deron would honestly consider going home to play for the Mavs even if they got Howard at this point. Even with Howard it would just be him and Williams. They have no other viable pieces. Humphries is good but he fills the exact same role on a team Dwight does, defense and rebounds, without having his other assets. Deron could go to Dallas where they have an established set of great players. Brooklyn would have the cap space to get a third big star though. I think I read they only have $9 million committed in cap next year which is exactly what Miami had a year ago. If they can add Howard and another piece maybe Deron stays. But right now, even with Howard I think he goes to Dallas or potentially LA.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hum who else could they get next year if they did get D.Howard and still kept D.Williams. I mean who is a free agent next year worth it to build around?

With the Dirk/Dwight I think they would be better because Dirk is so versatile and Dwight does everything well that Dirk doesnt and vice versa. They are basically the best at what they do bar none. You could even argue some of the best in history at what they do. Dirk draws the 2nd big away from the middle so they cant double Howard giving him easy 1 on 1 matchups in the paint OR Howard draws Dirks cover to the paint so hes either open or has a little man on him. Either way its win win. I think Dirks inside game is underrated, its not typical and its not power. But he has an inside game its just mostly on finesse and getting foul calls. His production in the paint is still very good

As for Dwight and the Bulls personally I dont think its a shoe deal, hes going to get his money regardless I dont see it being about greed, at least not money greed. I think its more because its clearly Derrick Rose team and Dwight coming to Chicago will not change that in the eyes of most people. Dwight wants to be the man, its how i view him differently than the whole Lebron/Wade/Bosh situation. Now you could say well than why go to Dallas they have Dirk its his team clearly? Which is true but the thing is the Mavs will be Dirks team for what... 2-3 yrs? maybe 4? Dirk will succumb to age and Dwight will have the reigns. In Chicago that wont happen D-Rose is even younger than he is and he isnt going anywhere. Another decade with the Bulls. Hes a Chicago kid hes absolutely adored, Dwight will never surpass him in popularity here. And to me that is the main reason

Actually in my gerald green video I was not the one saying it was the best of all time, it was stephen a smith and others, on PTI and around the horn, which was ludicrous.

I think dwight howard is somewhat over rated, he just does not seem to care half the time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Dwight Howard pretty much just owned the big 3 I didn't watch the game just saw highlights and he was pretty brutal dunking on bosh.

10+ Year Old Account
    Gonna steer off this trade talk for a moment. I'm watching a show called "The Lost Dunks", as in the dunks from the players that didn't win the Dunk contest. Anyway i still to this day can not understand how Andre Igudala lost it to Nate, who the f was voting.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GZpYa...eature=related Part 1 starts there very entertaining.
    Nate Robinson winning the contest was such a sack of shit. God that contest has gone downhill.

Then again, there's only so many different dunks you can do. At some point, originality is the key. Nate still shouldn't have won though.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Twiddly View Post
    Actually in my gerald green video I was not the one saying it was the best of all time, it was stephen a smith and others, on PTI and around the horn, which was ludicrous.

I think dwight howard is somewhat over rated, he just does not seem to care half the time.
    That because his team takes nights off where they have no interest in running an offense and just jack 40+ threes. Dwight is phenomenal. Dwight should have the second most 20,20 games in NBA history before the end of this year which is absolutely insane considering he has years and years left to play.

As for Dwight and the Bulls personally I dont think its a shoe deal, hes going to get his money regardless I dont see it being about greed, at least not money greed. I think its more because its clearly Derrick Rose team and Dwight coming to Chicago will not change that in the eyes of most people. Dwight wants to be the man, its how i view him differently than the whole Lebron/Wade/Bosh situation.
    I'd believe that if his list of teams he was interested in didn't include Los Angeles (Kobe's team), Los Angeles (Paul and Blake's team), Miami (LeBron and Wade's team), etc. There is literally no other reason besides money that he won't want to go to Chicago. Most of the other teams he is interested in have an established mega star on the franchise for at least the next couple years or for a decade to come in the case of LAC and Miami.

---------- Post added 2012-03-14 at 07:25 AM ----------

Dwight Howard pretty much just owned the big 3 I didn't watch the game just saw highlights and he was pretty brutal dunking on bosh.
    Ya he was absolutely dominate inside last night especially late in the 4th and in OT. The Heat couldn't get outside shots to fall late and they couldn't get in the paint because of Dwight playing probably his best game of the year in what could be his final home game in Orlando.

---------- Post added 2012-03-14 at 07:30 AM ----------

The real reason, hell the only reason, Miami lost last night is because of the officiating. Orlando took 37 FT attempts. Miami took ELEVEN. ZERO in the second half and OT. One of the most fouled teams in the NBA doesn't draw a single foul over 2+ quarters? Right.

10+ Year Old Account
    Lol, Dwight saying to Orlando they have to roll the dice if they want to keep him, and end up like Cleveland. He is a 90% Net to me now, unless Orlando want another Shaq scenario. Getting Brook Lopez is better then getting nothing.
    It's coming in 1.2!!!

15+ Year Old Account
    Getting Brook Lopez is better then getting nothing.
    In the same way that getting Sunny Delight is better than dying of thirst. Better, but only because of the void that would be there if you didn't fill it with that awful concoction.

---------- Post added 2012-03-14 at 11:07 AM ----------

According to the New York Post, Carmelo Anthony wants out of New York. The reason he has taken so few shots during huge stretches of games lately is that Lin and the rest of the team refuse to go to him because Carmelo won't run D'Antoni's offense. Apparently Lin and the rest of them have been trying to get him to play the system but he has been refusing to compromise. He also may or may not want an assurance that the Knicks are going to fire D'Antoni, something he believed was going to happen after the playoffs last year, if they fail to succeed this season and he wants input on personnel decisions like a number of other stars have.

Deleted
    The real reason, hell the only reason, Miami lost last night is because of the officiating. Orlando took 37 FT attempts. Miami took ELEVEN. ZERO in the second half and OT. One of the most fouled teams in the NBA doesn't draw a single foul over 2+ quarters? Right.
    One if the most fouled teams in the NBA were afraid of Howard under the basket and settled for long fadeaways, that's why no FT's. And Magic collected offensive rebounds and passed ball inside. Plus intentional foul on Howard at the end of 4th. And they were trailing at the last minutes of OT, so here comes intentional fouls again. I actually just watched the game so I actually know what I'm talking about. If Heat won't figure out something better than long jumpers against teams with tall frontcourts, they will run into same problems as they did in last years Finals.