10+ Year Old Account
    Sweet baby jesus. Looks like there isn't much hope. Ah well. I am more amused by the response and shock to some of this right now. Hell, it even seems there isn't much in the way of Kings fans around here anymore.
    VanCleef wants you! Join the Defias Brotherhood and hang out on a yacht all day!

The Grantland NBA previews are looking pretty fun. As long as you like the Jalen/Bill combo, anyway.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post
    Kay. I wanted to make an adjustment to conscript's too.

Pistons win Eastern Conference Finals Three Pistons make the All Star team Conscript comes to 2014 NBA Draft
    Kings make it to second round of NBA Playoffs Two Kings make All Star team or any King wins league MVP or any King wins scoring title or any King wins Defensive PoY Robby comes to 2014 NBA Draft
    I can handle this. Downside is the Pistons likely won't have a 1st round pick in the draft though since they should pay it to Charlotte this year if they finish outside the lottery.

Quote Originally Posted by Spectral View Post
    The Grantland NBA previews are looking pretty fun. As long as you like the Jalen/Bill combo, anyway.
    Got to love a decent length video per team and not just a paragraph long preview.

Herald of the Titans Skarsguard's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    As a Spurs fan I would take Cousins I think Tim would mentor him for the his last year or two there.

Tim Duncan isn't going anywhere, idk why you would even say something like "last year or two."

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post
    Tim Duncan isn't going anywhere, idk why you would even say something like "last year or two."
    Well he will be 38 before the season is over. He hasn't really seen a drop in production, at all ever, but he is getting up there. He has one year after this left on his contract and even that is an option. He has done literally everything you can possibly do in the NBA and is almost inarguably the greatest PF ever. I really don't think Duncan is going to be one of those guys who hangs around until 43 and sees his production decline. He has seen it happen firsthand. He isn't going to pull an Admiral on the Spurs. Duncan can't lose those beautifully consistent Per 36 numbers or he just wouldn't be Tim Duncan.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    It's such bullshit that he couldn't win a title last year because Kawhi Leonard can't make a free throw and/or the refs allowed Ray Allen to travel.

Quote Originally Posted by Stommped View Post
    Kawhi Leonard can't make a free throw
    Okay.

and/or the refs allowed Ray Allen to travel.
    And nope.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jreg View Post
    Okay.
    Yep.

And nope.
    There's no question about it, just watch the replay that they showed from the overhead camera. He catches the ball with one foot down, steps back, brings the foot that he had down back to shoot the ball. That's traveling, you can't move your pivot foot without dribbling.
    Sup?

It's such bullshit that he couldn't win a title last year because Kawhi Leonard can't make a free throw and/or the refs allowed Ray Allen to travel.
    You cant talk about that series without mentioning Ginobili. Can argue he shouldve won MVP since he helped the Heat as much as anyone else clinch it.

Yep.
    What ifs are fun. Too bad they don't mean shit.

Sup?
    Gather step. Plus, if that's a travel, Tony Parker's crazy banker in game 1 is most certainly a travel - lifted his pivot foot before releasing the shot. Of course, because it's the Heat, your mouth stays shut.

Tim Duncan was also illegally substituted into the game after the Ray Allen three. I'm willing to bet if that illegal substitution led to the Spurs winning in game 6, you wouldn't even bat an eye.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'm willing to bet if that illegal substitution led to the Spurs winning in game 6, you wouldn't even bat an eye.

- - - Updated - - -

Stop being such a blatant homer. At the point Leonard went to the line the Heat's chances of winning that game were sub 10%, period. Just be thankful the sports miracle was your side, a la the Steelers with the immaculate reception.

Don't be a retard. That comment is obviously centralized on YOU not the GAME.

Stop being such a blatant homer.
    Okay there buddy. You are the biggest god damn homer on this forum and you're gonna call me a homer? Yeah, no. I point out flaws and avoid homer comments if I can help it. Before the Finals, I predicted Spurs in 6. During the ECF, I was constantly letting people know that just because the Heat won game 1, and then game 3, and then game 5, it wasn't over.

At the point Leonard went to the line the Heat's chances of winning that game were sub 10%, period.
    And they still won. Welcome to sports. It's like when you hear those people who claim the Bulls "would've lost anyway" in 2012 when Rose went down because the Heat beat them in 5 the previous year. You are obviously going to defend the opposite way just like I am with the Finals.

Just be thankful the sports miracle was your side, a la the Steelers with the immaculate reception.
    I am but it doesn't help spiteful, jealous morons like you keep bringing that shit up like "what if Ray Allen does hit the three"? And when you can't seem to compartmentalize that, you claim it's travel based on the rantings of an NBA player that hasn't played in decades.
    Last edited by jreg; 2013-10-05 at 02:46 PM.

7 of the clock tonight. NBA TV. Indiana Pacers vs. Chicago Bulls preseason.

I definitely wanna check it out lol.

- - - Updated - - -

GRAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH I'M SO MAD. I just fucking realized.

Thursday was "Career Fair" at my school and these recruiters from companies came to offer jobs to the students.

Anyway, Brooklyn Nets and Madison Square Garden Company (and New York Mets but who gives a fuck about them) came (and US Open people came too lol...)...

So I spoke to Nets people. They're hiring for Spring internship same as their website but it's for academic credit, AKA unpaid, but you have to work 25 hours a week. And it's some bullshit stuff. I told the lady to let me help analyze ticket sales but she's like "sorry no we're not open in that but I'll talk to human resources for you." She's not gonna fucking do that, was one of those things you just tell people.

Went to MSG place, they talked about program and they just said to apply online and gave a brief description. It's 35 hours per week so it's not part time and I think they won't do it for the summer or winter only, they just want to do it for when I graduate...but it is paid I believe (prob not well paid).

Also, I took some stuff from their booths. Sec lemme take a pic.

It's a Rangers pin and a Nets ruler. Envy me.

Anyway...I'm so mad because I should have asked them to reserve me All Star tickets....I'm fucking stupid. Fuck jobs with them, I need tickets@@@ Or maybe I should have told them to reserve our NBA Draft tickets now lol.....

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    He's back!

- - - Updated - - -

I am but it doesn't help spiteful, jealous morons like you keep bringing that shit up like "what if Ray Allen does hit the three"? And when you can't seem to compartmentalize that, you claim it's travel based on the rantings of an NBA player that hasn't played in decades.
    How am I spiteful or jealous of the Heat? If you read the original comment I was responding to, you would see my comment was inspired by pity for Tim Duncan. I was upset that if not for a sports miracle, he could have had the opportunity to retire after winning a championship (not saying he would have, but who knows). I still believe the Spurs were the better team at that time (as did you, since you picked the Spurs in 6) so it just all around sucks for Tim Duncan.

I would have said the same thing about Ray Lewis if the Niners had beaten the Ravens in the superbowl on a last second Hail Mary. That wouldn't make me spiteful or jealous of the Niners. The fact that you got so defensive over one harmless comment, that's being a MAJOR homer. You felt the need to come to defense of your team because someone didn't say something positive about them.
    Last edited by Stommped; 2013-10-05 at 11:43 PM.

I took a nap and missed the first hour lol. I see he's on the court though.

How am I spiteful or jealous of the Heat? If you read the original comment I was responding to, you would see my comment was inspired by pity for Tim Duncan.
    Yeah, except the tone of the comment reeks of your hatred of the Heat with that little jab at the end claiming Ray Allen traveled when he very clearly didn't. Just because you pity Tim Duncan doesn't mean you can't simultaneously make insipid comments about the Heat.

The fact that you got so defensive over one harmless comment, that's being a MAJOR homer. You felt the need to come to defense of your team because someone didn't say something positive about them.
    What kind of logic is this shit? So when you and Spectral had that back and forth over Derrick Rose, that makes you a grade A superfan homer too right? Don't be a retard. There's a fine line between being a fan and a homer. I'm sick and tired of hearing about every and anything under the sun that belittles the accomplishments of the team and its players when few other teams deal with that bullshit on this magnitude. I'm sure you heard the insidious comments suggesting Derrick Rose is a coward for sitting out longer than he had to? That's 100% bullshit. Anyone with a brain knows that, doesn't stop you from disagreeing vehemently with it nor occasionally making your distaste known.

The Heat won fair and square. I sure as hell am going to defend that. Apparently, that makes me a homer.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Sorry, would you have preferred I said "It sucks Tim Duncan couldn't have won because they had to face the far superior Heat," because that would just be a bullshit lie. Seriously how can you defend your reaction. I stated that the Heat got lucky and were not the better team. That comment reeks of hatred? That's an opinion which MOST people share. You really need a reality check if you expect everything written/said about the Heat to be about how they are the greatest team ever, and in the process lose your shit when you read/hear that said.

Doesn't it seem kind of obvious that the series was so close that there's just no objective difference between those teams? They're dead even. I understand why some people don't like the term "luck", but just swap in "product of non-repeatable semi-random occurrences" if you find "luck" offensive. The Heat won because of non-repeatable semi-random occurrences (weird rebounds and Allen's shot). If the Spurs had won, it also would have been because of non-repeatable semi-random occurrences (Green shooting at an unsustainable rate, the one crazy Parker shot, etc.), not because one team is objectively better than the other.

I wish Duncan had gotten another title, because I'm a huge fanboy for him, and yeah, it stings a bit more that they didn't lose to a better team, but an equal team that they could have just as easily beaten. That's sports though.

Sorry, would you have preferred I said "It sucks Tim Duncan couldn't have won because they had to face the far superior Heat," because that would just be a bullshit lie. Seriously how can you defend your reaction. I stated that the Heat got lucky and were not the better team. That comment reeks of hatred? That's an opinion which MOST people share. You really need a reality check if you expect everything written/said about the Heat to be about how they are the greatest team ever, and in the process lose your shit when you read/hear that said.
    No you idiot, that's not AT ALL what I'm saying. Notice how I said you made jabs at the Heat which ended up being WRONG? I even said the Spurs were the better team before the series. I don't even agree with people who say the 2013 Heat are one of the greatest teams ever. Nothing, NOTHING I have said even suggests the Heat were in any capacity superior to the Spurs like your little strawman you've drawn up so nicely.

All I've been saying is that it's fucking retarded when people try to bring up caveats when talking about the Heat's championship, particularly since it's not as if the Spurs weren't lucky as well. Period. And from my perspective, when I see that kind of shit, it reeks of spitefulness.